• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Latest Falco Hype (mostly from SK92)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Honestly, the strategy with the whole jump back, laser+ftilt has been done for a while now. It jut takes a lot of practice in dealing with situations. Larry and SK92, you got experience that I can't top but I'd be astouned if it took you a year to come up with a strategy that even I've been practicing since I picked up Falco.

Posted on SK92's message in AiB, decided to share it with smashboards as I respect their input more.

Don't mind my yellow name and Smash (whatever) status, they don't affect my ability to know the game in theory, just my experience with posting on boards and receiving feedback.

About the Falco Hype:

Backair is anti-air spacing and has always been. Ftilt and jab have always been ground spacing and somewhat safe to switchup with grabs. Neutral air has always been the "you're on a platform above me" attack, though somewhat punishable and therefore switchupable with backair.

Couple this with distance = lasering but not too much to the point where you can't reach the ground before they get down there next to you, and you have Falco's strategy.

Now anyone who hasn't realized this a long time ago has no idea how to use Falco.
I'm sure DEHF has always been using this same strategy and just recently filled in some gaps he had in his habits. So he realized the thought process behind the fight and beat Tyrant easily. So what? Tyrant's the last player I would expect at the top level to actually put in the observational tactics against a Falco. Let M2K do the talking when it comes to this matchup, then we'll see if the metagame is really giving Falco a chance at god tier.

And DEHF, good luck not choking, I know the pressure against someone like M2K must be ****ing killer :/. Makes me glad I'm not as good as you guys.

Theory and ability are tournament-experience apart.

o0 DR3W 0o

Smash Cadet
You makin a scene over nothin. SK92 pretty much stated that with people adapting to Meta Knight's playstyle and counteracting it, will lead to success. Not OMG EVRY1 COPEE DEHF KUZ HE DA BEST.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
It's just a front, smashboards tends to ignore what people say unless they sound like they know what they're saying. Know what I mean?

And SK92 is basically adapting DEHF's playstyle because he actually does think it is the best idea to copy. Heck, even I think it is in that matchup. Even the Falco Boards have a link to DEHF v Tyrant saying that's how you play the matchup.

This isn't a scene, I just wanted to discuss it, and give a little background as to what I was talking about

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
This thread is completely useless.

Q: Purpose?
A: Dicksucking

Edit: Although I'll reply on what I think your point is. SK92 finally realizes that playing aggressive is inferior to a more conservative style. Pretty much the gist of this thread.

Edit2: But just know that Larry vs Tyrant is Falco vs MK. You can't do the same **** for every MU. Like you have to play a bit more aggressive in some MUs in which would hinder lazer usage. Just to name a few: Olimar (pikmin cancelling out lazers), GAW (bucket), Lucas and Ness (their down B whatever it's called idc).

Overall, the vids of Larry vs Tyrant only indicate that Larry is a smart player. Nothing we have seen from the vid is anything new (except for the 6-0 part), and we know that already. I still say this thread isnt necessary. Thanks for your time anyway

J4pu

Smash Champion
was the point of this thread "you all suck, I've been doing this **** since the game came out"?
OR
"This is how I, and the pros, think you should approach the MK match-up"?

If the former, gtfo
If the latter, this belongs in the match-up thread and has likely already been discussed during the recent rediscussion of the MK match-up

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This thread is nothing but trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom