• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I present to you two of Japan’s strange commercials thats current airing for your viewing pleasure.

I’m not sorry at all.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So here's a dumb idea I was thinking about.

What if members of the Golden Deer played Smash Bros? Who would their mains be and what would be their play style?

Claude: Mains :ultpit: but will also play basically every character under the sun. He often goes for crazy or galaxy brain plays - his goal isn't to win, it's to humiliate his opponent. Runs a fairly successful youtube channel where he goes on quickplay with and fishes for disrespect with different characters.
Hilda: :ultkirby: Constantly insists that she's bad at the game and asks people to go easy on her because she mains a low tier, but has actually won a local before. Her older brother is a top player, so she's had a ton of opportunities to learn from the best.
Lorenz: :ultzelda: Thinks he's amazing at the game but is actually trash at it. Picks characters by how fabulous they are and also often plays :ultcorrinf::ultmarth::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultzss: as well.
Ignatz: :ultsheik: He can combo and play the more technical side of the game extremely well, but completely lacks in confidence and struggles to win in actual matches. Despite his skill he's convinced he's pretty bad at the game.
Raphael: Mainly plays :ultkrool: but is comfortable with basically any heavy. He doesn't play competitively and loses most matches he enters, but he's always an amazing sport despite that. Will sometimes throw matches against Ignatz and Marianne just to make them feel better.
Leonie: :ultlink: She's extremely competitive and is always trying to get the upper hand. If she loses to someone once she'll keep challenging them over and over again until she can get a win.
Marianne: :ultisabelle: Doesn't play competitively and doesn't play often because she gets very disheartened whenever she loses. She also plays as :ultpichu: because she thinks its cute.
Lysithea: :ultmewtwo: An extremely skilled player who spend a ton of time in the lab, mastering tech skill and situational combos. Her playstyle is incredibly oppressive, and her mastery of offense and defense both will almost convince you that she's playing a top tier. She's even won multiple upsets against the high level player Jeritza before.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Now playing Norman Reedus and the Funky Fetus, aka Delivery Simulator 2099 Featuring Guillermo del Toro's Likeness Deadman Guest Starring THE SKULLS Parasite Unit.

...that'd be Death Stranding, ya'll. So far it has my attention. Pretty cool set-up so far, what with a post-apocalyptic American Somewhere beset with time-dilating rainfall and creepy ass faceless beings that crawl around on their hands. Oh, and did I mention you're a postman? Yes, you're a postman. One that's farming social media-esque likes.

Smooth Criminal

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Dark Nebula from Kirby Squeak Squad in a nutshell:
I WANT TO RULE THIS UNIVERSE AND MAKE IT AN UNINHABITABLE WASTELAND AND MAKE EVERYONE MY SLAVE EVEN THOUGH THAT IS NOT WITHIN MY CAPACITY TO DO SO BECAUSE I'M WEAK AND FEEBLE.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So here's a dumb idea I was thinking about.

What if members of the Golden Deer played Smash Bros? Who would their mains be and what would be their play style?

Claude: Mains :ultpit: but will also play basically every character under the sun. He often goes for crazy or galaxy brain plays - his goal isn't to win, it's to humiliate his opponent. Runs a fairly successful youtube channel where he goes on quickplay with and fishes for disrespect with different characters.
Hilda: :ultkirby: Constantly insists that she's bad at the game and asks people to go easy on her because she mains a low tier, but has actually won a local before. Her older brother is a top player, so she's had a ton of opportunities to learn from the best.
Lorenz: :ultzelda: Thinks he's amazing at the game but is actually trash at it. Picks characters by how fabulous they are and also often plays :ultcorrinf::ultmarth::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultzss: as well.
Ignatz: :ultsheik: He can combo and play the more technical side of the game extremely well, but completely lacks in confidence and struggles to win in actual matches. Despite his skill he's convinced he's pretty bad at the game.
Raphael: Mainly plays :ultkrool: but is comfortable with basically any heavy. He doesn't play competitively and loses most matches he enters, but he's always an amazing sport despite that. Will sometimes throw matches against Ignatz and Marianne just to make them feel better.
Leonie: :ultlink: She's extremely competitive and is always trying to get the upper hand. If she loses to someone once she'll keep challenging them over and over again until she can get a win.
Marianne: :ultisabelle: Doesn't play competitively and doesn't play often because she gets very disheartened whenever she loses. She also plays as :ultpichu: because she thinks its cute.
Lysithea: :ultmewtwo: An extremely skilled player who spend a ton of time in the lab, mastering tech skill and situational combos. Her playstyle is incredibly oppressive, and her mastery of offense and defense both will almost convince you that she's playing a top tier. She's even won multiple upsets against the high level player Jeritza before.
I headcanon that Claude's good with everyone but chooses characters based on how much they annoy his opponents. Lysithea plays Hero as she feels rewarded for quick on the moment strategy and using her best possible Command Menu options to secure her victory
EDIT: How the **** did I miss you saying the exact same thing about Claude

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
God damn.

I'm already bad at the game and Terry eats me alive online lol.

****ing Jab combo into Power Dunk does 30% off the top.

D

Deleted member

God damn.

I'm already bad at the game and Terry eats me alive online lol.

****ing Jab combo into Power Dunk does 30% off the top.
Literally one jab can lead to you staving off a good 20% string, and 20% is a lot, I tell you.

D

Deleted member

Not to mention Terry can do even more if he has GO. It's even available as a kill confirm
I call that passive DMs, but still the same.

Been trying to lab Terry and it's pretty obvious he has some issues with swords.

D

Deleted member

remember when people said he's ****ing basic??
Bringing over a character from another fighting game will surely set the higher skill ceiling.

And he's not even the most complex character in his home series, whether it be Fatal Fury or King of Fighters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Terry has a problem getting in on projectiles as far as I've been able to tell. Since there's no invincibility on Crack Shoot or Burning Knuckle, and they're both easily punishable on whiff and block, you have to play the baiting game with Terry. Throwing out Power Waves and waiting on an approach and then comboing the hell out of them when you get your shot. Once Terry is in your face he has a a bunch of tools to keep him there. There in lies the problem. His zoning game is not all that good.

None of that matters if you play offline though because the computers are dumb as hell and, hoo boy, is it fun to just rail them with Barnacle and Power Dunk over and over again.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Terry has a problem getting in on projectiles as far as I've been able to tell. Since there's no invincibility on Crack Shoot or Burning Knuckle, and they're both easily punishable on whiff and block, you have to play the baiting game with Terry. Throwing out Power Waves and waiting on an approach and then comboing the hell out of them when you get your shot. Once Terry is in your face he has a a bunch of tools to keep him there. There in lies the problem. His zoning game is not all that good.

None of that matters if you play offline though because the computers are dumb as hell and, hoo boy, is it fun to just rail them with Barnacle and Power Dunk over and over again.
I've noticed this too. Terry is a monster when he gets close, but he's not that bad if you can keep your distance. I use Rosa, Mewtwo, and Ridley the most, and while none of them are really projectile characters, just frequently using moves like Star Bits and Shadow Ball seems to really get in the way for Terry players.

His weight also makes him slightly more combo food than previous DLC characters. It's not terrible, but I've had a fairly easy time juggling him with Rosa's Uair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

remember when people said he's ****ing basic??
yes, that was me mainly. Ehhh, after looking a bit, design wise he still looks super basic, but I'm genuinely surprised at how Sakurai make his command inputs add more moves.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
yes, that was me mainly. Ehhh, after looking a bit, design wise he still looks super basic, but I'm genuinely surprised at how Sakurai make his command inputs add more moves.
The shotos are right there

Biggest takeaway from Terry and his gameplan is like, yeah, he is going to suffer a bit in neutral against characters that can keep him away. If he hits you, though? There is a really good chance it's gonna hurt, and he is going to be holding on to advantage state for a while.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It’s nice to know ohmori saw this and seems happy:
as sweet as that is

I still have problems with them

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Morning! How's everyone doing?
Good morning for the most part. Fed my dogs, took them out to play for a bit and run around. Took a shower and apparently one of them tore into one of their beds so had to discipline and give her a time out.

What a way to start the morning, heh...

D

Deleted member

The shotos are right there

Biggest takeaway from Terry and his gameplan is like, yeah, he is going to suffer a bit in neutral against characters that can keep him away. If he hits you, though? There is a really good chance it's gonna hurt, and he is going to be holding on to advantage state for a while.

Smooth Criminal
did you not see the "design-wise?" part of that sentence?

To be blunt, Terry looks like a generic fighter(not saying he is one, obviously) but his moves have changed my view on him.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ash is never gonna age and retire is he? Its an never ending adventure isn't it? What's he trying to proof and his goal at this point after 20 years?

I still gotta ask? How is it that Ash received immortality?

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Good morning for the most part. Fed my dogs, took them out to play for a bit and run around. Took a shower and apparently one of them tore into one of their beds so had to discipline and give her a time out.

What a way to start the morning, heh...
My day started with a sore throat, but it's starting to heal up with this special ginger/honey condiment that I made in a cup of hot water.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ash is never gonna age and retire is he? Its an never ending adventure isn't it? What's he trying to proof and his goal at this point after 20 years?
We all know why ash is the main character still so there is no need to drag it back up because frankly Im sick of it
anyway from the video ive seen, the new anime looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom