• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A View of Our NeW

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=1812]A View of Our NeW [/drupal]

*This paper relates to all of the members of NeW Horizon*

As you all know, it's been a year since our group was founded. We've had new people join and at the same time have had old members leave. Some members have even comeback and been welcomed while others we don't even trust anymore, or even hate. I've noticed the dynamics of our members interactions evolve since NeW was founded.

Over the past year we've all grown so much. We've all grown individually, but not as a group. Our clan faded away and we stayed together, but it hasn't been like it used to be. We were a family, and I think most would agree with that statement. we helped each other, played brawl together, and we bonded. When I look at us now, I don't see that picture, but it isn't really that bad of a picture either.

I've noticed friendships between people from NeW become stronger and deeper. And new members coming into our group and being welcomed. I've seen people change and become more mature as they grow up, or see new sides of them while they find out who they are in life. I've experienced myself, happiness, betrayal, acceptance and denial, and togetherness as a group. Each person in NeW has experienced something different and something that'll stick to them all their life.

All of NeW has changed since our humble beginning. We are each our own person in life. We change for better or for worse. This brings me to the purpose of writing this paper; as we grow, we change. All of our personalities, morals, and values change. We become different people and take on different roles and responsibilities in life. NeW and our group has grown older, it's changed from the growth and change from the people in it. NeW will always continue to change, because of the change from the people that make it up.

Lately, and for awhile now, NeW's been kinda dead. Of course that doesn't mean we're not all friends anymore, it means that as a group of friends, we've grown more distant. People have been talking about maknig a new NeW, and wanting something to change. We're all sick of the chatbox, but we don't know what to do. What are we supposed to do?

To change NeW and our group, we must look into ourselves. Only by looking into ourselves and our attitudes towards the people in NeW, and NeW itself can we determine NeW's future.

When I look into myself and NeW as it was, I see a group of close and open friends who cared about each other more. We had our differences but we got along. As I look into myself and NeW now, I see intolerance, lack of leadership, and a group of people who just talk to each other. As a group, we're not nearly as close as we used to be. Individually, when we talk to each other, we're still usually kinda and ourselves. But as a whole, we're weak. The chat is usually empty now and daily I hardly see everyone online at the same time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed.

We've grown. We'll continue to grow. And our actions, the things we say, and our attitudes will have an impact on our lifes. And the same thing applies to NeW and the people in it. I'm not saying or going to say "We all have to change for NeW", and I'm not gonna try and change the people in NeW or force people to join or leave. People have to want to be apart of NeW, to want to get to know the members and make a new NeW. If we want to be a better community of friends, we have to want to be more trusting to each other and not be judgmental. We have to want to change NeW.

I want to rebuild our group of friends. I've learned so much from you guys. I'm willing to trust you all again. NeW can never be like it was before, but we can rebuild it and make a new NeW that we can be proud of. A place where we can go for each other's help when we need it. Some people may leave, and some new members may join, but we can have so much fun and learn so much from each other while we're together. You guys were like a second family to me. I'd like that back. I'm willing to aim for it. I want to make a new NeW. If anyone wants to join me, you're more than welcome to do so. I'm not forcing everyone and anyone can join. I want to rebuild our NeW.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Maybe it's because you have lots more friends around you?
Also, school, finals, that kinda shiz.

I mean, you met each other in summer, which was when schooooooool's out. So yeah, summer break might get things rolling again..

Also, a true sign of friendship is to forgive the failures of your friends. You'll become stronger that way.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I used to be in a clan about 7 months ago.

We played Brawl a ton, and as time wore on, we just dissolved down to talking to each other and spamming our boards, which was hella fun, but not why we were in the clan. We weren't competitve spammers. Now, we've grown really distant, or at least I have. I quit it because we didn't even play anything, it was just like, "We're a clan. We don't do anything though!" I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, because some of those people were really good friends to me, but whatever, right? I tried rebuilding the place, getting little friendly tournys going etc., but nothing ever re-sparked. I never go there now...and when I do it's dead, and it gives me a headache due to the nothing-ness. For me, it was just time to move on. It may (and probably is) different for you, but you have to consider that too.

Good luck, if it just fails, be sure to keep some form of communication between at least a few members. It helps on those nights when you wish you were back in the old days and chatting and playing Brawl, trust me. :)

Exia 00

Smash Champion
You hit the nail right on the head bro. I wish I could add more but we seem to share the same thoughts.

I'm up for the challenge.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
If it fails again, then it fails. We can give the clan a shot and see where it takes us.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I like this blog. :3

And Gigas you were part of it. ;x

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
yea, most/all of NeW shared some of these thoughts, I will help u make a better NeW if it would helps, btw Gigas u felt like a brother to me xD ^^

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I'd love to help you guys out but I'm going to be leaving for the summer pretty soon and don't know if I'll even have much or any internet to get on to. ):

Sorry I haven't really made much of an effort to be around lately. It's awkward not ever knowing what to say, though that's something that's just the way I am. Everything's so different now...seems more complicated.

But good luck you guys. ^^

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
This was always bound to happen. We've been through a lot, and many of us are dealing with many issues in reality that things couldn't possibly be the way it was at the beginning. We are getting much too old, and the best thing and only thing we can do is leave behind the legacy. A circle of young friends never lasts forever, but the memory will always live on our hearts.

We may wish to never grow old, but this has happened to many of the adults we see everyday. If only I met you all when I was a teenager. These wonderful and memorable attachments could have lasted so much longer.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not willing to sound like a jerk... It's just a question.
Don't you have a group of close friends IRL? Just asking, if it's offensive I'm sorry.

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
This was always bound to happen. We've been through a lot, and many of us are dealing with many issues in reality that things couldn't possibly be the way it was at the beginning. We are getting much too old, and the best thing and only thing we can do is leave behind the legacy. A circle of young friends never lasts forever, but the memory will always live on our hearts.

We may wish to never grow old, but this has happened to many of the adults we see everyday. If only I met you all when I was a teenager. These wonderful and memorable attachments could have lasted so much longer.
even so, I`m not giving up EVER!!!!! xD ^^ I always had that thought too. Things happens for reasons good or bad o-o

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
even so, I`m not giving up EVER!!!!! xD ^^ I always had that thought too. Things happens for reasons good or bad o-o
It's okay, haha. Hope I haven't offended you. I know how it feels.
I used to be part of a certain clan from a certain online game I'd go on everyday. That was 4 years ago though, quite a shame it died.

That has nothing to do with the friends that have been made here. Friends are friends.
Yeah, but you're taking it the wrong way. Just as I expected people to take it...
I'm asking that question because I'm wondering if he can replace it with people he can meet in RL. Not like I'm bashing or anything.

Geez, people take it the wrong way all the time.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yeah, but you're taking it the wrong way. Just as I expected people to take it...
I'm asking that question because I'm wondering if he can replace it with people he can meet in RL. Not like I'm bashing or anything.

Geez, people take it the wrong way all the time.
Can one really say they can "replace" friends that are real friends. To me, a real friend is not something one can simply replace. (Luke's blog though, not mine xD ) Also I'm pretty sure we all have friends irl ^^;

And don't be so defensive, I wasn't flaming you lol. But he's talking to alot of the people who have posted in here really as most of us in this thread are or were members of that group he's talking about.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Can one really say they can "replace" friends that are real friends. To me, a real friend is not something one can simply replace. (Luke's blog though, not mine xD ) Also I'm pretty sure we all have friends irl ^^;

And don't be so defensive, I wasn't flaming you lol. But he's talking to alot of the people who have posted in here really as most of us in this thread are or were members of that group he's talking about.
Oh, ****. Totally sorry, I thought you were about to get mad and flame me to death :laugh:.
I didn't really mean replacing as I know what it is. To have good friends... For me, it's just a single person.

I have never been able to fill the hole she left, and so... I've tried numerous times to get her back. Goes on and off, I'll die young.

But in any case, I was just assuming that... normal people (I'm an addict, a psycho. I'm an obsessed sunuva*****) could fill their missing pieces with other people. I don't know, I've been through a lot of different social phases and it seems that they had all replaced me. (Did I mention that I was considered a bestfriend by most people I've met? That's despite the fact that I'm a **** psycho that actually needs no one but a specific one.)

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I think about most internet people that are actually here and not just coming to mess with other people or cause trouble do or at least did have problems of one kind or another.

I'm more um introverted(?) so I don't really care about sharing my problems with just anybody too much but I understand how you feel..

We're sorta getting off topic here now though xD

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I think about most internet people that are actually here and not just coming to mess with other people or cause trouble do or at least did have problems of one kind or another.

I'm more um introverted(?) so I don't really care about sharing my problems with just anybody too much but I understand how you feel..

We're sorta getting off topic here now though xD
Kind of, yeah :laugh:.
Then again, I was just explaining my reasons for asking such a question.

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
well, honestly my sad reality is most of my friends r online o-o, It`s been rough trying to make friends IRL, but rly ppl can be so butthurt sometime o-o

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol before I came here to smashboards I didn't even think it was possible to become friends with people online (I was never on the computer as a kid, but that all changed once I got my laptop as a grad gift xD) Was I ever wrong haha

I'm dumb like that xD

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
well, honestly my sad reality is most of my friends r online o-o, It`s been rough trying to make friends IRL, but rly ppl can be so butthurt sometime o-o

It's kind of sad, indeed. As virtual friends are not real life friends. But it's okay... As long as you can get a grip of your life one way or another.

I can understand the feeling. I used to be very very very anti sociable. I'd rather read books, study, play video games and fight then befriend people in real life. 2 Years ago (I was in 3rd year of high school), I went through my 'mr.social' phase. As I have a relatively good sense of humor.... Turns out I dislike 'em all now.

It's understandable... People tend to shy off and open up themselves more on internet. As image doesn't really matter. Then again, some others just pretend. Which isn't any better than real life *******s.

I'd suggest trying to move on to real life though, I haven't talked to any of my old online friends for at least a year. They've all moved on with their lives, and I think they live better. Not saying virtual friends is a bad thing, but I think it'll give you a little boost in something.

lol before I came here to smashboards I didn't even think it was possible to become friends with people online (I was never on the computer as a kid, but that all changed once I got my laptop as a grad gift xD) Was I ever wrong haha

I'm dumb like that xD
It's not about being dumb or not. You just didn't know, you were in ignorance. It's totally understandable.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol

I suppose

I always have been unbelievably oblivious/excessively ignorant xD
But only when it comes to certain things :p

Exia 00

Smash Champion
You guys make it sound like it's hard to balance online and offline lives. lol It's fairly easy for me (probably cause I'm 16)

The way I view most of the things everyone is saying is like "Oh, it's slowing down, we can't bring back the past so just let it die."(exaggerated... I know) THAT'S THE POINT, we are referring to the past but this is to help the future of NeW. I'm not begging anyone to join, I'm just saying, if you feel the same way... you are not alone.

:023:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
This may be the internet, but we are still real people, just speaking through an electronical device. Whether or not we are close in real life, a friendship is a friendship. Lies can occur over the web as it can in reality. Drama is ONE thing, but friendships are normally generated when two or more individuals have similar interests. This is Smashboards. We are here for all the same reasons. Why should we NOT be friends when we can?

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
This may be the internet, but we are still real people, just speaking through an electronical device. Whether or not we are close in real life, a friendship is a friendship. Lies can occur over the web as it can in reality. Drama is ONE thing, but friendships are normally generated when two or more individuals have similar interests. This is Smashboards. We are here for all the same reasons. Why should we NOT be friends when we can?
these r the reasons, y I`m still here, xD ^^, Ryu thank u for the advice, we sound like we understandable even tho we just met lol. I just think living every second of my life no matter how lonely or painful it is, I remember I`m doing it for my friends and myself, knowing that I`m not alone ^^ XD

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You didn't start anything, Luke. lol

Wait, you say "war"? SWEET.

*takes out a sword and throws it at the drummer boy*

ExplodingMan

Smash Journeyman
Haha that looks great. I TOTALLY miss those old days, back when we made our own site and everything. Im completely up for a new NeW. With the chat being dead most of the time, i havent talkedto about half of the old member in a long time. So i vote go for it. Im down

Oh yeah... "Draws gun" Never bring a sword to a gunfinght

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
I had no idea, you all still felt so strongly about the group, it's actually really nice to hear
i'm all for bringing back the clan, however, i don't have much time anymore myself,
i've stopped by the new xat a few times but there never seems to be anyone there when i get on
if you get it up and running you can count me in, just know that i won't be on very often due to my work schedule
my best wishes to you all

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I had no idea, you all still felt so strongly about the group, it's actually really nice to hear
i'm all for bringing back the clan, however, i don't have much time anymore myself,
i've stopped by the new xat a few times but there never seems to be anyone there when i get on
if you get it up and running you can count me in, just know that i won't be on very often due to my work schedule
Holy ****.

Uhh hello? Miss you much? lololol

Gosh howzit, mate?

PhoenixoKaZe

Smash Ace
NNID
Toffykun
Hey PR3Y, long time no talk xD. Anyways the xat was like that for a long while. It`s just we hve stuff to do u kno? Anyways if we going to make a new site, they going to be more new ppl haha

Chaco

Never Logs In
Woah Pr3y! Welcome back man. It's been like a year now. Lol.

Top Bottom