• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Address Change!!!!!Smashfest in Springfield Oh, 28-30th November(Melee, Brawl)

wakka444

Smash Ace
hmmm now that i think about it m2 blew up that place he was created and made quite the fire which means the last character is dk

this will be a dk only smashfest except for my exceptions.... im really starting to get confused on who is still on the list sooooo i wont be naming them

at sin its my house i keep whoever i like making up rules in my place just bc you dont teh firez that my friend is a john and i hearby ban you for it

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Fial Roster v12.293 (for Wakka444's super special awesome extra confusing F ing Smashfest or a tornament maybe? for Brawl/Melee [we havnt decided yet])

Doc
Marth (no sword)
Falco
Young Link
Bowser (He's F***ing Bowser)
Gannon
DK
IC's
Pikachu

G

check it.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Its a half hour drive so I MIGHT be able to show up depending on when my family leaves town for Thanksgiving
btw I haven't had a good game a smash since 06 so don't be surprised by my (hopefully)slight suckishness and whats johnsing??? If that's a melee term, I'd like to know.

wakka444

Smash Ace
lol we can provide you with plenty of good smash=D

John - Johning is a broad term. To "be a john" or "to john" just means to make excuses about how you're playing poorly on a certain day/match/etc. I.e. "Dude, the only reason I'm loosing is because I got two hours of sleep last night and I can barely move my right hand." is an example of being a John, or Johning. No Johns just means no complainers/people who make excuses.
-Squid

Just an excuse for losing or not showing up and we were joking around with it=D

Really hope you can make it and bring friends!!!!!

lou4222

Smash Lord
We should have a crew battle. MHoltz and mines crew vs Wakka Silhoutte and whoever else. We have like definitely five maybe 6. Weve never done a crew battle and this could be a lot of fun. I look forward to this outting. I didnt know smash in springfield existing outside of our group.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
sure a crew battle sounds good (weve got about five), but the real question is melee or brawl? or both because ill mostly be playing melee throughout the night.

we would also need to find a good time when all of us are there because attendence for some of us is going to be choppy throughout the weekend.

Nope

Smash Lord
it would have to be brawl as only Lou and myself ever played Melee and had to teach the rest to play brawl. Even if we can't do it at the smashfest everyone should be back around christmas time and we can get some good stuff going then. I don't really play Melee much anymore anyway and I think it's the same for Lou. Although if you like to play Im sure we can work in some Melee for sure

lou4222

Smash Lord
You know theres always time to fit in some Jiggly puff rest action holtz haha. But yea we are all brawlers for the most part. I cant wait for this. It should be a lot of fun

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Haven't you heard? any characters who have teh firez are banned because we dont want to hear johns. and Jigglypuffs rest has teh firez, so it's not allowed.

Heres the list of allowed characters.

Fial Roster v12.293 (for Wakka444's super special awesome extra confusing F ing Smashfest or a tornament maybe? for Brawl/Melee [we havnt decided yet])

Doc
Marth (no sword)
Falco
Young Link
Bowser (He's F***ing Bowser)
Gannon
DK
IC's
Pikachu

G

check it.

Nope

Smash Lord
Ganons up b has teh firez and pikachus over b has teh firez so we need a new list! (well maybe not but they at least have some fire in the explosions!) actually its kind of sad to think that only 4 characters would be playable by these absurd rules lol

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I haven't had a chance to read all the way through this, will go back through it later. Gotta finish up last minute homeworks && test cram.

Still not sure if I can make it to this. 50-50 right now. I'll have to talk with Nano and Reside.

Actually... Fizzleboy, would it maybe be possible for me to bum a ride off you if you're going? I'll chip in for gas, a'course. There is still a good chance I can get a different ride; I just wanna see what my options are.

I'm totally going to be a ringer if there's going to be crew battles. Unless I can get the rest of my crew('s semi-active members) to go, in which case we'll be needing a ringer >.<

EDIT: Read through thread. Ganon and Bowser can't be allowed because I basically main them both at the same time (Ganon = left hand, Bowser= right hand) and that wouldn't be fair to ya'lls. Also I didn't think Kirby had fire and no one plays him anyways so he should be legal.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I hope you can come paradigm. Its gonna be a lot of fun especially if you are able to bring people from Dayton. We could be looking at getting 15 or so people together. It will be nice to play against some new people instead of playing holtz and the other guys in our crew 500 times. Hopefully we can get a connection between dayton and springfield where we can try and play on a somewhat regular basis.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Actually... Fizzleboy, would it maybe be possible for me to bum a ride off you if you're going? I'll chip in for gas, a'course. There is still a good chance I can get a different ride; I just wanna see what my options are.
I'm not sure if my mom would be game for driving a random college kid 30 minutes to play SSBM (or brawl I guess, to each his own ( ;). Until next year, I am still without a license, so........I could run it by her......I guess........maybe if I meet you at fridays smashfest, it'll seem less random.........probably not gonna happen, but I'll see what I can do.

Nope

Smash Lord
Para you should come for sure! Bring your crew members and whoever else you can from Dayton. When it gets closer to the date everyone should try and post so we can get an actual count on how many should be there. That way we can make sure we have enough setups for everyone to be playing constantly. We will also have PLENTY of housing available in the area if anyone is interested just make sure you let me know ahead of time (not that it matters if you ask when you get here it won't really be a problem either).

Edit: Fizzle just make sure you ask them ahead of time and tell them you will be going with some other kids you know from Dayton. Give her the address and number of where you are staying. Show her the forums and let her see that we plan on playing Smash. These things should help make her a little more confident in letting you come down. We are Legit down here =p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't worry about it Fizzle, I still have a number of options. One of my crew members gave me a maybe, haven't heard back from another and didn't ask the last'un yet.
You can also ask some of the other Dayton guys who'll be there Friday. I know some of them expressed that they might try to go to this, work permitting.

wakka444

Smash Ace
YAY!!!!!! And digm you know i set up those rules just for you>.>
kirbys dash attack is a fireball
and youre coming!!!

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Arg dash attack *shakes fist*

And yes, banning Samus just for me :D

I'm pretty sure I got a ride. Reside and gave a "most likely" and Nano gave me a "I don't see why not." Haven't heard back from our last guy - if he's not up for it we'll pro'lly grab a ringer. I'm so down for Crew Battles. We should bring Smash64 and do a best-of-three-smash-games Crew Battle somehow. That'd be intense.

When exactly is this? Friday through Sunday - three days?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm so down for Crew Battles. We should bring Smash64 and do a best-of-three-smash-games Crew Battle somehow. That'd be intense.
QUOTE]

Man that would be amazing... makes me wish even more that I could go... Just let every crew player get 3 stocks per game.

For example: If your crews have 4 members each, you have 12 stocks total per game. Supposing one crew is 3 stocks ahead at the end of 64, it could give them 3 extra stocks for melee, etc.
Just an idea.

wakka444

Smash Ace
GOGO TEAM AWESOME WOOT WOOT PANDABEAR
-translation-dayton's goin down>.>
And we have a 64 smash setup=D

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Make sure someone yells at me before the 'fest to make sure I bring a N64 controller or two.

Also confirmation on exact dates/times? Half my crew's attendance is tentative depending on those details. I think one guy can only go on Friday and another can't go on Friday. Ugh.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ah, all right. I wouldn't know, haven't done a crew battle before. I thought they were 3 stocks each.

MeThOd

Smash Rookie
I will probably be able to make it with my crew. It depends on the final schedule. I'm paradigm's last crew guy who would probably be able to make it only Friday. Maybe longer depending on if I can call off work for Saturday or not.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Friday night and Saturday and Sunday my house will always be open even when I'm at work, someone from my crew will be there keeping an eye on you kids so be good=P

Glad to have you and the crew Method.

Everyone be sure to review our smash rules there are some slight changes to MLG's rules.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Aww sweet Method makes number four. This will be the first time in, what, years I think since all of SODA smashed at once. SODA is back, baby! Also gg to any other crew ya'll had your runs.

Also where is LKP's rules posted? I didn't see them. Unless you mean the fiah johns, in which case that's incomplete 'cuz you didn't mention what happens if the timer runs out and both people have the same stocks and damage left. I don't want that to happen and have ya'll johning because we didn't meantion before hand that by default I win if that situation accures (See Geneva Convention Article 4 Section 12)

wakka444

Smash Ace
ill get sil on the final rule set now =D hes really good at it and the true magic lkp rule list convention council has been working on these for like 9 days so theyre pretty solid rules thatll blow your mind!!!

Paradigm ive read into your article and you've not taken into account under the Jefferson's Declaration 1626 Article 1 Clause 1-My house.

Nope

Smash Lord
I'm so excited for this now! we for sure have 5-6 of us coming and I have my 64 sitting here in working condition if we do end up playing that as well.

Legan

Smash Lord
Unless the tourney had 40+ people Im saying it wouldnt be worth the 6 hour + drive. I wasnt wrong about the turnout D:. Im sure you guys will have an awesome tourney though.

Top Bottom