• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ACT] ZEAL: Canberra's Major ft Smash 4, SSBM & PM sponsored by GAMMA.CON - December 13-14, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The results of the Melbourne ZEAL Circuit event, "Couchwarriors November Ranking Battle" have been reviewed and we would like to congratulate Dekar and Splice for winning the Melee and Project M ZEAL stipends respectively!

We look forward to seeing how the rest of the results from the ZEAL circuit turn out, and we also look forward to seeing how Dekar, Splice, and the others from Melbourne fare against the rest of the competition!

Tournament results: http://smashboards.com/threads/vic-...nday-november-16.319062/page-86#post-17984580

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
The online registration ends up costing like $74.50 if you enter every event, whereas it's $75 if you register at the door on the day. Maybe you could include some ticket bundles like "every event" or "all singles" or something like that to save money on processing and transaction fees?

EDIT: For the lazy, you end up paying $9.50 worth of fees if you enter every event

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The online registration ends up costing like $74.50 if you enter every event, whereas it's $75 if you register at the door on the day. Maybe you could include some ticket bundles like "every event" or "all singles" or something like that to save money on processing and transaction fees?

EDIT: For the lazy, you end up paying $9.50 worth of fees if you enter every event
Fair enough. I could work out a cheaper venue fee over the next day or so. Thanks for the heads up on this :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Splice

Smash Hero
Joe house me please :D
Our Falco's must roost together

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'd house you guys, but ironically I'll be in Melbourne that weekend.
better luck next time falco

NeoTurtle

Smash Rookie
I will be coming up with Dread and I'd be able to bring a recording (maybe even streaming??) set up, is this something you guys would be interested in?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Recording yes! We have a stream that we have worked on but having a second just in case wouldn't hurt either :)

Also, setup info id in the third OP post now so PLEASE BRING SETUPS PPL :)

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Spammed it in the Facebook group, but I'll paste it here too because I'm desperate:

Hey guys, part of the reason I was going to come to Canberra and attend ZEAL was because I was hoping to check out a few suburbs and the city before I move in February next year. Unfortunately my family friends who live in Canberra and were going to drive me around have had to cancel on me, leaving me with the difficult choice of either postponing my visit to the ACT or coming down for ZEAL and not checking out the area.

No chance any local (or visiting) Smashers could help me out on the Monday after (or over the weekend, if there's time) and drive me around for a couple of hours? More than happy to give petrol money and buy you lunch to compensate for any love you could show me!

Flights have gone up, can't afford to go for ZEAL without jeopardising my trips to Victoria for MW2 and SS. Hope it's a really successful event.

MYTUS CONFIRMED FOR ZEAL!

Last edited:

NeoTurtle

Smash Rookie
Also Tinman, do you guys have any logos etc for sponsors, partners, or just your own thjat you would like to be on my stream setup?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
As of right now I'm working with the partners and sponsors to figure out how we can allocate their logos on the stream. I'll let you know which logos are going on asap :)

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
when will we know rules?
also I have booked my flights, looking forward to getting to know / catching up with people :)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
$5 is good, any preference for set size?

hopefully housing questions were answered today

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
In regards to the Sm4sh stagelist: Would you consider replacing Pilotwings with Wuhu Island? Alternatively, PS2 or Norfair? Wuhu is similar to Delfino and Skyloft whilst Pilotwings promotes campy play, the red plane makes it very difficult to approach characters with a good uair/utilt/usmash and projectile users, and the yellow plane has the same issues but worse as approaching is even harder as campers can sit on the engine (which has no grab-able ledges) underneath either wing of the plane and camp from there. Their opponent cannot fall through the plane's platform and must approach from the side which becomes extremely dangerous. Pilotwings also has hazards in the form of the rings the yellow plane flies through which on it's own isn't a major concern but combined with the camping issues makes for a stage with debatable legality. Matches going to time is not fun.

In the first 2 images, Ness can safely camp, particularly on the Yellow plane. It's worth noting that reaching the engine is far easier for characters with multiple jumps. The third image shows the part of the stage which can damage characters (the rock thing)

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
SMASH 4 STOCK COUNT POLL

*click on the link above to access said poll
*poll closes at 6pmish this Friday

In regards to the Sm4sh stagelist: Would you consider replacing Pilotwings with Wuhu Island? Alternatively, PS2 or Norfair? Wuhu is similar to Delfino and Skyloft whilst Pilotwings promotes campy play, the red plane makes it very difficult to approach characters with a good uair/utilt/usmash and projectile users, and the yellow plane has the same issues but worse as approaching is even harder as campers can sit on the engine (which has no grab-able ledges) underneath either wing of the plane and camp from there. Their opponent cannot fall through the plane's platform and must approach from the side which becomes extremely dangerous. Pilotwings also has hazards in the form of the rings the yellow plane flies through which on it's own isn't a major concern but combined with the camping issues makes for a stage with debatable legality. Matches going to time is not fun.

In the first 2 images, Ness can safely camp, particularly on the Yellow plane. It's worth noting that reaching the engine is far easier for characters with multiple jumps. The third image shows the part of the stage which can damage characters (the rock thing)

We were aware of this when developing the ruleset, hence the two ban rule. Ideally not every character can take advantage of this, but with that being said, it can be banned while having another ban on deck. Beyond that, supposedly Ness can 0-death on Wuhu. Other than that, while realising and admitting that the stage has faults, for this tournament and with 2 bans we'll have to see how far the camping goes in tournament.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Sounds fair enough. My second question is can we counterpick to any Omega stage we choose provided the opponent doesn't ban FD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom