• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s nice to know ohmori saw this and seems happy:

Ivander

Smash Legend
If our existing third party franchises were to get an additional unique fighter, who would you go with? I know who I would. (Not necessarily in this game, as some of them would need to be upgraded from Assist Trophy status).
  • Metal Gear: Raiden
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Eggman. I do want Tails to get the attention he deserves, but I have to give it to Eggman.
  • Mega Man: It will be Zero obviously. I would like to see Roll get in at some point though. And if it were to my preference, it would be certainly be Megaman.EXE or Bass.EXE.
  • Pac-Man: It's hard to say Ms. Pac-Man when she would more than likely be an Echo fighter. If as "Namco Retro Arcade", than yeah, Dig Dug or Gilgamesh.
  • Street Fighter: Obviously Chun-Li.
  • Final Fantasy: If we're sticking to Final Fantasy VII, than definitely Sephiroth. If we're expanding outside, than Bartz please.
  • Castlevania: This is a tough one. Alucard's game helped start up the Metrovania genre, so he should be put in at some point. But at the same time, I'd love to see Soma Cruz, Shanoa or Maria Renard. So tough to choose...
  • Persona/Shin Megami Tensei?: I do not know much about Persona in general. It feels too predictable to say Yu and if we do count Persona as Shin Megami Tensei, I would like to choose either Demi-Fiend or Flynn. Jack Frost would also work if I'm forced to pick a character in Persona as I can at least still get some SMT content in some capacity.
  • Dragon Quest: In terms of Dragon Quest, aside from Dragon Quest VIII, I don't know much about the other Dragon Quest games. If we get an antagonist, I probably pick Psaro as I heard he's the most popular villain out of all of them.
  • Banjo-Kazooie: It doesn't really need a second rep. Although if I have to pick, it has to be Gruntilda. No exceptions.
  • Fatal Fury: Pour one out for Sakurai and give him Iori Yagami.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have a lot of good memories during cold weather, so I'm okay with a little chill.

On the flipside, once it reaches 90 degrees, I'm hibernating in an air-conditioned house.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'd like to ask if someone remembers the name of 2 games based on a couple of details I remember; Am I allowed to do it here or do I have to post this into the general gaming section? I'd like to post it here because the gaming section doesn't seem to be much active, but I willl post there if I have to.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'd like to ask if someone remembers the name of 2 games based on a couple of details I remember; Am I allowed to do it here or do I have to post this into the general gaming section? I'd like to post it here because the gaming section doesn't seem to be much active, but I willl post there if I have to.
I don't think there's anything against it.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Buddy, the discussions in this thread often devolve into just utter nonsense. There's a short list of things that aren't appropriate here. You can totally post your completely reasonable question here.

D

Deleted member

Since the last thing I showed y'all flopped, time to present something different...

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is a lovely sight: my girl :ultisabelle: riding a dragon.

This is appropriate. I mean, it is King of Fighters.

Are these a bit better? :shyguy:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
It’s nice to know ohmori saw this and seems happy:
It would be nice if they actually cared about their hardcore fans instead of cutting corners and making lousy excuses. Over half of all the Pokemon were cut without doing enough to compensate for it. The last thing GameFreak needs is more praise.
1573371880474.jpg

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh damn, that sucks for Noi. Hope he's well soon
It would be nice if they actually cared about their hardcore fans instead of cutting corners and making lousy excuses. Over half of all the Pokemon were cut without doing enough to compensate for it. The last thing GameFreak needs is more praise.
TPC is the reason for this mess so I can see why people want to improve Game Freak's morale as they're stuck

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't think there's anything against it.
Ok, thank you

I have played both games many years ago and can't remember anything aside of some details.
One was on a console between PS2 or the old XBox, I can't remember. The game was about, I don't know, skateboards or rollerblades, not sure. Those people went through a city skating around, and they left a trail behind. The trail was like safety tape, if I remember well it was colored in stripes of yellow and black but I'm not sure.
The gameplay revolved around doing something with that tape skating around a realistic-looking city, and if I remember the physics were a bit floaty, probably they were hover skates or something... I'm not sure if it was a race or what.
I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Jet Set Radio, and I'm pretty sure I have played it multiplayer with a friend (only once).
I remembered of this game when I saw the trailer of the indie game "Hover: Revolt of Gamers" because I think it had a similar feeling.

The second game is way more difficult to find (it was emulated so I'm not even sure about the console).
It was a Zelda clone, or at least I think. It was reminiscent of A Link to the Past. I played very little of it, I remember that there were water streams with currents, and probably a puzzle maze based on it that transported you back at the start if you messed up. There where plants like in A Link to the Past, the map was structured as a grid of square tiles and each plant was one tile big, just like in ALTTP. There was a strange house that when I entered it, a sort of bossfight started, but it was strange. There were spinning sprites (I can't remember what they represented), I was convinced that it was impossible to defeat, whatever it was, and that it was a script to kick you out of the house (because if I remember, it didn't kill you but just kick you out). That "boss" thing was very early in the game, since I played it for a very short time.
I think it was for the Sega Genesis, but I was unable to find it even after a lot of research... I have found many lists of Zelda clones and I have never found this game. If not Genesis, maybe SNES, or... Neo Geo, is it possible that a Zelda-like game was on Neo-Geo? I think not but who knows.
I remember absolutely nothing of the story, I even think the game had little story/cutscenes and it just pushed you into the gameplay very early... (but maybe I just loaded some odd savestate? I think not, but I'm not sure).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If our existing third party franchises were to get an additional unique fighter, who would you go with? I know who I would. (Not necessarily in this game, as some of them would need to be upgraded from Assist Trophy status).
  • Metal Gear: Raiden (Metal Gear's only playable protagonist who wouldn't be a Snake clone)
  • Sonic: Tails and Dr. Eggman (Bayonetta gave away her second slot to Sonic because she didn't have anyone it would work for. Knuckles would be here too honestly)
  • Mega Man: Zero (the 2nd most popular Mega Man character, morose than X I would say)
  • Pac-Man: Honestly, the only way to make this one work is to reclassify him as a "Namco Retro Arcade" character and add in Dig Dug, otherwise there is not real candidate for this.
  • Street Fighter: Chun-Li (duh)
  • Final Fantasy: Terra Branford (6 is one of the most popular Final Fantasy's and is the last one that was a Nintendo exclusive, and I'd rather treat Final Fantasy like Fire Emblem, using the various protagonists rather than individual characters from the same game).
  • Castlevania: Alucard (again, duh)
  • Persona: Probably Yu Narukami (again, treating it like Fire Emblem. Plus... Yu is the only real choice due to Persona 1 and 2 not existing and the Persona 3 characters having... complications)
  • Dragon Quest: Can't really treat this one like Fire Emblem considering Hero. Honestly, you's probably go with one of DQ's memorable villains like Dragonlord or Psarvo.
  • Banjo-Kazooie: As a huge Banjo fan who would LOVE to play as Gruntilda or Mumbo Jumbo, I acknowledge that it doesn't really need a 2nd player character the same way Bayonetta doesn't).
  • Fatal Fury: Mai Shiranui (some people have pointed out that Mai could potentially be made okay for CERO the way he did Bayonetta and ZSS, but that Sakurai didn't feel like putting forth the effort for a background element. But a playable character.... that's a different story. And if not.... Andy? Joe? Can we streatch it to KoF and do Kyo?).
Metal Gear: Raiden
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Mega-Man: Mega-Man X
Pac-Man: Ms. Pacman (echo fighter)
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy: Black Mage
Bayonetta: Jeanne (echo fighter)
Castlevania: uuhhh.... Trevor Belmont
Persona: Yu Narukami
Dragon Quest: Slime
Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda
Fatal Fury: Geese Howard
Uhhh, about that

I've been meaning to share this with the general thread but only did so in a very small PM group until now:
Well I'm glad to hear that Noipoi is doing the right thing in taking care of his mental state before worrying about us and ignoring it. Sucks that he's beating himself up but I'm sure he'll get better and make sure his mental state improves as he's a strong dude.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
TPC is to blame as well. It's thanks to Ishihara that we barely get any spinoffs on Nintendo consoles anymore.
I wouldn't say 'as well' as TPC controls their schedule which enforced Dexit as they can't delay the games or else that ruins plans for merch and the anime. I think they control the budget too but that doesn't sound right and I don't have a source on that

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Careful now

This is a good, Christian site for good boys and girls.
I was debating the embeds because I’ve see the original meme posted here without punishment and this isn’t much different. Plus they are both clothed still

Shroob

Sup?
I was debating the embeds because I’ve see the original meme posted here without punishment and this isn’t much different. Plus they are both clothed still
Lucky you, I've been infracted for less lol.

Depends on what Mod is on at the time I guess.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Since the last thing I showed y'all flopped, time to present something different...

This is a lovely sight: my girl :ultisabelle: riding a dragon.

This is appropriate. I mean, it is King of Fighters.

Are these a bit better? :shyguy:
I love creative or funny in-game screenshots. Oddly enough, I'm listening to the Halo 3 soundtrack right now, and that game also pioneered an in-game screenshot tool and file share, so you could view and share other people's cool or funny screenshots. Unfortunately, games don't do that enough now, I guess with more standardized social media and stuff. Miiverse was a lot like that, too, but then it got shut down two years ago :(

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
What Simon and Ritcher did first after getting into Smash:
Looks like Trevor Belmont wouldn't be happy about them.
9c8.jpg

I think I went too far posting this fanart here... 0_0

(I have seen fanart of Simon trying to kill Ganon thinking that he's related to Dracula, Corrin and Inkling cause of their fangs, Incineroar and Luciano due to them looking like werewolves, and Wii Fit Trainer due to their white skin, also Bayonetta and Ashley seen here as witches.)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
At the same time a lot of members of GF have been being constantly insulted and sometimes harassed over Twitter. Regardless of where you stand on Dexit, I think we should be able to agree that there's no way a silly kid's game justifies all that.

Just let them have this. Then you can go back to criticizing them, hopefully in a civil and mature fashion.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
>starts trying to grow out a beard for No Shave November
>researches to see how long I should wait to see how I should manage my beard growth
>2-3 months

Holy ****, I don't mind letting it fill in but I'm at that point where the hairs are starting to get itchy and annoying and I still got AT LEAST 20 days if I'm shaving is after this month, or like 80 if I'm going to go 2-3 months to get an idea... gonna be a long road fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom