• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Zero

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
He didn't make a mistake, he did what he did knowingly and tried to cover it up until he was backed into a corner.
Yeah in the eyes of the law, what Zero did was wrong. She told him how old she was and he still persisted. So yeah he has no defense since he knew it was wrong since he tried to lie about it. He understood the consequences of his actions.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Check EE's latest videos
IIRC he was talking about potentially continuing content creation once he felt more comfortable doing so. I'm guessing he's now doing so on Instagram it seems.

If you mean back in the Smash scene then no is the correct answer.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Yeah Zero is pretty much Smash sponsor poison. Even if he did go back to Smash he wouldn't be invited to any tournaments.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Yeah Zero is pretty much Smash sponsor poison. Even if he did go back to Smash he wouldn't be invited to any tournaments.
Plus he would be harassed if he ever did try to go back, and probably get death threats and stuff. That’s mainly why I don’t want him back, it would only result in more pain for him. Now don’t get me wrong, he did a pretty terrible thing, but he doesn’t deserve to get that sort of stuff.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Finally! The man speaks. About Zero you ask? He's human after all! I wish he'd been able to do this quicker but alas we all fall down and take however long to put ourselves back together. Since he's got PR rep he's basically gonna be judged on views and Twitter explosions but I for one am glad he's healthy and moving on with aims toward success and I hope whomever out there still feels hurt over what he did to them get the closure they need. If those two things are mutually exclusive, we'll see?

Edit

Nah, I said this before and I will say again. If this dude just comes back to community like it was nothing doing videos and community welcomes him with open arms, It just proves that Nintendo has the worse community in gaming, if not probably top 5 in media.

Only here can a criminal can walk back like it's nothing.
You, sir have missed a crucial point as is the American saying Innocent until Proven Guilty means suspend judgment until. Until when? Dunno.... They just exonerated two of X's assassins! This stuff happens so often it's chance that it happens to high-profile people not that it happens at all, that's gotta be expected.

It is 99.9 % right to question everything regarding what happened and it's also worth investing time to hear his story because there are always two sides to it and we've been heavily lopsided by virtue of the situation in terms of available information.

If memory serves, he wasn't accused of doing anything outright illegal, but just being generally pretty ****ty to some women in the scene. Either way, it really isn't that good a look if people are welcoming his return with open arms.
I think in hindsight many people will think they over reacted. If not they're ignoring an important aspect of the situation.

I read somewhere that he was asking a 14 year old girl to send him a video performing a sexually explicit activity. I have no idea whether that’s true or not. You can’t believe everything you see on the internet. I generally try not to pay too much attention to stories like that because I don’t want to jump to conclusions if I don’t actually know whether it’s true.
This.

Unfortunately, some may welcome him back, without thinking about it at all and not knowing what he did was not okay. I am sure plenty of people will see through what he said and are smarter to know how bad what he did was. Regardless, ZeRo does not deserve to come back to this community. His wanting to come back shows how desperate he is to do so, I believe.
I see it as a composed (as in competent, mentally) - set the record straight - as befitting a fallen smash God. I will take him at his word and when news of the lawsuit is released and he either wins because it's true he was canceled out of some agenda or he loses because he a pedophile then boom. Answered and by all accounts on anyone siding any way. I choose to speculate cause you lot are like the borg :4pacman:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Finally! The man speaks. About Zero you ask? He's human after all! I wish he'd been able to do this quicker but alas we all fall down and take however long to put ourselves back together. Since he's got PR rep he's basically gonna be judged on views and Twitter explosions but I for one am glad he's healthy and moving on with aims toward success and I hope whomever out there still feels hurt over what he did to them get the closure they need. If those two things are mutually exclusive, we'll see?

Edit

You, sir have missed a crucial point as is the American saying Innocent until Proven Guilty means suspend judgment until. Until when? Dunno.... They just exonerated two of X's assassins! This stuff happens so often it's chance that it happens to high-profile people not that it happens at all, that's gotta be expected.

It is 99.9 % right to question everything regarding what happened and it's also worth investing time to hear his story because there are always two sides to it and we've been heavily lopsided by virtue of the situation in terms of available information.

I think in hindsight many people will think they over reacted. If not they're ignoring an important aspect of the situation.

This.

I see it as a composed (as in competent, mentally) - set the record straight - as befitting a fallen smash God. I will take him at his word and when news of the lawsuit is released and he either wins because it's true he was canceled out of some agenda or he loses because he a pedophile then boom. Answered and by all accounts on anyone siding any way. I choose to speculate cause you lot are like the borg :4pacman:
Technically, he IS a fallen Smash god. Though I heard news on what he did back then, I can't say I can say much more. Never cared much about him, or the Smash competitive community in general.

SKX31

Smash Master
If memory serves, he wasn't accused of doing anything outright illegal, but just being generally pretty ****ty to some women in the scene. Either way, it really isn't that good a look if people are welcoming his return with open arms.
I read somewhere that he was asking a 14 year old girl to send him a video performing a sexually explicit activity. I have no idea whether that’s true or not. You can’t believe everything you see on the internet. I generally try not to pay too much attention to stories like that because I don’t want to jump to conclusions if I don’t actually know whether it’s true.
You do you, then. Still, whatever ZeRo did, can't be anything good.

I remember hearing Sakurai did not want a competitive scene in the Smash games. Now I don't blame him, for he must be embarrassed that not only there is one, which was inevitable, by the way, but he has to see the news about what some do in the competitive Smash community.
Yeah, the girl in question - Katie - came forward with screenshots last year when the whole shebang blew up (which are from 2014).

It's worth remembering that during 2014 he was considered a dominant force in Brawl and Project M; that momentum would carry over to Smash 4, where he started 2014 and 2015 with winning 56 straight tournaments. He had the social power afforded by that (and the resultant parlaying into becoming a Youtuber). And he later admitted to it... although he recently decided to metaphorically screw the pooch by claiming innocence together with Technicals without even bothering to adress Katie's allegations and instead attacking miscellaneous straw arguments.

Also, Nintendo and Sakurai didn't know about this - ZeRo was invited to both Smash 4's and Ultimate's respective pre-release invitationals.

Regardless, he remains on the TO's (tournament organizers) curated Global Ban Database alongside a lot of the other players and commentators caught in this. I strongly doubt he'll be lifted from the Ban Database since the reception to his return and everything has been mostly negative. He and Technical have not handled this situation anywhere near well for instance.

*(Tweets deleted alongside the account, but he posted a "I have to come clean" post here in the aftermath. Which he proceded to undermine by the recent actions. Yay.)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, the girl in question - Katie - came forward with screenshots last year when the whole shebang blew up (which are from 2014).

It's worth remembering that during 2014 he was considered a dominant force in Brawl and Project M; that momentum would carry over to Smash 4, where he started 2014 and 2015 with winning 56 straight tournaments. He had the social power afforded by that (and the resultant parlaying into becoming a Youtuber). And he later admitted to it... although he recently decided to metaphorically screw the pooch by claiming innocence together with Technicals without even bothering to adress Katie's allegations and instead attacking miscellaneous straw arguments.

Also, Nintendo and Sakurai didn't know about this - ZeRo was invited to both Smash 4's and Ultimate's respective pre-release invitationals.

Regardless, he remains on the TO's (tournament organizers) curated Global Ban Database alongside a lot of the other players and commentators caught in this. I strongly doubt he'll be lifted from the Ban Database since the reception to his return and everything has been mostly negative. He and Technical have not handled this situation anywhere near well for instance.

*(Tweets deleted alongside the account, but he posted a "I have to come clean" post here in the aftermath. Which he proceded to undermine by the recent actions. Yay.)
Well, he can't just try to make a comeback like he did, and expect people to just forget about it and forgive him after what he did. Now, I would never do such a thing like what he did, but if I were him, I'd honestly come clean and admit to my faults and face the consequences. It would be scary, but admitting is better than lying. Obviously, I am not him, but you see what I mean, right?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On one hand, I don't get why he's suddenly shifting gears and flipping the script. On the other hand, Technicals is pretty reputable imo, also we share a common interest in ****ing despising ESAM. I would have to see the entire thing to have a full opinion on whether or not I find his claims either believable or warranted to be accepted back by everyone. I mean, it happened to Nairo. If it happens to ZeRo too, I wouldn't be surprised.

Again, I'd have to watch the video and see what "evidence" was scoured and "dug up" before I personally put a voice on the matter. I'm not going to raise my pitchfork immediately and then advocate for peace on someone else's end. I don't wanna be put in some dude's cringe compilation followed by "so much for the tolerant left" or something. :nifty:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh look my first and perhaps only post in this subforum

I’m not sure how to feel about ZeRo returning as I don’t believe he’s completely innocent

but I do know that Jisu and Leffen are disgusting manipulative assholes

Jisu’s just a terrible person in general it seems like, being abusive to others supposedly because she was abused herself. Doesn’t justify her in the slightest. Also she makes NFTs now so there’s even more reason to hate her.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m willing to make a slow development into trusting Zero again

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Oh look my first and perhaps only post in this subforum
Hopefully not your last!

