• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

sheikamaru

jive
Gonna try really hard to make it to genesis.

Got 13th out of 30 at a tournament yesterday was pretty fun.

I still have a few things to fix with my sheik. My gameplay is legit but as I said I tend to choke when it comes down to the wire.. I might have a vid coming soon of one of my matches

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Gonna try really hard to make it to genesis.

Got 13th out of 30 at a tournament yesterday was pretty fun.

I still have a few things to fix with my sheik. My gameplay is legit but as I said I tend to choke when it comes down to the wire.. I might have a vid coming soon of one of my matches
You need to keep composure Killik! Just relax, and be focused on doing your best and nothing else. You got this next time bro!

Dcold

Smash Lord
^ This really, I have the same problem sometimes if I get frustrated (mostly because I play wifi, I don't have to keep my composure in my room for fear of embarrassment). Just gotta calm down and don't let anything stop your gameplay. I choke a lot in tournies too, but only after it goes down towards the later hours.

Like Orion said (paraphrasing), tournaments are also a test of endurance.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hi, I just picked up Sheik. The few tutorials I've seen about the DACUS mainly describe the technique where you turn L or R to attack, but it involves turning off tap jumping, which is not really part of my plans. Is there a good tutorial for the claw technique ? I've managed to get an average of 3 out of 10 after 2 days of training mode, which is unsatisfactory to say the least.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say there's any real tutorial, if you can get it once, you can get it twice, and so on. Just need to get a feel for the timing. For me, either way with R as attack or using default control, I can feel whether or not my input should result in a DACUS. Just keep practicing.

7/32 yesterday

went all sheik except my round 1 losers, and game 2 vs Spartakick when I got near 3 stocked game 1

In pools I got 2nd seed losing to Zero :metaknight: and beating Wuvs :yoshi2: and Legit :gw:

In bracket I lost round 1 to Ksev :snake:
and then in losers I beat xatic :wolf: :peach: :yoshi2: with my :metaknight: then went back to sheik cause my MK sucks
fZk :diddy:
MX :yoshi2: :luigi: :metaknight:
Ori_bro :olimar:

My pool was livestreamed but due to issues with the stream it looks as if me vs zero was corrupted so ill give a general summary instead.

Game I i got JV 2 stocked. Game 2 I got straight 2 stocked my only kill being zero not knowing that we retain invincibility upon transforming after death.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Lost to Minty in the first round, seriously I play him every tournament and it's annoying because he lived really close to me, so I'd play him often. :l
Then I beat Bluez, an MK main, he's decent
Then I lost to Keitaro, first game was close, 2nd game he clearly won but it was still last stock. No idea what place I got, but couldn't have been good lolol.

They had an amateur bracket for people who went 0-2/1-2, and I got 2nd and won $10. Lost to Doom twice, beat only good win was Nuke, who's a decent Diddy.

All in all I can't be mad with how I did, didn't lose to anyone I shouldn't have, maybe I could have beaten Doom if I could hit my grab releases, but he just outplayed me.

Dcold

Smash Lord
No vids, barely any of the wiis were hacked I believe, and I didn't have my SD card to save replays to anyway (My brawl disc stopped working a couple of days ago, so I now load it through a USB, meaning no hacks for the time being). I can't record anymore anyway, but I'll try and get replays next time and send them through some file hosting site.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hey everyone, mind if a shadow of the pass take refuge in this forum once more? I'm finally capable of playing smash again and boy did I ever miss it. Now that I'm playing again I've discovered that I'm actually bad at this game now and I need a lot of help ^-^; So don't be surprise if you see me asking some stupid questions because I've forgotten some of the basics when it comes to using Sheik, or a lot of questions about match ups.

Something I just notice though was that my timing for the Ftilt is GONE, like without a trace. I can Dacus better then doing long chain of Ftilts >.>'

...So I present everyone a challenge, a very simple but informative challenge :3

Go to training mode and set a match up on FD against Fox. Set Fox to 'Control', put his damage to 30%, turn 'Help' on and begin to Ftilt him. Try to see what your highest record of "Consecutive hits"

Once you think you got the highest possible number you can achieve set the 'Speed' to '1/4' and try again.... Oh and yes, you can link the 1st Ftilt into the 2nd the timing is just harsh

No cheating now :3

Disclaimer: Training mode is stupid! There's no decay, attacks aren't as strong as the normal 'Fresh" attacks in vs modes and the 'Consecutive Hits' counter isn't always guaranteed. I also don't think there's buffing ~shrugs~ So obviously don't use training mode for training but DO use it for this challenge.

Edit: To make things more clear that what I'm asking is Ftilt hits not %

Dcold

Smash Lord
TRISTANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HOW HAVE YOU BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Will try that now since I'm bored, anyone else got any other duh things that I should probably already know, but I'm stupid and overlook. One thing I re-realized was, DA isn't safe on hit at low %s.

I feel silly, it's just 80% since the decay isn't in effect, it's pretty much 80 no matter what, regular to slowmo to regular still didn't mess up yoloyoloswagswag.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm going to make this sound epic.

I travel the land, went from farthest corners of the country...From Virginia the place I started my quest to the deep burning south of Texas, to the muggy swamps of Mississippi, to the windy north...of TEXAS and now finally to the corn infested land called Omaha Nebraska. Here Ive stated for almost a year now training and fallen in love...Falling in love with a woman who lived far away.... We visit one another, we were joyfully, we talk nonstop to one another, we visited each other again and again, we where glorious, I propose, she accepted, things were good, ...she fell out of love, she return the ring, I sighed... and then smiled.

Because my training is almost complete and I can play smash again.

edit: oh and the objective is to see how many times you can hit fox not the % you can reach.
edit2: I misspelled 'propose' >.<

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I should be asleep but I'm enjoying reread this thread too much. On page 58 I start posting frame stuff and spacing like how a perfectly space dtilt can't be shield grab by D3 full power shield, Ooh the little things I've forget with time.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So the other day on wifi I pulled off one of savior combo. I hit someone almost at point blink range with a full needle storm and with them DI'ing toward me they pushed us both off he stage which allow me to footstool them.

I miss that guy, I wonder how the Navy treating him.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Indeed, oh in other news I did a little decay research aim toward Ftilt into usmash combo

After looking at this data we can see that after 5 Ftilts back to back if our opponents(kirby mk, fox, pikachu) is within a killing percentage we can combo into kill. Started at exactly 30% 4 ftilts will raise them to 48% So within the next 4 attacks we have to cover 42% of damage so we can get that combo. What we also learn is that doing another Ftilt improves are chances. We can also assume that if we only manage to do 3 ftilts in the 'lock' then as long as we hit them with a ftilt 1-3 moves before the final ftilt into usmash we can get this combo.

Edit: It should be know that this theory could most likely be applied to other characters, this is just a model.

edit2: *******, I can still improve the meta game.

edit3: Assuming everyone is the same (LOL) then maybe 0.74 is the magic number. These are the highest % that will work within 0.74 decay.
84% Jiggly
88% Squirtle Game and Watch
90% Kirby Meta knight Pikachu Fox
91% Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Falco
94% Sheik, Zelda Marth
96% Peach
97% Toon Link, Ice climbers, Diddy Kong
98% Ness, Lucas, Pit, Sonic
100% Luigi, Mario, Ivysaur, Lucario
103% Wolf Capatin Falcon, Link, Ike Rob
105% Yoshi Wario Samus Ganodorf
108% Charizard De3 Snake
109% Donkey Kong
113% Bowser
On another note I think m squirtle and game and watch data need to be rerecorded. I'll check that once I get home.

Does anyone know the Killing % with Di on these characters for usmash?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
This is pretty awesome. I find myself using all the ftilt stuff you made in the past and still use it lol.

Placed 9th out of 47 the other day.

Lost to RedHalberd and Seibrik, both mk. Bleh lol.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Please tell me you have videos. I'd say I'm actually pretty good at the MK mu, and I find it the most fun. Don't know if you're a fan of the MU, but I pretty much seek out to fight MKs. Just annoying when the MK is really aggro, because you have to kind of match that intensity, and I ain't about that life most of the time. MK is fun to fight :]]

Also I've started using Red Sheik, I am enjoying it Ed :]]

Also, thank you for that Tristan, that's really useful to know, I often find myself using ftilt as a read and use it regardless of the "lock" or not, I also need to use jab more, anyone got any insight to good jab mixups besides the jab-jab-grab/nair?

Also started using uptilt as a space maker, especially if I'm facing the wrong way and someone is behind me, the hitbox behind almost always puts them in a position to be hit by a bair, I've found it usually works up until like 40~%? Haven't tried it much more after that. Does a good amount of damage and a better way to keep stage control rather than rolling or running away.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Nope, didn't save anything.

The problems I ran into were that the MKs knew me so well. For Seibrik I ended up going Zelda for a while since I wasn't fairing too well; Zelda did work but wasn't enough lol. That and I've still been dropping GR->DACUS even though I do have DACUS back.

Enjoy the power of RED!!!!

Top Bottom