• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACT and Caotic Present - Business Time 2! date confirmed, 28th and 29th of august

patv

Smash Journeyman
Lol the face I made is like meant to be an eyeroll on msn so no I'm not a nerd haha.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Can we set up a smash 64 backroom?
i can bring
nintendo 64 console x 2
50cm NEC crt tv x2
1 copy of super smash bros 64
1 n64 controller

we dont play brawl (much) but me and the only other canberra 64 smasher will see if we can get there.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Can we set up a smash 64 backroom?
i can bring
nintendo 64 console x 2
50cm NEC crt tv x2
1 copy of super smash bros 64
1 n64 controller

we dont play brawl (much) but me and the only other canberra 64 smasher will see if we can get there.
Well our TO is banned but I think it won't hurt to set this up. Do you guys have any more N64 controllers?

blaze3927

Smash Ace
whats "TO" :p

i have a friend that has around 12, i'll see if i can borrow them for the weekend.

and another copy of smash...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Sorry guys. Car stuff gayed me out of money. I'll definitely come down sometime in the near future, just... not this weekend. =/

@Blaze: TO = Tournament Organiser

blaze3927

Smash Ace
k got it
and smash 64 is probably maybe going to be there, why wouldnt you come to this tourney.
ill bring the lappy to record them even

Nanda

Smash Ace
So Cao is defs coming to Canberra??? If so, then I will tag along for questacon. Lets all dress like little kids so we don't look out of place. THat **** works

Silfa

Smash Ace
Luke (the currently banned tournament organiser) wanted me to let you know blaze that the smash 64 guys are welcome to come along.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Oh ****, hope is still alive.
We should all still go to Questacon. I want to relive my days as a small child (5 years ago).

Blaze, I wanna vs you in smash 64. I play it at uni a bit on project 64 with wiimotes. I am soo noob

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wait, what's Questacon?

I have a party to go to in Belconnen on Saturday night. :)

Also, I demand ACT Smashers eat out somewhere, on Sunday night?

Nanda

Smash Ace
questacon is this kid's science thingo. Its for kids 6 and over or something like that, and we are the "over".

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Questacon is an amazing place :p, I hope it's still amazing when I'm "over".

What's the deal with the Parliament House, can you just visit that?

And what's a good place to eat at? "Kevin's Place" :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL, Kevin's place. Does it have a tarp banner with "Under New Management" slapped over the store frontage?

Yeah, I'm going to visit Parliament House at 10am Saturday morning, they do daily tours I believe. Join me if you like!

So I guess for all of those that are concerned with Melee, I'll be running it:
SAT 1pm - 7pm (Teams)
SUN 12pm - close (Singles under a modified Atyeo ruleset)

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
SUN 12pm - close (Singles under a modified Atyeo ruleset)
Singles under a modified S.H.I.T ruleset.

As for foodz, there's half a million restaurants in Canberra, the problem is finding somewhere that's both quality and not overpriced.

The venue is about 2 minutes' drive from Dickson, so we'll be spoilt for choice even if we're lame and don't make a booking (likely to happen due to local laziness).

And no, we're not going to Wasabi. -.-

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
I have roller derby training Sunday afternoon/night, I plan to sleep in tomorrow morning, and I told a girl that I'd see her Saturday night.

So that pretty much means I can't come to BT2, except maybe late Sunday night.

Rofl @ BT2. GET HYPE w/ zero attendance.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Attendance will be pretty poor I imagine. Pretty sure there's a number of ACT smashers who can't really make it, including myself.

I'll probably only come on sunday if I do go and maybe only for a few hours.

patv

Smash Journeyman
If I wen I would've wanted to have friendlies with Jon and scabe, but u wudve not been there if I went anyway

blaze3927

Smash Ace
assdickballsack

my ride out and the other canberra smasher (same person) decided that they are going to UNI open days WHICH IS TODAY/TOMORROW. I'll see if i can bus out but i wont be able to bring tv's. but i can still definitely bring.
1 controller (lame i know)
2 consoles and cables
1 copy of ssb64
so if anyone could help out with bringing n64 controlerrs & a copy of smash that would be great.

BUT if anyone is swinging by pearce, :3 theres a free 50cm nec crt tv with remote in it for them, as i couldnt be bothered taking it back home afterwards xD, ALSO they could swing via a mates house in curtin who has agreed to let me borrow controllers (he has 9 good ones to spare) and possibly a copy of smash.

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
I'm leaving in about 5 minutes, but could you message me the address and both your names? My number's 0434547574. Probably let him know I'm coming as well if you can :p

Top Bottom