• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ace Attorney General Thread - Spirit of Justice is out! Go play it!

§leepy God

Smash Master
Had to format my micro SD card and redownload it, took me a nice time to figure it out, lol. Now I'm ready. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did case 1 yesterday. Pretty decent starting case.
Though... I overthought a lot...

The killer's name is peace, love and understanding.

And I thought I'll be your guide was ridiculous :laugh:
Is that how you pronounce it?
I had a difficult time trying to pronounce it...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Done the first case and I felt it was done pretty well.

Also love how they made intertextual references such as Phoenix Wright saying "I got the chills and they are multiplying" which is based from a Grease song.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Two new 3DS themes are out. One features the game's main characters, and the lower screen is based on the Divination Séance screen:

The other is pixel art, and seems to be based on Athena's case from DD (no screenshot, since I didn't buy it).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Currently playing on the second case:

• I had a funny feeling there was something a bit off from Bonny during the court trial, I knew there had to be another Bonny which turned out that she has a twin named Betty. However at this moment, I generally do not believe that they would murder anyone unless circumstances develop during later scenes.
  • Man, I somehow absolutely despise Roger Retinz's character. But I have a funny feeling he maybe have a huge part of the case considering the fact that he was the one who got Trucy to sign the so-called "autograph" which turned out to be a cruel contract and he has a grudge against the Grammyres.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Since I no longer have functioning piece of hardware, I have watched a walkthrough up to the end of the second case.

Damn. Capcom is laying down a big-ass gun on the market with this one. The cases seem a lot more well-written and thorough than they were in all of the previous games (can't speak for AAI2 yet though); also, the cases (again), the interfaces, the interactions and developments of all kinds... Everything in this episode is more dynamic, more ergonomic, more fluid. They set the stakes very high with just two cases -- hopefully all of this won't be made vain in the later cases and those of GS7.

Regarding case 2:

Anyone else feel like they should have made Betty more like a bull in order to call her Bully and justify her sisterly bullying? Ah, guess that would have been grasping at the low-hanging fruit.

Isn't Reus the only AA villain to have achieved a supposedly perfect crime? His reasoning and his manner of conducting the murder were flawless, I would say -- it was only a twist of fate that its demise would be caused by the mere random mistake of a third-party character which, if I recall, was not aware of his scheme.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've played through the first two cases.

Holy Hell.

This is intense. Even for Ace Attorney series.

I'm enjoying myself.

And wow.

Trucy got some major development. I dig it.

Also, Betty is a tsundere? Do we have our second lesbian character after Aura Blackquill

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Completed Case 3 a few days ago and now working through Case 4.

• I am absolutely loving the use of name based puns such as:
  • Tahrust Imee = Trust in Me
  • Beleeb Imee = Believe in Me
  • Rheel Neh'mu = Real Name
  • Boy, I was literally shocked and surpised with the outcome of the result. Tahrust committed suicide to protect his hide out.
  • Looks like there is more about Apollo's past, it seems that he is adopted by Dhurke and I see that's why Apollo knows Nah'yuta during the end of case 2 as they were related.
  • Although I found the first Divination Seance to be a little bit creepy based on how Lady Kee'ra stabbed Tahrust, I felt this is one of the most interesting cases so far.
  • So far working on Case 4, although I don't think the guy who has 4 characteristic impressions seems responsible for the murder, I get the feeling that the balloon girl may have something to do with the murder.
  • Also nice to see Blackquill siding with Athena.

Last edited:

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Man, super encouraging to see all these positive impressions, definitely need to pick this up in the near future. I liked Dual Destinies for what it was but it hadn't wowed me quite like previous entries. At least I have something to salve the pain from not getting The Great Ace Attorney over here.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Spoilers for things mentioned in Case 5 about Apollo's past:
I don't believe it.

There is no way that Thalassa hasn't revealed herself as Apollo and Trucy's mother, a good 1-2 years after AJ:AA.

I dunno... You'd think she'd say something by now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am at Case 3's trial and I'm wondering if this will be another 1 day trial. I'm not complaining too much because I am more busy than before, but they are giving me a lot of evidence. I'm glad they brought back Maya, but it's a shame that she is arrested for the third time.

Case 2 was pretty good all things considered, though I agree with Apollo by saying that murder was certainly a work of magic. But damn, the developers are really doing their best to make puns for everyone that I'll admit made me laugh. Manov Mistree? Tahrust Inmee? Beh'leeb Inmee? Ahlbi Ur'gaid? :joyful:

One thing I am glad about is that they're referencing older games while bringing back older characters like Maya and Ema. I was happy when they referenced Phoenix's trial as a kid (the trial that influenced him to become a lawyer), when the judge mentioned about a cardboard attorney's badge (Case 3 of T&T), how Phoenix didn't want to cross-examine a dog (I mean, he cross-examined a parrot and an orca :p), and hearing a "remix" of the Steel Samurai theme.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
A random thought I had, which actually comes from something contained within the game itself:

The DC Act is basically responsible for making lawyering a dead profession in Khura'in. But, what happens if someone wants to retain an attorney in a civil case? Or draw up a will? Or, since the Divination Séance only reveals the final memories of a dead person, what if the victim isn't dead (if it's just assault, attempted murder, etc.)? There are all sorts of uses for lawyers, besides defending those accused of murder. Surely they could have just refused to take murder cases, instead of letting themselves lose their careers entirely?

I'm thinking too much about this. It's probably not meant to be taken this seriously. :p

Edit: I wrote up some of my thoughts on the game elsewhere, so I might as well share them here too.

One thing I really like is that they're making much better use of the move to 3D than in DD, which was basically like the original trilogy but with 3D character models; here, you have dynamic camera angles, the characters move around a lot more... we even get a testimony consisting of Trucy performing one of her magic tricks. It all looks great. Unfortunately, it's bogged down by framerate issues a lot of the time. The game's engine in general seems really badly optimised, actually; loading waits are an actual issue, for one, which I don't remember being a thing in DD. I'm told if you have homebrew and run it on a New 3DS at the higher processor speed, the framerate picks up, but you shouldn't need to do that, really. Some of the animations also go on a little too long; Nahyuta's butterfly thing is probably the main offender here. The reason they don't have all the animations smoothly transition into each other is to prevent the flow of the text being interrupted by the animations running on longer than the text, but things like that kill it.

Some of the investigation gimmicks are hit-and-miss. The Divination Séances are interesting; other stuff like fingerprinting, less so. Why in the world is it asking me to dust something massive like a suitcase? The prints are in really arbitrary locations, too. Expecting a suitcase to have prints on the handle? Nope. The locks? Nope. The zips? Nope. At least it provides some good Apollo snark here and there ("got a little too addicted to your precious white powder, did you, Ema?").

One of the main problems I have, though, is something I noticed fairly early on: there's just too much writing. No, wait, come back. By "too much writing", I mean too much needless exposition, and people repeating themselves and each other, and so on. They could cut out like a quarter of the script, and not lose anything of worth. Early on, I figured it was just setting the stage of the Kingdom of Khura'in (which they did do an excellent job with, giving it its own unique culture and everything that goes with it), but when you have people in the Japanifornia cases putting what can easily be described in one textbox into three or four, that's when it becomes a problem. There's also this, which is very much a problem with the Yamazaki games in general:

WITNESS: I didn't leave any prints on the weapon, you can't prove that I did.
PHOENIX: OBJECTION! You say you didn't leave any prints on the weapon?
WITNESS: Yeah, that's right. You got a problem with that?
PHOENIX: Oh, I do. Take a look at this fingerprint data. It states quite clearly, <witness>'s prints found on the handle.
WITNESS: Nghooooooooohhh!

Whereas in the original trilogy, it was more like:
WITNESS: I didn't leave any prints on the weapon, you can't prove that I did.
PHOENIX: OBJECTION! You're lying, dammit! *shoves fingerprint data down witness' throat*

Yamazaki's way is more formal, more "realistic", but that's not what the games are about.

The other main problem, for me, is that the game just tries to do too much, and please too many people (which I was worried about before the game released, once they started confirming stuff like Athena being playable). They have three playable lawyers, each with their own unique gimmicks, loads of returning major characters to fit in, and they try to do it all in five episodes. Ultimately, it all ends up feeling like it's spread way too thin. Most of the returning characters and gimmicks feel underused - which ones depends on who you ask. I might say they didn't use Maya enough, for all the hype around her return, while someone else might say they didn't use Trucy enough (but at least she's a proper character again, and not just a one-pair-of-trick-panties-pony), and they definitely didn't use the Psyche-Locks enough, or well at all - the few times they appear, you already have the evidence you need to unlock them, so there's no gameplay or even narrative significance to them other than arbitrarily locking you out of a certain conversation topic.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I also felt like this game had way too many situations where you have more than one piece of evidence that can work against a witness' testimony, but the game will only accept one. Like, there's one instance where you have to prove that Trucy didn't leave fingerprints on something, and you have in evidence the fingerprint data which states "Trucy left no fingerprints", and the video of the magic show, which shows Trucy wearing gloves - therefore, she couldn't have left fingerprints on anything. The game only accepts the fingerprint data, though. Fair enough, the fingerprint data is the obvious answer, but still. This is really more of a problem with the games' general format, but it seems more prevalent here than before.

I personally didn't think Nahyuta was that great a character. I love his design, and I love the concept behind his design (the idea that his design should "transcend gender", and that he was originally intended to be whatever gender the player thought he was), but as a character, his thing of being an uber-devout Khura'inist, sentencing you to 100 million years of hell for everything you do, constantly deriding the lawyers as "putrid-brained" scum, and "let it go, and move on" every time he points out a flaw in your logic, got old really quickly for me. He has his moments, though, and I liked him more early on.

I'm sure there's more I can talk about, but that's all I have for now.

Overall it's a decent game. Worth the time and money I put into it, at least. I've seen a few people calling it their new favourite, or top 3, but I wouldn't go that far. Top 5, maybe. It has too many flaws to be any higher. It doesn't match up to the original trilogy, but it is at least a big improvement on Dual Destinies. It's worth your time if you're a fan of the series, but it won't convince you if you're not.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just playing on Case 5:

• Pretty much warmed to the development of Rayfa.
  • I'm literally speechless and shocked over the events within the court drama. Can't believe Dhurke actually died.

D

Deleted member

I just did Case 3.
Without spoiling too much, it's a pretty damn good case and it's probably one of my favorites in the series. I can't wait to see what Cases 4 and 5 will bring!
Though, I can't help but think Sahdmadhi will be arrested and Apollo will defend him.
If that's the case, then Capcom really loves doing Edgeworth's story over and over again. I mean, Sahdmadhi and Apollo were brothers (well, step-brothers) and one became a defense attorney and the other a prosecutor, like Phoenix and Edgeworth.
I'm sensing Case 4 will be long to give Athena some time in the limelight, just so Phoenix can have a long case and give Apollo the big ending.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just managed to complete the game.

• So it was Inga who was responsible for the murders of Dhurke and Jove Justice who in turned got murdered by Ga'ran.
  • I knew all along that Nayna had to be the missing queen.
  • It also seems that Apollo remaining in Khu'rain to help rebuild the laws within the country.
  • Also at the credits, I'm guessing Phoenix was talking to Thalissa. I wonder if the the next game will have her unveil the truth to Trucy and Apollo.
  • Overall, I'd say the entire game is pretty good.
  • Anyways, bring on that DLC case.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like everyone else. I also finished Spirit of Justice.

General Thoughts
  • Really Good. Ace Attorney hasn't had a real stinker and this game continues that streak.
  • The game is really good at keeping things tense. The stakes are always high aside from Case 4 which is a nice breather case.
  • The cases were well designed and while I figured the biggest things ahead of time, I still had to think on how to prove it.
  • Insights were a fun new twist and they were enjoyable. Wouldn't mind them coming back some time.
  • Some neat first times for the series, including our first civil case (which turned into a murder).
  • The writing got... lengthy at times. Like, you could sometimes condense a paragraph of text to two or three lines. It could have been cleaned up a bit.
  • There were some really funny lines. I really laughed at a few of them.
  • Music was pretty great. Rayfa's theme and the Revolution theme were among my favorite new peices.
New Characters
  • Rayfa started off as really unlikable but the more you spend time with her, the better she gets. I like the development she had. One of the best main characters.
  • Nayuta went on a little too much about karma and hell and what not but he ended up being fun. He ended up being my least favorite prosecutor though. All the others at least got caught up in the silliness sometime. Nayuta is kind of boring...
  • Dhurke was a really great character and learning that he died actually made my heart sink a little. He was such a likable guy. The best new character, period.
  • Datz was funny and charming.
  • Albhi was a good character. He and Sha'doh had some charm.
  • Ga'ran was a great villain and her utter disregard for people combined with her immense power made her really memorable and thankfully she got what she deserved.
Old Characters
  • This is truly Apollo's time to shine. It seems like such a long time since I played Apollo Justice and ended up not liking him all that much. Dual Destines and this game really made me love him. I'm sad to see him go, but this isn't forever. At least I hope not.
  • Phoenix really showed his talent here. He seemed very competent and he felt like he really was this amazing attorney with a reputation.
  • Athena is still lacking some confidence issues but she's as charming as she always was. I'm hoping that next game we get some more development.
  • Trucy got some much needed development. Holy hell, Trucy is another shining star in this game. She showed just how strong of a character she is. Her capturing the gallery's hearts was one of my favorite parts.
  • Maya didn't get as much screen time as I would have liked but when she was there, she was good. I'm a bit disappointed that she's becoming regulated to "KIDNAP ME" but her conversations with Rayfa really show that she has grown up. She reminds me of Mia now and I think that's awesome. Still, she is now the head of Kurrian Village. Congrats Maya.
  • Simon surprisingly got a lot of attention. He's still his old self but has this new positive air about him. I love his appearance in this game and seeing him take on Nayuta was amazing.
  • Ema is back to her old self again and yet still has some elements of the AJ Ema. That's the best possible thing they could have done with her and I'm glad. She's enjoyable again.
  • Pearl and Edgeworth exist I guess
BRING ON THE DLC!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Like everyone else. I also finished Spirit of Justice.

General Thoughts
  • Really Good. Ace Attorney hasn't had a real stinker and this game continues that streak.
  • The game is really good at keeping things tense. The stakes are always high aside from Case 4 which is a nice breather case.
  • The cases were well designed and while I figured the biggest things ahead of time, I still had to think on how to prove it.
  • Insights were a fun new twist and they were enjoyable. Wouldn't mind them coming back some time.
  • Some neat first times for the series, including our first civil case (which turned into a murder).
  • The writing got... lengthy at times. Like, you could sometimes condense a paragraph of text to two or three lines. It could have been cleaned up a bit.
  • There were some really funny lines. I really laughed at a few of them.
  • Music was pretty great. Rayfa's theme and the Revolution theme were among my favorite new peices.
New Characters
  • Rayfa started off as really unlikable but the more you spend time with her, the better she gets. I like the development she had. One of the best main characters.
  • Nayuta went on a little too much about karma and hell and what not but he ended up being fun. He ended up being my least favorite prosecutor though. All the others at least got caught up in the silliness sometime. Nayuta is kind of boring...
  • Dhurke was a really great character and learning that he died actually made my heart sink a little. He was such a likable guy. The best new character, period.
  • Datz was funny and charming.
  • Albhi was a good character. He and Sha'doh had some charm.
  • Ga'ran was a great villain and her utter disregard for people combined with her immense power made her really memorable and thankfully she got what she deserved.
Old Characters
  • This is truly Apollo's time to shine. It seems like such a long time since I played Apollo Justice and ended up not liking him all that much. Dual Destines and this game really made me love him. I'm sad to see him go, but this isn't forever. At least I hope not.
  • Phoenix really showed his talent here. He seemed very competent and he felt like he really was this amazing attorney with a reputation.
  • Athena is still lacking some confidence issues but she's as charming as she always was. I'm hoping that next game we get some more development.
  • Trucy got some much needed development. Holy hell, Trucy is another shining star in this game. She showed just how strong of a character she is. Her capturing the gallery's hearts was one of my favorite parts.
  • Maya didn't get as much screen time as I would have liked but when she was there, she was good. I'm a bit disappointed that she's becoming regulated to "KIDNAP ME" but her conversations with Rayfa really show that she has grown up. She reminds me of Mia now and I think that's awesome. Still, she is now the head of Kurrian Village. Congrats Maya.
  • Simon surprisingly got a lot of attention. He's still his old self but has this new positive air about him. I love his appearance in this game and seeing him take on Nayuta was amazing.
  • Ema is back to her old self again and yet still has some elements of the AJ Ema. That's the best possible thing they could have done with her and I'm glad. She's enjoyable again.
  • Pearl and Edgeworth exist I guess
BRING ON THE DLC!
One of my favourite things is when Athena comments on what she finds in Trucy's purse in Case 2 :laugh:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One of my favourite things is when Athena comments on what she finds in Trucy's purse in Case 2 :laugh:
The worst part....

Is that my imagination makes it worse than it probably is.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently Athena says in the Japanese version of the game 'don't underestimate her,' or something to that effect.

Really the the only thing I can think of that garner that type of response would be condoms.
It's definitely that.

Phoenix would die if he knew.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Trucy got some major development. I dig it.

Also, Betty is a tsundere? Do we have our second lesbian character after Aura Blackquill
Regarding this:
I'm not so sure myself.

I mean, it's heavily implied she has a thing for Trucy, but nothing is ever explicitly said regarding that, so whether it's only just a fierce rivalry, I don't feel like she exclusively swings that way.

Just my two cents I guess.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Regarding this:
I'm not so sure myself.

I mean, it's heavily implied she has a thing for Trucy, but nothing is ever explicitly said regarding that, so whether it's just a fierce rivalry or she actually is attracted to her, don't feel like she exclusively swings that way.

Just my two cents I guess.
Looking back I jumped the gun there.

What actually got me to think that was...

Apollo's comment.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For those of you unaware, the official Spirit of Justice artbook was released in Japan, and scans are floating around on the internet by now. I haven't got a link of the full collection to hand, but I do have a small selection of pages from it, here (some minor spoilery stuff for episode 5, for those of you who have yet to complete the game): http://imgur.com/a/tFwBX

The full book contains full character art, beta designs, all the artwork from the game, character models, and more. It does also have stuff from the DLC case, so beware of spoilers if you decide to hunt down the full thing.

D

Deleted member

I just finished case 4, which was a lot shorter than I imagined.
I can't help but think this case was mostly filler. I mean, I don't mind that Athena gets some screen time and development (and it was pretty cool to have Blackquill on my side), but I feel like they made this case just to give Athena one before the big finale.

Well... at least I made it to the finale, Case 5: Turnabout Revolution. I wonder how this will go and why Phoenix is the prosecutor in the case (all I can think of is Gavin is somewhere else, Blackquill is somewhere else or is a witness, Sahmadhi is the accused, and Edgeworth is doing his own thing).

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The prosecutor of case 4 states that

Edgeworth has called him in to handle this one case.

I thought said statement foreshadowed an ulterior motive, a key explanation as for why Edgey deemed it required for Nahyuta to be busy with such a minor trial. I thought something big was going on in Khura'in, and Edgeworth and Phoenix, having figured that out (remember how they similarly paired up behind the curtain to undo the dark age of the law), felt that it was necessary to have Nahyuta pulled away from the foreground momentarily in order for them to try and set things right without him interferring.

I also emitted the theory that the storyteller's murder, although seemingly filler at first glance, hid a much shadier business that Nahyuta and Edgey tried to foil (and have it tied to the events of the final case).

Turns out it was all just a major *insert case here* situation.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, yeah I hadn't updated the title or OP in a while.

Both are updated.

D

Deleted member

Well, I just finished the game.
Holy hell. Case 5 was full of twists and turns.
I feel like they had two different case ideas, but they made it into one case. Other than the Founder's Orb, both cases in Case 5 are unrelated.
Regardless, this is one of the best cases in Ace Attorney in my opinion. I feel like the story comes nicely together, Apollo gets some great development, and the ending is pretty good in my opinion. I'm honestly glad Apollo stayed in Khura'in; I feel like it would've been wrong if he went with Phoenix just because he would miss them, even though he is pretty much needed in this rebellion.
Question is though, in the next Ace Attorney, would the game just star Phoenix and Athena, with Apollo making a guest appearance somewhere?
Well... only time will tell. For now, I'm going to take a break from Spirit of Justice and then play through the DLC cases. Case 5 is a pretty damn long case... it took me all day to finish the second day's trial.

BTW, if you present anything to Edgeworth as Phoenix, Edgeworth mentions that he loves to present evidence. But then Phoenix mentions Edgeworth loves doing the same thing... and then mentions that a certain someone will need to have their upcoming payment be revised. :p It's a nice nod to Gumshoe, but I still miss the guy. Hopefully next game...
It's also funny how much of a closet fan Edgeworth is for Steel Samurai.

EDIT: How did I forget this?
Dhurke... man...
First the game made me not like him (Inga is evil and they made him look evil as well), then I understood his goals in Case 3, and then he comes in at Case 5 and demonstrates how great of a father and lawyer he is. Then I find out he's dead all along? Such a sad end...

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's Thursday over here, so that means it's finally DLC case time! Can't wait to see how Larry's changed in the last several years since we last saw him. My money's on "not at all".

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So everyone!

What's your personal list for prosecutors from best to worst?

Mine is...

1. Franziska
2. Edgeworth
3. Blackquil
4. Klavier
5. Godot
6. Nayuta

Only one of those I don't like is Nayuta.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
In terms of most competent, and effectiveness as a rival:

1. Manfred von Karma
2. Edgeworth
3. Blackquill
4. Franziska
5. Nahyuta
6. Klavier (He helps the defence way too much. Doesn't make him a bad prosecutor, per se, but makes him less threatening as a rival.)
7. Godot (The only thing he ever does is "where's your evidence, Trite?")

And for what it's worth...
8. Gaspen Payne
9. Winston Payne

In terms of characterisation:
1. Edgeworth
2. Godot
3. Klavier (As much as I dislike AA4, I love Klavier as a character)
4. Manfred von Karma
5. Blackquill
6. Franziska
7. Nahyuta (Love his design, though)

Though 4-6 is pretty close-run for me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually...

Before I forget.

Has anyone ever played Ace Attorney Online?

Haven' played 5 or 6 soooo

1. Edgeworth
2. Edgeworth
3. Edgeworth
4. Franziska
5. Klavier
6. Godot
7. Manfred
8. Winston Payne
9. Gaspen Payne

:061:

D

Deleted member

Quick question: Are the Asinine Attorney DLC actual cases / episodes or no?
I just downloaded the special episode and it's about 80 times bigger in blocks than both Asinine Attorneys.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Quick question: Are the Asinine Attorney DLC actual cases / episodes or no?
I just downloaded the special episode and it's about 80 times bigger in blocks than both Asinine Attorneys.
They're fairly short, non-canon joke episodes that last about 30 minutes to an hour each, and also come bundled with 3DS home menu themes (the themes can be said to be half the value of the downloads, rather than free bonuses). Phoenix's is the shorter of the two, but comes with the better theme in my opinion. Each one consists of two simple cross-examination segments, and a few other simple "present evidence" questions, and not much more in terms of gameplay - the whole point of them is that they're jokes, not meant to be taken seriously at all.

Top Bottom