• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A "Psystriking" Discovery: The Mewtwo Moveset Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It would be nice if they can let you angle his F-Tilt and F-Smash.

American JEDI

Smash Cadet
Here's what I would like to see for Mewtwo's Up B (teleport recovery special):
The following concept would be completely unique to Mewtwo and also
NEVER BEFORE SEEN on Smash Bros.
So here goes...

SIMILAR TO PREVIOUS "UP B"
(1) Mewtwo's "Up-B" would still be a teleport move. You disappear and then reappear...
(2) It would work in different directions: Up, Down, Right, Left, Various Diagonals...

DIFFERENCES TO PREVIOUS "UP B"
(also considered significant buffs, which Mewtwo desperately needs)
(1) Like Fox's "side B", one would now be able to shorten the distance traveled by quickly double tapping "B". This would lend itself to greater mind-game options. Also allowing greater movement control for Mewtwo in general.
(2) Now, here's where things get interesting and would drastically improve Mewtwo's meta-game. I propose that Up B would now give Mewtwo the ability of teleporting clean through stage walls,obstacles, and/or floors.

Mewtwo would now be able to recover from under the stage. (ex. Up B from under Final Destination or through "the fin" on Corneria). This would be the "never before seen" concept I was referring to. Tell me what you think.

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
So here goes...

(1) Mewtwo's "Up-B" would still be a teleport move. You disappear and then reappear...
(2) It would work in different directions: Up, Down, Right, Left, Various Diagonals...

(1) Like Fox's "side B", one would now be able to shorten the distance traveled by quickly double tapping "B". This would lend itself to greater mind-game options. Also allowing greater movement control for Mewtwo in general.
(2) Now, here's where things get interesting and would drastically improve Mewtwo's meta-game. I propose that Up B would now give Mewtwo the ability of teleporting clean through stage walls,obstacles, and/or floors.

Mewtwo would now be able to recover from under the stage. (ex. Up B from under Final Destination or through "the fin" on Corneria). This would be the "never before seen" concept I was referring to. Tell me what you think.
This would be absolutely amazing. Now let him act out of it and we'll be golden.

godogod

Smash Ace
So here goes...

Then he would have the best recovery in the game, and people are going to complain and he will get nerfed.
I don't think its a great idea myself personally. Floors and platforms, that's alright.. But if he is under a stage and actually telports from the bottom of a stage through the base, that would be ridiculously broken.

You know what I think would be cool personally though? If he can take any projectiles thrown at him with him while he teleports, and the projectile gets deflected behind him after he finishes teleporting in his new position. Imagine someone throwing a projectile at you and teleporting behind them.. Heh.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ah, a moveset thread! It's been a while since I came up with a moveset, so this may be a great mental exercise. Here's a healthy dose of speculation!

MEWTWO
STRIKES BACK!

Overview:
  • Mewtwo returns as a veteran after many years, but this time, the famed legendary Pokemon returns better than ever! Despite being known to be one of the most powerful and feared Pokemons in existence, Mewtwo's playstyle in Super Smash Bros. Melee left much to be desired. Although his moveset offers many advantages for the genetic Pokemon, he suffered from a number of flaws that hampered his playstyle. In fact, he was once considered the absolute worst character in the game (yes, even worse than Pichu)! However, he has now become much more powerful, and now lives up to his title as the Ultimate Pokemon!
General stats:
    • Overall, Mewtwo was buffed since his introduction in Melee in terms of power, defense and speed.
    • His walk and his dash has been made faster.
    • He is now heavier. Previously, he had 85 units of weight, which made him lighter than Peach, who had 90 units. Now, he's around 96, the same weight as Pit.
    • Most of his attacks, while not as powerful as before, now have longer reach and less start up and ending lag.
    • His killing moves have more knockback power.
    • Because of his upright stance, Mewtwo is taller, making him easier to hit. However, the hurtbox in his tail has been removed/reduced.
Standard attacks:
  • Ground Attacks:
    • Jab: A modified version of his older jab. He extends his arm forward and releases a burst of dark energy from it, then does so with the other, this one doing more damage. He then extends his previous arm to create a dark vortex in from of him, rapidly damaging however is hit by it. Eventually, the vortex bursts, sending opponents away.
    • Side Tilt: Instead of a flick with his tail, he extends his arm to shoot a small beam of energy. Has decent reach and speed, can be tilted.
    • Up Tilt: The same as before. He flips upwards, flinging opponents up with his tail.
    • Down Tilt: While crouching, Mewtwo spins around, sweeping opponents with his tail. Can cause tripping.
    • Dash Attack: Improved from the original. Mewtwo now extends his arm forward and emits dark energy from it, while he spins around. Visually similar to Kirby's dash attack in Melee.
  • Smash Attacks
    • Forward Smash: A mix between his old F-Smash and D-Smash. He extends his arm forward, pointing with his finger, as a blast of darkness bursts in front of his. It can be tilted.
    • Up Smash: Mewtwo raises his hand upwards, releasing a galaxy-like vortex above him. This vortex can pull opponents towards Mewtwo, where they can be hit by it.
    • Down Smash: Mewtwo contracts himself, then extends his limbs outwards, which releases a small, but powerful shock wave. This shock wave makes the ground below Mewtwo crumble, hurting anyone standing next to Mewtwo.
  • Aerial Attacks:
    • Nair: Mewtwo covers his body in an electric field, dealing consecutive damage.
    • Fair: His iconic Shadow Claw. He slashes foes with shadow energy, which now has a larger hitbox than before.
    • Bair: Slaps his enemies from behind with his tail.
    • Uair: Redesigned. He now swings his arm above him, releasing icy energy out of his hand. Retains the juggling capabilities of his previous Uair, but now has a chance of freezing opponents.
    • Dair: Redesigned. He now launches a blast of flames below him from his hands. Has a bit of a start up lag, but is a powerful meteor smash.
  • Throws:
    • Grab: Performs a force choke on the opponent. Lifts them in the air telepathically as he makes a grip gesture with his hand, strangling his victim.
    • Pummel: Clenches his fist, zapping his opponent.
    • Forward Throw: Launches his foe forward, pelting them with a barrage of shadowy projectiles.
    • Backward Throw: Throws his opponents backward with huge power. One his best finishers.
    • Up Throw: Flings his opponents upwards, spinning. His strongest throw.
    • Down Throw: Slams his enemy into the ground, making them bounce. Great combo starter.
Special attacks:
  • Neutral B:
    • Shadow Ball: His trademark attack. Mewtwo charges a dark ball of energy, and is functionally similar to Lucario's Aura Sphere. However, Shadow Ball deals the same amount of damage regardless of Mewtwo's damage counter, and is stronger than Aura Sphere (when Lucario is at 0%), but takes longer to fully charge. It also moves in an erratic pattern when shot, making it tough to dodge. Foes can be hurt as the Shadow Ball is being charged.
    • Gravity Well: It takes longer to charge, but it can pull in opponents as it charges. Additionally, a fully charged Gravity Well is far larger than a Shadow Ball. When shot, it goes in a straight line, and is super slow, but has a vacuum effect that traps opponent and constantly deals damage.
    • Psycho Cut: Charges almost instantly, and releases a slicing wave of psychic energy that slashes enemies upwards. Great damage and knockback, but has lower range as it isn't a projectile.
  • Side B:
    • Psychic: A powered up, renamed version of Confusion. It serves as a special grab that doubles as a reflector, like it always has. When used as a grab, it twirls opponents around, but then it fires them away instead of just dropping them. Also, if it grabs an opponent in midair, Mewtwo remains suspended in the air. As a reflector, it, uh, well, reflects projectiles... although now it can actually damage opponents with reflected projectiles.
    • Psycho Fling: A grab-centric variant of Psychic. The throw is now faster, stronger, and has longer reach, but it can no longer reflect projectiles.
    • Light Screen: A reflect-centric of Psychic. The reflective hitbox is now larger and last longer, and reflected projectiles now do twice as much damage as they normally would, but it can no longer grab opponents.
  • Up B:
    • Teleport: Mewtwo instantly warps from one point to the other. It travels as far as it did in Melee, but now Mewtwo no longer enters helpless mode upon using the move, letting him attack after using the move (obviously, he can't teleport again until he lands).
    • Mirror Image: Similar to Pikachu's Quick Attack. Mewtwo can now teleport twice, allowing him to play mind games with his adversary. However, a single teleport goes a shorter distance than the standard version, and actually puts him in helpless mode after using it.
    • Shock Warp: Upon reappearing, Mewtwo now causes an electric shock wave appear around him, damaging opponents. Distance is shorter than standard version.
  • Down B:
    • Flash: Upgraded from his old Disable move. It now creates a blinding flash that covers both of Mewtwo's sides at close range. The flash dazes opponents, as if they had their shield broken, allowing Mewtwo to attack them while they can't move. When using this move, Mewtwo gains super armor for a few frames.
    • Hypnosis: He now generates psychic waves around him, sending opponents to sleep. It lasts slightly longer than Flash.
    • Disable: Instead of dazing his enemies on both sides, Mewtwo now paralyzes his foes in front of him, as if they were hit by Zamus's Paralyzer.
Final Smash:
    • Mega Mewtwo Y: Mewtwo morphs into the destructive Mega Mewtwo Y! The transformation itself is an aesthetic change, though. Mega Mewtwo Y rises to the top of the screen, and charges a destructive Psystrike attack! The move functions similarly as Lucario's Aura Storm.
Other additions:
  • Taunts
    • Spins around, laughing in a sinister tone.
    • Levitates, causing small debris to float alongside him. He then says "You can't escape me!".
    • Crosses his arms, looks the other way, and says "Fool..."
  • Victory animation
    • Turns his back to the camera and looks at it over his shoulder, saying "What a waste of time".
    • Teleports on screen, slowly descending onto the ground, exclaiming "I cannot be defeated!"
    • Spins around, levitating, as he laughs maniacally.
  • [may include other stuff]
Phew... that was a lot. But yeah, this is my vision on what Mewtwo would turn out to be in this game! I'll add other bonus things later.

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I think a pretty cool custom Side-B might be the move "Thief". It'd function similarly to Villagers Pocket, but instead of Mewtwo putting whatever he catches away, it'd begin rapidly circling his body. He can do this with up to 3 projectiles at once. Each captured projectile also has a chance to clank with another projectile (though this is not guaranteed). Best part is, he'd be able to shoot back the latest projectile he's captured with twice the power. Now here's the downside. The more projectiles Mewtwo has in his possession at any given time, the heavier he becomes, making him fall faster, move slower, and jump lower. With 3 projectiles circling him at once, Mewtwo runs at about 75% normal speed. Shooting a projectile would also have end lag directly dependent on the damage and knockback that projectile does (this also factors in the double damage you get from shooting the projectile back in the first place).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly. I think Mewtwo should keep his special moves. Shadow Ball should move up and down much faster (as well as not loose this movement when fully charged.) and horizantaly travel the same speed as Aura Sphere. Confusion should have more range, and the projectiles it reflects should damage the opponent. Teleport should stay relatively the same, and Disable should act more like Zero Suit Samus's Paralyzer shot (more range and stun duration without being a projectile.)

godogod

Smash Ace
@ SchAlternate SchAlternate .

I'm digging Standard, Side , and Up specials.. Down special though.Not sure how I feel about flash.. . Broken shield animation is ridiculously long as it is in this game. Sounds a bit unbalanced depending on how fast its executed and its ranged. Stunning opponents sounds great though.

My idea of disable is your custom 2, as well as disabling the last special an opponent was using for 10 seconds(like the real games), and Hypnosis and Dream Eater(working similar to Robin's down Special netasferu or w/w its called).

Other than that. Being lightweight and a tall target is not a good combination at all. I would rather have him on the ehavier side.. Like towards Samus or Captain Falcon personally. I've mentioend a few months back actually that they could do some kind of mechanic where he is as heavy as Samus on the ground, but as soon as he's in the air(like jumping/levitating etc), his weight is decreased to Lucario or a bit less. It can fit in with Mewtwo's description in Melee about hovering in mid-air but sacrificing weight as a result. But that's just me.

Also, I would absolutely love if it if he had an attack or two that was good against multiple enemies. Melee Mewtwo is geared towards one on one fights.. But is terrible in multiplayer matches because of his weight, size, and lack of attacks that can handle multiple targets. His down smash in melee only hit in one direction, which is bad enough as it is. So I'm hoping his down smash can hit what's behind him, and I hope that Psycho Cut actually penetrates through enemies. This would be great against multiple enemies. It could work like Greninja's Water Shuriken, but I wouldn't care honestly if it was a rip off with minor differences. It will make him much more versatile in team matches and 4 player brawls.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
@ SchAlternate SchAlternate .

I'm digging Standard, Side , and Up specials.. Down special though.Not sure how I feel about flash.. . Broken shield animation is ridiculously long as it is in this game. Sounds a bit unbalanced depending on how fast its executed and its ranged. Stunning opponents sounds great though.

My idea of disable is your custom 2, as well as disabling the last special an opponent was using for 10 seconds(like the real games), and Hypnosis and Dream Eater(working similar to Robin's down Special netasferu or w/w its called).
I didn't mention that enemies stunned by Flash would remain stunned for the same amount of time as if they had their shield broken. It's essentially the same as before, only now it also affects opponents behind Mewtwo, and it no longer behaves as a projectile.

I might change one of the specials for Hypnosis, though...

Other than that. Being lightweight and a tall target is not a good combination at all. I would rather have him on the ehavier side.. Like towards Samus or Captain Falcon personally. I've mentioend a few months back actually that they could do some kind of mechanic where he is as heavy as Samus on the ground, but as soon as he's in the air(like jumping/levitating etc), his weight is decreased to Lucario or a bit less. It can fit in with Mewtwo's description in Melee about hovering in mid-air but sacrificing weight as a result. But that's just me.
To me, being tall and relatively light is perfect for Mewtwo. I mean, Mewtwo is a really evasive character, being floaty, having a long roll dodge, a long lasting and tricky to predict air dodge, the ability to Teleport, etc. On top of that, he's got a great recovery.

So being light makes Mewtwo players to be always aware of their surroundings, evade incoming attacks with grace, and vanquish their attackers.

His problem in Melee was the fact that he was too light for a character that large. In addition to that, his more effective moves were either too slow on the draw or lacking in range.

Also, I would absolutely love if it if he had an attack or two that was good against multiple enemies. Melee Mewtwo is geared towards one on one fights.. But is terrible in multiplayer matches because of his weight, size, and lack of attacks that can handle multiple targets. His down smash in melee only hit in one direction, which is bad enough as it is. So I'm hoping his down smash can hit what's behind him, and I hope that Psycho Cut actually penetrates through enemies. This would be great against multiple enemies. It could work like Greninja's Water Shuriken, but I wouldn't care honestly if it was a rip off with minor differences. It will make him much more versatile in team matches and 4 player brawls.
Oh shoot! I completely forgot to add Smash attacks! Silly me...

I'm glad you guys seem to like my moveset! I'll update it a bit right now...

godogod

Smash Ace
If he is gonna be a large light character, he needs to be really good offensively. Like Rosalina.

I just hope he isn't. If he is as heavy as Lucario at least, I'll be happy.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If he is gonna be a large light character, he needs to be really good offensively. Like Rosalina.

In my moveset, I mentioned he was as heavy as Pit, who is slightly lighter than Lucario, and that he'd have an improved offensive play. If that helps anything.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman

If anything he should be vastly heavier than Lucario. Lucario canonically weighs 119 pounds. Mewtwo weighs 269 pounds.
#NintendoLogic

godogod

Smash Ace
If anything he should be vastly heavier than Lucario. Lucario canonically weighs 119 pounds. Mewtwo weighs 269 pounds.
#NintendoLogic
Charizard is one of the heaviest in this game, yet in the pokemon games he's like 150lbs. I guess by weight, knockback is more accurate. The devs made the excuse about him levitating in Melee which made him fly around easier when knocked back. That I can accept, but I still hope he is heavier than most characters or 100 at least..

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Bdown & smashB need to be replaced or super improved/tweaked, dash attack should change-
down aerial should really change; I always hated how he used his foot for that move :c
he should only ever use his foot if his Final Smash is Mega Mewtwo X :grin:

Some of his attacks should have brandnew aesthetics to them, like how some Ness moves have psi effects-
Mewtwo shouldnt have dark aura around his attacks like Ganon's. This way both characters can feel more unique :colorful:

fair should have more range, please keep the killer up throw and back throw~
he needs to be heavier OFC :smirk:

bu should he remain floaty...?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here are the changes I think should happen:
Mewtwo is heavier
Neutral Attack always deals 1% damage with the infinite and has a finisher. This allows for easier combos.

Dash Attack involves Mewtwo sliding while doing an uppercut with dark energy on his fingers.
This has slightly less ending lag.
Makes the hit box slightly disjointed

Up Tilt makes Mewtwo create a blast of dark energy over his head. Like most smash attacks, an invisible hit box brings the opponent to the actual hit.
This always deals 7% damage.
Up Smash has a larger hit box.
Neutral Arial has a bigger hit box.
Forward Arial has a bigger hit box

Down Arial makes Mewtwo send down a burst of psychic energy.
Shadow Ball goes up and down faster, and goes as fast as Aura Sphere. It does not loose it's odd movement when fully charged.
Confusion changes the ownership of the projectile it has reflected, and has slightly more range.
Disable has better range, and puts airborn opponents opponents into a tumbling state.

Let me know what you think. (If you hate it don't be too harsh. I myself have never done much with Mewtwo)

godogod

Smash Ace
@FooltheJames.. I never thought about Mewtwo's dash, but you bring up a great point. I hope its good. I'm really feeling Lucario's new dash animation in this game. Not saying Mewtwo should be like it, but I hope its not god awful like Shulk's..

@ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy , they sound fine.

Somebody on gamefaqs brought up having Calm Mind as a down B that would work similar to WFT's down special. Though for accuracy sake, I just added that it would be cool to not only increase his launch resistance which he/she mentioned), but specifically their special attack only as well(not just attack in general), just for canon game sake. I wouldn't mind having this move honestly.

Anyway a quick update on his moveset that I want

-besides being heavier and faster.. I really want him to have more moves to hit several enemies at once... Mewtwo is awful to use in vs matches against more than one players because he lacks the moves(no specials, and down smash only hits one direction). So at least a few custom moves or one, would be nice.

-I think psystrike is better off as a final smash move in his Y. But custom special works. Also, I see psystrike similar to like Din's fire. Instead of exploding, it implodes. Speed and damage is different of course.

My best case scenario is having 12 unique movesets like palutena, but I'm not betting on it. But it would would make him so diverse to work with. I really want his standard specials buffed, with side and down b buffed. Disable actually disabling the last special the enemy used, for 10 seconds would be cool.

Would be cool to see

1. Standard special: shadow ball, psycho cut, psystrike(or insert some variation of shadow ball)
2. Side special: Confusion, psychic(stronger confusion with longer grab range but doesn't reflect projectiles), barrier(similar to palutena's reflect, but actually shields against non projectile moves also. Essentially like Link's Shield. To keep it balanced, if it breaks Mewtwo could be put in a daze.
3. Down special: Disable, hypnosis+dream eater(think of robin's down move), and calm mind
4. Up special. Teleport.. Dunno about custom versions. I always liked the idea of teleporting people or projectiles with you. Someone mentioned before, but having the ability to teleport twice at shorter differences(but faster frames) would be cool.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I hear a lot of people say he needs a new side-b and down-b, but those moves were so fun and had a lot of personality and style. Personally, I hope he isn't changed much at all. If he is changed a bit that's fine too as long as he retains his badass compsure and godly attitude for all his moves. And spinning characters in midair or confusing them? C'mon, that's so unique and cool!
Also would be saddened if they changed his
  • Down Smash...and up smash, but especially down smash.
  • Down Tilt (that cool lil tail spin)
  • Forward, Up, and Down throws (so cool! I guess back one could be cooler)
  • Ability to spike with down air (New animation would be fine though, he always looked like he was doin that russian dance)
  • Neutral air
  • Back throw having him not turn around (he's so effortless!)
Some changes could be welcome and would make him feel fresh... but so much of his moveset I already really love a lot so... like any game remake, the same feelings apply here. Have fun, make him fresh and cool, but...don't fix what ain't broken, eh?

godogod

Smash Ace
SchAlternate, I'm really digging your ideas and aerials for smash attacks. Looking back,your specials sound pretty good too.

sinsa, yeah down Arial spiking would be great.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I think Mewtwo's moveset will be half different from his melee's counterpart, but his custom moves won't be alternate versions of the same moves: instead, similarly to Palutena's, they will be completely different moves. Some of these will be the old melee's Mewtwo's specials (those which aren't more his base moveset)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I think Mewtwo's moveset will be half different from his melee's counterpart, but his custom moves won't be alternate versions of the same moves: instead, similarly to Palutena's, they will be completely different moves. Some of these will be the old melee's Mewtwo's specials (those which aren't more his base moveset)
I'm kind of expecting this, and hoping for customs that actually are inspired from different Pokémon moves, given Mewtwo's huge movepool in Pokémon games. It would be cool if Mewtwo actually had completely different moves like Palutena, but given that her default are kind of generic in paper (I mean, a teleport, a warp, and a counter. How creative) in order to incite players to give her custom moves I could see the same thing happening with Mewtwo, and thus making his default moveset rather bland. The most likely thing I'm expecting from Mewtwo is to be like Mega Man, not completely different moves but variations that clearly take inspiration from the huge potential from the source games.

But if it's like Lucario and Greninja who don't have any single custom variation named after various Pokémon moves then it's going to be very lame.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
While I wish he got the palatuna treatment, I think its wishful thinking/less than likely that he will get it. The biggest overhaul I expect is a Bowser/Yoshi treatment. Not a complete revamp.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
While I wish he got the palatuna treatment, I think its wishful thinking/less than likely that he will get it. The biggest overhaul I expect is a Bowser/Yoshi treatment. Not a complete revamp.
They should change his some of his specials, at the very least, make confusion actually safe on hit.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I am completely fine if he has the same moveset as in melee, as long as its getting a Bowser/Yoshi Treatment.
would love if the confusions "Grab" would make the opponent tumble on the ground like Ganons SideB without the opponent are able to jump from it and buff his DownB to be useable (like able to hit the opponent back aswell from behind and that the dizzy animation last longer)

same with his attacks in power, lag and knockback so he can have more killing power and more combo potential

godogod

Smash Ace
They should change his some of his specials, at the very least, make confusion actually safe on hit.
Oh yeah, most definitely I agree! Maybe speed up the animation/reduce ending frames. I can definitely see confusion customs though. I think I mentioned it before on this thread.. But one could be something like Psychic in which its more grab oriented(wider range and more safe.. and maybe a follow up), as well as something like Barrier(similar to Patuluna's).

I want to see disable to have increased range and disable an opponents special(like the last move they used) for 10 seconds. I can see a hypnosis and dream eater custom and having it working like Robin's down b. Another one could be like a paralyzing effect.

I don't know about teleport. They could have him teleport twice really fast at a shorter range overall, and one that damages enemies maybe?

I'd love to see uique standard specials like psycho cut(wide/longprojectile goes through multiple enemies but has short range, or perhaps more cqc) and a shadowball variation or Psystrike(working similar to Zelda's din's fire but implodes inwards).

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I want Mewtwo's Final Smash to be something similar to an Ultra in Killer Instinct.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
If Mewtwo is only available to 3DS and Wii U owners this won't even make a difference anymore but if I were to decide his specials, they would be :

Up B - Teleport - Perfect the way it was

Neutral B - Shadow Ball - In my opinion this attack defines Smash Bros Mewtwo. The addition of Mewtwo is a direct attack retaliation against Lucario . What more epic way is there than to see an Aura Sphere clash with a Shadow Ball (making me pray Mewtwo will be available to all). Unnecessary to change animation of attack. Uncharged, does 8% damage; Charged, does 21% damage. Good kill move at around 130%.

Side B - Psycho Cut - Psychic aura briefly surrounds Mewtwo as he attacks. He waves one arm to the side and swings quickly to the other side, letting out a mid-range projectile that slashes the opponent. Weak diagonal knockback and low damage, but can be used 3 times in quick succession. Also leaves Mewtwo vulnerable. 7% first slash, 5% second slash, 2% third slash (14% total). Not a kill move, but good for spacing and doing some damage.

Down B - Zen Headbutt - Mewtwo readies his head, psychic energy surrounding his skull. He takes a quick step forward, slamming his head against the opponent, causing stun damage. Chargeable move. The longer the charge, the longer the stun. Uncharged, 5% damage and stuns for 1.5 seconds; Fully charged, 9% damage and stuns for 3.5 seconds.

Idk, got bored lol

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
If Mewtwo is only available to 3DS and Wii U owners this won't even make a difference anymore but if I were to decide his specials, they would be :

Up B - Teleport - Perfect the way it was

Neutral B - Shadow Ball - In my opinion this attack defines Smash Bros Mewtwo. The addition of Mewtwo is a direct attack retaliation against Lucario . What more epic way is there than to see an Aura Sphere clash with a Shadow Ball (making me pray Mewtwo will be available to all). Unnecessary to change animation of attack. Uncharged, does 8% damage; Charged, does 21% damage. Good kill move at around 130%.

Side B - Psycho Cut - Psychic aura briefly surrounds Mewtwo as he attacks. He waves one arm to the side and swings quickly to the other side, letting out a mid-range projectile that slashes the opponent. Weak diagonal knockback and low damage, but can be used 3 times in quick succession. Also leaves Mewtwo vulnerable. 7% first slash, 5% second slash, 2% third slash (14% total). Not a kill move, but good for spacing and doing some damage.

Down B - Zen Headbutt - Mewtwo readies his head, psychic energy surrounding his skull. He takes a quick step forward, slamming his head against the opponent, causing stun damage. Chargeable move. The longer the charge, the longer the stun. Uncharged, 5% damage and stuns for 1.5 seconds; Fully charged, 9% damage and stuns for 3.5 seconds.

Idk, got bored lol

Zen Headbutt, interesting..

I think Mewtwo is more of a special than physical fighter though.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Zen Headbutt, interesting..

I think Mewtwo is more of a special than physical fighter though.
Mewtwo excels in special fighting, true... I keep thinking of Mega Mewtwo X though, and the fact that he gains fighting type. He can always keep Disable, though it should at least have a longer stun time than before.

I was also thinking Mewtwo can have Lucario's Brawl Final Smash (the one Mewtwo has in PM basically). It's honestly the coolest Final Smash I've ever seen.

I was never big on Mewtwo in Melee but now that he's become one of my favorite pokemon, I'm praying I can use him in Smash 4 eventually since I don't have both versions of Smash.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Mewtwo excels in special fighting, true... I keep thinking of Mega Mewtwo X though, and the fact that he gains fighting type. He can always keep Disable, though it should at least have a longer stun time than before.

I was also thinking Mewtwo can have Lucario's Brawl Final Smash (the one Mewtwo has in PM basically). It's honestly the coolest Final Smash I've ever seen.

I was never big on Mewtwo in Melee but now that he's become one of my favorite pokemon, I'm praying I can use him in Smash 4 eventually since I don't have both versions of Smash.
Mewtwo has already been confirmed to be available to everyone. Wii U + 3DS owners will just get him for free and earlier (Well, not technically free, you gave 160-350 bucks for him depending on system).

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
That, and according to Sakurai, that stuff can't be imported from Melee anyway considering the age of the game. If they're recreating his move set from scratch, making it just like Melee would be very uninspired and disappointing.
They obviously don't mind making "new" characters uninspired and disappointing. I hope he's great too cause MewTwo is my favorite 'mon. :(

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That, and according to Sakurai, that stuff can't be imported from Melee anyway considering the age of the game. If they're recreating his move set from scratch, making it just like Melee would be very uninspired and disappointing.
Well, the whole reason Mewtwo is returning is because of his popularity from older games (not only Melee but Pokemon). In order to "please" fans Mewtwo would have to very clearly represent his older version of himself, so his moveset will have to be similar in many ways, otherwise you get the "They made him wrong" argument.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo has already been confirmed to be available to everyone. Wii U + 3DS owners will just get him for free and earlier (Well, not technically free, you gave 160-350 bucks for him depending on system).
Yeah, I was not about to buy a new game system and $120 worth of the same game just to get one character. But I definitely will throw some money down to be able to use him for myself. So happy if this really is confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom