A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

UserKev

Smash Lord
I rather Waluigi just have a moveset unique to him rather than full sports esque. The tennis racket is like the only really necessary natural B to him. I think Waluigi would be more interesting as a semi or anti Mario and Luigi. Give him purple fire balls, his rapid stomp, Mario's ground pound or Whomp's body slam, chain mace, etc. His recovery, I can also see Waluigi using a parasol other than Mario's. You can give Waluigi's moves nods to various iconic Mario enemies, moves that make sense to his character.

I'm sorry but Waluigi could be way more interesting. A sports esque Waluigi is one of the worst ideas, honestly.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
3DS FC
4871-5532-9608
Switch FC
SW 7573 2962 2407
Give him purple fire balls
I can also see Waluigi using a parasol
You can give Waluigi's moves nods to various iconic Mario enemies, moves that make sense to his character.
All of these are legitimate firsts I've ever heard suggested for the character. I've heard of stuff like having him be not sportsy or be an anti-Luigi, and that's fine, but never have I been told that he should have purple fireballs, something that has never been seen, or have Peach's recovery.

Also, I don't mean to rag, but if you're going to make Waluigi reference other Mario villains, how does that make sense to Waluigi if you make his moveset very not Waluigi? :191: That seems very contradictory.

UserKev

Smash Lord
All of these are legitimate firsts I've ever heard suggested for the character. I've heard of stuff like having him be not sportsy or be an anti-Luigi, and that's fine, but never have I been told that he should have purple fireballs, something that has never been seen, or have Peach's recovery.

Also, I don't mean to rag, but if you're going to make Waluigi reference other Mario villains, how does that make sense to Waluigi if you make his moveset very not Waluigi? :191: That seems very contradictory.
It just make sense in theory. Can you not see Waluigi going around studying moves from iconic Mario enemies in his reveal trailer? He wouldn't reference "every" Mario villain. Just one or two nods. His personality will still be in tact through taunts and his aesthetic. I know my posts sound contradictory but I believe Waluigi can be way more interesting and brilliantly creative in Smash.

A "full" sports esque moveset is a turn off for me supporting him.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I rather Waluigi just have a moveset unique to him rather than full sports esque. The tennis racket is like the only really necessary natural B to him. I think Waluigi would be more interesting as a semi or anti Mario and Luigi. Give him purple fire balls, his rapid stomp, Mario's ground pound or Whomp's body slam, chain mace, etc. His recovery, I can also see Waluigi using a parasol other than Mario's. You can give Waluigi's moves nods to various iconic Mario enemies, moves that make sense to his character.

I'm sorry but Waluigi could be way more interesting. A sports esque Waluigi is one of the worst ideas, honestly.
While I see the reason behind uniqueness, the problem is still that we don't exactly know whether Waluigi has similar abilities and roles with Mario, Peach and others in regular settings due to his lack of appearances in platformers. Like, what If he is an evil villain or a puzzle host? So that would not make Waluigi similiar with other characters. Or maybe he is just like what you think.

The dilemma is that we would never know the right answer until Nintendo speak out themselves.

I doubt referring to other known bosses like Wart or Hellen work, if Nintendo might rather just feel more interested in those characters instead. Pretty much the plant piranha case.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Lord
While I see the reason behind uniqueness, the problem is still that we don't exactly know whether Waluigi has similar abilities and roles with Mario, Peach and others in regular settings due to his lack of appearances in platformers. Like, what If he is an evil villain or a puzzle host? So that would not make Waluigi similiar with other characters. Or maybe he is just like what you think.

The dilemma is that we would never know the right answer until Nintendo speak out themselves.

I doubt referring to other known bosses like Wart or Hellen work, if Nintendo might rather just feel more interested in those characters instead. Pretty much the plant piranha case.
With Waluigi, it'd be like the case with Pac Man, who's moveset ended up being extremely interesting and brilliant. Waluigi could be one of those special occasions, having a dedicational completely imagined moveset.

That's implying the character related is Spring Man
Regardless if it's Min Min or Ribbon Girl and whatnot, it means Nintendo isn't gonna look at a character and say "Oh they're already represented in the base game there is no need to make them playable". The only way this is incorrect is if the ARMS character isn't someone who was represented in Smash already.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the fact they even showed Spring Man on the roster as a potential candidate proves ATs don't deconfirm.
I kinda agree that. It's in the same level with Chrom being a final smash in the same time even if Nintendo could had simply removed him to avoid the conflict, so that isn't a necessary part to begin with.

As mentioned, in NIntendo's viewpoint the biggest problem for AT promotion is budget issue. Would stll not think if Waluigi can be a fighter they couldn't had worked on more Mario characters to be new assist trohpies instead, which could had given King Boo or even Toadette a good shot. Why would I have to give up the possiblity of playable Waluigi with Geno assist just to cater to the theory? That's the odd here.

Otherwise, it could be the same old way around, npcs are npcs, new fighters are new characters.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Unironically mains weird characters.
NNID
Fatmanonice
Late to the party, but yeah, Waluigi isn't 6 but the "promotions can't happen" argument is all but dead so it's still a win. I've been arguing it forever but I'm still of the mind that at least one spirit, one costume, and one assist trophy are going to be promoted before Ultimate is totally done with. No offense to Springman fans but I don't think Nintendo's going to blow its load on him for an AT promotion. Even if he winds up being a goofy bonus somewhere down the line, I sincerely think Nintendo is saving that honor for Waluigi.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
if he winds up being a goofy bonus somewhere down the line, I sincerely think Nintendo is saving that honor for Waluigi. .
The fact they didn't do Waluigi as the Mario newcomer for this game but keep him as an asist trohpy, and let plant piranha surpass him, is more like a dishonor in my opinion. I can honestly say that Waluigi deserves a better priorty to make it in the current nine Mario reps, not waiting for a chance or expecting the power of promotion happens.

And shouldn't Nintendo just save their time and budget on making better plans? If making Waluigi a fighter in a good plan, then making him an assist trohpy is the opposite of that.

It's old same conclusion, if Waluigi would had suited a base roster slot in past games better, the whole assist trophy promotion thoery would have no need to be brought up. After all that theory isn't supposed to just serve specific characters in the first place.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW 3915 0212 4619
I know things like this tend to age like milk, but do you think we should make an image compiling the evidence in Waluigi's favour? the lack of LM3 spirits, the remnants of the Paraleak, Spring Man's inclusion on the ARMS Smash roster, Reggie's comments about Sakurai knowing about fan demand (possibly alongside Sakurai's comments that he only partially chose the characters), anything else that I might have missed. I think it'd be good as long as the image directly states that it doesn't guarantee Waluigi, only that the stars seem to be aligning.

Lenidem

Smash Journeyman
I know things like this tend to age like milk, but do you think we should make an image compiling the evidence in Waluigi's favour? the lack of LM3 spirits, the remnants of the Paraleak, Spring Man's inclusion on the ARMS Smash roster, Reggie's comments about Sakurai knowing about fan demand (possibly alongside Sakurai's comments that he only partially chose the characters), anything else that I might have missed. I think it'd be good as long as the image directly states that it doesn't guarantee Waluigi, only that the stars seem to be aligning.
As a Skull fan... don't. It leads nowhere. All it can do is convince people who want to be convinced that this time, it's happening. Besides, the characters of the second pass have already been chosen, it's not like campaigning for your favorites could help them in any way.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't LM3 be a bit too farfetched? Like said, if the point is Nintendo have noticed Waluigi's.popularity, they'd manage to give Waluigi a role in that game for real. Logically, if it's the Byleth route, Nintendo cannot use a character that doesn't appear in that game to do the advertising job.

If we get Mario Kart 9 this year like some people are thinking I can see Waluigi advertising that, but at the same time I don't know what Spirits he would bring with him from that. Personally I'd love for Waluigi to get into Smash along with his own game getting announced. Something I always thought would be very fun would be an open-world game taking place across the Mushroom Kingdom or a brand new location, with Waluigi as the main character and running around, causing havoc across the land, along with a story mode and missions

Moptimus Prime

Transform and Wash Out!
Premium
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
NNID
Irene4
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we get Mario Kart 9 this year like some people are thinking I can see Waluigi advertising that, but at the same time I don't know what Spirits he would bring with him from that. Personally I'd love for Waluigi to get into Smash along with his own game getting announced. Something I always thought would be very fun would be an open-world game taking place across the Mushroom Kingdom or a brand new location, with Waluigi as the main character and running around, causing havoc across the land, along with a story mode and missions
Waluigi's Wabumption Wahventure

Also, it depends who is in the game. You could also just do Mario Kart Spirits in general. A variant of Metal Mario using his render from 7, Pink Gold Peach, a few Babies, Shy Guy in a Kart. There's other stuff like Mario Party OC's who could work too if you just want to do general Spin-Off stuff. That said, the question is what music he'd come with and his Stage too. Is it Waluigi Pinball or something else? At least music is interchangeable for franchises, so it doesn't matter the track is already in Ultimate.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
If we get Mario Kart 9 this year like some people are thinking I can see Waluigi advertising that,

I'd love for Waluigi to get into Smash along with his own game getting announced. Something I always thought would be very fun would be an open-world game taking place across the Mushroom Kingdom or a brand new location, with Waluigi as the main character and running around, causing havoc across the land, along with a story mode and missions
Technically we've got Tour so you can say that too, and just at this point Mario DLC isn't a wise idea. Plus it's same old problem, we would not know whether NIntendo think the rest of unused Mario main cast or the already chosen Mario fighters would take the role to advertise beside Waluigi.

While I would like to see your idea about Waluigi's own game, for now it's hard to predict that happeing. The critical problem is timing, we'd more likely see advertising for recently released games like SMM2 or LM3. If NItnendo already think his game cannot catch the Smash 5 advertising train, they might just keep his invitation for Smash 6, that explains why he is an assist trohpy now.

Just still, I would think SMM2 or LM3 could had given chances for Waluigi to shine, so that he doesn't need own titles to fight in Smash bros.

Last edited:
Waluigi's Wabumption Wahventure

Also, it depends who is in the game. You could also just do Mario Kart Spirits in general. A variant of Metal Mario using his render from 7, Pink Gold Peach, a few Babies, Shy Guy in a Kart. There's other stuff like Mario Party OC's who could work too if you just want to do general Spin-Off stuff. That said, the question is what music he'd come with and his Stage too. Is it Waluigi Pinball or something else? At least music is interchangeable for franchises, so it doesn't matter the track is already in Ultimate.
I feel like it'd have to be Waluigi Pinball regarding his stage, it's the most well known. I agree with the music, I could see us getting a ton of music from multiple Mario games (I'd love some Mario & Luigi Partners in Time songs), along with a remix of his main theme (Waluigi Pinball). I could see the same scenario working out for Geno. Getting a ton of Mario songs from the mainline/spin-off games, remix of his main theme, and then the Forest Maze as his stage.
Technically we've got Tour so you can say that too, and just at this point Mario DLC isn't a wise idea. Plus it's same old problem, we would not know whether NIntendo think the rest of unused Mario main cast or the already chosen Mario fighters would take the role to advertise beside Waluigi.

While I would like to see your idea about Waluigi's own game, for now it's hard to predict that happeing. The critical problem is timing, we'd more likely see advertising for recently released games like SMM2 or LM3. If NItnendo already think his game cannot catch the Smash 5 advertising train, they might just keep his invitation for Smash 6, that explains why he is an assist trohpy now.

Just still, I would think SMM2 or LM3 could had given chances for Waluigi to shine, so that he doesn't need own titles to fight in Smash bros.
Honestly I really thought Waluigi would've had SOME role in LM3, I believe its the cutscene where Luigi and everyone pull up to the hotel but you could see a sign with a symbol that looked liked Waluigi's nose and mustache. I thought he could've been at least a boss but that unfortunately didn't happen. At this point regarding DLC however I kinda hope he gets the Plant treatment as a standalone DLC fighter at the end of the pass. I was hoping for him to be standalone DLC before FP2 but if we gotta wait until Smash 6 I'd be fine with that.

Now if Spring Man gets in however I don't think we'd have to wait until Smash 6 if that means Assists are being upgraded

Last edited: