- May 10, 2008
You know when I'm down to my socks what time it is, its business time, its time for business
Sunday the 9th of May, 11am till 8 pm
National Hockey Centre, 196 Mouat St Lyneham
the room is called the carter brown room
What do I need to bring:
Tv's and Wii's are always appreciated and help things run smoother, aside from that, you need to bring a controller and $15
Also, you are encouraged to Wear Business attire (a suit or something of similar fasion)
if you have equipment it would be nice if you could be there 15 mins early
also we will start at 11:30 so that gives you 30mins to register and then warm up with
some friendlys, if you think your gonna be really late ring me and we'll sort something else.
you bet! unlike other TO's who suggest they have the best prize pots in the country, I actually do (at least for player to prize size ratio)
Dickson shops is nearby and there will be a lunch break sometime during the day.
there are also some vending machines and a cafe downstairs from the room we're in.
First up there will be Brawl Doubles,
followed by Brawl singles
and if there is time at the end there will be a single large crew battle, what up!
also if there is time at the end of the day there will be melee friendlys, but anyone
wanting to change a TV to melee must first gain approval from me or I'll luigi Fsmash you (I'll probably break my own fingers, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it)
ok so how does it work? I'm using modified SBR rules, so here goes...
First up we'll be doing pools, basically players are split into a number of different pools which are seeded, and you play 2 matchs against everyone in your pool.
The top 2 or 3 (depending on attendance and whatnot) go through to a double elimination bracket, procedure for that is simple, you lose a set are you are knocked into the losers side of the bracket, you lose again and you are knocked out of the tournament, rules are as below.
- 3 Stock
- 8 minute timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- All sets in the double elim bracket with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (best of 1)
- Daves supid rule 'No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.'
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- If a game ends with any of the following moves (bowsers suicide claw, Ganons Suicide flame choke, Kirby/d3's suicide inhale) then the victory is given to the person who intiated said move. (note with suicide inhale, ins entirely possible for the player to break out of it mere miliseconds before death, in which case they are shown as being the winner on the results screen and the victory is given to them instead of kirby/d3)
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stage striking: you each take turns in 'striking' and stage from the starter list until 1 remains, you then play on that level. The player that strikes first also gets his or her choice of controller port, if there is a disupte in who will go first, paper-scissors-rock will be played (best of 1) and the winner gets to chose who goes first. note that in pools, the starter list will be different, and you strike until you have 2 stages left, and then you play each of those stages once.
- Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based or eyesight disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
- Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, (only relevant in Double elim brackets) that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
- Stalling is banned.
lukes description of stalling:
any action that that causes a player to be unreachable, such as jigglypuffs rising pound off the top of the screen.
being wario and constantly running away from and avoiding your opponent is extremely gay/frustrating, but is not stalling since you are still techniaclly reachable and hittable. (this is known as air camping, not stalling)
SBR's description of stalling:
The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
So now you known doubly what it is, no excuses.
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may then choose a stage to ban, the loser of the previous match then announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. the match begins
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
Additional Rules for Double's Play
- Life Stealing is allowed
- Set team attack to ON
- Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles.
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
New Pork City
Flat Zone 2
Mushroomy Kingdom I & II
contact me on this site or email me
in your in, let me know please.
Luke (6 tv's, 1 wii)
Silfa (1 wii)
Cheese (1 wii)
ea (1 wii)
Nandactyl (1/2 tv's, 1 wii)
vk (1 wii?)
Julian (1 tv)
Piesaac (1 tv, 1 wii)
daivd (1 wii, maybe 1 tv)
ted (an ifinite amount of win, also maybe a wii if I pester him enough)
ricky (1 wii)
Kevin (holy ****)
Condog (1 wii)
gords (1 wii)