• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
ok, so i got an AR and ive figured most of it out... at least some of it =/

i was just wondering what people use AR for? ive taken a look at some hit boxes and counted frames on some moves. checked to see when you are invincible and when u r not during certain moves. but really... why did i pay $30 for this thing?

do most people just use debug mode and look at frames? is there anything im missing? i dunno... AR is cool, but it seems like few people have it and even fewer talk about it.

so lets here somethin cool...

EDIT: Flamestar666's Q&A Post:

ey everyone, I wanted to make a Q&A for Debug Mode because if you are like me.... you don't like FAQs pages that much.
Wait, isn't this a sort of FAQs page?
So yeah, for those who do not know what Action Replay.... A.K.A., AR is a cheating device
(YAY!) that allows you to... well... cheat... and goes for around $30(us)
But in smash it serves a greater purpose... DEBUG MODE! The lazy makers of this game just left it in there(haha, kidding)... Anyways, Debug mode is a mode that was for the devlopers so
they could test stuff without playing the whole game(maybe if they play the whole game, we wouldn't have 3 version in the US, huh?).
Well, you can do some fun stuff with debug mode... Some good, some bad, some just plain weird...

Some good things would be:
Play as Giga Bowser, get hidden trophies, and play on the homerun Contest level and target test levels....

Now some bad things:
Freeze the game(not too bad), erase your SSBM data, or reformat your memory card(very bad... all data on that card would go poof).

And let us not forget the Weird:
Play as giga bowser on FD while he is 500% bigger, make yourself super duper stong while 20% your normal size, and alot more... alot...

Anywhos....

If you need some AR codes, try going here!
http://arcentral.net/ssbm/SSBM.html
or
V 1.0
http://www.gscentral.com/codes.pl?d...us&game=ssbmv10
V 1.1
http://www.gscentral.com/codes.pl?d...us&game=ssbmv11
V 1.2
http://www.gscentral.com/codes.pl?d...us&game=ssbmv12
PAL
http://www.gscentral.com/codes.pl?d...uk&game=ssbmpal

i will be here to answer your AR needs....

i will now un-load my knowledge...

Stamina Mode/Status Modifier for Debug Menu Help
The way this code works is you go to "VERSUS MODE-" in the debug menu, and then go to "-RULE". there, "VIBRATION SELECT-" will become -FLAGS... you can change the status of

a charater. you can select between metal, stamina, invisible, and low gravity though a series of numbers.

When you go there, it will look something like this...
RUMBLE.1- 0
RUMBLE.2- 0
RUMBLE.3- 0
RUMBLE.4- 0

These are the possile options in numberical order..

1=Stamina Mode
4=Low Gravity
5=Stamina+Low Gravity
8=Invisible
9=Invisible+Stamina
12=Low Gravity+Invisible
13=Stamina+Low Gravity+Invisible
48=Metal
49=Metal+Stamina
52=Metal+Low Gravity
53=Stamina+Metal+Low Gravity
56=Metal+Invisible
57=Stamina+Metal+Invisible
60=Metal+Low Gravity+Invisible
61=Stamina+Low Gravity+Invisible+Metal

While in Stamina status, to set your HP , go to Damage set, and what every you put there, will be your HP
WARNING: Sometimes if you set the damage over 499... the damage will stop at 1HP
i don't know why this happens...

Here is an example:
P1 wants metal, p2 wants stamina, p3 wants metal plus stamina, p4 wants low gravity...
so it would look like this

RUMBLE.1- 48
RUMBLE.2- 1
RUMBLE.3- 49
RUMBLE.4- 4

simple no?

i will keep adding to this when i can...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your grammar could be better, but anyway...

The Action Replay, for the most part, is a cheat device. Therefore, when used, it is considered cheating, regardless of the intended purpouse. Now, if you're interested in things like the Debug Mode, you'll notice it's useful in understanding other aspects of the game.

Simply put, you can make very easy character guides with this. And understand them better.

Or you can cheat. It's your AR, your game, and your choice.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Fight on stages not intended for fighting (BTT, HRC, beta, adventure).

Do team BTT for speed, or fight another team for "diffusing" the "bombs" Counter Strike style.

Use the super character codes for crazy antics.

Use your imagination! (and whatever is at arcentral.net)

The debug menu guide at gamefaqs is also very thorough (www.gamefaqs.com)

I myself have taken a liking to mismatched BTT, where I use chars of my choice on all different BTT stages and keep track of the times. If anyone else would like to do this, I have a neato scorecard for just this purpose, available on my website (or more specifically)
www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/awesomearchive.html
since the game won't keep track of your scores.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
yeah i was doing that for a bit but you could only esimate since you cant hit the last atrget without the gae freezing (try using ganon or marth in luigi's BtT, you'll beat it in no time). what i find it usfull for is the debug mode mainly, frames and hitbox understanding can make your game alot better and make your friends say "hey that didnt even touch me" also debug mode is perfect for making music vids and what not since you can remove the percentages and adjust the camera better than you can with camera mode and guess what only 1 controller needed!!! also if you put the computer type on stand you basically just unlocked a training mode that you can use the c-stick in (debug set in master mode).

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I have one and it can be used for training purposes other than hit boxs.

For instance Me and my friend wanted to work on L-canceling and the mindgames that l-canceling deals with, we 1v1 for like 3 hours with infinite shields (this is especially good for a first timer at l-canceling because he might not always short hop or fast fall) so when I put up my shield for him to practice I didnt have to worry about it goin out.

When I was practicing wave shine combos and infinites I put no Damage cheat on so when I messed up a certain combo I wasnt waiting for my opponent to make it back on the stage.

Another thing you can do is put on inifinte recovery moves and practice edge guarding against a friend.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
hmmm...I have AR, but do you have to have AR pro or max(whichever) to use debug? I don't know where it is in the AR

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
im not sure, i doubt it matters though. here are the codes you need to put in to get the debug mode:

v1.0 Debug Master Control Menu- Found by Rune (www.gscentral.com)
77H8-Y4CD-H4VRY
JR3K-U29H-U6BHT

v1.1 Debug Master Control Menu- Found by donny2112
69KC-WJGT-V09F5
P5A0-GP46-M8EB7

v1.2 Debug Master Control Menu- Found by donny2112
VBF7-P9Y6-2788D
TDA5-YA0R-8947W

PAL Debug Master Control Menu- Found by JAY007 (http://codes.ssbm.org/)
5DDB-FYJJ-8P4CA
47K3-GPZC-DBY82

(NOTE: to find what version you got look at the bottom of your cd and on the inside ring you should read "DOL-GALE-0-0X". what ever number "X" is determines your game version.)

i think you'll also find them at gamefaqs debug guide (which SDM recommended).

dan smith

Smash Champion
Not so Giga-Bowser.

You can make Giga-Bowser smaller (regular sized) and use him instead of regular Bowser.

He is practically middle tier!

Plus he looks so cool.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Re: Not so Giga-Bowser.

Originally posted by dan smith
You can make Giga-Bowser smaller (regular sized) and use him instead of regular Bowser.

He is practically middle tier!

Plus he looks so cool.
MID TIER?!?!?!? he is definitly upper, his dsmash can be used over and over (cause of freezing), up B is better than bowsers and goes farth and faster...oh and he cant get grabbed.

*pounders*

he's not in the game though....*kills himself for waisting his breath*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Giga Bowser Upper Tier? Hardly. He's very easy to hit, and very HARD to work with. Middle Tier is more plausible. Sure, he can take out some guys, but Pichu pwns him with ease. He's too slow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
His moves are mostly better than Bowser's. But he's still slower. That, and any small character can run circles around him. I find normal Bowser much better than him. I agree he is powerful, but much harder to work with.

Because of this, imagine how easy it would be someone to get super good at him. He's too broken to be a playable character. Simple as that.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
another option

well... I for one have done extensive research...

and i can conclude that the Sand Bag could be a High tier character.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
funny trick found, LOL.

im not sure it to many people noticed (im sure many have) but if you pick peach or zelda and taunt with them their skirts dissapear and you get to see their legs. oddly enough they have no waist and you could see right through it. funny stuff though.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I was wondering about how you can control the master hand and the crazy hand in vs. mode using debug. I cant get them to move

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by HyperFalcon
His moves are mostly better than Bowser's. But he's still slower. That, and any small character can run circles around him. I find normal Bowser much better than him. I agree he is powerful, but much harder to work with.

Because of this, imagine how easy it would be someone to get super good at him. He's too broken to be a playable character. Simple as that.
You must've missed the post where someone said there's a code to make Giga Bowser the size of normal Bowser. He'd be Bowser, only with better moves, better recovery and also, he can't get grabbed.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Yea in the 6 player melee i cant seem to get the extra 2 people moving,one shields forever and the other one just stands there like an idiot. Is there a setting you have to change in order for everything to work perfectly?

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
I...

I don't know how the 6 player option works but it sounds bad the first time I saw it, I wouldn't recommend it. Also, I've never tried this before but, get everyone rapid-fire then get Super Link with Super Chu or Super Geedubyah and spam the projectiles, I'm thinking Super Pika would win, just short hop and get your face right into theirs and rapid fire your shocks like mad. It's sweet. Hooray for infinite jumps! Problem with P1 Control Switch, I can control switch player one, have you noticed when you use a name and you control switch your own guy, it makes the name stay in the spot it was on the screen and the guy walks around without a name but with a name box, can you change the level of the computer you're going to switch to? Also, I can't control switch player two, three or four. Do you guys have a rememdy for this? BTW, try Team Zelda & Sheik, become whom you play better with then die and then you get the other, it doesn't matter how far apart they are, just make sure you die as the person you're not good with and then, if you're a Sheik like moi, you can attack the person and it won't matter if Zelda dies, also if they get near Zelda, you could do a team combination of Sheik dsmash to Zelda and Zelda right or left smash depending on how far the knockback is, it rocks! The other Zelda & Sheik codes suck. That's all I can say for now offhand.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
The 6 player smash is type fun, 4 humans and 2 cpus, i managed to figure it out. Theres mayhem everywhere, ya should try it. Remember the only way to load it is puting the master debug menu and the six player melee on the ar.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
do you know if you set the mode to debug you could up B and press Y+D-padLeft and grow then up B again? basically grow and shrink during recovery and save your ***, its infinite jumps the hard way.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait how do you get inifinte jumps in the first place i havent found this?

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
thnx this should make for more fun when bored

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
i like to use infinite time during hrc to really rack up some scores (don't overdo it or suffer glitching the game...)

JDouGH

Smash Rookie
Count frames and hit boxes???

Ive heard alot about hit boxes and counting frames with action replay and was wondering how its done.. I bought a limited edition ar today for $50!!!! bucks!!!! All the stores were sold out . so i really couldent shop around =/

JDouGH

Smash Rookie
Limited edition wih 64mb ... hmmm .. a cd ... the card ... the booklet .. and alot of cardboard

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by WarriorKnight
I was wondering about how you can control the master hand and the crazy hand in vs. mode using debug. I cant get them to move
Anyone help?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright. Just put a controller in slot 1 (obviousely) and put controllers in slots 2 and 3. :skull: :******: :starman: :shyguy: :rotfl: :demon: :freak: :grrr: :qblock: :sleep: :cry: :goomba:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Does it only work when there are only players 1-3 in?

And how do you get 6 players?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok for question #1:
Does it only work when there are only players 1-3 in?
Yes, you NEED player 1 in to work the thing, and to play Master-Hand and Crazy-Hand, You NEED 2 and 3 in. You need 2 and 3 in because each hand is operated by one but I don't know which is which.

Question #2:
And how do you get 6 players?
Well, go to This Site And look for At the top where it has #-z, Then go to "S". Look for SSBM and whatever version you have. Then go to "Enable codes" then find the 6 player code. Then look for the directions at the bottom of that page.

--Hope I was Helpful :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only works for NTSC....oh well, thanks.

EDIT: Your advice on the hands didn't work either. Is ther a specific mod eyou have to be in? (Debug, develop, ect)

Top Bottom