• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
anybody have fun codes and can somone convert the moveswap code so it is 1.2 I really wonna actually *FIGHT* with sandbag and make sandbag combo video 2!!!!

this time he will be eitherr giga bowser orrrrr captain falcon since BOTH are overpowered

netsurfer

Smash Rookie
The hacker for v1.2 is gone from the arcentral.net forums. Which is the main source of all SSBM AR codes.

But just be patient, eventually someone will make the code.

-- BWT, I can use v1.0 and v1.2 codes, on the same game. Is this a glitch?

The disc is -006. V1.6?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Is Action Replay the only way to access the debug menu and enter codes and whatnot? I'm thinking of buying a Gamecube mod-chip to run homebrew code, but I also want to get into this Action Replay stuff with Melee. So I'm hoping I can hit two birds with one stone.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Rusty Shacklefurd said:
As a general rule, any letter that can be mistaken for a number never appears in any codes. If it looks like any I, it's a 1, O is a Zero, and S is a 5.
Wait, no. There are never zeroes in the codes. I've tried entering zeroes in the codes and the code doesnt work. But then I change all the zeroes to "O"'s and then the code works.

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if with action replay you can customize your characters gear online with brawl?

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
whats the 1.2 code for moveswap?can some kind hacker please shine some light on the situation?

primusfan

Smash Ace
I got a question. Its for Super Mario Sunshine. Not for Melee. It involves using an AR code called X/Y/Z mod and it can be found on AR Central. I entered the 40-line code and now i'm extremely pissed because it didnt even work. DATA IS INVALID. I looked over it and everything seemed fine. I tried using zeroes and "O"s and it still didnt work. If anyone knows anything, please help!

netsurfer

Smash Rookie
Check it carefully.

Use CTRL+F, to find out if it's a zero, or an 'O'.

Get a keyboard for GC.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Can somebody make a guide to debug mode? I know how to fight and stuff but I've heard you can like have infinite jumps and cool stuff like that but don't know where to do that. Help appriciated.

Skooled

Smash Apprentice
just bought one of these for $16 at a Toys R Us, got a question.....

I saw in a SSBM movie the guy had the debug menu out as he was playing on a level...the only debug menu i can get will only let me set up the character/stage etc.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
I found a code on arcentral for making ice top and dummy not freeze the game when selected

Heres the code somone give me resualts
"Dummy" and "IceTop" playable (version 1.2)(wparam)
Y07T-75KH-UX3X4
FKNZ-39HF-7XCTP
K22D-EC8A-YWETG
N3E9-E0YT-ARXBP

Mushroom kingdom and hyrule maze adventure stages don't crash
when melee matches are played on them: (wparam)
C7RG-4PEZ-R29DR
F6QQ-VYMN-XDMPN
D75D-B1CF-RMBBK
PKYW-K27R-7BQC5

Trophy get stage doesn't crash the game when melee matches
are played on them (wparam)
2Y7R-K16R-DU9VV
WW87-EXP7-0KJDG

note:the codes other then dummy and icetop dont freeze the game are just for battling in adventure and trophy get(my favorite stage).U can test them too ^_^

primusfan

Smash Ace
Lishy, what exactly is the DUMMY level. I read that it would freeze the game so I never even tried to play it. What exactly is the level?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Lishy said:
I found a code on arcentral for making ice top and dummy not freeze the game when selected

Heres the code somone give me resualts
"Dummy" and "IceTop" playable (version 1.2)(wparam)
Y07T-75KH-UX3X4
FKNZ-39HF-7XCTP
K22D-EC8A-YWETG
N3E9-E0YT-ARXBP

Mushroom kingdom and hyrule maze adventure stages don't crash
when melee matches are played on them: (wparam)
C7RG-4PEZ-R29DR
F6QQ-VYMN-XDMPN
D75D-B1CF-RMBBK
PKYW-K27R-7BQC5

Trophy get stage doesn't crash the game when melee matches
are played on them (wparam)
2Y7R-K16R-DU9VV
WW87-EXP7-0KJDG

note:the codes other then dummy and icetop dont freeze the game are just for battling in adventure and trophy get(my favorite stage).U can test them too ^_^
it seems that icetop is the same as ice mountian

and you should of posted a 1.0 code

v1.0 NoCrash Kinoko Meikyu (tested, works) (wParam)
GQFU-CFZ9-CW2M2
Q1E6-WBP6-XFEEN
WAQD-BCWM-8Y5V4
DGQQ-TZ3R-AYWBJ

Liku

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get the "Enlarge" codes to work, but they don't want to cooperate. I'm using version 1.0 and I used GCNcrypt to encrypt the codes, the AR doesn't say that they're for another game either. The codes just don't seem to work. Any possible problems? I'm trying to get Link's sword "Big Goron" sized, and Marth's sword long; so I 'd know I'd see the changes, but there aren't any.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Jay007 - of Arcentral.net forums said:
When I enter a code it says "Data is Invalid"

This is simply down to user error. The code was entered incorrectly into the AR, so the code wont be accepted. Check for errors and correct them, this is the ONLY way to fix this problem.

When I enter a code it says "Code is for a different game!"

3 problems can cause this error, make sure none of them apply.

1. The code you are using is not for your version or region of the game.
2. The code was encrypted with an incorrect region verifier
3. In some rare cases when encrypting a code, the same verifier maybe used causing this error.

My Action Replay isn't saving my codes!

Again there are afew reasons for this, it could be anyone of them, or none of them, the Action Replay memory cards can do some odd things at times, if in real doubt contact Codejunkies.

1. Your AR card is faulty and requires you to exchange it
2. Check to see if the Auto Update feature is enabled.
3. Your AR card may have become corrupt. Try resetting the hardware (you will lose all manually entered codes).

There are too many digits/letters to fit into the AR!

This code is decrypted, ask in this thread, and we will encrypt it.

GCNCrypt

How do I find out a games ID?

Copy any existing encrypted code into the left hand panel, and hit decrypt. The game ID and region will be set automatically.

How do I encrypt a code?

Set the correct game ID, and region (see above if you dont know how) paste the decrypted code into the left hand panel, and hit encrypt.

The top line keeps changing, aliens are here!

The top line is the verifier, this is NORMAL.
this should hellp out

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Hey did you guys talk about the Move Swap Code yet? I've used this code a couple of times but it freezes most of the time. Is there a perfected code or something like that?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Iamthemovie said:
Hey did you guys talk about the Move Swap Code yet? I've used this code a couple of times but it freezes most of the time. Is there a perfected code or something like that?
no, some combinations simply don't work because that charater is missthey that item/ miovement

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
is there a v1.2 sword side modifyer for people's swords ?

lol I saw ina video were young link had a sword that looked simaler to eliwood's durendel and the sword was a bigger deku sword by alot

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
On an unrelated note, a code to bypass the winner's screen as it does in Stamina Mode would be an excellent fix for people who want to play as the NPCs without the "Mask everyone as Mario" code.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Numbuh 214 said:
On an unrelated note, a code to bypass the winner's screen as it does in Stamina Mode would be an excellent fix for people who want to play as the NPCs without the "Mask everyone as Mario" code.
Yeah, that would be great. I can't remember the last time I saw the other characters icons.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
does debug mode stay on your memory if you dont use AR the second tme around?

there are many things to seriously challenge your skillz. try jiggz' BTT with every charecter.

Also, how do you do team HRC?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
AR doesn't permanantly change the data on the disk, or the memory card (unles it saves)

debug mode uses a part memory that the memory card doesn't save.

there is talk about hacking your memory card, so it mods the memory or something like that, but i haven't seen it

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Liku said:
I'm trying to get the "Enlarge" codes to work, but they don't want to cooperate. I'm using version 1.0 and I used GCNcrypt to encrypt the codes, the AR doesn't say that they're for another game either. The codes just don't seem to work. Any possible problems? I'm trying to get Link's sword "Big Goron" sized, and Marth's sword long; so I 'd know I'd see the changes, but there aren't any.
There's two codes that you need for individual segment size mod codes, there's the code that asigns the object that you're enlarging, ie.

Marth's Sword 10x Scale P1 V1.0
QG0N-6M7T-6Q6W7
Z308-8YZ1-NT5FK
ZV3G-XYYN-FH84Z
ZMHJ-6XUD-F8RY0

Then there's the code that enables the command.

Must be on (Scale Mod)
F0EH-DDC3-ZMEBQ
Z7KR-EXQE-6CBRX
FXFB-PQC2-MCT7W
XPQZ-4057-DBWT5
12A7-8FJP-K8UTE
HZH9-QT53-KYP6R

If you don't have that second code activated, then the scale mod codes don't do anything.

Top Bottom