• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Doh! We only have an EB around here. I hope it will be worth the 30 minute drive/fortune in gas expenses :)

Vegard

Smash Lord
I need a PAL Code who lets me access training mode for four players. I haven't got time to browse through all the sites who's been linked to.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Theres no second string as far as i know, Theres a DOL-006 under it does that help? As far as I know I cant do that glitch where link does a up b while still in his hookshot.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Flamestar666 said:
i'm thinking you have 1.2
Can anyone else clarify this? I'll try a debug code with AR for 1.2 and see if it works. Nope it makes the floor black and freeze when I pause... I checked the back of the disk it says DOL-GALE-0-01? which version is that?

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
That would be version 1.1

I have a simple method of determining your version that I often use at major tournaments to see if I can get away with putting Debug Replaces Training on as many cubes as possible.

Go to training and see of Bowser can flame cancel. If he can't, it's 1.2.

If he can, try to do Link's super jump (throw a boomerang and have it hit you while you dangle from your hookshot). If Link goes flying, it's 1.0, if he doesn't, it's 1.1.

Pichu Paizano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. That works. I find it easier to look at the cd, as he stated. the "1" in "000-01" is the version number; the last nuber in the string. 0 = version 0, 1 = version 1 (in your case), and 2 = version 2...

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
SuperDoodleMan said:
That would be version 1.1

I have a simple method of determining your version that I often use at major tournaments to see if I can get away with putting Debug Replaces Training on as many cubes as possible.

Go to training and see of Bowser can flame cancel. If he can't, it's 1.2.

If he can, try to do Link's super jump (throw a boomerang and have it hit you while you dangle from your hookshot). If Link goes flying, it's 1.0, if he doesn't, it's 1.1.
I dont know about your first assumption, but the second is wrong I have 1.1 and when i do Link's super jump it does work. Quick question anyone know how to make items spawn when in Developer mod? I can go threw the items to drop but how do I drop them!?!?!

Westies

Smash Rookie
vidjogamer said:
did you know newer cubes do not support action replay?
The DOL-101 Cubes do not support the older AR's. You just have to buy a newer version of AR.

yo

Smash Apprentice
I have some questions:
1) how do I choose the characters for the fifth and sixth players?
2) why does the code for the flags (for metal and such) instead of the rumble option don't work?
3) why does zelda/shiek freeze the game? and how can I fix it?
4) is there a code to make trophies not appear, so the game doesn't freeze in the adventure levels?

Thanx guys. Oh and I forgot, does somebody have like a guide to the develop mode? because its really weird to use, and the camera rolls around the stage like crazy... makes me want to puke. Thanx

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
I have a somewhat crazy and zany question, but none the less a question. Keep in mind I know little of to what extent you can edit a game with gameshark, and I'm not sure how to make your own codes either, so if my question is totally stupid and impossible, please inform me as so.

Question: Can you create a code so that when Mewtwo use his Smash Up it summons Ho-Oh's sacred fire to Mewtwo's position (it does not harm him though), and Ho-Oh does not appear in the background? (also if Mewtwo was frozen during this time, until the "move" was completed, that'd be a bonus).

Revolver Roosevelt

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I wonder if the AR could be used to help balance out the characters. I know that sounds rediculous, but how would added the Ice climber cheat (The one that has a cpu clone follow the player) boost up pichu? Or how replacing bowser with a shrunken giga bowser change his ranking (immunity to grabs... nice).

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
I wasn't thinking about it that way, but it'd be cool....I was thinking of my suggested AR code just for hilarit, utter carnage, and freaking out friends....and to have fun with computers.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Revolver Roosevelt said:
how replacing bowser with a shrunken giga bowser change his ranking (immunity to grabs... nice).
That is good in theory, however when he is shrunk to the same size as Bowser, he is so weak he can be killed in 2 shines from falco.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
mic_128 said:
That is good in theory, however when he is shrunk to the same size as Bowser, he is so weak he can be killed in 2 shines from falco.
Really? Wow, that's crazy! Is he really light or something? I couldn't imagine what else it could possibly be.

Revolver Roosevelt

Smash Cadet
Oh my... Poor Bowser, destined to remain bottom tier even with the help of gameshark ;_;.

I still wonder how effective the AR is for balancing out the tiers, though. I mean, it could probably allow Yoshi to Jump out of his shield or something like that...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mewtwo is #1 said:
Really? Wow, that's crazy! Is he really light or something? I couldn't imagine what else it could possibly be.
Yeah, he's light. Very light. Although you might be able to change weight around or something...

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
That's quite surprising, but it would also explain why he's so vulnerable to Jiggly's rest and Fox's smash up (the real Giga Bowser in Event 51). I guess his only strength is his shere size.

somewhat random: Fighting Triangles.....dumbest code ever......enough said.

yo

Smash Apprentice
I repeat: I have some questions:
1) how do I choose the characters for the fifth and sixth players? Do I have to enter the long code?
2) why does zelda/shiek freeze the game? and how can I fix it?
3) is there a code to make trophies not appear, so the game doesn't freeze in the adventure levels?

Thanx guys. Oh and I forgot, does somebody have like a guide to the develop mode? because its really weird to use, and the camera rolls around the stage like crazy... makes me want to puke. Thanx

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Answer to 2: I'm not sure why the Zelda/sheik code freezes the game (this is the code where Zelda/sheik acts like ice climbers, right?), and if I was to guess, I'd bet that it' probably cannot be fixed.

As for "develop mode", are you referring to debug mode? If so, try looking at gamefaqs or go googling. If you can't find any, I just recommend fiddling around with it, once you experiment for a while, it's not that bad.

Btw, can anyone help me with my proposed Mewtwo code?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewtwo is #1, what you're asking(your custom code) probably wouldn't be doable, especially to those exact specifics. It is possible to make a summon Ho-oh code, but to change it like that, not really. It may be possible to change the element of Mewtwo's attack to another one, but not much more than that. You're asking a major thing. I suggest going to GameShark Central and asking in a Super Smash Bros. Melee request codes thread(won't be hard to find) and let experts handle it. All I know is that it's not an easy thing.

BTW, try not to look like a n00b there, right now, we're not too kindly these days. Lots of crazy stuff has gone down...

I sort of hat AR now because my memory got erased,not just smash,but all of it. I am especially pist off about losing my btt records.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
That's why it may be a good idea to duplicate your Smash data to another memory card; the reason for this is so that you have a standard playing memory card and a "testing" memory card.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
Yes, you can be Crazy/Master Hand with the use of Gameshark. Their moves, and how to perform them are quite a bit different from the playable characters in the game.

Top Bottom