• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
You know, without the search function, there's no need to misspell names anymore.

A bit late, and a little needless, but for the sake of recording it:

Frosty 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272283
April 17th
Out of 11
1st - Espy (Sonic)
I really am slow...congrats on first. lets see if we can break the SonicMaster5th curse this time.

I believe you're 3rd. You gotta actually download the file they supply. Espy and X are in the 80's, you're in the 200's, and I'm in the 300's. Didn't bother looking down past that.

I see...3rd place. If MD/VA uploaded every tourney with all the information, im sure i'd at least be in the 100's...i think. :/

Dont worry trent. you'll be up there soon enough. You're bein exposed to different kinds of play as you travel. you got this man.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
I really am slow...congrats on first. lets see if we can break the SonicMaster5th curse this time.

I see...3rd place. If MD/VA uploaded every tourney with all the information, im sure i'd at least be in the 100's...i think. :/

Dont worry trent. you'll be up there soon enough. You're bein exposed to different kinds of play as you travel. you got this man.
They do upload every tourney nub. X and Espy know how to get over 5th unlike u lololololl..and me
they sometimes dont put up the bracket/miss info/blah blah blah. they said this themselves btw. :dizzy:

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey guys!! Good to see that you guys are placing higher! and good stuff Espy!
I haven't been to any major tourney's lately, Yeah, Money johns.

Life is sadly getting harder and harder for me, I'm at a Public LIBRARY right now since I don't have a computer.

but let me tell you this, I Had a can of BEANS today. THATS IT.
CAUSE I HAVE NO OTHER FOOD!! LOL!! ITS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, I plan on going to Tourney play 5!!
Well, hopefully I can make it.

anyways Just wanted to stop by and say I love you guys!!! :colorful:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Hey guys!! Good to see that you guys are placing higher! and good stuff Espy!
I haven't been to any major tourney's lately, Yeah, Money johns.

Life is sadly getting harder and harder for me, I'm at a Public LIBRARY right now since I don't have a computer.

but let me tell you this, I Had a can of BEANS today. THATS IT.
CAUSE I HAVE NO OTHER FOOD!! LOL!! ITS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, I plan on going to Tourney play 5!!
Well, hopefully I can make it.

anyways Just wanted to stop by and say I love you guys!!! :colorful:
thats on the 8th of may iirc....i'll try to get there. Isnt TP5 in NJ? Thats gonna be reeeaalllly tough. But its aite, you got dis X. Hope things get better for ya.

Tenki

Smash Hero
not all too related, but

I went to a dorm brawl tourney today. It was like, the first semi-competitive Brawl situation I've been in since last august

and i lost in the first round

LOLLLllllllllllll

except it was double elimination, and i came back to grand finals, won the first set, and failed the second XD

4god (Dedede) knocked me into losers, and ended up being the guy I played in the end xD

it was pretty fun. i maed new frenz and nj0w i will play morar :)

~TBS~

Smash Champion
im pretty sure tourneyplay is a west coast tournament series.
oh i see. *slow again. <_<*

not all too related, but

I went to a dorm brawl tourney today. It was like, the first semi-competitive Brawl situation I've been in since last august

and i lost in the first round

LOLLLllllllllllll

except it was double elimination, and i came back to grand finals, won the first set, and failed the second XD

4god (Dedede) knocked me into losers, and ended up being the guy I played in the end xD

it was pretty fun. i maed new frenz and nj0w i will play morar :)
booooo first round. How did 4god play? really campy or something?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm not really sure :/

Air camping with D-air/B-air, traps like F-smash on shield (ugh) -> shield stun? -> u-tilt/spotdodge to punish a counterattack.

I definitely ran into his swallow / cg too many times x.x
general spacing hasn't come back to me yet though.

I'm just rusty XD

It's nice I found some local people to play with who know what they're doing though. I know from talking with him that he used to go to WABA tourneys pretty often (during the year, where I only went over the summer).
Maybe I can get back into the loop of things again :D

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah fsmash on sheild is surprisingly safe but you are sonic remember lol you can definitely punish that with a DA or maybe fair

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Double post but yea. Back from tourney. Feels good to get out of retirement rofl. Got 5th out of 20 or lsomething in doubles with Speed. Double Sonic. We beat Neo (Marth) and Hat (MK/D3) and a few others. But got gayed on green greens.

Then in tourney. I played 3 FALCOS IN A ROW. MAN. I got two sets recorded. My first vs a P5 guy. 2-0. He cp'd Yoshi vs me lol. Then i went against this Falco named lie. I've beaten him before my retirement. But..He beat me this time. Man this lost really crushed me. I threw the tourney after this match. I was really pissed. Then i got even more pissed when he went on to beat Speed and knock him out the tourney too. So dumb. But w/e. I got like 30 something. Speed got like 9th i think? Who knoowws lol. But yea i thought i was gonna get *****. But i was playing pretty good for the most part. Gotta work on that Falco match up! Ugh i cant lose to that guy again. I'll mm him next time! But double Sonic is now a viable team! haha :cool::cool: We got vids of doubles and some singles matches. They'll be uploaded some day or another. Who knows. But look forward to them I guess? I dunno. Rofl idc.

Speed got interviewed and the interview asked me to get into it too. So that should be up soon too roflll It was nice to get back into the tourney scene! Gotta get my game up and go to more now!

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Also I used Kupo's taaaag in doubles. KUPO I MADE YOU PROUD MY LOVE!!!

btw..Youre gonna be mad at me for the first couple of matches you see me in. Cause im playin mad wifi-ey with Dairs and **** after spring and getting punished hella hard D: But towards the end of the night i stopped doing it and started to just footstool when falling. *sigh*

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Stepping it up for Child's Play
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8912
April 22, 2010
Out of 30
13th - Tails (Sonic)

I'm happy with this tournament. This tournament was for a local charity that was held at UNLV.

My first set I played was against Ricky, who is a friend of Z. Great way to start his tournament match by Z telling everyone Ricky sucks. He played Falco the who time (which I was getting annoyed playing against Star Fox characters). The first match was done on Yoshi's Island which I was really confused since YI:B is a counterpick, not a neutral for VegasSmash, but I went along with it. I three stocked him on that stage with a zero to death on his first stock. Second match he went to Final Destination. I accidentally killed myself when recovery hoping to wall jump off the stage to get to the ledge. But I still brought it back

Next set was against TheZeroForReal and his Luigi. I lost to him 0-2, but on the 2nd match, I was really close to bring it back. I tried to ledgeguard him, but when I seen him use his up-B, I didn't want to take the risk so I got off the ledge since I already lost my invincibility frame. Then he did the poke of death to me.

My 3rd set was against one of the volunteers, Javier. He was way too easy. He wanted to go to Mario Bros and I went "no", twice. First match he played as Bowser. Once again, 3 stocked him with the first stock zero to death. Second match he went Ike on me. 3 stocked him. On his second stock, he fair me under the ledge of Battlefield and fast fall which he was unable to recover.

My final set was best of one since we were running short on time. I had to play against Tigaking and his Lucario. On my last stock, I was already at 95% when I got rid of his 2nd stock. I was bringing it back, and got him up over 100% of damage, but I screw up getting killed. At least I gave a good fight.

Overall, I'm really happy with my results. I wanted to go Toon Link for one match, but I'm not going to take that risk, not even against a noob

Trent

Smash Champion

B_AWAL

Smash Master

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated the first post.
Lots of new upcoming tournaments soon.

I'm also going to another tournament sometime after Nikefest, but I don't know when. I'll put up the details later.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I beat a Zoot Soot Samoos player in my city that has defeated me 2-3 times in the past, even while being sleep-deprived.

Results when bracket's up.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
Smash the State 3
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=8294 and http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=8295
May 1st, 2010
Out of 28(?)
5th, messiahfreak2000 (Sonic)

The reason there are two links is because this tourney was a little weird. There were pro(finals) and amateur (primaries) brackets. We did Swiss brackets to determine who was in each. I ended up in amateurs (which was a single elimination bracket) and fought my way into pro bracket. The first link is amateurs and the second link is pro. I added the two together (minus a few from pro since the top 4 of amateurs went to pro) and I believe it was about 28 total who entered.

All in all, I was on fire in this tournament. Managed to obtain a few upset wins and rep the blue blur. If I keep this up, I am going to officially take the title of best Sonic in Oregon (and maybe NW).

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Good stuff msf2k. Heard everyone in OR figured out sonic's a gimmick now after playing you for a bit lol.
from what I heard sounds like you need some falco matchup work. D: Don't get predictable against falco and learn to get around his campiness. Cin seems like he figured out how to fight sonic from what Zodiac said, but it's really easy to piss off falco players as sonic if you're playing the MU right. :D

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
Eh, Falco didn't seem too hard to me. I do need practice maneuvering around the lasers but I caught him off guard more than once spin dashing under them and getting free damage. It literally came down to last stock high percents. I was DI'ing like no other that day.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Came back from HOBO24.

9th of 40 in singles.

I got stomped on by Lee Martin's Meta Knight, and beaten by his Lucario on Pictochat. Then I had to play K Prime, and he beat me pretty solidly.

Not as good as I wanted, but still not too shabby. I'm happy with what I got.

I'll slap up official results when the thread gets edited with actual results.

I also entered low tier doubles, mid tier, and regular doubles.

4th in doubles with K Prime's Pikachu
Split 1st with Lee Martin in Mid tier because of time.
Split 1st with Lee Martin and Gnes in low tier doubles (K Prime on my team; Zelda/Jiggs) due to time constraints.

Overall, pretty fun. Mid tier wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but that's probably because I didn't have to deal with a single Peach, and only one Toon Link.

Fox > Wolf > Fox > Pit > Toon Link.

Fox and Wolf are fun to dtilt.

There should be videos up soon from some random games. I know for sure me getting ***** by Lee in our set were recorded.

Trent

Smash Champion
I went to a really small tournament in Iowa just to finally get some practice in.

3rd out of 8.

Woo.. I won $4.. Entry fee was $5. I got owned by Wolf hardcore.

Will update official results as they post it.

Trent

Smash Champion

Iowa's Bi-Weekly #5
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740&page=1337#post10242484
May 8th
Out of 8
3rd - Trent

Winner's Bracket:
Beat NGamer :yoshi2:
Beat Pariah :wolf: :dedede:
Lost to Joker :snake:

Loser's Bracket:
Lost to Pariah :wolf: :dedede:

He picked up Wolf and for some reason, I really cannot handle fighting Wolf at all. He's just a personal bad match up for me and I need some practice against that **** spacie.. I didn't get any matches recorded at all though, ugh.

Top Bottom