I’m not sure how to feel about ZeRo returning as I don’t believe he’s completely innocent

but I do know that Jisu and Leffen are disgusting manipulative assholes

Jisu’s just a terrible person in general it seems like, being abusive to others supposedly because she was abused herself. Doesn’t justify her in the slightest. Also she makes NFTs now so there’s even more reason to hate her.
What is NFT?

About him I stopped keeping up after he went dark cause I figured it was gonna go 2 ways he'd run and get caught / dead or he'd resurface with an explanation.

Either way he definitely got busted wide open when that **** went down and he's like Ohhhh F.

Whatever it was I hope it comes out eventually even if it be all Dateline and stuff. He's extremely confident in his statement of innocence on all counts that he specified but that is prepared language (he dipped his eyes once when he explained his confession away to mentally unfit decision making. That's a tell in psychoanalytic terms usually meaning guilt or shame.

It's something Dr drew or whatever could eat for a nighttime Emmy.

But if the answer doesn't surface before too long people won't forget he's not off the hook unlike other Comeback smash pros.

Btb am I the only one who thought Gee his head looks like Darth Vadar without the face plate.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh lord I forget how funny I find Technicals, the Diddy joke around 17:00 had me dying.

Anyways, ZeRo just needs time to get settled back in. Time heals all wounds, believe me. I see one instance where ZeRo had actually ****ed up, and it's the one where he vehemently agrees it was the wrong course of action. A singular time seven years ago that has, since then and has proven to be since then, not been repeated. Of course, that one time is all it takes to get an entirely different perspective on the guy, me included. However, don't forget what I just said: time heals all wounds. Was it bad? Yes. Was it wrong? Yes. Did he say it was wrong and admit he was wrong? Yes, but of course everyone's gonna say that, so we need to get to my point. Did he do anything more in future actions, with provided evidence? After throwing out and discarding every lie or every exaggeration... No. He didn't.

Cancel culture is terrible and was at its absolute worst last year imo. I wish the worst upon Jisu and Leffen, or anyone else who would instigate such terrible claims on a whim and unapologetically target/shun someone out of the fundamentals you need to live. A false accusation can ruin a life, and it almost took one twice. I do not care if that is harsh to wish upon them; you are just as harsh if you had actively participated in cancel culture.

If you still despise ZeRo, and you're invested in the Smash Bros. competitive scene, here's a question using my favorite example. If you could vouch for ESAM and forgive him for the multiple acts of racism he had done in the past, the same that he says he vilifies and regrets, you could do the same for ZeRo on the account of the one legitimate action seven years ago. The question is — Why haven't you? Nairo was accepted, and his allegations are so, so much worse than ZeRo's. And yet somehow everyone's trying to gatekeep ZeRo like he actually did worse because of a claim that is now debunked and ignored by anyone who created said claim when asked why they lied. So why? What's so bad about him? Tell me. I am dying to know why you are so hesitant to welcome someone back when the community has already accepted people on a similar caliber.

tl;dr yeah he can play smash, who cares? he checks out. :^)

What is NFT?
Non-Fungible Token. You pay with cryptocurrency for a blockchain link, which is typically art or sometimes other forms of digital media, which verifies and timestamps your purchase and your legitimacy to the product. It's become popular because those specific cryptocurrency models sell for, in USD, thousands to millions in worth.

For example,

1637281421784.png

This is worth 605 ETH, or Etherium. In USD, that's $4,000. Yes, for that .png. Isn't it nuts? It's been in hot water for tons of scams and just being seen as a terrible investment by most people, but there's a dedicated fanbase of "investors" for it. They mostly just want to cash in like everyone else, though.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Non-Fungible Token. You pay with cryptocurrency for a blockchain link, which is typically art or sometimes other forms of digital media, which verifies and timestamps your purchase and your legitimacy to the product. It's become popular because those specific cryptocurrency models sell for, in USD, thousands to millions in worth.

For example,

View attachment 338124

This is worth 605 ETH, or Etherium. In USD, that's $4,000. Yes, for that .png. Isn't it nuts? It's been in hot water for tons of scams and just being seen as a terrible investment by most people, but there's a dedicated fanbase of "investors" for it. They mostly just want to cash in like everyone else, though.
Dang. That's a lot of money for a whatever that is. It looks simple but crypto currency makes my brain hurt.

On topic I watched the video by technicals and was not put off by it so his detractors should there be any I know not of why they feel this way. But I am open to learning about it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On topic I watched the video by technicals and was not put off by it so his detractors should there be any I know not of why they feel this way. But I am open to learning about it.
Technicals is truthful on many things; mainly the hypocrisy within the competitive scene. That's always been the most aggravating thing imo. I saw someone advocating for ZeRo's ban, but wanted Nario unbanned still (despite more severe incidents) simply because they liked him. bruh

Technicals believes ZeRo should still be banned from competitive play but not from content creation. That in part I do disagree with. The legitimate incident from way back when was confirmed and would warrant a ban, but we've also seen how he's interacted with minors years later, and within those past five years, we've seen no claims, reports, or incidents. In fact, we've only heard nothing but good things about their time with ZeRo as they collaborated. We also know that during the original incident that he was unaware of correct customs and culture as explained by his place of origin and childhood history. That doesn't excuse his actions, do not misunderstand; it only explains them. However, if he were truly dangerous in events, we would've seen repeat incidents. He learned it was wrong and he never did it again. An ignorant terrible mistake rather than a malicious one. In my eyes, he is no danger to anyone in any future Smash events.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Technicals is truthful on many things; mainly the hypocrisy within the competitive scene. That's always been the most aggravating thing imo. I saw someone advocating for ZeRo's ban, but wanted Nario unbanned still (despite more severe incidents) simply because they liked him. bruh

Technicals believes ZeRo should still be banned from competitive play but not from content creation. That in part I do disagree with. The legitimate incident from way back when was confirmed and would warrant a ban, but we've also seen how he's interacted with minors years later, and within those past five years, we've seen no claims, reports, or incidents. In fact, we've only heard nothing but good things about their time with ZeRo as they collaborated. We also know that during the original incident that he was unaware of correct customs and culture as explained by his place of origin and childhood history. That doesn't excuse his actions, do not misunderstand; it only explains them. However, if he were truly dangerous in events, we would've seen repeat incidents. He learned it was wrong and he never did it again. An ignorant terrible mistake rather than a malicious one. In my eyes, he is no danger to anyone in any future Smash events.
Even if he was unbanned… he would never get invited. He is sponsor poison more deadly than cyanide. Let’s say that he did get invited, though. People will get angry at the TO’s and start a controversy, leading to most other players invited not participating because they don’t want to get involved in the controversy. As well as the fact that many people will try to say they were abused in order to cause more of a ruckus, such as in the Mew2king issue where he had to clear his name.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Even if he was unbanned… he would never get invited. He is sponsor poison more deadly than cyanide. Let’s say that he did get invited, though. People will get angry at the TO’s and start a controversy, leading to most other players invited not participating because they don’t want to get involved in the controversy. As well as the fact that many people will try to say they were abused in order to cause more of a ruckus, such as in the Mew2king issue where he had to clear his name.
I mean technicals video is pretty much an explanation why I don't think any past transgressors will be able to go to live tournaments for a while if ever again but being back on social media is inevitable unless it's under strict penalty by court judgment so it comes down to the subscribers at this point.

The greater message I take away is that within groups there's a chance you'll run into sub groups and if you aren't ready you can be exposed to things that are not in your comfort zone. Those things aren't illegal necessarily as I refer to the example of joining a sandbox while mothers blab and wierd lookin baby fat face flicked sand in my eye waaah

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
I'm an eye for an eye kind of person. i believe the punishment received should fit the damage caused. In this case, lets be real here, what kind of suffering the did the victim really go through? she got asked for some dirty pics by some weirdo on the phone. i doubt that traumatized her or ruined her life. how many years of therapy did she have to go through to recover from this? I don't even like zero but the age of consent in chile is 14 right? Everyone is all like "he knew what he was doing was wrong!" but did he really at the time? I dunno, i'm just not really on the side of destroying someone's life over something that ultimately never actually hurt anyone.

Last edited:

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
Mmmmm... I suppose he has left the scene publicly, not just smash. Idk, I doubt this is a hiatus, but whatever he's doing I hope he finds some resolve and reasons to be content and move on with his life.

Xfire

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7577-9083-5019
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It looks like Gonzalo and Jacqueline finally reached a settlement in court. Gonzalo admitted that he was acting like a creep to Jacqueline, while Jacqueline admitted that she falsely accused Gonzalo of abusing Vanessa (his now wife). It also lead to Jacqueline removing her Google Doc detailing what happened during Sky's house.

Honestly, this gives mixed feelings to me. While it's great that they settled this in a court of law, Gonzalo posted a tweet joking about inviting banned players to his tournament series, three days after announcing their settlement.
Between this and how pushy he and his wife has been (they posted tons of family pictures on social media, hours after Tech made that "Truth" video), it's giving me a weird feeling considering the Katie accusation still hasn't gotten closure and he's particularly evasive with that topic.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Agreed on the weird feeling. I guess it would depend on which players, but making light of it in that way really rubs me the wrong way. A lot of them had good reason to be banned.
Same here. I can't say that those banned players, or many banned players should come back, after what was said that they did. With that, I am sure some of them did what they were accused of, but still...I could be wrong on that.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ad Hom
First of all, this:

People throw the word pedofile around a lot. Whenever someone tries to bring some kind of nuance into the discussion it's there: "You are defending a pedophile". The problem being you don't really seem to know what pedophilia actually is and you don't seem to understand what you are doing throwing the word around. You drain it of it's actual meaning.

What Zero did does not constitute pedophilia. That's not up for discussion. At all. What he did constitutes hebephilia. At worst. And even that is stretching it considering how young Zero was at the time. You act like the american views about sex and ages of consent are objective truth; they are not.
is defending pedophilia. You sound like some libertarian trying to justify thirsting over a 15 year old.

Secondly, I read about what Zero did -- he showed hentai to several underage girls, one as young as 14, when he was 19. Which is wrong, period. 19 year olds know right from wrong and are legal adults. They don't get treated with kid gloves because they are not kids. They are adults.

In Zero's confession, he spoke of an incident with another girl that no one else knew about before, so any accusations about people lying about him or exaggerating the seriousness of his actions do not hold water.

And for him and you to try to parade around his own troubles, heartache, abuse and suffering to try to emotionally manipulate people into feeling bad for him or to do what you want us to do -- absolve him of responsibility for his actions, and that is what you're doing no matter how much of a show you put on -- is absolutely unacceptable. You're better than this.

Finally:

One lesson cancel culture has taught me is that being a victim does not give you an inherent moral high ground. People say some utterly horrific things about those who have done wrong doings and get away with it under the pretence of "karma". We should hold people responsible without having to end their carrer or fantastise about running them over or punching them in the balls. Retribution hurts everybody - if you don't let people change, there will be less good people and more suffering in the world. All retribution does is give a brief, ecstatic buzz of "justice" having been served, like a 5-year old's sugar rush after 90 grams of M&Ms - but it will never help anyone change, or protect anyone from the actions of those we want gone.
This is the attitude that caused the #MeToo movement to become a thing in the first place.

We live in a society that practices retributive justice because we are a nation of laws that treats everyone equally regardless of circumstance, and that means no matter what kind of a person you are or how much you've changed, you have to face the consequences. That is literally what justice means.

And just because that makes you feel bad or hurt or upset doesn't mean it is wrong. Even the claim that retribution hurts everybody is wrong because it doesn't, it clearly benefits the victims of this sort of thing which is why people support it to begin with.

Whether someone changes or not is irrelevant, the community has the right to put its own interests above those that harm or threaten innocent people, and those people have to accept that once you do certain things, it can never be undone, and your life will be changed forever as a result. And if they truly did change, they wouldn't whine or cry about it or demand to have everything they rightfully lost returned to them. The loss is the point. If you do something wrong, you lose your privileges. That's how a functional society works.

Zero rightfully suffered as a result of his own actions and telling the rest of us that no one should have to is what actually harms society, because it disincentivizes people from following the rules or respecting others' rights, disincentivizes victims from wanting to participate knowing they could be abused at any time with no real meaningful consequences, and fosters the very violence, destruction and pain apologists claim justice causes.

Zero needs to go find something better to do with his life regardless of any repentance on his part and so do the other pedophile apologists in the thread.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Stop using words incorrectly please. Look up definitions before you throw them around. Also don't mix up social retribution and the justice system.

No one here is a pedophilia apologist. Not even a hebephilia apologist. No one thinks what Zero did is ok.

Moreover, 19 is super young. You are not an adult at 19. If you don't know this you are either in denial or just very young yourself.

Everything you brought to the table with your post has already been repudiated.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Stop using words incorrectly please. Look up definitions before you throw them around. Also don't mix up social retribution and the justice system.

No one here is a pedophilia apologist. Not even a hebephilia apologist. No one thinks what Zero did is ok.

Moreover, 19 is super young. You are not an adult at 19. If you don't know this you are either in denial or just very young yourself.

Everything you brought to the table with your post has already been repudiated.
No, you all demanding Zero be absolved of responsibility for his actions and reintegrated into the community, so you can go back to watching his content since you clearly value that over the well-being and safety of his victims and the community, tells us all we need to know.

Thankfully we live in the 21st century and you're not actually going to get what you want. And you never should, because you are clearly pedophilia apologists and are clearly morally bankrupt.

Calling pedophilia hebephilia is a classic pedo apologist tactic. It literally doesn't matter. His victims were under 18 and he wasn't. Zero is a legal adult and bears the responsibilities of legal adults which means not taking advantage of people younger than he is, and you, quite frankly, need to learn the same.

You bandying about semantical arguments to emotionally manipulate people to convince the community to accept the behavior, including other younger and more impressionable under-18s on the boards by the way, is not only morally wrong and abhorrent but, quite frankly, abusive behavior. You and I know exactly what you're doing, and it is wrong. You've no business defending adults taking advantage of under-18s simply because they're teenagers. You are being discriminatory, predatory, and cruel. Find something better to do with your life.

Last edited:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
No, you all demanding Zero be absolved of responsibility for his actions and reintegrated into the community, so you can go back to watching his content since you clearly value that over the well-being and safety of his victims and the community, tells us all we need to know.

Thankfully we live in the 21st century and you're not actually going to get what you want. And you never should, because you are clearly pedophilia apologists and are clearly morally bankrupt.

Calling pedophilia hebephilia is a classic pedo apologist tactic. It literally doesn't matter. His victims were under 18 and he wasn't. Zero is a legal adult and bears the responsibilities of legal adults which means not taking advantage of people younger than he is, and you, quite frankly, need to learn the same.

You bandying about semantical arguments to emotionally manipulate people to convince the community to accept the behavior, including other younger and more impressionable under-18s on the boards by the way, is not only morally wrong and abhorrent but, quite frankly, abusive behavior. You and I know exactly what you're doing, and it is wrong. You've no business defending adults taking advantage of under-18s simply because they're teenagers. You are being discriminatory, predatory, and cruel. Find something better to do with your life.
I'm not calling pedophilia hebephilia, I'm calling hebephilia hebephilia. Misusing words and relying on arbitrarily drawn lines in order to make categorical judgments is a classic "I don't want to look at the situation I just want to condemn"-tactic. You are the one misusing terms, so you are not really in a position to cry semantics, it's the other way around. You rely on semantics.

You and I both know what you are doing and that's going into full ad hominem mode. You obviously don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to watch Zero's channel. I never watched it. I thought Zero had a really annoying personality. We do live in the 21st century, but it's hard to believe that sometimes. Your sense of justice seems more aligned with bygone days.

Who am I discriminating against btw? Who am I predating? Who am I abusing? Why do you think that questioning the level of ostracizing inflicted on one person for something he did when he was a teenager is the same as defending said action? Can't you see there's an issue when you can't talk about things without having people go haywire like you are right now?

I'm 32 years old. I was by no means an adult when I was 19, and neither were any of my friends. We were still very impulsive and stupid and inexperienced and inept. And yet we were legal adults. Those facts coexist, the fact that we were legal adults doesn't cancel out the fact that we were still stupid teenagers. You need to get this straight, because your usage of the term legal adult is another example of you relying on semantics in order to ignore relevant information.

I don't think I'm going to respond to you anymore unless you bring something to the table.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm not calling pedophilia hebephilia, I'm calling hebephilia hebephilia.
And that is pedophile apologia, and it has no place on a board with under-18s on it. Children or teenagers.

You have no business using semantical argument to try to bait and switch people into condoning or defending not only what Zero did but that kind of behavior at all, period. You don't get to minimize what happened or imply that it is not as serious as it is by trying to swap in a different name like you work for a PR agency. Some of us are adults. We know what you're doing. And it is unbecoming not only of anyone here on the boards, but any human of decency.

And we both know almost everything else you said is a lie, because you wouldn't be here fervently defending Zero's actions if you were telling the truth. For you, this is not just about Zero, but about defending preying upon under-18s, and using every manipulative trick in the book to convince yourself and everyone else that what you're doing is okay when it is not. And we know you're itching to try to change the subject to the semantics of pedophilia vs. hebephilia because in your mind, that does make it okay, and will help you get your foot in the door to convincing everyone else, and that's not going to work at all. Not while I'm here.

That kind of behavior destroys lives. Destroys the adults those kids could have been. And you ought to be ashamed of yourself using cheap used car salesman tactics to try to minimize it. Have some empathy for the lives you're trying to justify ruining.

Last edited:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
No that is not "pedophile apologia", youre just making things up, creating your own rulebook to suit your purpose. My behavior is destroying lives? No it's not. Hysteria does destroy lives though. Can you calm down and try to make some sense?

This is your third post now in a short time that's written in a hysterical tone and littered with insults. You need to be able to talk about stuff even when in disagreement.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
or you, this is not just about Zero, but about defending preying upon under-18s, and using every manipulative trick in the book to convince yourself and everyone else that what you're doing is okay when it is not.
That kind of behavior destroys lives. Destroys the adults those kids could have been. And you ought to be ashamed of yourself using cheap used car salesman tactics to try to minimize it. Have some empathy for the lives you're trying to justify ruining.
My dude, you're the only one who is emotionally manipulating here. Not to mention that you're just plain wrong about the facts of this case. I was going to summarize everything for you since you clearly haven't been paying attention, but then I stumbled upon ZeRo's video about the outcome of his legal proceedings towards his accusers. I'll even link it here for you so you can see for yourself what's been going on.

If you refuse to watch it I'll even summarize the main points for you:

• He and Jisu resolved their dispute and mutually wish to put this behind them
  • His legal team tried to contact "Katie" in order to resolve the matter and believe "Katie" is avoiding them
  • He denies "her" allegations of solicitation and reiterates that there is no evidence corroborating "her" allegations
  • He claims to have further evidence that he is reserving for legal action in the event "Katie" comes back
  • He reiterates he didn't desire to return to community events before and he definitely does not want to now
  • He claims community leadership is harassing other members from associating with him under threats of bans

Sounds very much like everyone involved has directly stated or implied that they wish to move on. ZeRo has done everything in his power to resolve all the grievances and allegations towards him and I can't help but notice the continuing trend of alleged victims shying away from an actual legal battle. If the alleged victims don't actually want to litigate their accusations, ZeRo doesn't actually want to return to community events, and community leaders have made their final decision in regards to his ban, I'm not really sure what else there is to discuss. By virtue of the fact that nobody here in this thread has any of the sway you seem to be implying they have in these matters, and those who do have already spoken and made decisions, it seems pretty pointless to continue litigating this topic.

I would personally suggest respecting the wishes of everyone involved and moving on. I don't know what you thought to accomplish by dredging up a topic that ended any fruitful discussion a year ago and accusing people of providing cover for child exploitation, but it isn't achieving anything of value like you think it is. Nothing productive came out of this mess and a whole lot of people got hurt in the process. Nobody went to jail, all of the alleged predators are still at large, the alleged victims came out of this looking like horrible people, and what was exposed wasn't the incredibly opaque and murky "evidence" of the alleged crimes, but the clear bias from the community leadership towards their moneymakers versus those they deem irrelevant to the corporate structure that now dominates video games.

There is certainly a conversation to be had about how community leadership seems biased towards protecting certain profitable bad actors and willing to throw has beens under the bus, as well as how the whole episode seemed like a cynical opportunity to take down rivals and protect the corporate structure, but I think as far as ZeRo is concerned there's nothing left to discuss.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
My dude, you're the only one who is emotionally manipulating here. Not to mention that you're just plain wrong about the facts of this case. I was going to summarize everything for you since you clearly haven't been paying attention, but then I stumbled upon ZeRo's video about the outcome of his legal proceedings towards his accusers. I'll even link it here for you so you can see for yourself what's been going on.

If you refuse to watch it I'll even summarize the main points for you:

• He and Jisu resolved their dispute and mutually wish to put this behind them
  • His legal team tried to contact "Katie" in order to resolve the matter and believe "Katie" is avoiding them
  • He denies "her" allegations of solicitation and reiterates that there is no evidence corroborating "her" allegations
  • He claims to have further evidence that he is reserving for legal action in the event "Katie" comes back
  • He reiterates he didn't desire to return to community events before and he definitely does not want to now
  • He claims community leadership is harassing other members from associating with him under threats of bans

Sounds very much like everyone involved has directly stated or implied that they wish to move on. ZeRo has done everything in his power to resolve all the grievances and allegations towards him and I can't help but notice the continuing trend of alleged victims shying away from an actual legal battle. If the alleged victims don't actually want to litigate their accusations, ZeRo doesn't actually want to return to community events, and community leaders have made their final decision in regards to his ban, I'm not really sure what else there is to discuss. By virtue of the fact that nobody here in this thread has any of the sway you seem to be implying they have in these matters, and those who do have already spoken and made decisions, it seems pretty pointless to continue litigating this topic.

I would personally suggest respecting the wishes of everyone involved and moving on. I don't know what you thought to accomplish by dredging up a topic that ended any fruitful discussion a year ago and accusing people of providing cover for child exploitation, but it isn't achieving anything of value like you think it is. Nothing productive came out of this mess and a whole lot of people got hurt in the process. Nobody went to jail, all of the alleged predators are still at large, the alleged victims came out of this looking like horrible people, and what was exposed wasn't the incredibly opaque and murky "evidence" of the alleged crimes, but the clear bias from the community leadership towards their moneymakers versus those they deem irrelevant to the corporate structure that now dominates video games.

There is certainly a conversation to be had about how community leadership seems biased towards protecting certain profitable bad actors and willing to throw has beens under the bus, as well as how the whole episode seemed like a cynical opportunity to take down rivals and protect the corporate structure, but I think as far as ZeRo is concerned there's nothing left to discuss.
* You and your friends you're defending are being unironic pedophilia apologists and that is completely unacceptable, period. Disputing semantics over pedophilia vs. hebephilia is pedo apologia. Citing a pedo's past and feelings while anticipating people will rightly call you out because they have nothing to do with anything by disarming potential opponents and nebulously claiming it's still relevant is textbook emotional manipulation. Making others feel sorry for them, that is what pedo apologists do. It is intentional emotional manipulation to dull the anger response in others and thus lower the likelihood of anything being done to you for something you clearly know is wrong. That alone is problematic regardless of the subject matter, but for pedo apologia, it is especially heinous.

* You claiming they are choosing to move on, therefore the allegations are false is itself problematic. Appeals to pop culture ethics like moving on are what abusers and their apologists resort to when they have something to hide. Especially in a serious thread the mods themselves have refused to close or even police. If Zero truly was innocent, you wouldn't have to resort to such measures. But what little can we expect from pedo apologists?

* This isn't about Zero's case specifically, but other users' reaction to it and their defenses of his behavior, because it's obvious they think that kind of behavior is okay and acceptable and they're testing the waters to see how close they can come to directly saying so. Which should not be acceptable on this board or any other Smash board at all.

* None of your post addresses anything I have said and indeed you are treating this like a fight with tactics instead of what it actually is: me morally condemning you for supporting something you should not be supporting, and in typical fashion, you don't like it. And that's too bad. If you don't like being morally condemned, don't support things that get you condemned.

* If anything this shows us that the safety of the users and the integrity of the boards clearly are not high on anyone's priority list and that in and of itself is shameful.

Last edited:

Xfire

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7577-9083-5019
This is getting too heated for an incident that's already settled between ZeRo and the victims. Honestly I'm not surprised this pedo/hebe discourse gets mixed up because we are in an era dominated by pop-culture that blurred these lines. One show I vividly remembered featured a guy who, I quote, admitted his friend "has a [pedophilia] problem and [he's] been dealing with it. He hasn't harmed anyone. Besides, you don't jail for your thoughts." with the irony that he made flirtatious moves towards a teen with a child's voice. Setting that aside, ZeRo's reputation is already ruined as is. His reputation is like a smashed building that's being bombarded by old cars ramming to it. It's just adding more wreckage to wreckage.

Is he mentally a kid at that time? Yes, it's well documented. Dude had a messed up childhood and was raised in a terrible environment. Physically/legally? Probably not. Implying he's a "kid" is still excusing his behavior. We can argue about semantics like age of consent, the exact age you become an adult, or the severity of this situation. It doesn't change the creepy behavior he exhibited before all of this came to light, and with these allegations, fake or not, it paints them differently. Also doesn't help that his defense comes from Technicals, who, while did some good deeds, isn't exactly a good person to rely on (from what I've recalled, he screamed at a player's ear mid-set, bluntly called a streamer a homophobic slur, and recently pulled the ban-nairo stunt on a Smash stream).

Now, this discourse has already moved on for too long (unless that other lawsuit got a dark turn). Hopefully we can go back on hating ZeRo for the reasons we SHOULD hate him. Because his videos have varying degrees of creepiness (one video showed ZeRo tricking a boy by acting as a girl in discord), and with a fanbase of yes-men thinking he "proved" his innocence, he got better off than most of the accused. Now THAT's a reason to hate him.

Last edited:

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
You don't have to accept someone's opinion, but you can show some respect. We all love smash, and that's that. There's no reason to argue about other people's lives. Let's keep it decent.

Last edited:

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
2. The brain continues to mature even after it is done growing.

Though the brain may be done growing in size, it does not finish developing and maturing until the mid- to late 20s. The front part of the brain, called the prefrontal cortex, is one of the last brain regions to mature. This area is responsible for skills like planning, prioritizing, and controlling impulses. Because these skills are still developing, teens are more likely to engage in risky behaviors without considering the potential results of their decisions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom