• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Samus vs Falco guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

brg

Smash Ace
You know what would really be awesome?

If someone put that clip on youtube.

And what would be even more awesome is, if it was Hugs himself who put the clip on youtube (even if someone wanted to sell it)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm sure any samus player would suggest up and b out of shield. I know I had problems with the timing, and I was told you are supposed to up and b right after the shine, which seems logical, and it also works well.
Up B after the L-canceled aerial and before the shine. There's a good chance you can miss if you press Up B after the shine if they wavedash out of their shine or jump at a particular angle. Also, say if they were to waveshine/jump left or right, since they are holding that direction, they would easy DI away from the Up B, that is, if you even hit them.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Up B after the L-canceled aerial and before the shine. There's a good chance you can miss if you press Up B after the shine if they wavedash out of their shine or jump at a particular angle. Also, say if they were to waveshine/jump left or right, since they are holding that direction, they would easy DI away from the Up B, that is, if you even hit them.
You wait until after the shine because if they go airborne, you can UpB then and be protected from their drill. If they WD towards you, then they just DI into the UpB. If they WD away, you just have to see it coming and WD away yourself. It's not a perfect defense, but it's one of the best in the game against moves like the shine.

Mars-

Smash Champion
You wait until after the shine because if they go airborne, you can UpB then and be protected from their drill. If they WD towards you, then they just DI into the UpB. If they WD away, you just have to see it coming and WD away yourself. It's not a perfect defense, but it's one of the best in the game against moves like the shine.
Yeah lol, there is like 1 frame that you can actually get out your up b lol. Afterwords there is quite a bit more.

Also, say if they were to waveshine/jump left or right, since they are holding that direction, they would easy DI away from the Up B, that is, if you even hit them.
Lets say they don't want to follow up on any of their attacks, clearly they aren't going to win.

Lets say that if your waiting till after their shine, then they don't have enough time to jump out of the way of your up and b.

Lets say, that nothing a fox can do to punish your up and b is really that effective.

Lets say you learn how to play a character before you comment on how to play them.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
OOOOORRRRRRRR

You can just do it in between the aerial and shine and hit them every ****ing time.
Lets say that if your waiting till after their shine, then they don't have enough time to jump out of the way of your up and b.
Let's say you don't and do it after the L-canceled aerial, that way, they'll get hit no matter what.
Lets say, that nothing a fox can do to punish your up and b is really that effective.
Exactly, so you do it inbetween the aerial and the shine...lol, HugS does it. I do it and it works fine against CunningKitsune.
Lets say you learn how to play a character before you comment on how to play them.
LOL, my Samus>>>yours, money match?
Let's see....you get 3 stocked by Big C, Kirkq beats Big C, my Samus ***** Kirkq, my Samus practically goes even with CunningKitsune's Falco, soo...I think I know how to use this character, especially at a higher level then you. Oh snap, I can basically say this same thing to you lolololzzz
Good one.

You should prolly get good at SmashBros before you mock other people's skill mangz, seriously. I know you like to talk ****, but I think it's worthless if you're insanely bad at the game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
OOOOORRRRRRRR

You can just do it in between the aerial and shine and hit them every ****ing time.
Maybe if they miss the L-cancel and/or drill too early. They might drill early to mix things up, in which case you can do it then. I think my point is that it's a guessing game, and doing it before or after is largely dependent on what your opponent plans on doing.

Also, if they DI out of it, it's still a hit, and DIing out of the hit yeilds a lot of knockback, so it's a bit harder to punish.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maybe if they miss the L-cancel and/or drill too early. They might drill early to mix things up, in which case you can do it then. I think my point is that it's a guessing game, and doing it before or after is largely dependent on what your opponent plans on doing.
No, not maybe. Trust me, it works. Look at HugS lol. Yes, I do know that you can hit them even after the shine, but why do that if you can always hit them before it.
Also, if they DI out of it, it's still a hit, and DIing out of the hit yeilds a lot of knockback, so it's a bit harder to punish.
Actually, it's easier to punish. DIing out of it=not getting hit by the entire attack and recovering before Samus.

Mars-

Smash Champion
OOOOORRRRRRRR

Let's say you don't and do it after the L-canceled aerial, that way, they'll get hit no matter what.

Exactly, so you do it inbetween the aerial and the shine...lol, HugS does it. I do it and it works fine against CunningKitsune.

Let's see....you get 3 stocked by Big C, Kirkq beats Big C, my Samus ***** Kirkq, my Samus practically goes even with CunningKitsune's Falco, soo...I think I know how to use this character, especially at a higher level then you. Oh snap, I can basically say this same thing to you lolololzzz
Good one.

You should prolly get good at SmashBros before you mock other people's skill mangz, seriously. I know you like to talk ****, but I think it's worthless if you're insanely bad at the game.
Rofl, your too funny. No really, especially your little ladder. FYI, cunning is a fox main. Good job beating his falco.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Rofl, your too funny. No really, especially your little ladder.
Umm, idk what you mean. All I can say is my way = HugS way and he's godly.
Look at what you're arguing about. You really think you know better than HugS?
FYI, cunning is a fox main. Good job beating his falco.
FYI, good is amazing at this game. All good Fox mains have a good Falco. *fact*
I mean, it makes sense since he's so much easier to use. Btw...yeah, his Falco can take out many of the players in the MW and go practically even with the top (I mean, Fox tech skill + Falco + good knowledge of the character lol). Didn't you say you haven't played him in a while?
But yeah, you should prolly play a good Falco, beating Sveet doesn't really mean much lolz.
ur dum

Edit: Do you accept the money match or not?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Rofl, this guy makes a new aim account just so he can message me some more, and clearly thinks that by up and b after shine I mean beforee the downair and shine, just ccheck out his aim message he sent me:

I meant Dair combined with the Shine. God you are dumb. Your way = getting hit by 2 moves, mine = one move. Also, like I was saying, I'd rather deal with less lag. Also, look at this, if you get used to doing it after his aerials...you'll get used to doing after aerials...in general, right? Say you fight a cfalcon and accidentally hold ur shield to long to get an up b, u'd look like an idiot. my way = hugs way...soo, i yeah. that's basically enough said. wow, u should really concentrate on getting good at this ****ing game, seriously. start by not losing to terrible players LOLZ

My way=getting hit by no moves.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Rofl, this guy makes a new aim account just so he can message me some more, and clearly thinks that by up and b after shine I mean beforee the downair and shine, just ccheck out his aim message he sent me:
Blacksmashplayer is my first sn, as any NJ player lol.
But yeah, congrats on avoiding an argument by blocking me, really helped your side of the argument.
I meant Dair combined with the Shine. God you are dumb. Your way = getting hit by 2 moves, mine = one move. Also, like I was saying, I'd rather deal with less lag. Also, look at this, if you get used to doing it after his aerials...you'll get used to doing after aerials...in general, right? Say you fight a cfalcon and accidentally hold ur shield to long to get an up b, u'd look like an idiot. my way = hugs way...soo, i yeah. that's basically enough said. wow, u should really concentrate on getting good at this ****ing game, seriously. start by not losing to terrible players LOLZ

My way=getting hit by no moves.
? Shield getting hit, not Samus herself. We were talking about shield stun, I could only assume you weren't that ****ing ********, but you proved me wrong. Congrats. Falco will hit your shield with the Dair, then shine your way. That's 2 moves. My way...or, HugS/Wes/Good way, the aerial and only the aerial hits.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Blacksmashplayer is my first sn

? Shield getting hit, not Samus herself. Falco will hit your shield with the Dair, then shine your way. That's 2 moves. My way...or, HugS/Wes/Good way, the aerial and only the aerial hits.
I'm sorry, but the wes way is powershielding. please learn what you are talking about.

BIG C

Smash Master
OOOOORRRRRRRR

Good one.

let's see kirk beat me without just standing on the top platform of a stage the whole match. then let's see u beat eddie in a set in tournament then let's see u beat drephen a game in tournament then u can make fun of ppl losing to me. but kirk is most definitely not better than me at this game he just camps and it's ******** as hell.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but the wes way is powershielding. please learn what you are talking about.
Lol, watch Wes vs PC. He doesn't spam it like HugS, but he definately does it.
OOOOORRRRRR
How about you ACTUALLY play him? He did it to me.
You suck at arguing, it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with you lol
then let's see u beat eddie in a set in tournament then let's see u beat drephen a game in tournament
kk
then u can make fun of ppl losing to me.
You didn't use your main and 3 stocked him... >_>
but kirk is most definitely not better than me at this game he just camps and it's ******** as hell.
Truth, but were are talking about Falco if I'm not mistaken.

BIG C

Smash Master
i have 2 mains peach and sheik NJ i use peach for some matchups and sheik for others. my sheik is on par if not better than my peach.

and with ur logic u used to compare samus's i am better than darkrain bcuz i beat viperboy and viperboy beat darkrain at a tournament so therefore BIG C > Darkrain.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Ah, ok.

Hmm...but Mars is still ****ing terrible :(
I'm sorry that you refer to one match for your judgment on skill, not to mention that you actually use videos to figure out how good people are.

But anyway, I was going to make a long as video of wes powershielding downairs, but I got bored after teh first two matchs, so here is the video:

Wes Powershielding

If you need more proof I can happily show you my aim log with him telling me that he powershields falcos downair.

HugQ: I would, but when I realized how annoying this guy was on aim as well, I blocked him.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm sorry that you refer to one match for your judgment on skill, not to mention that you actually use videos to figure out how good people are.
False, remember? I asked fellow MW players about you and everyone of them said you're extremely bad LOL
You seem to have a great rep in your own region man.
But yeah, if you are good (which is wrong), then ****ing accept my money match -_-
Anyways, I'm not judging your skill on videos, I actually always tell people not to do that. I searched to see which people you have played and no experienced Falco players came up. Dude, I already knew your terrible beforehand <_<
But anyway, I was going to make a long as video of wes powershielding downairs, but I got bored after teh first two matchs, so here is the video:

Wes Powershielding

If you need more proof I can happily show you my aim log with him telling me that he powershields falcos downair.
Dude, I told you. He doesn't use it like HugS does at all. But would you serious say he's NEVER DONE IT before?

I MOTHER ****ING PLAYED WES BEFORE

Also, HugS??? Hello? Isn't he like, amazing as well? Dayumn, isn't this thread about him too?
HugQ: I would, but when I realized how annoying this guy was on aim as well, I blocked him.
Actually, I told you to stop talking so I can say what I had to say....but you blocked me before doing so.
lol, then again, anyone can tell that way you said is false looking at the way you talk online.

Wow, just wow :laugh: You're definately done now Mars. Just go practice getting better at this game instead of trying to start random **** online. No joke, I'm serious.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow... the formerly dead thread has arisen to start up a whole new chain of arguments that are in almost no relation to the thread itself. So when can we expect the vids? Or is it only on the OC3 dvd

brg

Smash Ace
It doesnt whos better between you two, Hugs **** you anyways.

Mars-

Smash Champion
False, remember? I asked fellow MW players about you and everyone of them said you're extremely bad LOL
You seem to have a great rep in your own region man.
I'm curious, who besides cunning did you actually talk to? And cunning defenately isn't a reliable source, I played him a year ago, he has no idea how good I am now.

But yeah, if you are good (which is wrong), then ****ing accept my money match -_-
If you really want a mm, come out here and I'm sure you will get one.
Anyways, I'm not judging your skill on videos, I actually always tell people not to do that. I searched to see which people you have played and no experienced Falco players came up. Dude, I already knew your terrible beforehand <_<[/QUOTE]

Dude, I told you. He doesn't use it like HugS does at all. But would you serious say he's NEVER DONE IT before?
I never said he doesn't do it, look at the video I posted, he powershields and then up and b. I'm sorry it's that hard to comprehend a sentance.

I MOTHER ****ING PLAYED WES BEFORE
Good job.

Actually, I told you to stop talking so I can say what I had to say....but you blocked me before doing so.
lol, then again, anyone can tell that way you said is false looking at the way you talk online.
Lol, you simply wouldn't stop talking is more like it.

Wow, just wow :laugh: You're definately done now Mars. Just go practice getting better at this game instead of trying to start random **** online. No joke, I'm serious.
This is almost as intelligent of a insult as your little ladder. Hmmm, I beat eddie in some friendlies, I'm sure eddie has beaten ken in some friendlies too, OMG, I'M BETTER THEN KEN, GG.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Private Message from Zjiin, titled "LOL"

Zjiin said:
Someone just directed me to the argument between you and Mars. Dude, give up. I blocked this dumbass already. He just likes to argue like he knows what he's talking about and he's absolutely terrible. He goes to only one local tourneys and he almost never enters. He's a troll and he'll ignore any money match you propose.

Just don't want anyone else besides me to waste any more time on this scrub.

~Z
Yeah, I'll just listen to Zjiin.
I think I'm done here.

Mars-

Smash Champion

I think I'm done here.
I'm sure zjiin forgot to tell you that I'm so terrible I ***** him in our last mm, oh and in a tourny match too. Infact, I ***** him so bad I didn't even feel like taking his money. He even decided to just not show up for our last money match.

And by never entering, he means that I didn't enter one tourny. OMG!

Mars-

Smash Champion

I think I'm done here.
I'm sure zjiin forgot to tell you that I'm so terrible I ***** him in our last mm, oh and in a tourny match too. Infact, I ***** him so bad I didn't even feel like taking his money. He even decided to just not show up for our last money match.

And by never entering, he means that I didn't enter one tourny. OMG!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I see, so beating him automatically makes you good and not a troll.
Whether you're truely are better than him or not, you had to resort to mocking his skill to defend yourself, which is sad. Since that's what you did to me, now I know what he said is definitely true.
Regardless, Zjiin>you, which is a fact. Ask any MW player, I mean, he has good experience with Tink, Eddie, and CunningKitsune.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this is done now.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I see, so beating him automatically makes you good and not a troll.
I never said that, unlike you however, who said that because you beat cunning's falco, you are good. I'll ask you one last question, off of the bases of 2 players opinions, 1 who I beat, and 1 who played me a long long long long long time ago, how do you somehow come up with an idea of my skill level? I mean, considering that I have shown you that I was better then ken, I just don't see how you can possibly consider me worse then you.

And I don't get how you can call me a troll, considering that you came in the last thread I posted in and started flaming me, for no reason might I add.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Reread the post, I edited it.
Also, I came up with your skill level from a number of players, not one (Kirkq, Iggy, Ckit, Zjiin, Big C, Sveet). If you can find an experienced player who can say you truely are skilled at this game, then please go ahead since I'm obviously having no luck doing so.

Also, you seem to forget I took your post seriously in that last thread. If I knew it was a joke, I wouldn't of posted correcting you. And I recall a certain someone saying "get out of these forums", "someone with almost 5k post and doesn't win anything". I'm pretty sure you spat the fire before I did sir.

That's about it, unless you want to ruin this thread some more?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Whether you're truely are better than him or not, you had to resort to mocking his skill to defend yourself, which is sad. Since that's what you did to me, now I know what he said is definitely true
Thats quite ironic that you mention that, since that seems to be the basis of your whole arguement. And that arguement, is based off of people's opinions that well, don't really matter. Now unlike my arguement, which is based off of facts. Now as I recall, I accepted your money match, when are you planning on following through with it? No johns.

Ask any MW player
Off of the top of my head I can remember 6 people saying that they think I am better then zjiin.

Reread the post, I edited it.
Also, I came up with your skill level from a number of players, not one (Kirkq, Iggy, Ckit, Zjiin, Big C, Sveet). If you can find an experienced player who can say you truely are skilled at this game, then please go ahead since I'm obviously having no luck doing so.
Rofl, Never played Kirkq or iggy. Sveet is in my crew so he was joking when he told you I was bad, if he did lol, I'm sorry that you count experience as being better, instead of results, which clearly the results are me beating zjiin. Perhaps he is more priviliged to play somebody like tink and eddie every week. Big C, I have no problem with him saying I am not good cause he beat me fair and square, don't even feel like having to tell you again about cunning.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Thats quite ironic that you mention that, since that seems to be the basis of your whole arguement. And that arguement, is based off of people's opinions that well, don't really matter. Now unlike my arguement, which is based off of facts.
Yes, it was my opinion that Big C 3 stocks you.
The opinions of people more experienced than you = more creditable.
Now as I recall, I accepted your money match, when are you planning on following through with it? No johns.
Whenever we meet. It's not like him eager to play you. How much shall it be sir?
Off of the top of my head I can remember 6 people saying that they think I am better then zjiin.
I meant any MW player that would say you're skilled at this game, please read.
Rofl, Never played Kirkq or iggy. Sveet is in my crew so he was joking when he told you I was bad, if he did lol, I'm sorry that you count experience as being better, instead of results, which clearly the results are me beating zjiin. Perhaps he is more priviliged to play somebody like tink and eddie every week. Big C, I have no problem with him saying I am not good cause he beat me fair and square, don't even feel like having to tell you again about cunning.
I don't know, it makes sense to believe someone who plays good people alot is more skilled than someone who rarely does.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Lol, i was directed back to this thread for laughs because Mars is braggin about a MM where he beat my sandbagging characters. Laughs all around.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Rofl at the sandbagging part.

You change your main every time you lose, lets look at your history:

Quit samus because you realized you weren't good.

Say that you main ICs, then start saying that you just play them for fun, and fox is your main.

Beat your fox, marth, and falco, and now your saying that those are your sandbagging characters. Lol.

And "i was directed back". I guessed exactly what you would do, I post in a thread your subscribed to, your on that page for 1 second, then searching forums, then here, doesn't sound like you were directed.

Good job blocking me too, you truly seem to keep your blocks for a long time. Bragging rights to zjiin.

Mars-

Smash Champion
There is actually this cool feature on forums, that allows you to see posts that have been made by members you have blocked. It's not hard to do, you just click on that cool blue text on the top right corner of my post saying something like view post.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
This thread is going nowhere fast. The event referenced has already passed, so end of discussion lacking HugS re-making the thread with videos included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom