• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Torengo

Smash Rookie
Is there any way 2 get the debug menu without the AR on the USA version?:confused:
You can try to use GCARS and add the codes there. Action Replay Max should still allow you to input codes. If Datel is selling busted ones like people say, try looking for it in a retail store.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Got that right, Superkong. Mine sucks, though. I can't add codes. STUPID PIECE OF ****!
you probably got the latest newest one which won't let you add any codes, maybe you should try getting an older version on eBay and there you copuld surely find one that will let you input codes like mine does

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
http://www.codejunkies.com for Actrion Replay
http://www.arcentral.net/ssbm/SSBM.html for Smash Bros. Code

Master Hand and Crazy Hand aren't really worth playing as. If you press any button, they pretty much go into CPU mode.
QFT, they really arent fun because of that...and the fact that you cant die as him. Giga bowser is pretty fun, not much different from bowser though. It's most fun the night you first get it though. I was sleeping over at my freinds house and we were goin crazy over all the crap you can do.

Torengo

Smash Rookie
The biggest difference between Bowser and GigaBowser is that GigaBowser can't be thrown.

Falco7

Smash Cadet
Does any one know the code that lets your character be metal through adventure mode? I just got action replay and I've been trying to figure it out.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
does AR work on the wii for wii games? was thinking if as a european i would order brawl from the states. PM please

Torengo

Smash Rookie
does AR work on the wii for wii games? was thinking if as a european i would order brawl from the states. PM please
Nope. The "Gamecube" Action Replay will only boot on the Wii as a Gamecube disc and only prior to the 3.0 firmware update. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure Datel is working on something for the Wii, maybe an Action Replay Channel.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Question:

In SDM's "Perfect Control 2" video, he is seen in training mode. The combo meter is there along with the other various attributes that training mode has. In the very beginning, he is seen in HRC, with the actual meter there that measures how far you've hit sandbag.

These both appear to be the actual modes, but I can't seem to find out how to access them using the standard debug menu.

I want to do a frame-by-frame HRC video, but if I can't access the mode like I normally would be able to, I can't make the video. So, how do I get to these modes? Is there a modified debug menu code that allows you to access them?

BTW, I have version 1.2.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There are many Debug HRC vids on Youtube.... sorry, but that's the most I can help. You can go ask them.

NickC

Smash Rookie
Does Anyone knowhow i can be able to play on the HRC level (i know doodle knows, his vids are AWESOME!!!11@#!@#)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
We have GOT to get someone to edit the first post.

New title: "Action Replay Disc./Q&A; USE THE ****ING SEARCH FUNCTION, N00BS!"

bigjoegamer

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the sun-drenched tropical paradise of Isle Delfino! oops:embarrass:ohwell::laugh: Welcome to the Action Replay Discussion thread created by me!:cool:

.:«Jeff»:.

Smash Rookie
I've been looking for an Action Replay locally and haven't had any luck. But I'm wondering is AR for the gamecube like AR DS where you get a program and can upload new cheats to the AR.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is that a question.

lol, it's pretty much the same. You can tell by the SPAM in this thread that you can no longer input codes.

skoo

Smash Cadet
you guys are saying that i bpught an ar that i can't put any codes on it. Well why would i want an ar that can't be edited!!!! stupid datel rip offs. i wated a month and payed like 30 dollars for it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
you guys are saying that i bpught an ar that i can't put any codes on it. Well why would i want an ar that can't be edited!!!! stupid datel rip offs. i wated a month and payed like 30 dollars for it.
Yes. Yes, we are.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Grrr. My roommate just brought up his Action Replay, but the same day, I bought Metroid Prime 3, and had to download some sort of update for my Wii. Now the AR doesn't work, even though he swears up and down it's legit.

I checked online and found out that, despite there being an AR available that claims to work with the Wii, according to Wikipedia, the latest Wii firmware update renders the Gamecube AR useless.

Is there any way to use the AR on the current Wii?

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
You need the GCN-freeloader for Wii then you can use every AR for GCN and use your old code data.

I bought my Freeloader and a USB-memory card on play-asia.com.

But I need SSBM v1.0 or 1.1 because there is no crazy mod for PAL =(

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I NEED HELP!!!

What do I do when I enter in codes?

I enter the codes, hit done, and it doesn't do anything!

How do you add codes to AR SPECIFIALLY???

How i slow down the game like in super doodle man vids ?
Use the debug menu and go into develop mode. It should be selectable on the first screen of the debug menu. Once in that mode, if you press start, it stops the game on that frame. From this point you press Z to advance one frame at a time. The way SDM made the videos was by recording each frame then compiling them together at the frame rate of the game's regular speed. If you're not making a video with it, it probably won't be as fun as videos using that feature look. :p

EDIT - Also, if anyone likes to use move swap, but hates all the freezing, I made a guide to it for Fox a while ago. Don't think I posted it in here. :p
Doing it with everyone would have taken days, so I did what I could.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=111304

Top Bottom