• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If our existing third party franchises were to get an additional unique fighter, who would you go with? I know who I would. (Not necessarily in this game, as some of them would need to be upgraded from Assist Trophy status).
  • Metal Gear: Raiden (Metal Gear's only playable protagonist who wouldn't be a Snake clone)
  • Sonic: Tails and Dr. Eggman (Bayonetta gave away her second slot to Sonic because she didn't have anyone it would work for. Knuckles would be here too honestly)
  • Mega Man: Zero (the 2nd most popular Mega Man character, morose than X I would say)
  • Pac-Man: Honestly, the only way to make this one work is to reclassify him as a "Namco Retro Arcade" character and add in Dig Dug, otherwise there is not real candidate for this.
  • Street Fighter: Chun-Li (duh)
  • Final Fantasy: Terra Branford (6 is one of the most popular Final Fantasy's and is the last one that was a Nintendo exclusive, and I'd rather treat Final Fantasy like Fire Emblem, using the various protagonists rather than individual characters from the same game).
  • Castlevania: Alucard (again, duh)
  • Persona: Probably Yu Narukami (again, treating it like Fire Emblem. Plus... Yu is the only real choice due to Persona 1 and 2 not existing and the Persona 3 characters having... complications)
  • Dragon Quest: Can't really treat this one like Fire Emblem considering Hero. Honestly, you's probably go with one of DQ's memorable villains like Dragonlord or Psarvo.
  • Banjo-Kazooie: As a huge Banjo fan who would LOVE to play as Gruntilda or Mumbo Jumbo, I acknowledge that it doesn't really need a 2nd player character the same way Bayonetta doesn't).
  • Fatal Fury: Mai Shiranui (some people have pointed out that Mai could potentially be made okay for CERO the way he did Bayonetta and ZSS, but that Sakurai didn't feel like putting forth the effort for a background element. But a playable character.... that's a different story. And if not.... Andy? Joe? Can we streatch it to KoF and do Kyo?).
Since most of the obvious choices are already listed,
  • Sonic: Blaze the Cat mainly since she debuted on Nintendo systems and is more of a personal wish
  • Mega Man: X (Assuming Zero is currently stuck as an assist, I feel X has a lot of fun powers to play with)
  • Final Fantasy: Kefka Palazzo, favorite and best FF villain
  • Castlevania: If Alucard is stuck like Zero, then Maria Renard
  • Persona: I know she’s not the main character and isn’t as likely but Aigis would be a fun addition too.
  • Dragon Quest: Carver cause why not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If our existing third party franchises were to get an additional unique fighter, who would you go with? I know who I would. (Not necessarily in this game, as some of them would need to be upgraded from Assist Trophy status).
  • Metal Gear: Raiden (Metal Gear's only playable protagonist who wouldn't be a Snake clone)
  • Sonic: Tails and Dr. Eggman (Bayonetta gave away her second slot to Sonic because she didn't have anyone it would work for. Knuckles would be here too honestly)
  • Mega Man: Zero (the 2nd most popular Mega Man character, morose than X I would say)
  • Pac-Man: Honestly, the only way to make this one work is to reclassify him as a "Namco Retro Arcade" character and add in Dig Dug, otherwise there is not real candidate for this.
  • Street Fighter: Chun-Li (duh)
  • Final Fantasy: Terra Branford (6 is one of the most popular Final Fantasy's and is the last one that was a Nintendo exclusive, and I'd rather treat Final Fantasy like Fire Emblem, using the various protagonists rather than individual characters from the same game).
  • Castlevania: Alucard (again, duh)
  • Persona: Probably Yu Narukami (again, treating it like Fire Emblem. Plus... Yu is the only real choice due to Persona 1 and 2 not existing and the Persona 3 characters having... complications)
  • Dragon Quest: Can't really treat this one like Fire Emblem considering Hero. Honestly, you's probably go with one of DQ's memorable villains like Dragonlord or Psarvo.
  • Banjo-Kazooie: As a huge Banjo fan who would LOVE to play as Gruntilda or Mumbo Jumbo, I acknowledge that it doesn't really need a 2nd player character the same way Bayonetta doesn't).
  • Fatal Fury: Mai Shiranui (some people have pointed out that Mai could potentially be made okay for CERO the way he did Bayonetta and ZSS, but that Sakurai didn't feel like putting forth the effort for a background element. But a playable character.... that's a different story. And if not.... Andy? Joe? Can we streatch it to KoF and do Kyo?).
Raiden
Blaze the Cat
Zero
Velvet classified as Namco rep
Poison
Terra Branford
Rodin
Shanoa
Chie
Jade
Master Chief
Leona

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also apparently a few months ago I used an avatar drawn by a VERY westaboo Twitter user and.... well, she made this:
Ah yes CatDog. I remember watching that as a kid. An childhood favorite of mine. Even own the complete series on disc. :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Any tips for anxiety?
Meditating can help. I'm not exactly spiritual but I find it still helps me get a handle on my nerves.
I bring that up because.... well, if only Noipoi was still here

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can be a stand-in Noipoi for the next week if you need me to.

I'm not as good at drawing but I do love pokemon, Stitch and saying "howdy".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Third parties huh? I'll throw in my two cents. I wouldn't mind doing this for 1st party series too. But I'd keep my comments shorter.

Metal Gear: Raiden I guess.

Sonic: Tails. He's probably the most famous player 2 character since Luigi. Maybe even more so than Ken. He could offer a lot, He's able to fly, jump higher than Sonic and uses Gadgets. Yet he still could be pretty similar if he needed to be a semi-clone or echo. This makes him really flexible with the amount of work you could put into him. Wanna go crazy? Pick Tails. Want a safe choice in terms of moves? Pick Tails. Win-win situation.

Mega Man: Mega Man X or Mega Man.EXE. They are main protagonists of their own sub-series in the franchise both iconic in their own right. Mega Man X more or less setting the mechanics standard of every other 2D Mega Man game such as the Zero and ZX series(wall jumping, Dash jumping, Armors, Health upgrades ect.), much in the same way Mega Man 2 and 3 also set standards for the franchise(8-Bosses in 2. Sliding in 3, Support Items). There's also no doubt that Mega Man, Mega Man X and Zero are the most popular characters. However Mega Man.EXE is also pretty popular, and represents a rather unique era of gaming. His style of Action RPG is also unique, which could make a good basis for his moveset, whether it had gimmicks or not. I'd be happy with any blue bomber, but I feel these two are the most justified options. They have a ton of unique moves to choose from. And again, like Tails, can be justified in being extremely different despite surface level similarities.

Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man echo.

Street Fighter: Chun-Li. Without a doubt the most popular/iconic female fighting game character, and is probably the most popular SF character other than Ryu. Similar to Ryu, Ken and Terry, her moves write themselves. Kikoken, Spinning Bird Kick, Kikosho, Lighting Legs, and so on. And that's not assuming that she wouldn't also get a Focus attack, although she's had a few extra moves throughout the years that she may not need it.

Final Fantasy: Terra probably. Not a huge Final Fantasy fan. So I can't get into the nitty-gritty. But I know FF6 is pretty popular and I think it'd be all around cooler to get another main protagonist than any side character from FF7. And the contrast between classic FF and modern FF would be neat. But I know people would pop-off at Tig Ol' Bitties Tifa and Mr. One Winged Angel. Terra would also justify squeezing another 2 or 3 songs out of Square Enix.

Bayonetta: Jeanne, since I can't pick Rodin. She could use unlockable weapons instead, or merely be an echo of Bayo. But gameplay wise, she wouldn't be an interesting echo like Ken or Chrom.

Castlevania: Personal Bias would say Shanoa since she looks really cool. But I'll say Soma since Alucard's an AT. If he wasn't Alucard's the clear winner here. Soma and Shanoa also have a **** load of attacks to pull from.

Persona: Jack Frost. Looking out for my ***** Idon Idon and using a loophole to get SMT content in the game.

Dragon Quest: One of the guys from the Monster collecting ones?

Banjo-Kazooie: Mumbo? He doesn't do too much, but I guess he could implement Banjo's Transformations onto himself. Kind of like how Rosalina just steals Mario's tech from Galaxy or Zelda using Magic that we only see Link doing in-game.

Fatal Fury: Geese Howard. Cause we don't know if they'd go through with changing Mai. Micheal Jordan was right. "**** Dem kids." Also we need Kirby saying DOUBLE REPPUKEN! and SHIPPUKEN!

For those who don't like reading walls of text, I apologize.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This thread managed to survive the two weeks Noi was avoiding spoilers. He might have logged on once or twice a day to say hi but that was it. Don't see why this is any different.

I know some of you really miss him, but he wants (and probably needs) space right now. Just let him take his time with whatever he's going through. Don't try rushing him by sending him all of these "WAH!! ITS NO FUN WITHOUT YOU!! COME BACK!!" guilt posts.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This thread managed to survive the two weeks Noi was avoiding spoilers. He might have logged on once or twice a day to say hi but that was it. Don't see why this is any different.

I know some of you really miss him, but he wants (and probably needs) space right now. Just let him take his time with whatever he's going through. Don't try rushing him by sending him all of these "WAH!! ITS NO FUN WITHOUT YOU!! COME BACK!!" guilt posts.
I just invoked Noipoi because of the Stitch art I posted. Nothing more :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
This is probably Noipoi rn

View attachment 246018

Uhhh, about that

I've been meaning to share this with the general thread but only did so in a very small PM group until now:

Howdy, it’s me. I’d really appreciate it if you passed this message along to the others. Doesn’t have to be right now, as long as they get the message. Thanks.

“I’ve gotten a mod to ban me until I request it to be lifted. Obviously this means I can’t post anymore, and all the better.

I don’t know why, but my mental situation has been incredibly whacked out recently. I have this problem where I can never stop focusing on my past mistakes. I’ve always had it and it’s been manageable, but as of late it’s gotten insane. Every mistake I’ve ever made starts invading my mind all at once. It stops me from focusing on reality, I end up trapped in this memory prison.

I don’t know why this is happening. It induces massive waves of self hatred and self harming tendencies. Point is I’m not in a state to ****post and argue about mii costumes. If I mess up and post something stupid that’s one more to the list of mistakes. However I am very easily bored, so I’ve gotten myself banned to make sure I don’t start posting again until I’m ready.

I’m finding ways to try and sort this out. And don’t worry, I’m not gonna do anything I’ll regret. I’m strong willed enough to fight self destructive urges.

So uh yeah, that’s what’s happening. Don’t know when I’ll be back. But I’ll pop up again eventually.

Thanks for understanding.”

If you decide to pass this along, thanks bud.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Uhhh, about that

I've been meaning to share this with the general thread but only did so in a very small PM group until now:
Seems fair. He has personal things that need sorting out, so he should focus on that instead. Obviously, most people here wish him the best in getting better, whether he comes back or not. I just think we need to respect his choices is all. Though I guess that doesn't need saying really.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks for the info, Shroob. Poor guy.

That said, I somewhat added a bit to my CAH deck. I think I have enough to properly play it in a Xyzzy game, though? I dunno. 26 black cards and 52 white cards seems decent, I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone else get started on X-Mas shopping? I got a bit done, but not too much. Unfortunately, there's other **** we all gotta take care of too. But it is what it is. Went to Bath and Body Works to get something for a relative. But that place reminds me too much of that gag from SpongeBob with the perfume store. Whenever I get cologne, it's always at place that's more general and open.

That said it could be worse, I do hate not finding what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Uhhh, about that

Hope he gets better, but I get him.

I was in a bad mental state a couple of times in the last year and this site was the opposite of help.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Anyone else get started on X-Mas shopping? I got a bit done, but not too much. Unfortunately, there's other **** we all gotta take care of too. But it is what it is. Went to Bath and Body Works to get something for a relative. But that place reminds me too much of that gag from SpongeBob with the perfume store. Whenever I get cologne, it's always at place that's more general and open.

That said it could be worse, I do hate not finding what I'm looking for.
It seems like I won't be with family this Christmas like I was last year, so.... :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom