• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a NEW tier list?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Samus goes to bottom
Link moves up

Ness moves down
Fox moves up
Jiggs moves down

so my list would look something like this

Top -

Pika
Fox

Upper -

Kirby
Falcon

Middle -

Ness
Mario
DK

Low -

Yoshi
Jiggly
Link

Bottom-

Luigi
Samus

The biggest thing here is knocking jiggly so far down, I did this because of her shield vulnerability vs Ness and Kirby. She has no shield in these matches because if she uses it she will die. Even though link has such bad recovery he still has a great on the stage game. Fox with lasers and combos moves higher.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
i was in tha earlier pages but not when i said how will fox move up...and i disagree on what you said...the games are pretty different but not as much as you described them...
The only thing the 2 game's have in common are there the same type of fighters and there related. Thats about it.

Hax

Smash Champion
imo falcon > fox just because his combo ability is ********. i don't play smash64 competitively though, i just watch vids. :p maybe falcon > ness, even.. (based on the isai vids i've watched lol)

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
so why are you trying to change things for the tier list if you don't play competitively based on what you've seen from someone's vids? that makes no sense.

karterfreak

Smash Cadet
The only thing i would change on the tier list, is put ness above kirby. Ness' combo ablitity is rather insane in the hands of a decent player (improved moreso on lighter chatacters) and his utilt is broken on characters that arent light. Sure he is easy to intercept, but thats only if you get him at the edge.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Exactly. My tier list is based solely on a character's potential displayed by top players. Which would be something like this:

Top:
Pikachu
Fox
Kirby

High:
Falcon
Mario
Yoshi

Mid:
Link
Jigglypuff
DK
Luigi
Samus
Ness

Yes I think Ness is dead last because there are no amazing Ness' out there.
Umm isais Ness= god ssb ness reserch befor you post stupid stuff like this:mad:

greenblob

Smash Lord
Isai claims that his Ness isn't that great.

Anyway, from what I've observed, the tier list should be:

Top:
Pika
Fox

High:
Kirby
Falcon
Ness

Mid:
Mario
Jiggly

Low:
DK
Yoshi
Luigi

Bottom:
Link
Samus

Kirby and Ness move down because few pros use them and outside of combo vids (and perhaps Isai vids), I've never seen Ness zero-to-death combo. Link moves up because of Isai. Fox moves up because he's too good. And I always thought that DK and Yoshi should be in the same tier.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I really think people need to stop posting "omg isai can beat someone with this character they can't be bottom tier in fact they should be the toppest tier ."

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Hmm, with 64 its extremely hard to put one character over another. In all reality, I don't think there should be a tier list for smash64 because we'll never see a true top level to players or their abilities with characters.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I really think people need to stop posting "omg isai can beat someone with this character they can't be bottom tier in fact they should be the toppest tier ."
Actually, I believe the most accurate tier list would be divided this way:

Isai can win 100% of the time with:

Isai can win 75-100% of the time with:

Isai can win 50-75% of the time with:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Oh my god fanboys.

Anyhow, methinks that in AMERICAN VERSION, Pika is obviously > all. But fox and falcon IMO are better than kirby and ness. Maybe not kirby because of just how h4x his hitboxes are, but falcon and fox are way better than ness, they just put him up there because of DJC and how it wows ppl.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
haha, I love the worship on these boards. We all know he's a great player, but ffs do you kids have to feed his ego 24/7? :laugh:

greenblob

Smash Lord
That's the problem though. In most metagames, there is no one clear "best player," or if there is, he/she's usually just barely better. In Smash 64, Isai is much better than rest of the competition, and therefore he is probably the single largest consideration within tier list discussions.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
There is a difference between considering his ability and saying for every single character " This character should move up because Isai can win with him and therefore can't be bottom"

greenblob

Smash Lord
There is a difference between considering his ability and saying for every single character " This character should move up because Isai can win with him and therefore can't be bottom"
I agree, but sometimes there's a difference. If Isai is better with character A than he is with character B, and there aren't any people who can beat his A with B, then A would be above B.

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Sheer has a point , since I last played Quickman which was about 3-4 months ago No ness has seemed amazing.
I dont agree that he should be last tho , maybe somewhere around the middle low-middle.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I'm a noob, but I think DK should be a little higher up, for the sake of having 2 spikes (2 spikes are always better than 1 :D) and a good grab. At least put him at the bottom of mid instead of the top of low =/ I wish I knew where to place CF, he's like the Indianapolis Colts (for those who watch football)....amazing offensive power, but gets whooped around too -_-'

Thino

Smash Master
are u guys doin tier based upon individual character moves/skills/priority/whatever or how many players playing it at a high level?

greenblob

Smash Lord
Sheer has a point , since I last played Quickman which was about 3-4 months ago No ness has seemed amazing.
I dont agree that he should be last tho , maybe somewhere around the middle low-middle.
I think he should be high/middle. We've all seen what Ness can do in combo videos. But then Quickman's Ness or any other Nesses out there that are comparable should be the ultimate decider for Ness's placing.

And tiers are based off how each character does in the metagame.

Top Bottom