• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@Dcold: Beat Yoss again lol. Also beat 8bitman and few others that aren't really worth mentioning. Just gotta topple the big hurdles. I lost to Nick Riddle rather solid in game 1 but in Game 2 I was playing excellent all the way up to getting hit by a Dsmash into a Halberd laser. If that happens, you die. If Nick Riddle is right, no amount of SDI can save you, and I certainly tried. Lost my composure after that and lost. Against Mampam, I was gonna win game 3 and then I west coasted on my DI because I thought I was gonna get grab released off the ledge and he threw me instead. Sad me lol.

Just keep reaching at tourneys man. I think you're at the point where you need to break through a glass ceiling. Inconsistency happens but it sounds like you are at the point where you are getting more frustrated with what you are doing instead of what the opponent is doing. If that's the case, keep pushing, you just gotta breakout. I think I'm at that point again since I'm struggling against the big fish here in FL but I KNOW I can beat them. Just a matter of doing it.

@Teneban: I'll check out the training method once I can free myself up some more time. Work and school have been thrashing me lol. It'll be fun to see some vids of you when they finally come.

@Tristan: Breaks are always nice and you are completely right on reevaluating habits and such. I make sure to check everything I'm doing once I'm done playing or going through a nice practice session with my region. I'm always afraid everyone here in FL will know everything I do so I have to try to keep reinventing my gameplay.

The way I practice against cpu's is putting their handicap to 9 and making it a goal to 3 stock them. Basically by doing this you learn how to not get hit, because getting hit almost always gets you killed. Luckily for us Sheik sucks after she gets hit so getting OHKO'd by anything at 0% still applies to real life situations where u just get landing trapped from 0-death.

Unfortunately cpu's are stupid and can't apply the high level pressure that gets you hit in real matches, so you can practice being offensively safe against them, but your defensive game isn't really gonna improve all the much. And sine being offensive in brawl is already unsafe... its kind of useless.

This was suggested to me by fino and it was really helpful in that the people I could already beat i was able to beat more soundly, but against people who were already beating me... not much changed lmao. So I guess since consistency is what you consider your main problem, it will probably help a lot.

Also@Ed don't hate Zss, she sucks. Hate sheik for being terrible.:denzel:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hmm, I tried something similar, by starting the match by SDing 2 times. But I think you should not try to do things if it shortens the match when training. The longer the match, the more situations you have to deal with and the better you train.
As for handicap itself, I think it's a pretty bad idea. Cause y'know, DI is a thing and stuff, I heard.

@Teneban: I'll check out the training method once I can free myself up some more time. Work and school have been thrashing me lol. It'll be fun to see some vids of you when they finally come.
I'm hosting a smashfest in 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll throw a couple bucks at my guests and we'll have a little tourney and upload some matches.
But for now... Fun is the right word to describe my Sheik xD

The idea is that it teaches you to play as safe as possible.

obviously playing against cpus no matter what you do isn't the same as legitimate practice vs people who know what the are doing, but sheik is in this terrible situation where getting hit means a lot more than her hitting someone.

D

Deleted member 189823

Err, hey.
I drop by here because I am genuinely interested in learning to play Sheik well, and to say that I've posted two videos at the video thread for critique, and I'd like to get it critiqued by someone who knows about him. You know, if it isn't too much asking.

Dcold

Smash Lord
It's the playoffs m8 :<

I'm trying to get videos up atm also, waiting for the replay thread to record them since i can't atm. I can critique your vids a little later Swei

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So, I went to my first tournament in years this Saturday and got 9th... Sadly there was only 15 people so that doesn't really say anything. While there I learned that 2 of the OoS Kansas players have solid pocket Ice climbers and meta knights.... Overall I feel like my performance was lackluster, I could go into detail but Johns are Johns.

edit: Oh and I didn't lose to these two Kansas players I lost to a Peach and most regrettably a Sonic.

What is cool though is there was a damn good Zelda main there by name of Fujin and I got to team up with him for doubles.
Our team name was "Sheilda should not be 3 places ahead of sheik on the tier list" ~his idea.
Anyways we somehow got third and got our money back for joining :3

Dcold

Smash Lord
Fujin, now that I speak his name he'll probably come here and tell me to shut the **** up.

I'm picking up ICs for the ditto btw, and will probably use them for the rare Pikachu, but would most likely go Sheik game 1 to gauge if I need to switch. ICs would be straight ditto though, lmao.

Any replays? We need more :[

just learn the MU as MK, and then learn the Mk ditto, and then use MK for every set.

Cause if you ICs ditto people, once you start beating people, they'll just double blind into MK and bop your ICs ditto only climbers. But if you learn MK, not only do you now have a winning MU vs that character, you have a winning MU against the entire cast, the complete opposite of sheik's Mu spread.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm just gonna play Sheik like a grappler and treat her ftilt like a command grab that doesn't beat blocking and see where it gets me.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I know, but it's lame because it's something I could have gotten out of the way days ago if my teacher let us know. Now it HAS to be an all-day thing tomorrow, when it could have been an all day thing during the week. :l

TreK

Is "that guy"
No smashfest today, nobody was able to bring TVs so I had to postpone it. My sheik is unpleased and thirsty for actual fights :(

PawnStar

Smash Rookie
My friends and I were going to do a small tournament in Provo on Friday night, but then only 5 people were there so we scrapped the tournament and played a lot of friendlies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My friends and I were going to do a small tournament in Provo on Friday night, but then only 5 people were there so we scrapped the tournament and played a lot of friendlies.
Have we met before? We should smash this weekend!

PawnStar

Smash Rookie
I went to this thing on March 16th, so perhaps we met there. Haven't been to any other tournaments besides a few BYU and club-organized tournaments.

I wouldn't be able to smash this weekend, I'm going to OpenWest and have other family obligations, but I'd be open to smashing at some point. Perhaps send me a PM?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Just got back from a deployment a week ago and figured I might as well get back into smash for a bit. So yay, I'm back to play Sheik. Also I see Tristan is back.

:happysheep: <can anyone tell me wtf this is?

http://dailynightly.nbcnews.com/_ne...tes-families-with-sailors-returning-home?lite
You don't see me but I was in whites on the rails when she pulled into San Diego.
^that is how the Navy is treating me.
Bipolar Mello Yello. Hell King aka HK aka Hello Kitty. Spammy complainer Sky. A crystal velox. Rosetta stone memory. Book of legacy. That chaos of mirages.

Top Bottom