• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

adopt - a - noob

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
Everyone doesn't have to help by playing melee, mainly just helping people learn how to play. If you want to send PMs on information to certain characters, or L-cancelling made easy, whatever, just message them and tell them. If you want to actually play with a newbie, then simple message them and me, telling you're setting up plans stuff like that. Everyone choose a person, or multiple people, whatever works.

ATL SOUTH Adopt a newbie
i think everything should adopt a person who's bad at melee and teach them. thoughts? ;D

Georgia
antic (duluth ga)
kingk
diablo
vietg
dynomite
biglou (marietta, ga)
noir
octix

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
thats funny but a good idea.... Ill play anyone at my house if im not working...
where do you live josh? I was thinking just have a set day for everyone to come in, or just talk to your apointed 'noob' about melee and how it works, get them on a set schedule of practice, stuff like that.

antic
kingk
diablo
vietg
dynomite
biglou (NOT RLY? :O)
noir

not sure if you're kidding or not, but added anyways.

Btw i call Sleepyk :o

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
hahah me like idea
I can teach as well but i live in Columbus soooo <_<

you can easily just tell someone what they need to learn, find movies for them to watch on youtube, so on and so forth, for people like you it would be something like an ecollege you know?

VTs i was actually thinking that would be a great idea, 7 person tournament. something pretty simple. All of the newbies are so scared of well seasoned players and stay off in their own little world, not improving, this allows Ga to be more connected, people newbies to know more higher up players and learn faster instead of staying at a steady line. I think this would be really effective.

S0FT

Smash Ace
I live in lawrneceville, on pleasant hill like 2 minutes away form 85.... I would love to help you get better and anyone else.... the more people the better

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Is this for GA?
Yes this is for GA, however this could be set for florida.mississippi, alabama, etc. if anyone's willing to give me info on all the newbies out there.

I live in lawrneceville, on pleasant hill like 2 minutes away form 85.... I would love to help you get better and anyone else.... the more people the better

Like i said to Alpha, you're far away, so to help you would probably show some basic videos to any of the newbies listed for GA, dont' even tell them that you chose them, just PM them and be like "Hey, i'm going to teach you melee" and that's it. Pretty simple from there.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you might get more of a turnout in this thread if you call it literally "ATL South: Adopt-a-Noob" so it looks like it will help the community.

You should also put the location of the noob next to their name. =)

If anyone lives near the FL/GA border and is entry level to the game then I could help them.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
If anybody is next to oxford, MS (and not the guy I already met.....) then I could help. Then again, there are better teachers/smashers than me.

If anyone wants advice just PM me or AIM me and I will try. Try is the word. XD

Edit: NESn00b is better than he sounds on the internet. He could most definitely help people. <3 you NES.

Vts

Smash Champion
If anybody is next to oxford, MS (and not the guy I already met.....) then I could help. Then again, there are better teachers/smashers than me.

Edit: NESn00b is better than he sounds on the internet. He could most definitely help people. <3 you NES.
Edit 2: NES n00b is amazing trust me he can help u

But i'm willing to help anyone also even though i am only good at teaching tech stuff mindgames aren't really me lol.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
I'd be up for this but I doubt anyone significantly good is around Jax. Nothing I couldn't learn on my own

PB&J

Smash Hero
best idea ever..i am about to go to ny so u guys should learn from soft and i will teach some people when i get back but i think u should upload tutorials from youtube on how to wavedash, L cancel , etc

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

Edit 2: NES n00b is amazing trust me he can help u

But i'm willing to help anyone also even though i am only good at teaching tech stuff mindgames aren't really me lol.
3rd edit: no comment besides that the quotes are too generous no matter how much I <3 you guys. :)

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
Everyone doesn't have to help by playing melee, mainly just helping people learn how to play. If you want to send PMs on information to certain characters, or L-cancelling made easy, whatever, just message them and tell them. If you want to actually play with a newbie, then simple message them and me, telling you're setting up plans stuff like that. Everyone choose a person, or multiple people, whatever works.

ATL SOUTH Adopt a newbie
i think everything should adopt a person who's bad at melee and teach them. thoughts? ;D

Georgia
antic (duluth ga)
kingk
diablo
vietg
dynomite
biglou (marietta, ga)
noir
octix
I know how to L-cancel and everything lol. Once I'm warmed up I can do them almost flawlessly. I just need to practice against people :p

GAwes

Hidden Boss
awesome man, im lovin all the effort, lets take this train to the ****ing top!!!!!! Im busy as **** for the next 3 weeks with finals, then i'll be in spain for a month, after tipped off 4, im preparing this state to ****, and i'll teach anyone that'll come to my house or meet me when i come through atlanta. I ****ing **** by the way, so it'll be worth it, plus, i wanna be a history professor, so i know a thing or two about teaching.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
awesome, i see this is getting some support, has anyone actually PM'd any of the listed "newbies"?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
St pete FL niggz

Im into melee hardcore

****it, I wanted one of my combos to be "givin the business" but Darkrain has most combo names ever already

Quitefrank

Smash Rookie
Semi Noob in the Clayton County/Atlanta area, need people to play. I used to be fairly decent, but lost alot of skill due to lack of people to play.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'll train a scrub from GA.

PM me if you're readily available during weekdays from 2pm-7pm and can get a ride places OR live within 5-10 miles of me.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Semi Noob in the Clayton County/Atlanta area, need people to play. I used to be fairly decent, but lost alot of skill due to lack of people to play.
lol you aint forget about me right:laugh:
i can train some folk but like nes noob said there are better smashers than me none the less im pretty solid in melee im in the clayton county area so someone can drop by or whatever

im sure my bother will help too he mains fox falco

i main sheik ganon luigi and some peach

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Who lives near me?
I live in
<3 Chas, even though you'll never read this)
I live near 78, and I'm willing to drive all over the place for smash bros.

Duluth isn't that far from me, iirc.

Last edited:

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Who lives near me?
Brookwood blows, by the way (<3 Chas, even though you'll never read this)
I live near 78, and I'm willing to drive all over the place for smash bros.

Duluth isn't that far from me, iirc.
I know three people who play smash there and they have meetings on mondays, maybe you could come in and teach them melee for about an hour or two. It's a five minute drive from waba.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Monday is not a good day this semester for me, sorry :(
I have my dinosaur class from 530 to 7 :D

Top Bottom