• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a NEW tier list?

nesshero

Smash Cadet
top tier:
yoshi, pika, fox, ness, captain, kirby

middle:
jiggly, mario

bottom:
dk, luigi, link, samus

maybe kirby is above captain

Zantetsu

Smash Master
In my opinion the tier list we got now is a mess. It looks like it is based off what players can do if put to the max limit like ness. But then again theres alot of characters who can be insane put to the max. Like fox. Just look @ ant-d's videos. He's pretty much putting characters to the max and just look at fox.

Then again the tier list also looks like a recovery based tier list. Ness, Pikachu and Kirby all have great recovery while link and samus dont have that great of one.

Back on the ness discussion. There are only a couple of nesses i know that are good and thats BBJR and Sima. Im sure theres a couple more but theres not that much. Just look at all the fox players out there though! If you line up all the competitive players and take a vote on who mains who i guarentee majority will main fox over any character. Thats what is kind of getting me nervous to. Maybe its the beginer foxes holding fox lower on the tier list? Im not sure. But seriously i think the tier list has to be changed at least before brawl.

Kirby seems way to high also. Apparently he has a broken utilt but that makes him top tier just for a simple broken hitbox? No it shouldnt. Of course he has the dair, utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, utilt, fair, Side smash but really thats one combo i see over used. But then again look at jig's. She's got about the same combo but instead of fair to side smash she has short hop rest >_>

Falcon has more zero to deaths then anyone i know of! Yes ness can be insane if put to the max like shown in ant-d's vids but seriously who in the world can use a character to the max? No one really. But 0-deaths with falcon or humanly possable. Only thing i think holding falcon down is his horrid recovery. But then again ness's recovery isnt that great also...Yes it may be far but easy to intercept which is why he's sometimes placed in high tier.

But those are just some of my opinions really. The tier list is such a mess i guess the quote is true...

Tires don exits

Now im waiting for people to quote and complain my comment. Idc but remember its just my opinion.

_kSo_

Smash Master
actually i think more ppl main pikachu moreso than others. and yes, a character can be broken for one broken attack. don't forget his incredible priority and fsmash that you can spam. also his dair can kill basically at any percentage against characters like fox and falcon

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Tires do exist XP, i thought the tier list was based off of match up's, link is bottom because he has almost no even match up's and like no match up's that he has the advantage in, thats my opinion.

Thino

Smash Master
The tier list is such a mess i guess the quote is true...

Tires don exits

Now im waiting for people to quote and complain my comment. Idc but remember its just my opinion.
not complaining or anything but if quote is true then you...somewhat disagree with the topic creator , but just like you he said that it was just his opinion

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Why is there still an argument over this?

Top: Pika, Fox, Kirby
High: Falcon, Ness
Middle: Mario, Jiggs, DK, Link
Low: Yoshi, Luigi
Bottom: Samus

Foxes lasers are way better then nesses 8 second to use recovery. Link is way better then characters whose short hop goes a mile into the air. Jiggs gets shield lamed by kirby so she drops down. Falcon and kirby might even switch places on this list, I fear grab/smash --> death combo of falcon that isn't really very escapable a lot more then up tilt.

nesshero

Smash Cadet

Foxes lasers are way better then nesses 8 second to use recovery. Link is way better then characters whose short hop goes a mile into the air. Jiggs gets shield lamed by kirby so she drops down. Falcon and kirby might even switch places on this list, I fear grab/smash --> death combo of falcon that isn't really very escapable a lot more then up tilt.
honestly, yoshi is way better than dk and mario.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I thought tiers were based on facts instead of personal opinions
Facts that include match upz >:p
lol yoshi cant be top tier, his really only good against fastfallers like fox and falcon, floaties give yoshi way to much trouble >:p why are you backing up yoshi if ur nesshero?

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
My tier:
top:pika, fox, CF
high: yoshi,kirby,ness
middle: mario, jigglypuff, luigi
low:Link, Dk, samus.

Zantetsu

Smash Master

I liek this =D

honestly, yoshi is way better than dk and mario.
Yoshi isnt going to be top now get over and gtfo >_<

DK on the bottom is a huge false right there
I think he was refering to his own tier list on how he plays characters.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
usually but apparently you don't
Man, you're such an annoying douche. You can't make one post that isnt you being a douche. I bet you suck at ssb64 too. Ill play you anytime when Ive got my controller hooked up again.

Yoshi shouldn't be top tier. Why? Because fox falcon kirby ness and pikachu are all better. No one agrees with you. You're wrong. Your yoshi would get 5 stocked by half the people here, and you're lame.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tiger, don't slip into the whole trolling phase again >.>;

I'm guessing you're saying that Yoshi should be top tier because he can do something no one else can: Parrying. Thing is, what can you do out of a parry? Usmash? DJC'd Dair or Fair? You can do both of them out of a shield, albeit with longer shield lag, but it's safer.

Ness DJC's better, a LOT better, so that's no reason to put him above Ness.

nesshero

Smash Cadet

Actually i do. Most of the time when people say "XP" there jokin around. Still even tho yoshi is cool dosent mean hes top >_>

Run along smash child

i was referring to myself, about the whole "yoshi is top" thing.
he's just the coolest

calm down guyz!!1

Top Bottom