• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACM Tournaments - Charlotte, NC - March 21, 2009 *Brawl winners get in HERB free

Zamuel

Smash Cadet
Sorry for getting this up so late. Setting up for a three part tournament for MK vs DCU, Brawl, and SFIV and we'll be using a different room than last time. The help from the last event was greatly appreciated and it looks like things will be better setup than last time. The rules are likely to update throughout the week so keep an eye on this.

Saturday, March 21th- 1PM to 9PM. The main events will be our Brawl No Item tournament. Spectators will get in free. Entrants will pay $5 for the host/cover charge while the actual tournament entry fee will be $10 for each game. Bringing your own controller/stick is preferred though some should be available. Full rules and division of winnings outlined below. We will also be selling $1 tickets for our prize drawings where the winners will be able to pick from various gift cards. Tournament entrants get a ticket for the prize drawings free. We'll be selling Papa Johns pizza for $2 a slice and canned sodas for $1 with a dinner deal of 2 slices and a soda for $4.

Any mid round rule changes by entrants are subject to disqualification.

-----

Street Fighter IV - $10

* Double Elimination. 2/3 rounds- 2/3 matches, 3/5 match Winners/Losers Finals, 4/7 match Grand Finals.
* Stages set to random select
* All characters legal
* Button remapping allowed but no button settings outside of the default 6 buttons and 3P/3K
* Prize winning percentages will be 60/30/10 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)

-----

Brawl No Item tournament - $10

•3 Stock, 8 minute timer
•Items are set to "off" and "none"
•All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. The aforementioned finals are best of 5.
•In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
•No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (Dave’s Stupid Rule)
•If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are equal at the end of the match, a 1-stock, 2-minute match will be played with the same characters on the same stage.
•Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
•If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
•You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
•Stalling is banned. (Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)
* In addition to the cash prize, the top 4 players will have the transportation and door+entry fee for HERB's Brawl tournament the following day (tenative, based upon number of entrants)

Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter stages
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens

Banned stages
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

-----

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (Xbox 360) - $10

* Double Elimination. 2/3 rounds- 2/3 matches, 3/5 match Winners/Losers Finals, 4/7 match Grand Finals.
* Stages set to random select
* All infinites BANNED. using an infinite results in a forfeit for that round.
* Superman gets 1 free move after dd4*1+2 but it cannot be another promove ground pound.
* Flash reset is LEGAL but only 1 reset in the combo is allowed. if 2 resets are done then its considered a semi-infinite and you forfeit the round.
* Breaker combos are legal.
* Guaranteed hits/combos off of the unblockable rage activation are legal.
* Instant kill glitch BANNED. using it results in a forfeit for that MATCH.
* ALL characters are legal.
* Winner must keep the character they won with. You can change characters after a loss.

Location and directions

IT Building, Room 4124
Central Piedmont Community College
1201 Elizabeth Ave
Charlotte, NC 28204

Visitor parking is in the new (brick) parking deck next to the bookstore and across the street from the old (concrete) parking deck and the IT building. There is a lot of road construction nearby.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I think the point of this was the people who were going for Brawl only could play at this one too. Not many Melee pros in Charlotte.
You are forgetting about everyone's favorite terrorist "I've Jihad it!"

The thing is most of the brawl PRs are also melee players. Karn, L0zr, PP, Ali, Stingers, Zero, so 6/10? That makes our odds at this event considerable better, especially when I'm pretty sure that NC-Echo and LDPK won't be able to make it out to this.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Good Luck getting Moneys and lose it at HERB too M2K.

Zamuel

Smash Cadet
Updated some things. Primarily, we finally got some kinks worked out so that the top four winners in the Brawl tournament will have the transportation and entry fee covered for HERB's Brawl tournament. It was sort of in planning for a while but the details weren't worked out until recently.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
The Smash community in Charlotte has been kinda dead, so this is us trying to give it a jump-start. Even if we're not that good, no one will be able to get any better if the playing doesn't happen.

lord karn

Smash Master
just come to herb and learn to play melee

and then stay for brawl

seriously, hosting a tournament on the same day as the biggest NC tournament ever is mad lame

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Thats pretty much what I am doing.

So there are cash prizes as well right?

PLEASE BAN SKYWORLD AND MARIO CIRCUIT!

Unless you want me to show you exactly how broken they are (DDD Chaingrab auto kills???)

Fritz~9

Smash Cadet
Corneria
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

IMO all of these should be banned from the counterpick list. But its their tourney so counterpicks galore if we must. But port town aero drive? really....?? car kills ftw

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lolz i want to be at this because i dont have enough money to enter melee at herb

but i mean i cant get there

sorry

BEHR

Smash Hero
This is till really gay that its on one of the Biggest tournaments in NC History next to Jubilles. :l

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
i highly doubt this tourney will affect the attendence at herb. Everyone who is coming to this tourney only plays brawl and will be coming to HERB for brawl anyways. They wouldn't have entered melee in HERB regardless of this tourney.

BEHR

Smash Hero
i highly doubt this tourney will affect the attendence at herb. Everyone who is coming to this tourney only plays brawl and will be coming to HERB for brawl anyways. They wouldn't have entered melee in HERB regardless of this tourney.
It should would have been nice for them to come and play Melee and try to get better at the game.

Top Bottom