• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADHD battles NL, Shadow, and D1 :)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Chromepirate:

Here is one trick I think you will actually like (though you probably already thought of it). Say you have D3 over 150% (or any character, but this works best on large-easy to hit-slow characters). Normally you need another ~30% to KO him. If you have a banana near by when you land a grab, then instead of throwing him back/forward and edge guardinig, throw D3 up and then pick up the nana, throw the banana up at D3 (requires prediction), and chase the nana with the Uair. You will score the KO early (160%). They can't escape the hit too: if they get hit by the banana they eat an Uair, if they dodge the banana you should be able to punish the air dodge with a Uair. Its win-win, it just requires prediction and timing. If you watch my matches versus Lain's D3 you see me landing a few uairs on him by just chucking nanas at him (and I think one scored a KO, IIRC).

ADHD

Smash Hero
Chromepirate:

Here is one trick I think you will actually like (though you probably already thought of it). Say you have D3 over 150% (or any character, but this works best on large-easy to hit-slow characters). Normally you need another ~30% to KO him. If you have a banana near by when you land a grab, then instead of throwing him back/forward and edge guardinig, throw D3 up and then pick up the nana, throw the banana up at D3 (requires prediction), and chase the nana with the Uair. You will score the KO early (160%). They can't escape the hit too: if they get hit by the banana they eat an Uair, if they dodge the banana you should be able to punish the air dodge with a Uair. Its win-win, it just requires prediction and timing. If you watch my matches versus Lain's D3 you see me landing a few uairs on him by just chucking nanas at him (and I think one scored a KO, IIRC).
Ok hmm ill try it, usually uairs never kill atomsk's d3 because its DI is so good and it's fat as hell.

Plus uair's weren't made to KO.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Uair is great for KO, its like Diddy's 4th/5th best KO move (F-smash, d-smash, f-air, then probably u-tilt/u-air-I don't count spikes)

I'm sure you've notice that on BF/FD/Smashville that if you dash attack MK at 140% and he pops up straight that a Uair will KO him 100% of the time. Uair is weak if you hit close to the ground, but it works if you get the opponent in the air roughly the distance of the top platform (actually just below it) on BF.

Watch the Uair KO at 2:05 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eR94qsEWPk&feature=related

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
PFFT

Uair is great for KO, its like Diddy's 4th/5th best KO move.

I'm sure you've notice that on BF/FD/Smashville that if you dash attack MK at 140% and he pops up straight that a Uair will KO him 100% of the time. Uair is weak if you hit close to the ground, but it works if you get the opponent in the air roughly the distance of the top platform (actually just below it) on BF.
^ This

Uair is a good KO move also partially because Diddy's main KO moves are horizontal killers, so a star KO move is a surprise.

And yeah I think it's 5th best, but it ends the stock a lot less often than the regulars

Fsmash
Dsmash
Fair
Bair

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Player-1

Smash Legend
AndyG has picked up Diddy for those who don't know, he is really amazing with his grabs and throw(pfft Olimar skills). At low percents he does Uthrow > Uair on me and it worked on me the first couple of times, but then I caught on. So just don't keep it predictable

ADHD

Smash Hero
AndyG has picked up Diddy for those who don't know, he is really amazing with his grabs and throw(pfft Olimar skills). At low percents he does Uthrow > Uair on me and it worked on me the first couple of times, but then I caught on. So just don't keep it predictable
Bthrow and fthrow have better potential combo properties than a measly uair :)

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero

Sorry, I just thought this thread needed more FD.
Everything needs more FD...
(O_o)

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
AndyG is sticking with Olimar. He picked up Diddy for like a week but then decided to drop him.

Jupz

Smash Master
Watched the set twice already :p Too good. I loved atomsk first kill on BF :p

And your diddy is amazing, so good to watch. Your comebacks are too good :)

Deez.

Smash Lord
I saw those videos like 2 weeks ago haha. But Adhd nonetheless all that **** was Amazing mah dood. Good stuff XD. Funny how you said you learned the matchup better by looking at your own videos, I learned the matchup better as well. Thanks though.

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
Yo Chrome wat do u feed your diddy? Do you feed him like McDonalds and KFC all day. He is so ****ing obese.

Teh Future

Smash Master
wow shadow did a pretty good job controlling the bananas and you still completely dominated him.

I really want to see you play Dojo/m2k.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I just finished watching your set with D1, and I have a question. That ground grab release thing...how well does it work? I've tried using a couple months back. and I still do occasionally, but the Snakes I play over wifi seem to always counter it with a rising fair or sometimes they'll just switch things up and do something else. Did D1 and Candy just not know about this? Or is just something else?

Edit: Where's the other games with NL with ROB?

saberhof

Smash Master
^ i really aim at not knowing what was going to happen, i have tried this, and most people catch on, they can do anything from it, they aren't in stun or anything xO...but i guess ADHD mindgamed them xP haha

btw fat diddy...

ADHD

Smash Hero
No they can't. If they do something odd with a C4 they'll just take a **** load of damage at low percents and there is a chance you can still spike them. They have two solid options, jump up and get dtilt'd, or DI away and jump+up b. Either way, you can catch on to what they are going to do usually after the first time.

Player-1

Smash Legend
No they can't. If they do something odd with a C4 they'll just take a **** load of damage at low percents and there is a chance you can still spike them. They have two solid options, jump up and get dtilt'd, or DI away and jump+up b. Either way, you can catch on to what they are going to do usually after the first time.
But can't they jump above the dtilt with a rising fair?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
How do you Monkey Flip Kick so fricken far and fast?

Anyways props to you for defeating alot of good players!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea wtf snakes do bairs on me when i grab release them im like argh wtf!
i loved the match with candy man :3 it was sweet it taught me alot!

ADHD

Smash Hero
yea wtf snakes do bairs on me when i grab release them im like argh wtf!
i loved the match with candy man :3 it was sweet it taught me alot!
Bair...? They're facing the other way, and dtilt should stump their jump :dizzy:

ADHD

Smash Hero
ADHD lost to Jband's Luigi. Luigi is Diddy's worst matchup not Marth =p
How the **** is this getting everywhere. That tourney was downright depressing, I have johns but I was nice enough not to say them aloud. I got 4th so I guess I shouldn't complain... Marth is by far diddy's hardest matchup, no... just no. Luigi in second. BTW I have a set of me vs atomsk so you can see how bad it is when I play not so well XD

Player-1

Smash Legend
How the **** is this getting everywhere. That tourney was downright depressing, I have johns but I was nice enough not to say them aloud. I got 4th so I guess I shouldn't complain... Marth is by far diddy's hardest matchup, no... just no. Luigi in second. BTW I have a set of me vs atomsk so you can see how bad it is when I play not so well XD

Anti was spreading the word in the chat XD, but he wasn't bragging or nothing. I knew you were probably playing bad because I know you usually beat Anti and stuff

ADHD

Smash Hero
Anti was spreading the word in the chat XD, but he wasn't bragging or nothing. I knew you were probably playing bad because I know you usually beat Anti and stuff
His snake is his toughest for me now, I've thought of a pretty good answer for it though.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
After seeing you play, and watching these videos, I've actually decided to pick up Diddy.
And I'll say right now that Diddy is one of the most fun characters I have ever used.

Top Bottom