• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I have a TV that I need to lose before I leave for Japan. Luke, would you like to adopt it, since you host most of our meets? Or is there anyone else who needs one? It's pretty fat and heavy though, so it can't be moved between houses regularly.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I would very much love to adopt it, expcially if it can be used for the tourney, size and wheight doesnt bother me.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah sorry guys, I'm busy tonight and tomorrow I'm going to sydney for the week, and then to adeliade for that weekend, so I'm out.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well since Luke will be gone for the whole of next week. Who's willing to host a meet, and what day is good for everybody? Who can bring what? For me I think I’m free all week except on Saturday night. I can bring a TV and a Wii.

tedeth

Smash Master
Luke I've been in an area with no reception for the last few days. I'll give you a call 2moro at like 10-11ish to make sure everything's cool.

Also pack your wii. :)

Also we should have asked Scabe and Silfa to come. I didn't even think. :(

blaze3927

Smash Ace
hey canberra noobs, whens the next super smahs tournament? can i bring a nintendo 64 and show y'all how the real smash is played :p

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Welcome Blaze! :)

It`s about time we have someone else who plays Smash 64. I play it quite a bit since I own it on virtual console.

The next "super smahs tournament" is on the 24th of Janurary. Details are in another thread since I can`t really link you it on my DSi. :p

Anyways Luke should have brought Silfa and I to Sydney :cry:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
everytime I ask you noobs your always busy, and I told you plenty of times that I was going, all you had to do is ask.

also its isaacs's birthday today!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Happy Birthday Isaac! I got you a present:

ENJOY IT! :mad088:

The thought of asking to go with you to Sydney completely slipped my mind. I only just realised how epic it would have been. Oh well, back to WiFi...:urg:

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Happy birthday Piesaac!

Like I said before, I have ninja training every weekday morning until 12:00, so afternoon meets are best for me, but I can't stay out late. Also, my parents don't want visitors because we're all busy preparing to leave for Japan. I do have a copy of Brawl and a very heavy TV that I might be able to bring to meets.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Happy Birthday Isaac. C:
LOL RANDOM!

I would get you a picture...
But it would involve anthros...
... And gay yiff. <3

Silfa

Smash Ace
Happy birthday Isaac. :)

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make it to any meets or anything this week because it looks like things are going to be busy for me.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to host a meet at my parent's house on a weekday afternoon or saturday day. There wouldn't be TV's or Wii's though so someone would need to bring all that stuff. I'll see what I can manage.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well I think the turnout will be smaller than usual so we don't have to worry too much about Wii's and TV's. So far there's four people interested all together including me.

I think Friday afternoon might work for everyone.

Where about do you live Blackmane?

Nanda

Smash Ace
There will be a meet at my place on this wednesday. I think thats the 13th.
THere will be two TVs and Two Wiis. If there are enough people goin, it might be good to get one more TV/wii

Anyone interested besides the people who have already confirmed?

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
there's a wall post on the facebook group page detailing nanda's meet on wednesday.

I still can't confirm whether I can host something on friday yet. I live in Dickson, but it's in a share house and not really suitable for hosting big groups of people. However, my mum/sis live in Lyneham, and there is a good possibility I can talk them into letting me use their house for the afternoon. I'd be able to accomodate 4-5 people this way. There would be no wii/brawl and only a tiny TV, so those things would have to be supplied.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
The name Nanda wasn't taken already?!
Here are the details for tomorrow, copied and pasted for everyone's conveniece:

Since Luke couldnt host a meet last Sunday there will be one tomorrow (wednesday).

The start time is stated as 1 pm but my house (14 Tooroonga Crescent Jerrabomberra NSW, it's not that far)
is open to guests from 9am. Its just that most of the brawlers will come at around 1pm.
The end time is open [Edit by Shark: but Nando has work the next day and has to get up early, so don't push it!]
Im free all day so you guys can stay as long as you want.

There will definitely be two Wiis on the day and maybe a third being brought by Scabes.
Dunno where the third tv is coming from though, maybe Scabes as well.

BYO controllers. I am a wii mote player, much to the dismay of most of our crew, so I will only be able to provide two wiimotes.

Bringing food and drinks is optional.

[Another edit by Shark: Don't even bother asking if you can come to play Brawl, the answer's yes]

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Man I played really well at that Meet. It went for like 8 hours straight. I think I'm starting to pick up on habits and learning how to punish them.

Also everyone's getting better, everyone took a game of me.

Also I really like Sheik!

Also, Jon you have my copy of Brawl.

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
13 hours =_= duuuuuude my arms are so dead x_x
Think I might pick up Zelda, it beat Nanda's MK, which is more than I've ever done with Wolf.... which is also kinda sad :p

Need more meets, gotta stop playing CPUs XD

tedeth

Smash Master
luke post: well we've been inventing amazing ways to brawl and it rips ****, this tourney is gonna be the **** ;)

good work keeping stuff going while I'm away guys.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
Cheers for the meet guys, was heaps of fun :-). I don't feel like I played particularly well for most of it, but I think I was finally picking things back up again by the end of the meet. I think I desperately need a wii so I can practise not gimping myself xD

Sadly I have to work all friday, so I can no longer host that second meet I was planning :-(. Ah well, another time maybe.

Top Bottom