• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Congrats on smash director ITT.

This is my last post for real sadly, see everybody at Genesis!

Let us get some Sonic results, huh...

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Thx Kinzer. Also, you guys should go to genesis and fight "King Yoshi" I've been to like 20 tourneys with him and he hates sonic. It'll be hilarious.

Just stumbled on a bunch of old tio files from some old tourneys and realized they never got added to this.

Cleveland Area Smash Tournament
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154608
March 22, 2008
Out of 14
2nd - Ithrowthings (Sonic)

Wal-Mart Tourney
No Thread
March 29th, 2008
Out of 16

University of Akron Tourney
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163021
April 23, 2008
Out of 19

Akron OH tournament and fun times
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169281
May 24, 2008
Out of 14
3rd - Ithrowthings (Sonic)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yea, but i had weeklies from August 08 till May 09, missing maybe 3 that time..

5 2nds (???)
MANY 3rds
MANY 5ths
1 single 7th, never lower

Then, biweeklies

Much the same....

And, i just lost my fiancee, the whole reason i moved to SC (school, fresh start for us). So, im going back to Rockford, IL. Guess i'll have to school all the midwest Sonics a Steak or 2

Inside 2 months, im going back

Hahahahaha! You'll have to make it through Shugo, ITT and yours truly. lol Looking forward to seeing another Sonic wreck some stuff in the MW. Be sure to come to the circuit events.

Browny

Smash Hater
SAGAFEST 2009
ill add thread later
July 11th
out of 25
2nd - DJBrowny (Lucario/Snake/Wario/Sonic)

I used each character pretty much equally except lucario slightly more.
Grand finals was me vs my brother. I felt like going all Sonic against him after my lucario and wario lost in winners bracket lol. I didnt really care if I lost to him (and vice versa) since it means nothing to us :p However the videos should be cool. My Sonic vs his snake was so close each match >100% last stock iirc, I think i lost more than half my stocks to nair :(

Videos were tapes so yay. I got one cool KO. grabbed him over the edge at about 45%, pummel released. grabbed him from the second jump and pummel released again. He DI'd away from the stage and used cypher to C4 recover, I chased him all the way out, ready to footstoll his c4 jump but his c4 was on the stage :p

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good stuff dj, always bringin in the bacon.

Kuraudo, that's the life of a Sonic main. Who all advanced, was it top 3 out of 8 or what was the deal? What spot did you take?

I always take 4th and top 3 advance...ugh...lol

EDIT: Texting Shado. Says he took 2nd in pools and Malcolm took first in his, so they both advance to brackets. Good **** on their part.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In case anyone actually went to AiB to see pools results and all that whatnot, NoR4U didn't make it out of pools either.

As far as I can tell, all we have left is Shado and Malcolm.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
GIMME THE BLUE CHOAS EMERALD! PLEASE!

lol jk. I heard that pools was just crazy for Sonic mains. Why is it always like that? I think we are being set up...

And Espy...Malcolm uses Wario.
He's been using Wario and Sonic at Genesis.

Mother****er lied to us.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
-Kakuna Matata
-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240918
-07-11-09
-33 attendants
-25th out of 33, Excel, Sonic and Fox

More Sonic than Fox. I'm dropping Fox for awhile. I've hit a plateau with him so things haven't been going too well. I'll use him against Olimar and Lucario but I'm using Sonic for everyone else.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kid just doesn't even know use Sonic anyway, he's too busy CPing D3/Fox/all those other characters.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I'm feeling lucky.

I just might be able to pool enough resources to legitimately go to a OOS tourney in a short time. Hopefully I can go to one before the summer ends or at least a good local one. I did win a April tourney which was a bit nice but there are more out there. Now to kill one more problem.

Hey, how is everyone at Genesis doing? Does anyone know?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol actually its kinda funny,

sonic imo should never lose to an ike, but KID and I both lost to the same ike BACK TO BACK

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Did you get anybody good/known in your pool.

Did you manage to beat anybody?
I managed to take matches/beat people a little too late. In other words, when I was warmed up on day 3 when I was booted out of pools of day 2. I got Sean's Meta Knight and T0mmy's R.O.B., there were a couple of others whose names escaped me though, but they had a good Marth and there was another MK as well. After the set that made me no longer advance from pools, I kinda just gave up though... Got a little discouraged, but it happens man. There was a Peach, Diddy, and ZSS that I should have beaten in my pool. But I slipped up, plain and simple. ChuDat encouraged me to keep going though, so I will.

My one friendly match with ShadoFiend though was pretty dang close though. That and he's got a Chaos Emerald now. GO GET 'EM, SON! I almost 2-stocked TC1 with Sonic in our Mario vs. Sonic MM, I went even with him. And I 2-0'd another Mario in a MM as well. Also played good against Vex's Bowser, being able to win against him too in friendlies. Took Dojo's MK to the last stock, and the Sonic ditto with Malcolm was way too fun. I got wrecked by Ally in a $1 MM though. That was too funny how I found myself in a MM with him, but that's a story saved for later. Don't remember his name, but apparently this guy Praxis, someone else came in and Praxis said that his Peach was better, so I faced it and won with Sonic as well. I got Peach experience, so that probably helped.

The one problem with Genesis, for me, was that there was no time for Friendlies and warm-ups. I'll john about that if I did as good as I did on day 3 in MM/Friendlies and whatever. Did good a little too late...

It's not over yet! I'll show you all what I'm made of!

Good games, Sonic crew at Genesis!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I just checked the results.

"Shadowfield" (loooool) made it out of pools but tied for last, 97th

"Malcom" took 33rd

Still, congrats to these two as well as Kuraudo for their accomplishments! Wish I could've been there myself...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
People are going to start l-canceling Malcolm's name now that they got it mixed up.

But anyway I wish I could've been there.

I'll see if I can get a ride to next week's Vegassmash weekly, I thought about coming today but then it would be deserted/everybody would've been too tired to play after Genesis.

I'll call it "making up for Genesis."

Glad to hear people had fun and kicked ***, I wanna see everybody's perspective, mostly "Shadowfield's." LOL. <3

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Malcolm actually busted out Sonic during the tournament and beat Rayku's Lucario, if I recall hearing right.

Let's face it. Malcolm's secondary is Wario. :p

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I knew it would be hard for Malcolm to resist using Sonic against certain players/characters. If people lack the MU experience, it's easier to win considering almost everyone knows how to beat Wario, even if he his far superior as a overall character.

Also lol at Malcolm getting L-Canceled and ShadoFiend recieving it xD

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
i was the first to l cancel, credit to me, memphis, the best
^^This. memphis for best l canceler in brawl?

Malcolm DID use Sonic, but more Wario than Sonic.

@Kuraudo aka K
You should have kept that emerald...I want that blue one. Good stuff rapin though. Taking Dojo to the last stock? thats too good.

And Its not Shadowfield...Its Scourgefiend. Who i am greater than. Sonic>Scourge.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Like on what? You don't need to wait for us to reply BTW, you can just tell us what's up.

NNID
MasterHavik
Well, it's kind of hard to put this. I kind of lie about a few things. But I think you guys are going to hate me for, and pretty kick me out of your section.

For one I didn't have a wii until now.

Second, I jsut got brawl today and I don't even have Sonic.

So, that's pretty much all I wanted to tell ya'll if you guys hate me. Then I'll go somewhere else, and just main Kirby and G&W. And forget I ever knew you guys.

So this might be goodbye.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, you already just come and go as you please tbh, lol

I also doubt anyone cares about you just now getting a wii+brawl
That still doesn't ruin the greatest meme you gave birth too.

NNID
MasterHavik
So you guys don't hate me? I was going to leave if you guys pretty much hated my guts for not telling you this. When I lie people always get mad at me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's the internet bro, people don't really care that much unless you're a troll.

We enjoy your presence, lol it's all good ^_^

NOW GET ON TOPIC!
ʅ(°ɷ°)ɿ ಠ_ಠ ʅ(ಠɷಠ)ɿ

Tenki

Smash Hero
I played pretty ****ing terrible :mad:

I got like 1-2 rounds with Umby, but signups were about to end (it sounded like it?) so I went to sign up. I found ZeonStar so I started playing team friendlies with him on Brawl+.

They announced they were doing a $1 Brawl+ tourney, so I decided to finish the round and kind of got the hang of B+ Sonic and decided to join it.

The main Brawl tourney started in the middle of the B+ tourney.

and it was just nasty :/

I was all trying to U-throw > U-air > ?? a Luigi, and I kept getting D-aired/N-aired out of things. I staled my F-smash at like 100-110%, and I kept trying to D-smash, since Sonic's D-smash is MK-status on B+.

Lost

next round, I played against a Falco/ZSS. On our last match, I'm not sure what happened but I ended up at like 110% on last stock with him at 3 stocks ?

I took him down to middle of last stock and died at like 160%

nasty.

Also, something was up with the B+ brackets, so I had to wait until like, the hour before the store closed before someone finally got up to be my opponent.

At that point, people just wanted it to end, so we did 1 round elimination, 4 stock. I suicided once springing into the bottom of SV and also got gravityraped (think Brawl Ike N-airing on the edge, but replace Ike with Sonic+), so that ended well.

iono, I played really bad. This time around, even in friendlies, I didn't even get any coolawesome kills, and I didn't know wtf I was doing half the time.

:urg:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
But that was just B+....right?

If so who cares.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The losses were in regular brawl.

I was like, trying to pull B+ **** in regular Brawl the match that sent me to losers. The match after that, I just plain failed like, up until the last stock, but got killed before the epic comeback.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Tenki, I didn't play that much better myself lol.

My last match of the tourney was against this Falco/D3/MK

1st round was pretty even with the falco winning at like 100%
2nd round was downright epic when he switched to D3 and I won with game winning fsmash

3rd round just upset me. My opponent cps RC and goes MK. At about half of the match, I was a whole stock ahead but then RC gays me by popping up part of the stage RIGHT WHEN I SPRINGED UP meaning I SD. Then at our last stock we both needed just one more good hit, and I tripped right into a shuttle loop at point blank. FML

My first offline tourney. Really fun, I just had to adapt to the higher level of play pretty quick but I liked it. I'll be attending every monthly that I can now. (btw, I was Sharpie, and the only person there today wearing tripp pants)

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol it's probably the last monthly/waba tourney I'm attending for a while cause school's starting up.

:mad:

what a ****ty way to go down.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh so Sonic-Rave is Sharpie?

kk

And that sucks Tenki, but you kinda had to expect that from being away from Smash for awhile then starting with Brawl+ O_o

Tumby, did you go Martha or Sonic?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Umby went martha with some sonic on the side i believe, every time i saw him he was using marth

luigi is **** in b+

my ganon > tenkis falcon, as proved by my amazing suicide skills

Top Bottom