• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Abe's House - A Melee/Brawl tournament in Tucson, AZ - Nov. 7th

forward

Smash Champion
Tucson, AZ 85710

520-545-0591

Major cross streets are 22nd and Pantano.

Located in the Clairemont Plaza. Building 1664

- SCHEDULE -
Warm ups/Registration - 12pm - 1pm
Melee/Brawl Doubles - 1pm - 5pm
Food Break/Friendlies - 5pm - 6pm
Melee/Brawl Singles - 6pm - 10pm

***Times are estimated. The venue closes at 1am, however if by some miracle the tournament is still running by then, we WILL finish.

- ENTRANCE FEE AND PRIZES -
Venue fee - $5
Melee singles - $5
Melee doubles - $10 per team
Brawl singles - $5
Brawl doubles - $10 per team

PRIZES-
60/30/10

MELEE RULES

* 8 minute time limit on all matches.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, a new match will be play. One stock with random stage. Both players get one reset.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below for POOLS> Stage strike will be use for bracket!
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Scamp's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

WOBBLING
Wobbling will be ALLOW by default. That means, for every single matches you play, wobbling is allow to be use unless this occurs:

If you see your opponent pick Ice Climbers you MUST call out BEFORE the match that you want Wobbling to be banned. By doing this, wobbling will not be allow for the whole set. You can not call this after the match starts. If you do, you will lose a stock for pausing the match to tell us or something.

Stages:

Neutral:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Donkey Kong 64

counterpicks:
Pokefloats
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Mute City (Singles Only)
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

BRAWL RULES

* BYOC
* 3-stock
* 8-minute timer
* Double elimination
* Items are set to "Off" and "None"
* All sets will be determined in Best of 3 matches; Best of 5 will be used to determine the victor in Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* Double Blind picks can be called on the first match.
* Stage strikes are in effect in doubles, singles pools, and singles
*DSR is in effect in this tourney unless both players agree to revisit a previous stage.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
* All matches concluded by a suicide kill are determined by percent (including Kirby-ciding, DDD-ciding, Bowser-ciding).
* All standing infinites are banned from the tournament (DDD standing infinite, Marth on Ness, etc)
* Ice Climbers infinite is limited up to 200%.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* stalling is banned as is Planking (60 ledgegrab rule)
* Metaknight is NOT banned
* Players who use wii-motes are asked to take care of their own equipment as there are NO spare batteries provided in the tournament.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If one player asks not to play on a hacked wii, then the match can be moved elsewhere.
* Losers/Winners/Grand Finals matches will be recorded and can’t be avoided. Losers semis, winners semis, etc. though can be.
* Players who don’t wish to play on Live Stream can request so up until finals.
*All Problems brought to the attention of the T.O's will be decided upon by the TO's and all TO decisions are FINAL
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port
* Color Blind Rule is in effect for teams.
* Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

STAGES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
NEUTRAL
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville

COUNTERPICK
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar
* Lylat Cruise
* Castle Siege
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Luigi's Mansion
* Rainbow Cruise
* Delfino
* Pokemon Stadium

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

-Set ups-

TV
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue
4. Forward
5. Forward
6. Tai
7. Woods
8. Tommy
9. Jane
10. Xander

Wii
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Forward
4. Axe
5. Tommy
6. Jane

Brawl
1. Venue
2. Forward
3. Tommy
4. Jane

Cubes
1. Forward
2. Tai
3. Woods
4. Xander

Melee
1. Forward
2. Tai
3. Woods
4. Axe
5. Xander

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
WOW what an awesome name

I want to high five the guy who thought of that.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I think that is late enough for me to enter and I will try not to be hungover that day. Good people should come so I can try to beat them. I might even enter brawl lolz to see how good the ranked people are.

AXE 09

Smash Master
brawl???? wtf????? nooooooooooooooo!!!

well.... at least there's melee ^^ i'll probably enter brawl too, but.... ugh. brawl lol

melee melee melee melee:grin:

Jane

Smash Hero
peach and tlink/ice climbers team? that will def be fun to watch! especially if you guys survive the sea of MKs and snakes haha

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
oh god ****it sean why the **** is it melee/brawl **** this

i'm still going though

edit/ well at least thanks for making brawl only $5. I think i'll enter with falcon and see how far i make it

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Hmm, I'll try to make it. I think I have to do something either that weekend or the weekend after though, I'm not sure. I'll have to check later.

also chris and me are winning doubles

also also; Forward get the bracket from grand challenge so it can get uploaded on aib.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
hey Forward I know I suck now, but ill team with you haha. Cosby + FOrward FTW!

if a ride would be available that would be awesome!

forward

Smash Champion
The Vo Bros. Haha, not married, A, it's just a funny team name.

Darkshifter: In Brawl I'm teaming with Light dun dun dun! We got this.

Top Bottom