• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A "Psystriking" Discovery: The Mewtwo Moveset Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Shadow Claw was never even a move when Melee came out lol. It was introduced in Diamond and Pearl and f-air was never given an official name, so f-air is not necessarily removed.
Nintendo Power called the Front Aerial, "Shadow Scratch."

1FC0

Smash Lord
"Completely." Even then, Bowser still has the same jab, dtilt, utilt, ftilt, dsmash, usmash, uair, fair, neutral-b, side-b, up-b, and down-b. Some of the animations changed and all have been buffed, but it's the still the same thing. Bowser's moveset has not changed much except it being majorly buffed.
So that was what you meant. Sorry, your incorrect example threw me off.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
As cool as that would be, Disabling it until their KO'd is a little too overpowered. I think Disabling for a few seconds would be fine, but no more than that.
Something like this is already in the game. Villagers Pocket can disable R.O.B.'s best move. And it is not cool!

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Something like this is already in the game. Villagers Pocket can disable R.O.B.'s best move. And it is not cool!
I think it'd be just fine if Mewtwo was balanced with this tactic in mind. The Villager shuts down characters like R.O.B. and Diddy so hard because he wasn't balanced around the assumption that people would use Pocket specifically as a means to disable the Banana and Top respectively. I think the way the move was intended to be used was solely as a "Reflector" of sorts with the only difference being that what you absorb can be selectively and strategically deployed to help Villager with offense. Being able to disable those two moves, I imagine, was more of an unintended side effect than anything. If Mewtwo had a similar move, the Dev Team would probably balance his abilities in a way that doesn't completely destroy any chances of certain characters beating him once a certain move is disabled. Furthermore, since the idea behind a move like this likely involves some sort of time limit, I don't think this would be too much of a concern, whereas Villager can disable it for as long as he wants really so long as he doesn't get rid of it. What would be pretty dumb though is if Mewtwo could disable your Up-B. Imagine the gimps that'd come from that. At that point you just disable Up-B then throw someone offstage for easy edgeguards.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I think it'd be just fine if Mewtwo was balanced with this tactic in mind. The Villager shuts down characters like R.O.B. and Diddy so hard because he wasn't balanced around the assumption that people would use Pocket specifically as a means to disable the Banana and Top respectively. I think the way the move was intended to be used was solely as a "Reflector" of sorts with the only difference being that what you absorb can be selectively and strategically deployed to help Villager with offense. Being able to disable those two moves, I imagine, was more of an unintended side effect than anything. If Mewtwo had a similar move, the Dev Team would probably balance his abilities in a way that doesn't completely destroy any chances of certain characters beating him once a certain move is disabled. Furthermore, since the idea behind a move like this likely involves some sort of time limit, I don't think this would be too much of a concern, whereas Villager can disable it for as long as he wants really so long as he doesn't get rid of it. What would be pretty dumb though is if Mewtwo could disable your Up-B. Imagine the gimps that'd come from that. At that point you just disable Up-B then throw someone offstage for easy edgeguards.
If this was really an accident then maybe a patch will make it so that when Villager steals a Gyro it becomes his Gyro thus making R.O.B. free to create another one. And then Villager cannot use Pocket anymore as long as his Gyro is one the stage.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
If this was really an accident then maybe a patch will make it so that when Villager steals a Gyro it becomes his Gyro thus making R.O.B. free to create another one. And then Villager cannot use Pocket anymore as long as his Gyro is one the stage.
While I don't think an update like that would be unlikely, it might not happen because of how central that tactic has become in Villager's gameplay. If they did that it'd be a pretty hard nerf to Villager in those two matchups, especially the Diddy v. Villager matchup which isn't exactly easy even if you can disable the banana.

Humanity

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping they let Teleport be all that it can be. More than any other move in Smash, that move is fun.

Edited because wrong thread. Guh.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
Shadowball - same as melee but less zigzag and more range charged. Also keep that explosive effect.. Blows up those flammable boxes. heh.
Psycho Cut - Range of Greninja's water shuriken. Make it able to penetrate multiple enemies.
Rapid fire shadowball (five in a row, can be charged) - good for harassing and distance

Confusion - Melee Confusion but hitboxes to reflected enemies and significantly less ending lag.
Light Screen - Absorbs all projectiles on impact and reduces damage from special attacks after for 10 seconds after light screen is put out.
Barrier - barrier put in front of Mewtwo. Could be squarish like Patluna's reflect. Will absorb physical non special damage and has something like 50 HP. If broken, has a cooldown time of 5-10 seconds. If activated near enemies within range, it will push enemies back and do damage.

Teleport - same as melee teleport, but perhaps some hitboxes in beginning and end animations maybe?

Disable - longer range and does 5% on the daze and another 8% for knockback if done again. The latter has significant knockback.
Disable 2 - disables the last special move the enemy used for 10-15 seconds.
hypnosis + dream eater - puts enemies to sleep.. Down B again to drain health and give it to mewtwo

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
All I need is his ledge animation, where he leans over it like a badass

zach358

Smash Rookie
How would you guys feel if they made his up B a hover similar to PM that you can still attack out of. Side B changed to Swift (similar to Luma's star bits but travel further and follow opponents). And down B changed to teleport and will act similarly to Shadow sneak or Meta Knight's down B.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
What I want to see with Mewtwo. Side B and Down B can go to hell. Side B replaced with Swift that would work like Star Bits with better visual effects or have a greater range. Down B would be Recover, a move that lets Mewtwo recover percent the longer he holds it, but it would have the same start/end lag as N64 PSI Magnet. It's fair when you think about it. His aerials can stay, specially F-Air that it's really badass. Plz Smash team, keep Up Throw's animation, it looks cool. Also I would love that during his grab/throws Mewtwo had gleaming his eyes like the anime to make him more creepy, and retain the power they had in Melee.

Humanity

Smash Cadet
I'm not the hugest fan of disable or confusion, but they both have their uses in a few situations. Command grabs are handy to have, and Disable pays enormous dividends on the rare successful hit. If they gave him the specials you're describing... I'm not sure we'd ever have a use for them, really. The Healing power would be mostly useless, given the healing abilities of characters like Wii Fit Trainer. Clearly they're not going to let people heal very much manually. Swift could go either way, but at the very best it would probably be a lot like Fox's laser. And seeing Fox's laser this time around, I'd rather just have confusion.

Doinktonberry

Smash Rookie
If the fact that ness only has one move that he can actually use in earthbound is any indication, Mewtwo having access to a signature move after all this time doesn't really mean much of anything. XD

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Some ideas on how Mewtwo's moves can be changed or improved from Melee (mostly his special moves here).

Standard Special: Shadow Ball
Basically how it worked in Melee, only slightly faster to make up for it's jagged trajectory.

Side Special: Psycho Cut
Mewtwo launches a flurry of 3 blades of psychic energy that increase in damage with each consecutive hit. When your opponent is at higher percents though, the blades will increase their knockback, making it harder to land all 3 blades on them. The blades are fast but only travel around less than half the distance of Mewtwo's Shadow Ball before disappearing.

Up Special: Teleport
Basically how it worked in Melee, but now allows you to attack out of it like in Project M.

Down Special: Disable
Now travels twice the distance it did in Melee. If the opponent is facing away from you (while on the ground or in the air), it does small flinch damage. If the opponent is directly facing you, it makes them go into their dizzy (aka shield break) animation, which lasts longer the more damage they've taken. If the opponent is directly facing you while airborne, they take small damage and automatically go into their "helpless" tumbling state.

I'd speed up his jabs+finishing jab a bit as well as increase it's hitbox size. I'd also give Mewtwo's f-air a bigger hitbox, speed up his d-air a bit, make his up-smash harder to escape from along with having a small "vacuum" effect, and maybe make his down-smash cover both sides of him. As for his throws, I'd only adjust the accuracy of the mini-Shadow Balls he fires during his f-throw. Other than that, his throws are already great.

Top it off with increasing his speed and weight all around and you have a solidly buffed Mewtwo.

Now just for fun...

Final Smash: Psystrike
Mewtwo's signature move. Mewtwo charges a sphere of small glowing psychic energy particles in his hand. Once fully charged, the sphere explodes and scatters all the energy particles, which then home in on any fighters present. The particles move fast and can rack up small chunks of damage quickly.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Assuming that Shadow Ball is indeed staying, I really hope we get a custom version of it that let's us charge it really fast in exchange for range and damage. Now, I know this sounds dumb, just hear me out. If Mewtwo is as slippery as he was in Melee, and the recoil from shooting a Shadow Ball in the air is the same as it was, then think about the movement options it'd open up. You could SH Shadow Ball and use it like a long-distance wavedash, or jump through a platform and immediately shoot for a long waveland. You could even use it for edgegaurding (kinda). Instead of using the Shadow Ball as a projectile, we could use it as a means to shoot ourselves off stage and into the opponents face and kill with B-air or something. Just imagine how satisfying it'd be to spike someone with that. Oh the glory.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What I've seen so far from Mewtwo's new model is that it's arms are longer than before. That should give him more range on his Shadow Claw, which is always a good thing. If Lucas also ends up being DLC, we could see a new Down Smash for Mewtwo to, as Lucas shamelessly stole that move from Mewtwo in Brawl. Charizard's new F Air also seems quite similar to Mewtwo's Shadow Claw so I'm hoping that even IF it gets replaced, it'll be replaced by something even better.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Psystrike - Unlikely as it is, I can see it replacing Shadow Ball despite how iconic the move is to him IF it's not his Final Smash. A charged psychic burst.

godogod

Smash Ace
If Mewtwo had swift, I can see it working like Rosalina's charged star bits.

Mewtwo having reflect/barrier or light screen as a custom confusion, I can see it work like Patuluna's.

Honestly, I'm keeping my expectations low. I think more than likely he'll be better than his melee counterpart, but I'm not expecting a ton of different moves if any.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
B: Shadow Ball

Side B: Confusion
Mewtwo's infamous side B has been re-invented to see new purpose! It now changes projectile ownership! Instead of putting an opponent in a tumble that they can act out of and hit Mewtwo back, it makes the opponent turn to face the opposite direction...This is the cape isn't it?

Up B: Teleport

Down B: Disable
Do not fear because like in more recent Pokemon games this is not the useless move it once was! It shoots out a projectile that's remarkably similar to Zero Suit Samus' stun gun and can be charged like such! Wait a minute...

Final Smash: Psystrike
Mewtwo declares "Enough!" in Miriam Pultro's voice, transforms into Mega Mewtwo Y, and projects a barrier around her that grows to the size of Jigglypuff when she does her final smash. Once maximum size is reached, Mewtwo delcares "BEGONE" in Miriam Pultro's voice and does a similar push everyone effect to Jigglypuff's final smash....Oh come on Sakurai

:p

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Mewtwo is going to get buffed a lot from melee without a doubt. His down b should be changed to psystrike which would be a slow powerful move that has a small hitbox on both sides of him, think of it as a less range and a two sided warlock punch. His neutral b should also be exactly the same as project m.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
to add my two cents on the shadowball vs psystrike debacle, why not have both? shadow ball is the default move but pystrike would be a custom move.... sending out hypnosis-like beams that paralyzes the opponent before sending them flying? greater charge = more damage and knockback.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Why is Shadow Ball vs Psystrike a thing. Psystrike should be included in its final smash given that it's Mewtwo's ultimate move (No its ultimate technique is not Calm Mind + Taunt you smart aleck). If it must be a special move just replace Disable. At least Confusion can easily be made practical.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Why is Shadow Ball vs Psystrike a thing. Psystrike should be included in its final smash given that it's Mewtwo's ultimate move (No its ultimate technique is not Calm Mind + Taunt you smart aleck). If it must be a special move just replace Disable. At least Confusion can easily be made practical.
I don't know man, I think Disable could've been a really good move, Nintendo just botched it. Of course there's the obvious make it huge argument, but I think it would be more interesting if it instead hit in a circle around Mewtwo, forming a sort of orb that would confuse anyone who steps into it. You could maybe hold it down to keep it out for longer, with the length of time it's been out deciding how long it'll confuse people, less time meaning longer stun, and vice versa. Hell, it could even fill a sort of recovery role and slow Mewtwo's decent in the air, while maintaining all horizontal momentum, but eating your second jump. I think to balance it, it wouldn't slow your decent if you'd already used your Second Jump, and it'd only have a pushbox in the air.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Shadow Ball should stay the same. Just as strong, just as jagged. Maybe faster. It should have a nice "other dimension" look to it, though.

Up B. Pretty sure this move might nerfed and buffed at the same time. Nerfed as in not the best recovery in the game anymore, so probably slower start up, and buffed in it might have a hitbox now. Possibly as strong as Zelda but without the hitbox before teleporting. He should literally explode with pink energy as he reappears since recent Pokemon games suggest psychic is pink.

Side B. Change it to something else. You guys suggested some good moves but I'll post my own for the sake of other ideas. Unfortunately this'll make him slightly similar to Lucario because it's a command grab, but it has major differences. For canon's sake it'll be called psychic. This is a long range command grab that acts like Melee Bowser's command grab if it lands. The range is about as far as 2 Shulk Forward Smashes and is made visible by a pink flame. If an opponent is in the middle they will be held in the air with feet dangling and as if they were being choked. Pressing A or B will initiate a unique pummel different from Mewtwo's normal grab pummel and you can choose to either throw them away or towards Mewtwo. Combo potential towards and kill throw away. If you remember when Mewtwo picked up Ryhorn and threw him from the movie, this is what it kind of looks like. Mewtwo's also has a weak hitbox in front of him when using this move.

Down B. Light Screen/Reflect/Protect/Barrier/etc. All the same concepts in a Smash mindset. An "invisible" ball of energy surrounds Mewtwo. Any projectile that touches the ball will bounce back but first it slows down significantly before speeding up to 3x the speed. Any one inside the ball suffers DoT but no knockback. Akin to Fox lasers. Mewtwo can move and attack freely with this active but it only last for 15 seconds. To make up for this the start up is incredibly long. For a kill option, if used directly on someone, they take extreme damage and knockback. There is a slight windbox around the area as well.

Other changes. Mewtwo is more known for his psychic powers rather than physical. In melee he used his body parts more often then his darkness powers which were limited to pretty much his smashes and half his fair. I'll try to see what I can make here.

Jab. The whole thing is trash in Melee. Change the whole thing entirely really. Mewtwo floats tall and mighty eyes glowing blue with a ball of electric energy spinning in front of him. This is the jab! Letting go of A is the finisher resulting in pink circles(psychic energy) throwing the opponent away.

Ftilt. Claws made of psychic energy swipe the ground. Mewtwo commands with the lowering of his hand.

Dtilt. Psychic energy pierces the wind at a low angle. Mewtwo makes graceful swing of his arm downward.

Uptilt. Mewtwo raises his arm straight up. psychic energy appears from the floor and spirals up in an arc.

Dash Attack. Mewtwo's eyes subtly glows blue while he continues his dash animation throughout the attack. Spears of energy spin rapidly in front of him. Reminiscent of Mewtwos Dash Attack with an item like the Beam Sword.

Forward Smash. Mewtwo Spins quickly and a stream of pink water like energy surges from behind Mewtwo to in front of him.

Up Smash. Mewtwo looks up while raising up one arm straight with light shining from it. Spears of energy form from the ground and strike up towards Mewtwo's raised hand.

Down Smash. Mewtwo spins his tail rapidly. Energy emulates his tail movement at a delayed speed. Final hit knocks away. Reminiscent of his taunt in Melee.

Nair: Same. More emphasis on the animation though.

Dair: Mewtwo back flips, arm swings down and pink flames follow his hand down. Meteor Smash.

Uair: Changed to a multi hitting upward attack. Mewtwo points a finger up releases small bursts of energy, final hit is a bigger burst that explodes and sends opponents flying up.

Fair: Fair was weird. Mewtwo Slashes forward and you fly up? I know everyone loves Shadow Claw but it does need a change. I suppose a strong kill move with long startup works. Mewtwo flips forward and slashes downwards. For nostalgic taste, the claw swipe will remain purple. Claws of Psychic energy follow Mewtwo's hand.

Bair: Mewtwo swings his tail violently. Pyschic energy follows at a delayed speed making it a 2 hit attack.

Grabs: Mewtwo's eyes glow red and his body does not move when performing a grab. He grabs you with red colored psychic energy!

Pummel: Spirals of red energy get absorbed into the opponent.

Forward Throw. Mewtwo performs an exaggerated baseball pitch and turns away from the opponent. His eyes glitter and a small explosion occurs right on the opponent!

Back Throw. Same as Melee.

Up Throw. Same as Melee.

Down Throw. Mewtwo slams the opponent down and rapidly punches down while floating. Pink energy follows.

Mewtwo floats barely off the ground as his idle stance.

Final Smash: Clone Creation. Mewtwo summons clone Blastoise, Venasaur, and Charizard. Blastoise mounts his stand and fires accurate jets of water that deal both damage and pushback (Hydro Cannon). Venasaur summons roots from the ground that grab opponents and squeezes the life out of them(Frenzy Plant). Charizard takes to the skies raining fire and slamming the middle of the stage while blasting fire into it(Blast Burn). Mewtwo is floating in the air shooting Rapid Shadow Balls and occassional strong psystrikes during.

Taunts.

Melee taunt

Mewtwo looks away from the screen and utters his famous quote "who... am i?"

Mewtwo gracefully spins and psychic energy of varying colors spiral around him.

godogod

Smash Ace
Side B. Change it to something else. You guys suggested some good moves but I'll post my own for the sake of other ideas. Unfortunately this'll make him slightly similar to Lucario because it's a command grab, but it has major differences. For canon's sake it'll be called psychic. This is a long range command grab that acts like Melee Bowser's command grab if it lands. The range is about as far as 2 Shulk Forward Smashes and is made visible by a pink flame. If an opponent is in the middle they will be held in the air with feet dangling and as if they were being choked. Pressing A or B will initiate a unique pummel different from Mewtwo's normal grab pummel and you can choose to either throw them away or towards Mewtwo. Combo potential towards and kill throw away. If you remember when Mewtwo picked up Ryhorn and threw him from the movie, this is what it kind of looks like. Mewtwo's also has a weak hitbox in front of him when using this move.
A grab that has a reach as long as two shulk forward smashes? Do you have any idea how broken that sounds?

<i>Down B. Light Screen/Reflect/Protect/Barrier/etc. All the same concepts in a Smash mindset. An "invisible" ball of energy surrounds Mewtwo. Any projectile that touches the ball will bounce back but first it slows down significantly before speeding up to 3x the speed. Any one inside the ball suffers DoT but no knockback. Akin to Fox lasers. Mewtwo can move and attack freely with this active but it only last for 15 seconds. To make up for this the start up is incredibly long. For a kill option, if used directly on someone, they take extreme damage and knockback. There is a slight windbox around the area as well.</i>

Then it will just be down right predictable amd pointless against competent players if it takes like 1-2 seconds to actually start it up, as the projectile will hit you before you get to actually use your reflector. If it doesn't come up on whim to actually be able to counter the projectile on time, then its a crappy reflector. Will only be good against newbs that spam projectiles in for glory.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
A grab that has a reach as long as two shulk forward smashes? Do you have any idea how broken that sounds?

<i>Down B. Light Screen/Reflect/Protect/Barrier/etc. All the same concepts in a Smash mindset. An "invisible" ball of energy surrounds Mewtwo. Any projectile that touches the ball will bounce back but first it slows down significantly before speeding up to 3x the speed. Any one inside the ball suffers DoT but no knockback. Akin to Fox lasers. Mewtwo can move and attack freely with this active but it only last for 15 seconds. To make up for this the start up is incredibly long. For a kill option, if used directly on someone, they take extreme damage and knockback. There is a slight windbox around the area as well.</i>

Then it will just be down right predictable amd pointless against competent players if it takes like 1-2 seconds to actually start it up, as the projectile will hit you before you get to actually use your reflector. If it doesn't come up on whim to actually be able to counter the projectile on time, then its a crappy reflector. Will only be good against newbs that spam projectiles in for glory.
I'm up for criticism but please learn to read first.

The range of the grab is near mewtwo and 2 shulk smashes away from mewtwo. Not in the middle.

And 1-2 seconds to start up a move never stopped falcon, Ganon, bowser, charizard, dedede, Ike, Zelda, villager, or dark pit from taking a spot in the tier list.

Notice how the reflector isn't the only part of this attack

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Simple (and cool?) fix for his D-Smash:

After he points downward and unleashes it, his head tilts in the other direction and his eyes shift to the ground on the other side of him, where a similar psychic explosion occurs.

PlayR489

Smash Cadet
NNID
PlayR489
I would honestly like Mewtwo to have a counter, I mean it's a real pokemon move so why not? I would also like to see him have a new side b because I think that the rest of his moveset would work still.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Shadow Ball should stay the same. Just as strong, just as jagged. Maybe faster. It should have a nice "other dimension" look to it, though.

Up B. Pretty sure this move might nerfed and buffed at the same time. Nerfed as in not the best recovery in the game anymore, so probably slower start up, and buffed in it might have a hitbox now. Possibly as strong as Zelda but without the hitbox before teleporting. He should literally explode with pink energy as he reappears since recent Pokemon games suggest psychic is pink.

Down B. Light Screen/Reflect/Protect/Barrier/etc. All the same concepts in a Smash mindset. An "invisible" ball of energy surrounds Mewtwo. Any projectile that touches the ball will bounce back but first it slows down significantly before speeding up to 3x the speed. Any one inside the ball suffers DoT but no knockback. Akin to Fox lasers. Mewtwo can move and attack freely with this active but it only last for 15 seconds. To make up for this the start up is incredibly long. For a kill option, if used directly on someone, they take extreme damage and knockback. There is a slight windbox around the area as well.

Other changes. Mewtwo is more known for his psychic powers rather than physical. In melee he used his body parts more often then his darkness powers which were limited to pretty much his smashes and half his fair. I'll try to see what I can make here.

Jab. The whole thing is trash in Melee. Change the whole thing entirely really. Mewtwo floats tall and mighty eyes glowing blue with a ball of electric energy spinning in front of him. This is the jab! Letting go of A is the finisher resulting in pink circles(psychic energy) throwing the opponent away.

Ftilt. Claws made of psychic energy swipe the ground. Mewtwo commands with the lowering of his hand.

Dtilt. Psychic energy pierces the wind at a low angle. Mewtwo makes graceful swing of his arm downward.

Uptilt. Mewtwo raises his arm straight up. psychic energy appears from the floor and spirals up in an arc.

Dash Attack. Mewtwo's eyes subtly glows blue while he continues his dash animation throughout the attack. Spears of energy spin rapidly in front of him. Reminiscent of Mewtwos Dash Attack with an item like the Beam Sword.

Forward Smash. Mewtwo Spins quickly and a stream of pink water like energy surges from behind Mewtwo to in front of him.

Up Smash. Mewtwo looks up while raising up one arm straight with light shining from it. Spears of energy form from the ground and strike up towards Mewtwo's raised hand.

Down Smash. Mewtwo spins his tail rapidly. Energy emulates his tail movement at a delayed speed. Final hit knocks away. Reminiscent of his taunt in Melee.

Nair: Same. More emphasis on the animation though.

Dair: Mewtwo back flips, arm swings down and pink flames follow his hand down. Meteor Smash.

Uair: Changed to a multi hitting upward attack. Mewtwo points a finger up releases small bursts of energy, final hit is a bigger burst that explodes and sends opponents flying up.

Fair: Fair was weird. Mewtwo Slashes forward and you fly up? I know everyone loves Shadow Claw but it does need a change. I suppose a strong kill move with long startup works. Mewtwo flips forward and slashes downwards. For nostalgic taste, the claw swipe will remain purple. Claws of Psychic energy follow Mewtwo's hand.

Bair: Mewtwo swings his tail violently. Pyschic energy follows at a delayed speed making it a 2 hit attack.

Grabs: Mewtwo's eyes glow red and his body does not move when performing a grab. He grabs you with red colored psychic energy!

Pummel: Spirals of red energy get absorbed into the opponent.

Forward Throw. Mewtwo performs an exaggerated baseball pitch and turns away from the opponent. His eyes glitter and a small explosion occurs right on the opponent!

Back Throw. Same as Melee.

Up Throw. Same as Melee.

Down Throw. Mewtwo slams the opponent down and rapidly punches down while floating. Pink energy follows.

Mewtwo floats barely off the ground as his idle stance.

Final Smash: Clone Creation. Mewtwo summons clone Blastoise, Venasaur, and Charizard. Blastoise mounts his stand and fires accurate jets of water that deal both damage and pushback (Hydro Cannon). Venasaur summons roots from the ground that grab opponents and squeezes the life out of them(Frenzy Plant). Charizard takes to the skies raining fire and slamming the middle of the stage while blasting fire into it(Blast Burn). Mewtwo is floating in the air shooting Rapid Shadow Balls and occassional strong psystrikes during.

Taunts.

Melee taunt

Mewtwo looks away from the screen and utters his famous quote "who... am i?"

Mewtwo gracefully spins and psychic energy of varying colors spiral around him.
No....just...no.

Getting rid of all of it's tail attack animations is not cool. His tilts in Melee were fine as well as his Usmash. His Down Smash is something that needs a buff since Mewtwo only had a hitbox in front of him.
His Final Smash is going to inevitably be one of his Mega Evolutions as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
D Tilt and U Tilt where real good moves, I'd want them to stay at the very least.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Animation has nothing to do with an attacks effectiveness. Just because he isn't using his tail doesn't mean the move isn't good anymore .

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Shadow ball in a way is actually distinguishable as it goes straight but also in a slight arc. Maybe just make mewtwos stronger seeing as lucario gains aura?

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I would make Disable similar to a Counter with almost no frames, but instead of damage, disable that input for a minute. Very dangerous if you counter an Up-B.

godogod

Smash Ace
I can seriously imagine confusion(or at least a custom version) acting like a straight rip off of Palutena's Reflect Barrier, only with Mewtwo's confusion animation, and with very minor changes. And you know what? I wouldn't even be mad, because its a hell of a lot better than Mewtwo's confusion right now. A great custom option. Maybe have it out longer than Palutena, but a slower reflection speed ? I dunno.

Barrier could be the other custom move that could act like a shield in front of Mewtwo. But breaking it can cause Mewtwo to get dizzy(for balance purposes).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I can seriously imagine confusion(or at least a custom version) acting like a straight rip off of Palutena's Reflect Barrier, only with Mewtwo's confusion animation, and with very minor changes. And you know what? I wouldn't even be mad, because its a hell of a lot better than Mewtwo's confusion right now. A great custom option. Maybe have it out longer than Palutena, but a slower reflection speed ? I dunno.

Barrier could be the other custom move that could act like a shield in front of Mewtwo. But breaking it can cause Mewtwo to get dizzy(for balance purposes).
Not to mention that Confusion might be able to pseudo command grab an opponent like it did in Melee, so it also works as an attack of sorts.
The main reason why this move wasn't very good in Melee was because the opponent could act almost immediately out of it and hit you at higher percentages and because it didn't change ownership of the projectile you reflected. Just tweak this two things and we are good to go.

godogod

Smash Ace
somewhat random thought: You know what irks me about gfaqs smash board? They make the most awful Your Reaction topics ever.

"YR: Mewtwo is Delayed until summer" "YR:Japan and Europe get Mewtwo a week earlier than America."

This is just related to Mewtwo, but in general, the vast majority aren't interesting and usually comprise of dumb obvious one sided expected reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom