• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACT Presents - Business time Sunday May 9th (business attire encouraged)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the tourney was good, thanks for coming guys, big shoutout now to ricky who finally ended my winning streak against him by ****** me on my favorite level :(

good to see melbourne down here too, you guys were great.

ted, get 2 stocked by weegee! lololololol

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Shoutouts

Luke: Thanks Luke for the tournament/housing/driving us around etc. Much appreciated. Crews was great at your house, 'cept that incredibly one sided battle on the first night.

Ted: Always fun hanging out with you. I honest to God do not know what to do against your Wolf.

Meteor: Maybe your MK is better than your Ness but I still think your Ness is more impressive. GGs btw, I never look forward to meeting you in the bracket.

ZXV: lol Melee. Your Falcon was scary sh*t, I couldn't predict a d*mn thing. I didn't get to play you much in Brawl though.

EA: I was on the verge of rage qutting for the first time ever. I don't remember your ICs being that good lol. I need to learn to not get grabbed cuz that sh*t is broken.

Scabe: Not enough friendlies =( How can Link out-camp Pit? Tell me this.

Nanda: Yey another Yoshi user. Best dittos I've had since I can remember. Also your lack of tornado with MK was a mind game in itself.

Gords: Your Toon Link is really shaping up. Too bad I know the MU well.

Conor: You're sh*t stop placing above me. That should of been me and Khoa in Doubles finals and you know it =P

Khoa: I love our team. Just got unlucky against Scabe as I was unlucky (glitch *****) against Conor.

Side note - I think the ACT scene is easily the best I've seen. Hanging out with you guys makes me dislike Melbourne. It's just so refreshing to see a Smash scene so close and comfortable around each other unlike Melbourne where it seems everyone is against each other. Keep it up.

I'll definitely be returning btw <3

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm so sad that hardly anyone dressed up, props to Luke, Ted, Seb, Cheese, Scott, Nanda, Zier and everyone I forgot for looking epic. I have to say that wearing business attire made me feel really good. I loved wearing it. Such a shame no girls were there to check me out. :crying:

Shoutouts!

Awful: Inhale to Hammer is legit. :p

VK: Didn't get to play you or see any of your matches. My brother said we look alike.

Brendan: Didn't get to play you or see any of your matches but I'm glad to see you coming back for this tourney!

Dinith: It was cool playing teams with you, Jon and Pat. You should come to stuff, you can get Jon to train you up.

Kevin: I wish I saw you play against Nanda since you almost won I believe? So lame that MK is lame. :mad:

Dave: Your a cool kid :cool:. I wish I had time to play some Jump with you guys.

Rein: I saw that Falcon Punch you landed on Khoa, that made me lol. Also your Ganon was tough and you put up a good fight in pools against me.

Julian: Didn't see much at all at the tourney. Mad heckling though in crew matches :laugh:

Nanda: Your MK is so good now and you've improved so much as a player. I hardly stand a chance now against your MK. :(. I'll upload those matches we had in the tournament. Also what you think of my MK? ;)

Stray: Your Snake and Peach are like equal they both give me trouble and our matches are really close. I can't believe you guys didn't place well in doubles?! D:

Edd: Man I didn't get to play you, you even asked me to play but I was soo hungry and had to get food so I'm sorry about that :(, come to more meets!

Pat: New guy. The only person I believe that saw the poster and came to the tourney.

Cheese: You and Seb made a good team combination and you had some awesome strats. I didn't get to play your Falco :(, did you watch Scoot's Falco vs my Link? I hope you've learnt how to destroy me.

Zier: Your heckling was the greatest, it made the crew matches so much fun haha. :laugh:

Piesaac: Didn't get to play you at all!! :crying:. Thanks for the support in my matches it was really good to hear your comments in the background.

Gords: Wow your Diddy really gives me trouble. Our pool matches were really really close and it's a shame that you didn't win in the end.

Zxv: <3 No homo, you destroyed me in crews but I got my revenge in our tourney matches. I reckon you should have went Jiggs like good old times :laugh:, I wish I got to save our matches as well and show my incredible DI + 3 stocking :p

Khoa: Coolest person ever, not sure if you'll see this seeing as you don't have a Smashboards account. :( We had some fun games, thanks for the friendlies, I think I started to get the hang of the MK matchup a bit more after that. If only I played as well as I did in friendlies then I did in our pool matches. You ***** man.

Jei: Wow all your characters gave me a hard time, why can you use everyone at a high level :mad:. I remember you pulling of that mad shine on me with Fox. I wish we got more friendlies. :(

Neckbeard: Wow you played amazing that day. I thought I'd at least I'd put up a good fight considering the day before I was actually winning a few against your Falco but nup you ended up 3 stocking me and ******. :urg:

EA: We played like one friendly, we haven't played much in a while. Are you avoiding me? :p Anyways we need to play each other again next time.

Silfa: Man, you always beat me in friendlies which makes me want to play you even more but I can tell you don't want to play me :mad088:. Anyways what should we do for teams now? I'm really confused now. I think we do better with Jiggs and DK but I really do prefer using Link more. I think we should give ROB and Link a chance. That actually went pretty well.

Conor: Didn't get much friendlies with you. :urg: Your a really good team partner when I had to play you and Ricky and in friendlies when we were goofing around. We didn't even get to play chess! :urg:

Ricky: Thanks for not going MK on me and using Sonic :p. Otherwise we probably would have timed out or you ****** me again :urg: We gotta have more friendlies!

Luke: Your way too good in doubles. I can't hit you and you like ****. Didn't get to play you, we should play more.

Ted: Congrats on winning. I totally didn't watch your matches in the end, but what a comeback you pulled. You really are marinated ****.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Ted
Nice work Ted, congrats on getting first place. We did not play a single friendly match or tourney match... :'( two more wins in singles i would've vsed you. Dave and I didn't get anywhere close to vsing you in doubles. FUUuuu i was playing so badly at the start. Lets just say i take a ****ing long time to warm up (can somebody say INHALE TO HAMMER)

Scoot
Good **** mate. Falco and Frigate don't work well together. thanks for knocking Stale Neckbeards down to the Loser's bracket (Y) :p Ima beat you one day, and take that PR spot :p

Ricky
You demolished my MK with your Ness. FUUUUUUuuuu. At least I managed to take a game off again. Nice work beating Luke and placing well. If only i beat you, I would've had petrol and grocery money for next week. Man I'm so poor.

Luke
GET UNINTENTIONALLY SANDBAGGED!!!Shouldn't have counter picked Focks. You almost had me in that last match, just one up tilt and i would've been a goner. I don't think I would've gotten this far without your help, or the help of the rest of the ACT scene. Btw, Ill help with our Robo Trump Card, I just need to get a job first. Thanks for hosting the Tourney, there would be no ACT scene without you. Nohomo

Scabe
I didn't Nado once :D. I always have fun in our matches despite the matchup being so greatly in my favour. FUUUUuuuu MK Dittos make me cry. I SDed so much man. We should play friendlies earlier in the day when im not all burnt out from losing. Stale Moves didn't get a chance to vs The kings of swing :( How sad

Shoutouts, to be continued

Nanda

Smash Ace
ZXV
You play so much better than me, its just too bad that I main MK who is too broken. If i had used any other character i would've lost easy. Nice work at BT though. Hope to see you at the next tourney. ( P.S. I didn't use Nado)

Connor
That **** was ridic. Tourney matches with you are always amazing. Last stock, over 150% for every match, too bad we didn't record any of them. Just give me a few more matches to learn the matchup, and maybe next time i won't get knocked into Losers. :p Well done, nice placing.

Shoutouts to be continued

GAY?

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

C~DOG: Good work coming second in doubles with Team Backstabbing Traitor. If you had teamed with me we would have taken first. Good friendlies, shame we didn't get to play any tournament matches. You should move to ACT imo.

Rein: Your Ganon is **** and you're the best team mate ever. 2 minutes in heaven is so much better than 1 minute in heaven.

Zier: Good work beating Nanda with Ike! Too pro

Nanda: How did you come fourth? You got beat by Zier's Ike and walked into Awful's hammer. I don't understand.

Ricky: First time I've really talked to you, so glad you showed up. Our pools matches were a lot of fun! So proud of myself for beating your Sonic .. even though you killed yourself on 90% lol. Hopefully we get to play again before Robocop.

EA: Man, the ICs/Toon match up is so gay, but it's so much fun. You're too good, I don't understand. Close set as well, so good! Come back to ACT soon .. actually, just move here.

Luke: I'm a wizard, you know.

Ted: You should have brought Rocko and you should have taught me Wolf stuff. Too bad we were too busy having terrible crew battles. Good to see you again though man, shame we didn't really have any matches ;_;

VK: Good set in pools dude, so happy I won! If you came to meets ever you would really just **** everyone. Get on it

Silfa: Going to Groovin the Moo makes you gay.

Jei: Good to meet you man, hopefully see you back in ACT real soon.

Kevlar: You winner! Get Scabe to bring you to more meets so you can teach me to be amazing like you.

Shame the Diglett-headed Wizard never showed up :(

Zero

Smash Hero
Silfa you went to grooving the moo?!?!?!

You should have stopped by for Smash :(

Oh Canberra have their own GTM. boring. :(

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

Between Saturday and Monday night I think I had a total of 3 hours sleep so apologies if I mix up or miss someone.

Ted: Congrats on winning singles. Oh, and **** that Wario chaingrab. Teach me how to beat you :D

EA: That ****'s crazy :p

Julian: Epic comeback during that first match, I just couldn't make it back for the next two.

Kevlar: You're too good.

Luke: Goddammit, why'd you put me with two Toon Links? >_< Good job on the organising and stuff.

Meteor: First time I've actually gone up against a Sonic, it'd be good if we could have another match sometime. Also, why do I always get ****ed over in crew battles against you? XD

Khoa: Were you the Diddy I vsed in the Saturday crew battle? I really need to learn that matchup, shame we never had a proper match, but I suspect it'd be close to a 3 stock :p

Dave: Falcoooon..... PUUNNCHH! :p

Nanda: Inhale -> Hammer is a true combo :D

Awful: Thanks for teaming with me on short notice. THAT HAMMER :D

Edd: Your Wolf's gotten better, you should come to more meets!

tedeth

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS:

Fatyeo: Dude we **** way too hard. You stick your stuff on me and then we blow everyone all day long. Wait... anyway, we're amazing. :p
You held another awesome tourney and made me proud. That's the closest set we've had in ages too. You almost had me worried. lol.

Scoot: Well played. Prolly the best I've ever seen you play. Thanks for giving me the chance to do the MOST AMAZING TECH EVER!!! But yeah, real close games. Pity you got double teamed by me and Frigate lol. :p

Meteor: Don't concentrate on the little dots in your vision. :O
You played heaps good man. Your Metaknight was really good at using c-stick and b button and stuff. :p
Really though, you were playing great. After that first game you had me worried lol.

EA: Finish my combo vid and then maybe I'll give you a better shoutout.

ZXV: Didn't get to see you play very much, except that one game against Scabe where he entered the stage of being ****ign broken and living like a boss.

Scabe: You're so good man. What more can I say? Amazing DI. We didn't really get to play outside of doubles which is a shame.

Silfa: Argh that CG is so gay. I felt almost as dirty as if I'd been playing MK. Didn't get to play you much either.

Other ACT boys that I know: ****, we didn't get to play. Next time for sure though. You're awesome. :)

Condog: Can't believe you didn't win that set against Scoot. L2clutch.

Jei: Your Yoshi is pretty wicked. I'm glad I figured out the MU before I had to play it in a tourney lol. :p

Everyone else: I donno. Most of you are pretty cool. Too tired to write anything else.

Silfa

Smash Ace
It was good seeing everyone at the tourney, it's too bad that I couldn't stay. GTM was quite amazing though. :)

Some short and brief shoutouts from what the little smash I had over the weekend. Thanks for teaming with me again Scabe, sorry if I let you down in doubles - we're all over the place with that at the moment so we should probably sort it out at some point. Khoa, (if you see this) all the friendlies I had with you were really fun, you're diddy is pro and I look forward to playing you again soon. Ted, congrats on winning, boo for CG lol. :(

Hopefully I'll get to play more people next time. And zier wins for beating nanda.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Well, I found a lot of it quite boring, but a couple of the acts made up for it I feel. I'm glad I didn't go any earlier than I did.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Side note - I think the ACT scene is easily the best I've seen. Hanging out with you guys makes me dislike Melbourne. It's just so refreshing to see a Smash scene so close and comfortable around each other unlike Melbourne where it seems everyone is against each other. Keep it up.

I'll definitely be returning btw <3
Word. Haven't been to ACT for a tournament but I go to NSW for Smash more than I do in VIC. Melbourne scene used to be cool, but it's lost a bit of its soul somewhere along the track.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so that idea for business time 2 you just floated in another thread, I'm down for it cao, you wanna do it? hit me up if you do.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Well I agree with that as well.
ACT/NSW are my favourite scenes and I've been to more tourney's OoS than in my own state as well.

Relaxed ACT beats antisocial cowards in SA anyway.
Melbourne is ok, the tournament organisers (you, Conor & Vermy) are all great.
I've never had irl issues with another person in the smash community (outside of SA) so ^_^.
Jeebus I'm *****y atm.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
ACT seems like a fantasy recluse where nobody hates any video game and we can all be super friends.

Maybe I'll look at booking some tickets on the Uni holidays.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:
First of all, everybody who wasn't wearing a suit. Lift your F***ING games.

Luke: Once again the tourney was overpowered and had a surprising amount of OOS attendance. Our mothers must all hate us or something. Congrats on getting first in doubles with Ted. I'm looking forward to some meets in the coming weeks.

Scabe: Can't wait to play you again especially given that I just found out Falco's fsmash is unavoidable. Also can't wait to get some doubles practice against you and Silfa, your Link is the ****.

Kevlar: So much win. That is all.

Nanda: Good work on getting fourth. I demand a rematch (not on brinstar).

Edd: Good games man, especially when I wasn't being gay. Come to more meets.

Gords & ZXV: Your doubles team was quite impressive, I never knew your Diddy was such **** Gords. ZXV you're way too good, bad luck on not making it to the finals too bad MK is so gay

Zier: Your Ike is pro. I thought the Ike : MK matchup was unwinnable but you proved me wrong. Sorry to go all gay on you with my bulls*** chaingrabs.

Silfa: Why did GTM have to be on the same day as the tournament. I'm convinced ACT would have placed higher had your Donkey Kong been there to punch everyone in the face.

Conor: We had some good friendly doubles matches. I had no idea Kirby was a viable singles character. Hopefully you and the rest of the Melbourne crew will come down to the next ACT tournament.

Scoot: Thanks for the friendlies, I think I'm finally starting to pick up on the things that I'm doing wrong with Falco.

Ted: He's trained in bed (and also good at smash).

Seb: Yay we didn't get dead last in doubles. Other Mother (Zamus and Lucas, how did no-one pick up on that) FTW

I probably left out some people so sorry to them.
Ganondaaaaaalf

SurvivorSeb

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brektfast
Shoutouts! (Many of you probably don't remember me, I was the ZSS/Sheik player... The bad one)

Edd: You really should learn to DI out of Sheiks F-Tilt lock. =p

Nanda: My ZSS' Up B Spike oficially beats your Yoshi. Too bad your MK owns me =[ Thanks for the fun friendlies.

Scabe: Waaay too good at Link and Jigglerpuff. Doubles was a heap of fun and so were the friendlies we had afterwards.

Throwback: Sorry I gayed you with Needles. Had no idea what to do against such a pro Samus @_@

Zxv: We would have taken that doubles game to a third set had you not soloed me and Cheese by yourself. Epic Zero suit.

Gords: We didn't have any singles matches! Also pro at doubles when not getting gimped to death. Surprised you didn't make brackets.

Jei Jei: Never come up against a Pit before. You smashed me in pools. I had no idea what was going on half of the match. Those Up-B mind games really got to me @_@.

C~Dog: You make Kirby look OP. Didn't stand a chance =[

Silfa: You and Scabe are too good. Too bad you had to leave, we could have had some doubles friendlies.

Luke: I still can't beleive you got a box kill on me. Shows how bad I am at this game T__T. Tournament was epic. Thanks heaps for organising it, had heaps of fun.

Ted: Congrats on winning the day. You got out of my F-tilt lock in like 4 hits as wolf. Way too pro.

Thanks to everyone else for making it such a great day =3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
see how much fun it is seb, come to meets and become one of the regular gang.

also bogo where you at?

Top Bottom