• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Well melee singles should be interesting if carl doesn't participate. Mike Wong for first in all events?

Frio

Smash Champion
Guys, they have a time table. It's in the first post >_>.

Also Nude ZSS hack. Yes or no?

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
In all the tourneys I've been to so far, the tourney vs friendly balance has stayed consistent. When a new bracket starts or pools are ongoing, most if not all of the TVs will be used for tournies. As people start getting knocked out however, the number of TVs needed to keep the tourney going shrinks consistently. By the end, only one TV is being used for losers/grand finals, every other tv in the place is running friendlies unless it's some really pro matchup where everyone's watching, like Mango vs Armada at Genesis.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Well melee singles should be interesting if carl doesn't participate. Mike Wong for first in all events?
Who the **** is Mike Wong.

Guys, they have a time table. It's in the first post >_>.

Also Nude ZSS hack. Yes or no?
If it's as poor quality as that falcon hack, it's not even worth it.

yes

Daltsy/Dynamism for melee 1st

It'll come down to BC vs BC for sure. Carl or no carl, gg no re marthberta
lol yeah right, we got people who can beat you /trashtalk.

But seriously, who's coming from B.C. Because I'll be honest, it's not you I'm concerned about, it's pretty much just dieslow, and some guys who usually post a bunch in threads like these when they're interested (Adam, Eric, etc.) But they havn't so I'm assuming they're not coming. =[

In all the tourneys I've been to so far, the tourney vs friendly balance has stayed consistent. When a new bracket starts or pools are ongoing, most if not all of the TVs will be used for tournies. As people start getting knocked out however, the number of TVs needed to keep the tourney going shrinks consistently. By the end, only one TV is being used for losers/grand finals, every other tv in the place is running friendlies unless it's some really pro matchup where everyone's watching, like Mango vs Armada at Genesis.
Except nobody in canada likes to watch finals for some reason? (seriously wtf is with that guys, I remember ADAT1 finals with me and Dan, nobody gave a ****, it was literally just me and Dan watching. Then again it was brawl)(but seriously, the only tournament I've ever been to where more than a couple people watched finals or a huge match, was Cast4, and it was still only a third of the people, cause red deer and sask were being noobs, OH and AME, but thats cause there was nothing else to do.)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Sorry that I haven't been able to answer posts, I haven't been on.

Brad is right about pretty much everything he said. You guys need to wake up and read the OP, it has all the info for everything, so don't come saying "time table please" or "why is Melee on Friday" (especially 4 days from the tourney...)

Carl, we're probably doing Melee Doubles from 2 - 4 / 4:30, but we are doing pools THEN singles after that. Your best case scenario is having to foreit all your pools and having a tougher bracket, and if you miss singles altogether...I can't be blamed, the thread and time table's been up for 2 months.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Yeah don't worry, if it really matters to him, he'll get out of work, we all know he will.

Considering he'll probably make more from melee singles than he will from working that time.

Oh noes a tough bracket for carl? THE HEAVENS FORBID

edit: You know being the responsible host you are, you also took the time to make sure your timetable was correct and showing for those who had mentioned it. And dear god, what did you find? The poor thing doesn't work anymore.

So you went out of your way to re-type the schedual for everyone in both the first post and a new post, right after Brad's.

What good hosts you are, so attentive too.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'm not even on my computer right now. -_- There's nothing I can do right now.

Besides, it's just the is servers hiccupping, if they don't work tomorrow, then I'll type it out again.

As of now, day 1 should be 2-4:30 ish for doubles, then singles and pools until 7:30 or so, hour break for food, then the rest of the night is friendlies / low tier / MMs / crews.

Day 2, I don't remember the starting time but I think it's 12-2:30 doubles, then singles and pools until 6, then an hour break for food, then the rest of the night is friendlies / low tier / MMs / crews.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Break after all the events is just hilarious FYI, because it's free time, you're breaking from nothing.

Also, I'm assuming you never tried to call in and get the place earlier on friday? whatever we'll just stay late.

Also, you've never really been on your actual comp lol, call Luke and tell him to get off his ***, or get on your comp and do it, come on I'm doing more ork than you guys already. fo' srs.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Break after all the events is just hilarious FYI, because it's free time, you're breaking from nothing.

Also, I'm assuming you never tried to call in and get the place earlier on friday? whatever we'll just stay late.

Also, you've never really been on your actual comp lol, call Luke and tell him to get off his ***, or get on your comp and do it, come on I'm doing more ork than you guys already. fo' srs.
My computer doesn't work, but I'll try to get on it tomorrow.

The break is needed cause people need to eat.

Also, Luke already said earlier...the city is doing a mandatory inspection that morning, we tried getting them to reschedule it but they refuse.

And calm down, Luke is busy, our lives don't revolve around sitting in front of a computer 24/7 to please people, we have lives too.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I hate idiots who post like this

the topic is somewhat different so I'll post it on a new line

oh wait this is just a new sentence

wtf am I thinking

I can't even read my own post

it's difficult to read when formatted so that my **** will fit between every sentence

lololololololololololol

wait for it

lollololololololololololol

lololololololololololololjk

edit: seriously did you have the patience

to read all of that.

my piss is boiling atm

Snake6523

Smash Ace
My computer doesn't work, but I'll try to get on it tomorrow.

The break is needed cause people need to eat.

Also, Luke already said earlier...the city is doing a mandatory inspection that morning, we tried getting them to reschedule it but they refuse.

And calm down, Luke is busy, our lives don't revolve around sitting in front of a computer 24/7 to please people, we have lives too.
Just would be nice if you told us this ****, every once in a while, I told you that before.

Also I know people need to eat, but why is there a "break" when you're breaking from nothing, at that point there is nothing left... You're breaking from a break to break.

I hate idiots who post like this

the topic is somewhat different so I'll post it on a new line

oh wait this is just a new sentence

wtf am I thinking

I can't even read my own post

it's difficult to read when formatted so that my **** will fit between every sentence

lololololololololololol

wait for it

lollololololololololololol

lololololololololololololjk

edit: seriously did you have the patience

to read all of that.

my piss is boiling atm
Protip: It's so that people actually read it, because a brick of text is about as appealing as a brick.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather read two or three small paragraphs than either one **** brick or a thousand banana ****s. just saying.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wtf Carl. Timetable been up for some time now. Victor brought up a really good point yesterday that I haven't really thought about. Since we have the hall from whenever till whenever on saturday, we could finish anything we'd like in the morning of that day (like lets say melee singles?) And just have pools and whatnot day one. I mean there probably is enough time to do everything day one, but I don't think this should be out of the question. Also I think an earlier start time for saturday should be considered anyways, because brawl pools might be the most time consuming thing on earth.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
no worrys bc im def seting up a melee setup on sat i have enough any way and would love to have friendlies for a day our this might turn into genisis and brawl get booed off every tv QQ

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Cherry do you have a ride into edmonton to the venue? Cause if the problem is you have no ride to housing then I'll let you sleep at my place.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Wtf Carl. Timetable been up for some time now. Victor brought up a really good point yesterday that I haven't really thought about. Since we have the hall from whenever till whenever on saturday, we could finish anything we'd like in the morning of that day (like lets say melee singles?) And just have pools and whatnot day one. I mean there probably is enough time to do everything day one, but I don't think this should be out of the question. Also I think an earlier start time for saturday should be considered anyways, because brawl pools might be the most time consuming thing on earth.
Few concerns...

1) The timetable isn't working. It was a few days ago but today when I checked (multiple times) it didn't work.

2) Is there ANY way to delay singles of melee starting?

3) If you make melee singles carry over, it might take longer than you want. People will want to warm up, etc. etc.

4) Till what time is the hall open till on Friday?

Snake6523

Smash Ace
I can gaurantee brawl pools will take 7 years. But I'm glad you're thinking this way, don't plan for it though.

It's called posting like mango *******

But you forgot to leave the little smiley face at the end

From BC it's like, people who pwn

Dieslow probs won't come but we'll see

=D
Very informative.

Few concerns...

1) The timetable isn't working. It was a few days ago but today when I checked (multiple times) it didn't work.

2) Is there ANY way to delay singles of melee starting?

3) If you make melee singles carry over, it might take longer than you want. People will want to warm up, etc. etc.

4) Till what time is the hall open till on Friday?
Remember when I said Luke and Tyler and terrible like that? Yeah it's not working, and it won't.

BUT GOOD NEWS, the one there that isn't working, is wrong anwyays. Because it was made before we found out we can't get in till one on friday.

No, I don't think theres a way to "delay" singles, thats just basically asking them to work a tournament around because of one persons needs (I realize a few people need it but yeah, the point stands) BUT that being said, Singles will actually start pretty like, because I don't expect doubles to start till at least 2 (except I can gaurantee people still won't have shown up by then) and then you have to give time for that to play out, which I can see at least 4, but probably more like 5. Then Singles gets kinda started, wouldn't actually get going till 6, and thats still only pools. If you call/ask/somehow inform Luke and Tyler, I'm sure they'd be willing to enter you pre-emptively, you'd just forfeit the pools you missed. And you'd ahve to show up by the time the brackets start. (forfeiting pools isn't the worst thing, especially if you're good, because then you have an easier bracket after match 1 anyways)

Yeah I'm telling them not to plan for it, I'd rather play till 1 am than carry over. but thats me.

And I don't know the hall time, but last ADAT we played till past midnight, so I think it's okay.

edit: Doesn't Brinstar Lag in doubles?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
We have the hall till whenever basically, but I know people don't particularly like staying up till 2am playing a doubles tournament >_>.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Come on luke, that was some incredibly hardcore doubles, two scrubs (me and John) going up against Dan and Carl and actually taking a set and coming close?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Cherry do you have a ride into edmonton to the venue? Cause if the problem is you have no ride to housing then I'll let you sleep at my place.
I might take you up on that O__o
It would be hell of a lot easier for me if I just stayed at your place Friday night

And Will just needs a way to get to here from Banff :urg:
He had one, but then things took a turn for the worst

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Connors, the main difference is that Sean and Brent are actually close to (and IMO better than David in teams, but only teams)

Whereas me and John at the time were nowhere near dan and carl.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
dmk we will be coming late like u wanted cause zacs family is haveing a base ball thing with free food that i wanna go to lol sorry brad now we cant try on cloths together :(

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Calgary, you guys are staying at my house on thursday correct?
if so can you drive pkmvodka to the venue on friday?
it's very unlikely I'm getting out of work in time

FalseFalco

Smash Master
pkmvodka needs a ride to the tournament venue on friday since I will most likely be working.
If anyone is driving to the tournament from either the east or the southeast or is willing to help an out of province smasher get to the venue please let me know so we can make this happen.

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom