• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Address Change!!!!!Smashfest in Springfield Oh, 28-30th November(Melee, Brawl)

wakka444

Smash Ace
once the numbers start growing real tournies will sprout this is just the start of something beautiful

lou4222

Smash Lord
Me and Holtz have been brainstorming about possible Springfield venues that would be good for hosting a tournament. Springfield is a perfect location to host a tournament. an hour from columbus, 20 minutes from Dayton and an hour from Cincy. We could get huge numbers if we get a base and grow in numbers. We sould definitely make this a regular thing and have smashfests at least biweekly. We should shoot to try and host a tournament in the spring sometime.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If you guys hold tournies in the Spring, I am more than willing to come lose money to you guys ;)

Nope

Smash Lord
Yes tourneys for sure in the future Springfield has great potential as far as location goes hell even indy is only 1 1/2-2 hours tops

lou4222

Smash Lord
Way over due. I cant believe anyone else in Springfield actually plays. Me and Holtz have played each other thousands of times thinking it would be so hard to get more competition. I really look forward to this next weekend. We need to start hammering out exactly when and where we will meet and start playing and see who all we are expecting to show.

wakka444

Smash Ace
We've playing since 64 thinking we were the only competitive springfield smashers and thinking we were big stuff haha

Now to business, i need everyones schedule please include:

*What games you are interested in and if you can/will bring a setup(power splitters also encouraged)
*When you will be here and for how long
*If participating in the Crew battle give us the number of crew members
*Whether or not you need to crash here

I'll start,

*Wakka444,Silhouette, Paranormalsin, Zazi(yes he mains Zelda get used to it), and Capt.
I will be working Friday night and Saturday night so I'm gonna have trouble fitting into our Crew battles(all the more reason I need your info guys)

*We will be playing 64-Brawl with a 64, and 2-5 Brawl/Melee Setups(might not have enough tvs)

*Our Crew will be participating in the Crew battle.

I will be sleeping in my own house=P

Silhouette

Smash Lord
What i learned in college: Turns out every casual player who has never fought someone competitive thinks they're hot stuff.

*I'm interested in 64, Melee, Tetris, and Brawl.

*I can bring Two TV's, a Wii with Brawl, a GC w melee, and a 64 w smash (&& 3 controllers). and many power spitters and extension cords.

*Currently i should be arriving on Saturday probably early in the day and staying the rest of the weekend. but ill try to talk it over with ma mere to see if i can be there friday.

*Silhouette (The Squirrel-esk character), Wakka444 (A Mexican of sorts), Paranormalsin (I don't even know anymore), Zazi (Zelda get over it), and Cap'n (God Tier)

Spfld FTW!

and would anyone like to play stratego? I have stratego.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
* 90% Melee, but interested in a crew battle with all three Smash games. Also I like Go and Starcraft and Long Walks on the Beach. Can bring wii+brawl+melee+powersplitter+goboard (left my beach at home)

* Still not sure when I'll be arriving or leaving, depends on the rest of my crew. Personally I'd like to arrive as early as possible and stay for as long as possible, where as historically Reside rarely wants to stay atsmashfests longer than the total drive time he will have spent spent there and back.

* Smashers Of the Dayton Area: Paradigm, Reside, Nano, Method (count: 4)

* Don't know if I need to crash there, depends on the rest of the crew.

I'll go for a game of stratego but be warned like the best strategic boardgame mind in much of Ohio is in my crew. Also I don't know what he thinks of Stratego but I may be able to talk him into bringing a Go board.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Holtz can check me on this, but Ill be there (Lou), Holtz(nope), capem, fonz, cake, and champ should all be gos. Im not sure about fonz but the rest should definitely be there. We would definitely like to play a crew battle. All of us are brawl, me and holtz play melee, and i think we could all stand a small amount of 64. Basically we are all about brawl and would love to play that mostly. Im free from Wed night all the way until Sunday afternoon. I cant speak for everyone else. Hopefully holtz can get in touch with the rest of our crew and find out their schedules since they arent really on the boards. We should run a lot of teams in Brawl too as Holtz and I have been wanting desperately to test out the snake Game and Watch combo. Its gonna be a good time. We could provide 2 setups possibly three?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
dude I love Go
but I havn't played in forever and never played enough to get that good in the first place.
but id love to get my butt beat at Go.
I can bring the beach , I CHALLENGE YOU TO A WALK OFF!

Wakka: I was sleeping over my laptop, woke up, posted, and fell back asleep over it.
and 6 a.m.?!? don't you sleep?

Nope

Smash Lord
Lou Thats Pretty close to who will be there I dont really know everyones schedules but when its time for the crew battles they will be there in a heartbeat I'm sure. Fonz and I have thanksgiving Sat morning but after that we are all Free most of the weekend. Para like I said before if any of you need housing between wakka and I we can easily fit you all. I know I can house at least 5 People myself with couch space.

MeThOd

Smash Rookie
dude I love Go
but I havn't played in forever and never played enough to get that good in the first place.
but id love to get my butt beat at Go.
I can bring the beach , I CHALLENGE YOU TO A WALK OFF!

Wakka: I was sleeping over my laptop, woke up, posted, and fell back asleep over it.
and 6 a.m.?!? don't you sleep?
This has nothing to do with your comment, but I remember you from a smashfest in columbus last year. :o

wakka444

Smash Ace
lies para i was the good bowser we made that very clear as i bowser dittoed you and won with bowser's pro wd =D

And yes i also remember the columbus smashfest but i cant say i remember you off the top of my head=(

soap

Smash Hero
is this next saturday?

how far is springfield from c-bus? i actually have no idea what direction it is from here.

paradigm, u going? i want random character MM's they are really fun.

wakka444

Smash Ace
hey soap=), this will be this upcoming weekend friday through sunday we have housing and springfield is an hour away and probably another fifteen minutes or so to here.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Wavedashing with Bowser is cheating everyone knows that.

Yeah I'm most likely going. I probably won't do MM's, though. I did some friendlies with some Dayton people recently and barely held my own, it was pretty embarrassing. Let me get back to a city with an actual Smash scene and get back in shape and then maybe I'll start doing silly things like MM's again.

Good news is I'll most likely get all A's this quarter which should help smooth things over with OSU and get them to let me back in. Probably not in time for winter quarter but hopefully spring if not summer. Ugh. Sooooo long stuck in Dayton ):

Also if we're a man down for crews then soap is totally ringing for SODA. Yummie, SODA_COK.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Hey soap we used to play melee back during my freshmen and soph year over in baker east. I live in Springfield and really its only about 50 minutes from campus. Hop on I 70 west and its about 40 minutes until Springfield. Anyone is welcome to attend and bring as many friends as they want. Between Wakkas house and Holtzs, since they live less than 5 minutes from each other, there should pretty much be constant smashing.

Nope

Smash Lord
ya Cbus is def only 40-50 min tops (depending how you like to drive) As Lou said we can house a ton of people and there will be plenty of smash to be had! The more the better Im getting pretty excited.

wakka444

Smash Ace
i just wish i didnt have to work everyday of My smashfest sighhh ill just have to makeup for it by doing as much ****ing smashing in between work as possible

lou4222

Smash Lord
Since you have to work everyday we should just have it at Holtzs house. He has three set ups already, a house of his own, and room for at least 5 or 6 more setups. You both live in close proximity with one another, but since he doesnt have to work it might be easier. Just a suggestion.

wakka444

Smash Ace
nah its cool ive had this planned to long and have no intention on bailing on it plus i really want to have this thanks nonetheless=)

wakka444

Smash Ace
i know its like they dont even care im now banning soap+soda soap will be his own crew unless he finds some shampoo and conditioner to join him
-me out

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm tempted if this is a tourney, but having Melee and Brawl+ setups there makes me think this would take forever. Too many games is no good.

lou4222

Smash Lord
If Overswarm can bring some Cincy guys then we could easily get 20-30 people for this. I know Wakka and all his guys want to play some Melee but Myself and Holtz crew want to do nothing but Brawl. Maybe on Friday night we could do Melee and on Saturday we could have nothing but Brawl and try to make this a tournament. I know this is your event Wakka, so by all means you have final say. It would just be really great to try and get people from all over to come and play. Plus tournaments are fun and it would be great to have the Cincy guys come. Whatever you want to do Wakka myself and Holtz can help with (setups, housing, etc)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah I'm most likely going. I probably won't do MM's, though. I did some friendlies with some Dayton people recently and barely held my own, it was pretty embarrassing. Let me get back to a city with an actual Smash scene and get back in shape and then maybe I'll start doing silly things like MM's again.
Hey, to be fair, Scribble has a good ROB.

Good news is I'll most likely get all A's this quarter which should help smooth things over with OSU and get them to let me back in. Probably not in time for winter quarter but hopefully spring if not summer. Ugh. Sooooo long stuck in Dayton ):
Come one now, we're not *THAT* bad. Well, Scribble and Jelli aren't anyway... :laugh:

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Come one now, we're not *THAT* bad. Well, Scribble and Jelli aren't anyway... :laugh:
I don't mean offense, but yeah by default if you're in Dayton you're bad. That includes me for the time being, apparently. Dayton's smash scene is pretty horrible compared to pretty much any city in Ohio that starts with a C. I think it's something in Dayton's air.

I was *much* better when I went to OSU than I am now in Dayton, and I know someone who - even though he claims not to play much there - is much better now that he's at OSU than he was when he went to school in Dayton. I don't mean to john, jus' say'n I'm not up to MM's against non-Daytonites.

Nope

Smash Lord
I don't know what everyone else is doing but I know that our crew other then lou and I only play Brawl so everything else isnt really an option for some. I also plan on mainly playing brawl and we are going to have at least a minimum of 4 setups I would guess since our crew is bringing 3 alone. If anyone else could at least bring a wii we have a few extra TVs around. This is more of a smash fest then a tourney but if we get enough people to express some interest we could have a small one with the turnout we get?

Regardless this is a smashfest and we just are in to play some good brawl and have some fun

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I could definitely help make this a tourney if turnout gets good. I could probably bring 2 full setups. 3 hour drive but I'll check back and see how this is progressing. Hopefully overswarm comes so I can get a rematch.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Its too late for me to start organizing a tourney plus I'll be busy this weekend while still having this smashfest(i do have an open door policy so whatever im doing feel free to come and play smash more of my crew will be here taking care of things)

Mholtz and lou could probably scrape a tourney this weekend while my fest is going o=seeing as there are people interested in both i dont see why we cant provide both seeing as we are 5minutes away from eachother, but that is up to them of course=)

My crew is very supportive of melee, brawl, and 64(just sil and i) but there will be set-ups for both and we ll be participating in all the games.

Please note we will be holding crew battles for funnsies and bragging rights this weekend=D

soap

Smash Hero
i dunno if ill make it anymore, ill be in cleveland instead of cbus for thanksgivin and i dont wanna drive to play friendlies

lou4222

Smash Lord
There is a ton of demand for a tornament in Springfield and that is great. It really is perfect location being 20 minutes from dayton, 60 from columbus, an hour from cincy and not too too far from cleveland, Akron etc. Unfortunately it is too close to the weekend to throw something together. Holtzhas Thanksgiving and Wakka has to work. Otherwise im sure they would be completely down for putting this together. Me and Holtz are unbelieveably excited about this and its good that this smash fest turned into such a demand for a tourny. We will no doubt be looking into venues and dates to host a brawl only singles and doubles tournament in springfield. We will probably start looking this weekend and pick a date where nothing is currently going on. That way it wont interfere with holidays and people from all over the state (even possibly ann arbor, indy, and louisville) can come to it. So dont worry you WILL absolutely be getting a tournament from us soon. Maybe if you guys want you can start throwing some dates at us where nothing else is going on for our tournament. Just let us know. So in the meantime this weekend will just be a smashfest and anyone is welcome to come. If you have nothing to do and feel like brawling for hours come on in.

Top Bottom