• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
What I like about "The goat" is his manner of updating.

He hasn't blown the "Entire roster" with all the ideas he likes.

His ideas SEEM more likely, the Subspace themes, Leaf furniture item, etc.

I don't know, I believe him WAY more than any other "Prophet", they all have a false feeling about them...
this guy seems, knowledgeable and honest!

So what, I'm choosing to believe this guy, it's not life changing, so, I'll take a chance.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
You might also want to check SmashDash on the General Brawl Discussion on Sunday. Thealmightygoat has actually contributed to the show and we'll reveal never before unveiled info.
I don't really understand this. SmashDash, from what I've seen, is a very entertaining take on the Dojo updates; these are definitely NOT Dojo updates. The only time they DIDN'T cover the updates was the week when the Dojo went off the air.

Plus, I'm willing to bet that the guys doing SmashDash want to stay at least partially credible in character. Why give unconfirmed info from a 'prophet' that half the community doesn't even trust? The ONLY way that would make sense if if he told the SmashDash guys his source or something equally confirmable. Which, from the sound of the Goat, is not going to happen any time soon.

Not much sense at all...

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Well, from what I've read from him, his ideas at least make sense. Though the evil Tortimer thing is a bit weird. According to him, that means one of two things.
A). Bosses from franchises without actual character inclusion.
B). Or AC is playable.
Now we know that Smashville has its own stage, so is suppose its plausible that Tortimer is a boss... I dunno, it just seems unlikely. Though I dont believe this guy fully, the info he gives out it atleast entertaining and fun to think about.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to not believe thealmightygoat...

I used to be a silent believer, since he seemed very sincere and showed a lot of information. But now I think he is just an attention ***** with a very strange inferiority complex. Plus his nice grammar was a plus

Look what he said at the end of todays update;

This seems... so extremely fishy to me.

Imagine yourself as an jerk seeking attention by spreading lies and getting people to believe you....
You need to say something that a lot of people want to hear
But you need to say something that will be safe
So what is the best solution?

Post a list of 5 characters, and say 1 is the true character, and 4 MAY still be appearing in Brawl in some way.

You seriously can't go wrong with that. You just need 2 of the characters to appear in some way for the statement to be true. Yet you increase your odds in that happening by getting the opportunity to say 5 characters, hoping to hit the target with those 5.

I'll even bet that tomorrow he'll say the following;
CAPCOM
Phoenix Wright
Leon S. Kennedy
Mega Man
Viewtiful Joe
Arthur (Ghosts & Goblins)

I mean... don't you see how the only way he can be WRONG is if CAPCOM has absolutely no part in the game? The chances of him being right and getting more believers, really is just simple deduction and putting the odds in his favor.

CAPCOM already has a very high chance of being in the game
He probably knows Mega Man will be the obvious Rep, we ALL KNOW THIS
But he won't be able to just throw this out there without getting believers, since so many people already feel this to be true, so he tacks on this extremely corny "5 but 1 real" disguise, and says the other 4 MAY APPEAR in Brawl just to make extra sure he is right. The chances of the other 4 characters appearing as assist trophies is also extremely high. He just needs ONE of those 4 too!

If anyone knows South Park.. the episode "The world's biggest douche" really comes to mind with this guy.
Finally someone that doesn't stand the crap this guy started saying. I think your right about it. His chances of being wrong now are slim. And now people will say "ZOMG HE'S RIGHTSZ!" if Mega Man is revealed and he posted a Capcom list.

Actually, the name of the attack doesn't matter as much as what he said the attack does. If the attack turns out to be Air Slash, but operates in the exact way that he says it does, well then it will certainly help his argument.
Thhere is another problem. Air Slash in the game is a strong gust of wind that cuts your opponent. How is that a B-Up? He says Charizard slashes through the air? Thats more like AERIAL ACE. You see now what I mean? He got some random attack called Air Slash, presumed it was like e described it and put it there.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Finally someone that doesn't stand the crap this guy started saying. I think your right about it. His chances of being wrong now are slim. And now people will say "ZOMG HE'S RIGHTSZ!" if Mega Man is revealed and he posted a Capcom list.

Thhere is another problem. Air Slash in the game is a strong gust of wind that cuts your opponent. How is that a B-Up? He says Charizard slashes through the air? Thats more like AERIAL ACE. You see now what I mean? He got some random attack called Air Slash, presumed it was like e described it and put it there.
When you think about it, it's not really that big of a discrepancy. I mean, if Goat/Goat's sources aren't very well versed in the intricacies of the differences in the hundreds of Pkmn moves, this is a mistake that could easily be made. And from Nintendo's standpoint in naming the move, with the release of Diamond and Pearl, they could want to choose a name of a move from that series that's just close enough to the move effect to work, regardless of perfect move-naming accuracy. In all reality, it's a pretty easy mistake to make, and ultimately the move effect is more important than the name.

Don't jump on me, just providing needed counterpoint.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Some sort of celestial body will be visible tomorrow. That's right, I went there, and I have something extra awesome for Saturday if my friends tell me.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
When you think about it, it's not really that big of a discrepancy. I mean, if Goat/Goat's sources aren't very well versed in the intricacies of the differences in the hundreds of Pkmn moves, this is a mistake that could easily be made. And from Nintendo's standpoint in naming the move, with the release of Diamond and Pearl, they could want to choose a name of a move from that series that's just close enough to the move effect to work, regardless of perfect move-naming accuracy. In all reality, it's a pretty easy mistake to make, and ultimately the move effect is more important than the name.

Don't jump on me, just providing needed counterpoint.
I'm not jumpin on you, but since who named the moves were Sakurai's team, when the localization got it, I'm sure they named it exactly like the japanese counterpart. I'm sure that Sakurai's team wouldn't make a gross mistake like that.

And today, he said the attack is named Air Cutter. Charizard doesn't learn Air Cutter. And if it's Aerial Ace in the Coror Cro card he'll just say "My source didn't really know the name and guessed it was Air Slash."

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I'm not jumpin on you, but since who named the moves were Sakurai's team, when the localization got it, I'm sure they named it exactly like the Japanese counterpart. I'm sure that Sakurai's team wouldn't make a gross mistake like that.
I'm not saying that it's a 'gross mistake' though. I mean, yeah, to the hardcore Pkmn players, they would notice a discrepancy like that. But, in terms of business, which ultimately is the motivation for Brawl at all, it would make sense to just give the move a name from D/P because, in the long run, the differences in all of the 'Air *' moves are negligible. The only way they (the design team or localizers) could really make a 'gross mistake' is if they named the move 'Wing Attack' or something, but by the description Goat said, even THAT isn't too terribly inaccurate.

And thanks. ^ ^

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
But still, like I said, he corrected it to AIr Cutter, a move that Charizad DOES NOT learn and is from the 3RD generation.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
DID the Charizard card show up yet, anyway? Let's wait until it comes out, then see what he says. Pikachu's Neutral B is called "Thunder Jolt," which is not a real move. If they screw up the name of a move, it's not THAT big of a deal. Regardless, if it does what it's supposed to, he guessed it. The fact that the move name is a discrepancy is moot.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
DID the Charizard card show up yet, anyway? Let's wait until it comes out, then see what he says. Pikachu's Neutral B is called "Thunder Jolt," which is not a real move. If they screw up the name of a move, it's not THAT big of a deal. Regardless, if it does what it's supposed to, he guessed it. The fact that the move name is a discrepancy is moot.
But we're not talking about Charizard, we're talking about if Goat's legit. Chaizard's moves will prove him fake or not.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
But still, like I said, he corrected it to AIr Cutter, a move that Charizad DOES NOT learn and is from the 3RD generation.
And like Jack Kaiser said, the name is probably the least important detail. You're completely ignoring that he gave a detailed description of what the move does. If Charizard's card comes out, and it does exactly what goat says it does (incidentally, he writes as if he has seen the card, which is a little weird) then the name isn't important anymore.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
But we're not talking about Charizard, we're talking about if Goat's legit. Chaizard's moves will prove him fake or not.
Yeah, I know. I just went over that. If goat gets the fact that Charizard (quoted from goat: ) "slashes upward with incredible force into the air, knocking opponents in the process. He then glides through the air" correctly, then goat is still alive.

Also, we still have the matter of Saturday's big cushiony 3rd Party update.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
And like Jack Kaiser said, the name is probably the least important detail. You're completely ignoring that he gave a detailed description of what the move does. If Charizard's card comes out, and it does exactly what goat says it does (incidentally, he writes as if he has seen the card, which is a little weird) then the name isn't important anymore.
Yeah, I know. I just went over that. If goat gets the fact that Charizard (quoted from goat: ) "slashes upward with incredible force into the air, knocking opponents in the process. He then glides through the air" correctly, then goat is still alive.

Also, we still have the matter of Saturday's big cushiony 3rd Party update.
Unfortunatly the card doesn't say that. And the "Slashes through the air and then glides" thing? It's Meta Knights B-Up. Since both can glide, he went with the easy way out like Card said. Tomorrow, he'll just put 5 guys because there is a biggger chance of him being right.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Does Charizard learns Air Cutter?
I know about Air Slash... But I don't remember him using Air Cutter.
He DOES learn Air Slash, but not Air Cutter. Paradoxical? Not quite...

I just looked it up... Charizard learns Air Slash, but doesn't learn Air Cutter... now I'm confused... o_o; Which is the one thealmightygoat means?
He means whichever one will cover himself, probably. ;)

I'm not jumpin on you, but since who named the moves were Sakurai's team, when the localization got it, I'm sure they named it exactly like the japanese counterpart. I'm sure that Sakurai's team wouldn't make a gross mistake like that.

And today, he said the attack is named Air Cutter. Charizard doesn't learn Air Cutter. And if it's Aerial Ace in the Coror Cro card he'll just say "My source didn't really know the name and guessed it was Air Slash."
They would, because it's the easiest thing to do--basically copy-pasting! And though I've been working with an absolutely abysmal quality scan, I'm still pretty sure that the first characters of Charizard's Up Special do NOT match those of Air Slash--which are, funnily enough, the same beginning characters of Air Cutter.

Maybe this will serve as true disconfirmation of thealmightygoat, then. :chuckle:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Covering his *** is a little fishy, BUT the name is moot as everybody said. The moves are pretty much interchangeable visually, despite their major differences in the world of Pokemon.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
So? Pikachu can't do Skull Bash in Pokemon but can in Smash Bros.
Technically, he could. In RBY, he could learn Skull Bash with TM40. Surprisingly, he didn't have it in Smash Bros. 64, the only time when it would make sense...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
This guy gets worse and worse.....

Hes going to reveal 5 characters. One of them is a real character and the other 4 aren't but hes not going to say which. So I take it he named the 5 mos tlikely third parties and when one of them is revealed he's going to be like "I told you! I was right!"

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Not really, even if Charizard's up B is what he said it is it could be a lucky guess. Not even lucky actually, Charizard has wings so his Up B is very likely going to have something to do with flying up. The only move he could have that could really disprove him is if it was like Seismic Toss.

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie

Hes going to reveal 5 characters. One of them is a real character and the other 4 aren't but hes not going to say which. So I take it he named the 5 mos tlikely third parties and when one of them is revealed he's going to be like "I told you! I was right!"
Exactly. Glad to see not everyone on these boards is completely ********.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
He DOES learn Air Slash, but not Air Cutter. Paradoxical?

Maybe this will serve as true disconfirmation of thealmightygoat, then. :chuckle:
While it probably will, we have to remember that Smash-verse rendition of Pokemon don't necessarily have to make sense all the time.

For instance, look at Mewtwo. He NEVER learns Teleport in the games, and yet that's his Up+B in his Smash-rendition. And I don't think I even need to bring up how Purin/Puff's "Rest" attack is anything BUT completely faithful to its "proper" form...

So, again, I'm not supporting goat in any sense, but I will say that attacks making "sense" or what have you is probably the least of our concerns when we're talking about Smash Pokemon.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Not really, even if Charizard's up B is what he said it is it could be a lucky guess. Not even lucky actually, Charizard has wings so his Up B is very likely going to have something to do with flying up. The only move he could have that could really disprove him is if it was like Seismic Toss.
Speaking of which, if his up+B isn't Seismic Toss, I hope his up grab is, b/c I remember the first time I saw that in the anime (when Charizard faced Magmar). That was THE greatest moment in Pokemon history. Hands down.

Yeah...I can think of a number of wing based moves Charizard could use that could use this description:
-Air Cutter
-Air Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Fly (even though it would be the reverse, Charizard would have to fly, then attack)

thealmightygoat is definitely covering his bases if it's one of the first two. If it's Aerial Ace, but still has that description, it's still "solid" in a sense. If it's Seismic Toss, then he's definitely debunked. If it's Fly, either Sakurai really F'd up with the name of he's definitely lying.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Exactly. Glad to see not everyone on these boards is completely ********.
yeah at first I was like, this guy is somewhat believable. But with every update I doubt him more and more. I never supported him in the first place though, but of the "leaks" his seemed most realistic.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of which, if his up+B isn't Seismic Toss, I hope his up grab is, b/c I remember the first time I saw that in the anime (when Charizard faced Magmar). That was THE greatest moment in Pokemon history. Hands down.

Yeah...I can think of a number of wing based moves Charizard could use that could use this description:
-Air Cutter
-Air Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Fly (even though it would be the reverse, Charizard would have to fly, then attack)

thealmightygoat is definitely covering his bases if it's one of the first two. If it's Aerial Ace, but still has that description, it's still "solid" in a sense. If it's Seismic Toss, then he's definitely debunked. If it's Fly, either Sakurai really F'd up with the name of he's definitely lying.
Fly could easily be like Pit's B-up.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

not saying hes real but did he say that t will be 5 characters from one company?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
not saying hes real but did he say that t will be 5 characters from one company?
He said he's listing five characters from one company tomorrow. One of them will (allegedly) be playable. He said the other four MAY appear in Brawl. Therefore, as long as one of the characters he mentioned is playable and at LEAST one other is appearing in the game, he's covered. Of course, if somehow two characters from that list is playable, he will be debunked as well.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I guess it was already covered, but he claimed someone told him Air Slash is not a pokemon move, which is a lie. I dunno why anyone who hadn't played 4th gen would be making such a claim.

Ah well, it'll be interesting when he makes a truly fatal mistake. Tortimer II trophy? Please. Why not "Dark Tortimer" or "Posessed Tortimer"

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Also, why 2 Tortimer trophys? Anyone that played AC before knows Tortimer is the most unimportant town character. Blathers, Kk Slider, Tom Nook, the ABle SIisters, Pelly and Phyliss are all more important then him.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Also, why 2 Tortimer trophys? Anyone that played AC before knows Tortimer is the most unimportant town character. Blathers, Kk Slider, Tom Nook, the ABle SIisters, Pelly and Phyliss are all more important then him.
Well, it would be for the same reason you'd need a trophy of a Possessed Zelda as opposed to a normal one.

Didn't he also say his 3rd party leak is going to all be from the same company? Thus, his safety buffer isn't as ridiculous as say, oh, you know, the asinine "three lie" guy.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out that this guy says Charizard's Up Special is "Air Slash". We still can't get the exact translation, but I'm 99% sure that it is not Air slash. The text for Air Slash doesn't resemble the blurry text on Charizard's card at all.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I am beleiving the guy and even if it's false, it's a nice way to pass the time.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The #1 reason why this guy is a fake:

His account would have been banned a long time ago. Why don't all leakers have a little blog where they slowly release info to gather fame? Because if they were leaking info that Nintendo is very careful about, then Nintendo would catch them, and have their account shut off. When a true leak happens, it happens all at once, so the information can't be stopped. The very existence of his account given his method of leaking, shows that this cannot possibly be true.

Among other reasons, of course.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace

His account would have been banned a long time ago. Why don't all leakers have a little blog where they slowly release info to gather fame? Because if they were leaking info that Nintendo is very careful about, then Nintendo would catch them, and have their account shut off. When a true leak happens, it happens all at once, so the information can't be stopped. The very existence of his account given his method of leaking, shows that this cannot possibly be true.

QFT, SP. QFT.

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie

Then why don't you lock this thread?

Igneous42

Smash Ace

Curses I with I had thought of that. But yeah that too good point thar. I think that because there was a Leak with Melee everyone things there has to be one with Brawl. But they don't consider that maybe because there was a leak with Melee the opposite happened and Nintendo is much more careful with keeping info under wraps.

People act like leaks have to happen, but they don't some companies can keep things under wraps. And some like Blizzard can't....but Nintendo can

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Because, frankly, he's believable...to a degree. I think we should be fair to thealmightygoat and let him debunk himself with a fact from a future DOJO update.
Hasn't he already debunked himself a few times? Besides the fact that he's not even that believeable....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom