• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Address Change!!!!!Smashfest in Springfield Oh, 28-30th November(Melee, Brawl)

wakka444

Smash Ace
sounds good lou, you guys take care of brawl one day and we'll take care of melee on another =)

Final verdict: No tournament this weekend

Edit: lol i should remove that thanksXD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There is a ton of demand for a tornament in Springfield and that is great. It really is perfect location being 20 minutes from dayton, 60 from columbus, an hour from cincy and not too too far from cleveland, Akron etc. Unfortunately it is too close to the weekend to throw something together. Holtzhas Thanksgiving and Wakka has to work. Otherwise im sure they would be completely down for putting this together. Me and Holtz are unbelieveably excited about this and its good that this smash fest turned into such a demand for a tourny. We will no doubt be looking into venues and dates to host a brawl only singles and doubles tournament in springfield. We will probably start looking this weekend and pick a date where nothing is currently going on. That way it wont interfere with holidays and people from all over the state (even possibly ann arbor, indy, and louisville) can come to it. So dont worry you WILL absolutely be getting a tournament from us soon. Maybe if you guys want you can start throwing some dates at us where nothing else is going on for our tournament. Just let us know. So in the meantime this weekend will just be a smashfest and anyone is welcome to come. If you have nothing to do and feel like brawling for hours come on in.
Dec. 6th is a big Louisville tournament
Dec. 13th is Vayseths last tournament
Dec. 20th is MWC championships

lou4222

Smash Lord
Thanks Overswarm..... look for us in January then when things are a little bit more dead. We will throw some dates around and see what works best for people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No one plays 64 anymore >_>

You guys should have a tournament this weekend anyway XD

lou4222

Smash Lord
I really want to but I would have to do it by myself since Holtz will be gone till 4 and Wakka has to work. If all of you end up coming....... we could have a small tournament. That was the plan from the beginning. Have a smashfest and if there is enough interest we could have a tourney. Thats not too bad for an hour drive. We could play brawl all day Friday and Saturday and have a small 5 dollar brawl tourney..... Money matches etc if there is interest. There is plenty of housing if you indeed felt like staying. So yea its not organized but if you all come we will have 5 or so setups and if there is interest we could definitely work something else at Holtz as him and Wakka live within walking distance of each other and its easy to go back and forth if people want Brawl (at Holtz) and Melee at Wakkas. So come and we will se what happens.

Nope

Smash Lord
We should stop trying to split this up and it is Wakkas Event so we will have a smash fest! Fun WILL be had by all and that is not negotiable. I don't want to divide eveyone who comes to two different houses so most of this will be at wakkas and will only move to my house if no one can be at wakkas. A tourney sounds fun to setup a venue in the future but its just to late to have one this weekend. If people at the smash fest want to throw something together this weekend for fun and a little cash on the side I'm all for it. I don't want to try to throw something together last minute and have it be sub par. If I am going to ever run a tourney in the future it will be a lot more planned out and at a venue most likely.

All in all everyone should come this weekend to play some good fun matches. Maybe a small tourney (for fun or only a couple dollars) on the side if enough people show up and are interested. We shouldn't be trying to make this into something big with only a couple of days left.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Fun WILL be had by all and that is not negotiable.
wow glad to see the increased interest.

It has become too late to set up a well organized tournament, but with this being a weekend long event we've got plenty of time to do whatever sub-par smash events we decide on. So most of what we do will be decided by those who show up (Probably by popular vote). So we're not shunning the idea of a tournament, but don't hold us to it.
The future holds no bounds... there shall be tournies.

everyone who can come should, including you overswarm.

and are crew battles still going on? alot is riding on this.

what happened to parasin? he kind of vanished and its not like he ever leaves his computer.

nojoes

Smash Ace
i think someone should stop johning and just try to throw something small and quick together otherwise none of ne ohio or cincy will end up coming.

wakka444

Smash Ace
working on it, im chatting with the rest of springfield, so keep close attention to this thread and updates

POSSIBLE VENUE CHANGE-to make a tourney possible thats what we have to do, its only five minutes from the current location

Expect some last minute changes and the fee for it wont be much and itll be poorly organized, ill update soon as the details get worked out

Silhouette

Smash Lord
nojoes, calm down, there will be a tourney, and there will be SUPER HOSTING ACTION!!!

is the venue change to MHoltzes? it would be important to know, and wouldn't be that bad an idea.

i'm still going to arrive saturday so if the tounament is tomorrow then i can't be there =[

wakka444

Smash Ace
oh and sil and to all other tourney watchers, the tourney in question would be held midday saturday fyi, so just keep your eye open

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Ugh a'ight we'll have to grab a ringer. To bad soap backed out, he's the closest to a fifth SODA member I can think of at the moment. Maybe if fromundaman or Arkayne or some other Dayton people show up we'll grab 'em. 'zwhat the "D" stands for, anyways. If not we'll have to have some non-Daytonite |:

Nope

Smash Lord
OK Wakka says his family will be staying at his place last minute this weekend. He has requested we move this to my place and I will gladly do that! (it's only two minutes away) It will Start Friday Night at 6:00 pm you can shoot me a PM if you need to come earlier. Housing will be available to anyone who wants to come. Saturday is really busy for me in the morning with thanksgiving stuff but Lou and a few others will be here until I get back. Because most of us are on and off busy this weekend NO OFFICIAL MONEY TOURNEY!!!!! (it's just to short notice and to unorganized.) sorry =(

New Address: 2141 Broadway St. Springfield, OH 45504
Time: Friday 6:00pm - Sunday Morning
Please bring some setups if you can! we should have at least 3 but more is always appreciated!
I do have a capture card on my computer and It is hooked up to record some matches if anyone wants!
Any other Questions call my cell 937-925-2608
Sorry again for the confusion hope to see you all tom

Edit: Wakka update the OP and give me a call if you can please

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Hmm... Wakka had us showing up at his place about four hours earlier than that. Would it be possible for us to show up at your place so much earlier? We can just Smash at my place for a number of hours before heading out if needed, but I think some of our guys would rather go as early as possible (2:00PM prompted the comment "Kinda late, isn't that?")

Edit: Warm up smash at my place it is, then. No worries it just means you guys don't get your hopes up while we're just warming up due to our pre-warmed up condition. We'll coming out swinging (:

Ugh, Method is officially out then. ):

The new venue is by a golf course, correct?

nojoes

Smash Ace
good ****. can't wait =D sooo info?

Edit: Cincy may come to this. If we get enough can we have doubles possible crew battles? i'm sur ewe can bring enough set ups to make things run it's a matter if you guys have a place and if you have time constraints. I can help run anything if you guys need help.

EditEdit: You guys live near Dayton. I may be going to U of Dayton next year...Anyone drawing the connection?

nojoes

Smash Ace
Hell yeah it will. What's the Dayton smash population. In Brawl, melee, and both quantities. Wakka update the OP and change the title so people see it's a tournament?

Edit: Wait **** it, I read that wrong. No money tournament!?! T_T Just get a venue, make it, and you'll have all of springfield NE Ohio and cincy?!? This is not complicated.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Melee's nearly non existent. The only person other than myself and my brother who's interested that I know of is Frizzleboy, who has had a hard time getting to smash events. There's maybe 15~20 people total who play Brawl any what competitively, although they're scattered and only a handful are OK. WSU has some people as does SCC. I expect UD has some as well but I haven't met any of them. None are really up to what I've seen in Cinci Cbus and Cleveland, but there are some people who do play.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
AHHHH eep eep eep. Is anyone going through Akron to go to this? PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ pick me up on your way, I'll give you gas moneys.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Melee's nearly non existent. The only person other than myself and my brother who's interested that I know of is Frizzleboy, who has had a hard time getting to smash events.
Frizzleboy?:mad: Come on! Whats that about??? But, seriosly, Dayton, for some reason, has a few decent brawls, digm, and that's about it. One day, I'll be good enough to be something good dayton has but for now....ya:(

Top Bottom