• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

UserKev

Smash Champion
I rather Waluigi just have a moveset unique to him rather than full sports esque. The tennis racket is like the only really necessary natural B to him. I think Waluigi would be more interesting as a semi or anti Mario and Luigi. Give him purple fire balls, his rapid stomp, Mario's ground pound or Whomp's body slam, chain mace, etc. His recovery, I can also see Waluigi using a parasol other than Mario's. You can give Waluigi's moves nods to various iconic Mario enemies, moves that make sense to his character.

I'm sorry but Waluigi could be way more interesting. A sports esque Waluigi is one of the worst ideas, honestly.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Give him purple fire balls
I can also see Waluigi using a parasol
You can give Waluigi's moves nods to various iconic Mario enemies, moves that make sense to his character.
All of these are legitimate firsts I've ever heard suggested for the character. I've heard of stuff like having him be not sportsy or be an anti-Luigi, and that's fine, but never have I been told that he should have purple fireballs, something that has never been seen, or have Peach's recovery.

Also, I don't mean to rag, but if you're going to make Waluigi reference other Mario villains, how does that make sense to Waluigi if you make his moveset very not Waluigi? :191: That seems very contradictory.

UserKev

Smash Champion
All of these are legitimate firsts I've ever heard suggested for the character. I've heard of stuff like having him be not sportsy or be an anti-Luigi, and that's fine, but never have I been told that he should have purple fireballs, something that has never been seen, or have Peach's recovery.

Also, I don't mean to rag, but if you're going to make Waluigi reference other Mario villains, how does that make sense to Waluigi if you make his moveset very not Waluigi? :191: That seems very contradictory.
It just make sense in theory. Can you not see Waluigi going around studying moves from iconic Mario enemies in his reveal trailer? He wouldn't reference "every" Mario villain. Just one or two nods. His personality will still be in tact through taunts and his aesthetic. I know my posts sound contradictory but I believe Waluigi can be way more interesting and brilliantly creative in Smash.

A "full" sports esque moveset is a turn off for me supporting him.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I rather Waluigi just have a moveset unique to him rather than full sports esque. The tennis racket is like the only really necessary natural B to him. I think Waluigi would be more interesting as a semi or anti Mario and Luigi. Give him purple fire balls, his rapid stomp, Mario's ground pound or Whomp's body slam, chain mace, etc. His recovery, I can also see Waluigi using a parasol other than Mario's. You can give Waluigi's moves nods to various iconic Mario enemies, moves that make sense to his character.

I'm sorry but Waluigi could be way more interesting. A sports esque Waluigi is one of the worst ideas, honestly.
While I see the reason behind uniqueness, the problem is still that we don't exactly know whether Waluigi has similar abilities and roles with Mario, Peach and others in regular settings due to his lack of appearances in platformers. Like, what If he is an evil villain or a puzzle host? So that would not make Waluigi similiar with other characters. Or maybe he is just like what you think.

The dilemma is that we would never know the right answer until Nintendo speak out themselves.

I doubt referring to other known bosses like Wart or Hellen work, if Nintendo might rather just feel more interested in those characters instead. Pretty much the plant piranha case.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
While I see the reason behind uniqueness, the problem is still that we don't exactly know whether Waluigi has similar abilities and roles with Mario, Peach and others in regular settings due to his lack of appearances in platformers. Like, what If he is an evil villain or a puzzle host? So that would not make Waluigi similiar with other characters. Or maybe he is just like what you think.

The dilemma is that we would never know the right answer until Nintendo speak out themselves.

I doubt referring to other known bosses like Wart or Hellen work, if Nintendo might rather just feel more interested in those characters instead. Pretty much the plant piranha case.
With Waluigi, it'd be like the case with Pac Man, who's moveset ended up being extremely interesting and brilliant. Waluigi could be one of those special occasions, having a dedicational completely imagined moveset.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So an ARMS character was revealed to be a playable character today. This is good news for us since this means Nintendo is willing to promote characters from the base game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So an ARMS character was revealed to be a playable character today. This is good news for us since this means Nintendo is willing to promote characters from the base game.
That's implying the character related is Spring Man

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
That's implying the character related is Spring Man
Regardless if it's Min Min or Ribbon Girl and whatnot, it means Nintendo isn't gonna look at a character and say "Oh they're already represented in the base game there is no need to make them playable". The only way this is incorrect is if the ARMS character isn't someone who was represented in Smash already.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the fact they even showed Spring Man on the roster as a potential candidate proves ATs don't deconfirm.
I kinda agree that. It's in the same level with Chrom being a final smash in the same time even if Nintendo could had simply removed him to avoid the conflict, so that isn't a necessary part to begin with.

As mentioned, in NIntendo's viewpoint the biggest problem for AT promotion is budget issue. Would stll not think if Waluigi can be a fighter they couldn't had worked on more Mario characters to be new assist trohpies instead, which could had given King Boo or even Toadette a good shot. Why would I have to give up the possiblity of playable Waluigi with Geno assist just to cater to the theory? That's the odd here.

Otherwise, it could be the same old way around, npcs are npcs, new fighters are new characters.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Late to the party, but yeah, Waluigi isn't 6 but the "promotions can't happen" argument is all but dead so it's still a win. I've been arguing it forever but I'm still of the mind that at least one spirit, one costume, and one assist trophy are going to be promoted before Ultimate is totally done with. No offense to Springman fans but I don't think Nintendo's going to blow its load on him for an AT promotion. Even if he winds up being a goofy bonus somewhere down the line, I sincerely think Nintendo is saving that honor for Waluigi.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
if he winds up being a goofy bonus somewhere down the line, I sincerely think Nintendo is saving that honor for Waluigi. .
The fact they didn't do Waluigi as the Mario newcomer for this game but keep him as an asist trohpy, and let plant piranha surpass him, is more like a dishonor in my opinion. I can honestly say that Waluigi deserves a better priorty to make it in the current nine Mario reps, not waiting for a chance or expecting the power of promotion happens.

And shouldn't Nintendo just save their time and budget on making better plans? If making Waluigi a fighter in a good plan, then making him an assist trohpy is the opposite of that.

It's old same conclusion, if Waluigi would had suited a base roster slot in past games better, the whole assist trophy promotion thoery would have no need to be brought up. After all that theory isn't supposed to just serve specific characters in the first place.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I know things like this tend to age like milk, but do you think we should make an image compiling the evidence in Waluigi's favour? the lack of LM3 spirits, the remnants of the Paraleak, Spring Man's inclusion on the ARMS Smash roster, Reggie's comments about Sakurai knowing about fan demand (possibly alongside Sakurai's comments that he only partially chose the characters), anything else that I might have missed. I think it'd be good as long as the image directly states that it doesn't guarantee Waluigi, only that the stars seem to be aligning.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I know things like this tend to age like milk, but do you think we should make an image compiling the evidence in Waluigi's favour? the lack of LM3 spirits, the remnants of the Paraleak, Spring Man's inclusion on the ARMS Smash roster, Reggie's comments about Sakurai knowing about fan demand (possibly alongside Sakurai's comments that he only partially chose the characters), anything else that I might have missed. I think it'd be good as long as the image directly states that it doesn't guarantee Waluigi, only that the stars seem to be aligning.
As a Skull fan... don't. It leads nowhere. All it can do is convince people who want to be convinced that this time, it's happening. Besides, the characters of the second pass have already been chosen, it's not like campaigning for your favorites could help them in any way.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't LM3 be a bit too farfetched? Like said, if the point is Nintendo have noticed Waluigi's.popularity, they'd manage to give Waluigi a role in that game for real. Logically, if it's the Byleth route, Nintendo cannot use a character that doesn't appear in that game to do the advertising job.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
If we get Mario Kart 9 this year like some people are thinking I can see Waluigi advertising that, but at the same time I don't know what Spirits he would bring with him from that. Personally I'd love for Waluigi to get into Smash along with his own game getting announced. Something I always thought would be very fun would be an open-world game taking place across the Mushroom Kingdom or a brand new location, with Waluigi as the main character and running around, causing havoc across the land, along with a story mode and missions

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we get Mario Kart 9 this year like some people are thinking I can see Waluigi advertising that, but at the same time I don't know what Spirits he would bring with him from that. Personally I'd love for Waluigi to get into Smash along with his own game getting announced. Something I always thought would be very fun would be an open-world game taking place across the Mushroom Kingdom or a brand new location, with Waluigi as the main character and running around, causing havoc across the land, along with a story mode and missions
Waluigi's Wabumption Wahventure

Also, it depends who is in the game. You could also just do Mario Kart Spirits in general. A variant of Metal Mario using his render from 7, Pink Gold Peach, a few Babies, Shy Guy in a Kart. There's other stuff like Mario Party OC's who could work too if you just want to do general Spin-Off stuff. That said, the question is what music he'd come with and his Stage too. Is it Waluigi Pinball or something else? At least music is interchangeable for franchises, so it doesn't matter the track is already in Ultimate.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
If we get Mario Kart 9 this year like some people are thinking I can see Waluigi advertising that,

I'd love for Waluigi to get into Smash along with his own game getting announced. Something I always thought would be very fun would be an open-world game taking place across the Mushroom Kingdom or a brand new location, with Waluigi as the main character and running around, causing havoc across the land, along with a story mode and missions
Technically we've got Tour so you can say that too, and just at this point Mario DLC isn't a wise idea. Plus it's same old problem, we would not know whether NIntendo think the rest of unused Mario main cast or the already chosen Mario fighters would take the role to advertise beside Waluigi.

While I would like to see your idea about Waluigi's own game, for now it's hard to predict that happeing. The critical problem is timing, we'd more likely see advertising for recently released games like SMM2 or LM3. If NItnendo already think his game cannot catch the Smash 5 advertising train, they might just keep his invitation for Smash 6, that explains why he is an assist trohpy now.

Just still, I would think SMM2 or LM3 could had given chances for Waluigi to shine, so that he doesn't need own titles to fight in Smash bros.

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi's Wabumption Wahventure

Also, it depends who is in the game. You could also just do Mario Kart Spirits in general. A variant of Metal Mario using his render from 7, Pink Gold Peach, a few Babies, Shy Guy in a Kart. There's other stuff like Mario Party OC's who could work too if you just want to do general Spin-Off stuff. That said, the question is what music he'd come with and his Stage too. Is it Waluigi Pinball or something else? At least music is interchangeable for franchises, so it doesn't matter the track is already in Ultimate.
I feel like it'd have to be Waluigi Pinball regarding his stage, it's the most well known. I agree with the music, I could see us getting a ton of music from multiple Mario games (I'd love some Mario & Luigi Partners in Time songs), along with a remix of his main theme (Waluigi Pinball). I could see the same scenario working out for Geno. Getting a ton of Mario songs from the mainline/spin-off games, remix of his main theme, and then the Forest Maze as his stage.
Technically we've got Tour so you can say that too, and just at this point Mario DLC isn't a wise idea. Plus it's same old problem, we would not know whether NIntendo think the rest of unused Mario main cast or the already chosen Mario fighters would take the role to advertise beside Waluigi.

While I would like to see your idea about Waluigi's own game, for now it's hard to predict that happeing. The critical problem is timing, we'd more likely see advertising for recently released games like SMM2 or LM3. If NItnendo already think his game cannot catch the Smash 5 advertising train, they might just keep his invitation for Smash 6, that explains why he is an assist trohpy now.

Just still, I would think SMM2 or LM3 could had given chances for Waluigi to shine, so that he doesn't need own titles to fight in Smash bros.
Honestly I really thought Waluigi would've had SOME role in LM3, I believe its the cutscene where Luigi and everyone pull up to the hotel but you could see a sign with a symbol that looked liked Waluigi's nose and mustache. I thought he could've been at least a boss but that unfortunately didn't happen. At this point regarding DLC however I kinda hope he gets the Plant treatment as a standalone DLC fighter at the end of the pass. I was hoping for him to be standalone DLC before FP2 but if we gotta wait until Smash 6 I'd be fine with that.

Now if Spring Man gets in however I don't think we'd have to wait until Smash 6 if that means Assists are being upgraded

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I absolutely agree that Waluigi deserves a full Sakurai-ization like Pit or Piranha Plant before him. I feel like the sports angle isn't nearly wacky enough for Waluigi. The issue is that Waluigi has a ton of contradicting traits with not a lot of them being fully canon, per say. It'd be interesting to see the direction he would take with the character. Would it follow Smash Wario's wacky Microgame-esque animations? What moves will be taken from the regular Bros., if any? Will they base his gameplay more on pure skill (Sports/Olympics) or random chance (Party/Kart)? How much will the fan perceptions of the character leak into his recreation, and will he finally be given canon and tangible traits besides being just a Nintendo brand Dic Dastardly? I feel like these are questions the team will have to ask themselves and solve to be able to fully create a full moveset for the purple lank. Here's hoping we see them answered.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I absolutely agree that Waluigi deserves a full Sakurai-ization like Pit or Piranha Plant before him. I feel like the sports angle isn't nearly wacky enough for Waluigi. The issue is that Waluigi has a ton of contradicting traits with not a lot of them being fully canon, per say. It'd be interesting to see the direction he would take with the character. Would it follow Smash Wario's wacky Microgame-esque animations? What moves will be taken from the regular Bros., if any? Will they base his gameplay more on pure skill (Sports/Olympics) or random chance (Party/Kart)? How much will the fan perceptions of the character leak into his recreation, and will he finally be given canon and tangible traits besides being just a Nintendo brand **** Dastardly? I feel like these are questions the team will have to ask themselves and solve to be able to fully create a full moveset for the purple lank. Here's hoping we see them answered.
I picture his moveset being a mix of sports, karting, parties and also breaking the 4th wall.
Neutral
Tennis Serve (Mario Sports)

Side
Standard Kart (Mario Kart)

Up
Dice Hop (Mario Party)

Down
Stomp (Assist Trophy move)

Final Smash
The 4th Wah! (4th Wall Break)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
You know, the hunger for a new 3D Mario just hit me and I realized it's been almost three years since Odyssey's release. The release cycle between 3D Mario games is usually 3-4 years. Since 2020 is the 35 year anniversary of Mario, do you think we'll get a new 3D game announcement this year?
If we do get one then hopefully this might be the one where Waluigi appears in, I'm not holding my breath for it though.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
You know, the hunger for a new 3D Mario just hit me and I realized it's been almost three years since Odyssey's release. The release cycle between 3D Mario games is usually 3-4 years. Since 2020 is the 35 year anniversary of Mario, do you think we'll get a new 3D game announcement this year?
If we do get one then hopefully this might be the one where Waluigi appears in, I'm not holding my breath for it though.
Realistically, probably not. 3D Mario teams don't tend to include non-main characters often at all. Mario 64 DS is the only outlier. Even major players get ignored most of the time. Luigi wasn't in base game Odyssey or any of Sunshine, Wario hasn't appeared in any 3D game except DS, Bowser Jr. was created for the 3D games and hasn't been seen since Galaxy 2, and Donkey Kong and Daisy have never been seen in a 3D game. I'd absolutely love to see the extended cast in a major role, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

That said, Pauline hadn't been seen outside of Mini Mario games since the Arcade era until Odyssey. Hell, King K. Rool got a name drop in Odyssey, pre-Ultimate. Anything's possible, so I say just hope for the best, but expect a lot less.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Realistically, probably not. 3D Mario teams don't tend to include non-main characters often at all. Mario 64 DS is the only outlier. Even major players get ignored most of the time. Luigi wasn't in base game Odyssey or any of Sunshine, Wario hasn't appeared in any 3D game except DS, Bowser Jr. was created for the 3D games and hasn't been seen since Galaxy 2, and Donkey Kong and Daisy have never been seen in a 3D game. I'd absolutely love to see the extended cast in a major role, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

That said, Pauline hadn't been seen outside of Mini Mario games since the Arcade era until Odyssey. Hell, King K. Rool got a name drop in Odyssey, pre-Ultimate. Anything's possible, so I say just hope for the best, but expect a lot less.
Oh I'm definitely not expecting Waluigi to get in the next 3D game. It's something I wish would happen but I understand it's not that likely. Odyssey did take a new direction with the series and referenced some fan favorites in it, so perhaps the new team making 3D Marios might be more liberal about incorporating characters from the extended Mario universe in the mainline games. Waluigi got his first mainline reference in Odyssey with a costume, so it's not all that bad.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I can really see Waluigi getting in this pack.

Unfortunately, this makes me feel very uneasy. I truly believe Captain Toad is a character that should get into the game.
And Paper Mario really feels missing as well.
Boo would be an easy enough character to base off of Jigglypuff.

This won't all happen. Of course it cannot. And this brings the slightest tinge of feeling neglected to my soul.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't imagine Boo or King Boo playing like Jigglypuff or Kirby at all.
I could at best see a few assets of Jigglypuff, maybe. They do have similar shapes, and stuff like Double Slap could potentially work... for regular Boo. King Boo feels a lot different, including size, so not sure on that. Multiple jumps could be using their programming.

And that's kind of it. Borrowing a piece or two isn't really being based off of a character. They're already floating characters, with fits Mewtwo more, and that's just another programming asset reused, just like Mewtwo clearly reused Ness' jump in Melee.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They're already floating characters, with fits Mewtwo more, and that's just another programming asset reused, just like Mewtwo clearly reused Ness' jump in Melee.
I had no idea Mewtwo reused Ness's jump in Melee I never paid close attention to that thoughout all these years. Learn something new everyday.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had no idea Mewtwo reused Ness's jump in Melee I never paid close attention to that thoughout all these years. Learn something new everyday.
Yeah. They're pretty much identical bar a few animation differences at most. It's blatantly the same idea. Lucas does too, but it was even more obvious they reused the assets. Coincidentally all 3 have similarities in their movesets, using even similar elements.

Incidentally, you can see some similar aesthetics between Mewtwo and Lucario, even somewhat with their jumps alone. The funny thing about Brawl's newcomers is they slightly resemble some of the cut characters a little bit. Ike pretty much has Flare Blade and a move or two of Roy. Lucario is still an energy user with very unique animations, but resembles Mewtwo's bodyshape slightly, and having a single move that's very similar(it isn't till 4 they differentiated how Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere works. In fact, the only difference besides obviously the Aura mechanic is that one shoots in a straight line. Likewise, it's kind of obvious Shadow Ball used Charge Shot to help program it. They behave very similarly in concept, but quite uniquely in execution). Wario pretty much is kind of close to Dr. Mario in the sense of the "bigger" plumber-like character, but with unique moves. Wario even is an exaggerated Mario in his moveset. Toon Link actually did reuse Young Link's assets(though it was obvious they were built from a similar mold either way). That's about it, though. The closest thing to Pichu is that a Mascot Pokemon Got In With A Unique And Poorly Designed Mechanic(Pokemon Trainer), and that's all those two have in common. I mean, technically having special weaknesses, but both I'd call a stretch. I think that's... it for somewhat similar newcomers to the cut characters from Melee.

---------------

Anyway, it'd be neat if Waluigi could swim in the air as a forward aerial or as an actual unique move by pressing Up or something similar to Peach's Float.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah. They're pretty much identical bar a few animation differences at most. It's blatantly the same idea. Lucas does too, but it was even more obvious they reused the assets. Coincidentally all 3 have similarities in their movesets, using even similar elements.

Incidentally, you can see some similar aesthetics between Mewtwo and Lucario, even somewhat with their jumps alone. The funny thing about Brawl's newcomers is they slightly resemble some of the cut characters a little bit. Ike pretty much has Flare Blade and a move or two of Roy. Lucario is still an energy user with very unique animations, but resembles Mewtwo's bodyshape slightly, and having a single move that's very similar(it isn't till 4 they differentiated how Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere works. In fact, the only difference besides obviously the Aura mechanic is that one shoots in a straight line. Likewise, it's kind of obvious Shadow Ball used Charge Shot to help program it. They behave very similarly in concept, but quite uniquely in execution). Wario pretty much is kind of close to Dr. Mario in the sense of the "bigger" plumber-like character, but with unique moves. Wario even is an exaggerated Mario in his moveset. Toon Link actually did reuse Young Link's assets(though it was obvious they were built from a similar mold either way). That's about it, though. The closest thing to Pichu is that a Mascot Pokemon Got In With A Unique And Poorly Designed Mechanic(Pokemon Trainer), and that's all those two have in common. I mean, technically having special weaknesses, but both I'd call a stretch. I think that's... it for somewhat similar newcomers to the cut characters from Melee.

---------------

Anyway, it'd be neat if Waluigi could swim in the air as a forward aerial or as an actual unique move by pressing Up or something similar to Peach's Float.
I remember hearing some people saying Mewtwo was a Lucario clone when he came back as DLC in Smash 4. Lol! Have those people never played or heard of Melee and knew that Mewtwo was a playable character in Smash before the conspect of Lucario even existed at Game Freak? Lol!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember hearing some people saying Mewtwo was a Lucario clone when he came back as DLC. Lol! Have those people never played or heard of Melee and knew that Mewtwo was a playable character in Smash before the conspect of Lucario even existed at Game Freak? Lol!
Yeah, there's a huge difference between sharing some bits and pieces and a literal clone. Hero is what Mewtwo is in comparison, borrowing from a few others to make the character as fast as possible. Ness is actually retooled from Mario, oddly enough. Though you can see that their moveset has some similar conceptual animations and abilities here and there, but are still highly different. Wolf is more similar to Fox than Lucario is to Mewtwo. Though seeing a few shared animations, it's possible Lucario did get partially built off of Mewtwo akin to the Mario/Ness thing, but I kind of doubt it anyway.

Also, remember what I said about Wario and Dr. Mario? Now Dr. Mario's a heavyweight, further having slight similarities to Wario, heh. Key term being slight.

That said, probably the funniest thing I've brought up is that Bayonetta is like the only character that is lanky enough for Waluigi to slightly use as a base. A lot of echo jokes from that, but it's not an entirely off thought process. Though they're still way too clearly off for even that. Moveset-wise, I could see them borrowing pieces from Luigi and Wario somewhat, as Wario has the janky animations to fit his unique series(mainly based upon WarioWare), while Luigi has some moves/animations that could slightly be used as well. It also helps that Waluigi is meant to be based around Luigi as well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, there's a huge difference between sharing some bits and pieces and a literal clone. Hero is what Mewtwo is in comparison, borrowing from a few others to make the character as fast as possible. Ness is actually retooled from Mario, oddly enough. Though you can see that their moveset has some similar conceptual animations and abilities here and there, but are still highly different. Wolf is more similar to Fox than Lucario is to Mewtwo. Though seeing a few shared animations, it's possible Lucario did get partially built off of Mewtwo akin to the Mario/Ness thing, but I kind of doubt it anyway.

Also, remember what I said about Wario and Dr. Mario? Now Dr. Mario's a heavyweight, further having slight similarities to Wario, heh. Key term being slight.

That said, probably the funniest thing I've brought up is that Bayonetta is like the only character that is lanky enough for Waluigi to slightly use as a base. A lot of echo jokes from that, but it's not an entirely off thought process. Though they're still way too clearly off for even that. Moveset-wise, I could see them borrowing pieces from Luigi and Wario somewhat, as Wario has the janky animations to fit his unique series(mainly based upon WarioWare), while Luigi has some moves/animations that could slightly be used as well. It also helps that Waluigi is meant to be based around Luigi as well.
Wait a minute, why is Dr. Mario a heavyweight and Mario isn't?

Top Bottom