• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Smash Revolution For Brawl!!!!! It Is Melee 2.0!!!

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

It is time for change in the SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL world. It is now all about MELEE 2.0.
The smash Community is slowly changing this still fairly new game that is SSBB into something we all feared and yet kind of wanted. It is the hope of all smashers in the community to turn Brawl into a MLG competitive game and now we are succeeding.

It is now time for Melee players and Brawl players to come together as one and play Melee 2.0. This is a huge, HUGE step for us and it completely changes the game. I feel if we let this become the regular at tournaments all over the country, MLG and the The Developers of Smash wil have no choice but to completely change there game for COMPETITION and not just for family fun.

YES there are 2 BRAWLS now. The Family fun Brawl with final smashes, items, floaty characters for easy recoveries, and 4 way free for alls with the whole family. Then there is Melee 2.0 version of SSBB where yes, there is WAVEDASHING, L CANCELING (shield canceling), and use of high gravity to make the characters not as floaty and to make the game a completely new style and thus revolutionizing the recovery game and edge guarding.

Here are some videos:

Shield Canceling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRHA4aqVJ2Y

Wavedashing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRvelIMdAw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd73w74ZWpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBV8CCLJsfM&feature=related

If you put the game in high gravity mode this game plays nearly exactly like melee, and i believe eliminates some of the things like chingrabs, but i am not sure. This will revolutionize the game and also gives hope to characters we hate to see sink so low, like CAPTAIN FALCON.

Also this DOESNT HELP METAKNIGHT...... people say it helps him but really almost all his moves auto cancels anyway and meta wont be able to continue to airdoge everything. This also totally helps Link NOT SUCK EITHER!!!!

Please everyone tell me what you thing about trying to change the game for the better and making it Melee 2.0. Hopefully this will catch MLG's eye and bring brawl to the PRO CIRCUIT so we can all enjoy the competion. PLUS THIS WILL BRING TOGETHER THE MELEE PLAYERS WITH THE BRAWL PLAYERS to unite us once again.

OMG CAN FOX WAVESHINE AGAIN!!!!!!

Thanx

Saltix

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

It is time for change in the SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL world. It is now all about MELEE 2.0.
The smash Community is slowly changing this still fairly new game that is SSBB into something we all feared and yet kind of wanted. It is the hope of all smashers in the community to turn Brawl into a MLG competitive game and now we are succeeding.

It is now time for Melee players and Brawl players to come together as one and play Melee 2.0. This is a huge, HUGE step for us and it completely changes the game. I feel if we let this become the regular at tournaments all over the country, MLG and the The Developers of Smash wil have no choice but to completely change there game for COMPETITION and not just for family fun.

YES there are 2 BRAWLS now. The Family fun Brawl with final smashes, items, floaty characters for easy recoveries, and 4 way free for alls with the whole family. Then there is Melee 2.0 version of SSBB where yes, there is WAVEDASHING, L CANCELING (shield canceling), and use of high gravity to make the characters not as floaty and to make the game a completely new style and thus revolutionizing the recovery game and edge guarding.

Here are some videos:

Shield Canceling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRHA4aqVJ2Y

Wavedashing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRvelIMdAw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd73w74ZWpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBV8CCLJsfM&feature=related

If you put the game in high gravity mode this game plays nearly exactly like melee, and i believe eliminates some of the things like chingrabs, but i am not sure. This will revolutionize the game and also gives hope to characters we hate to see sink so low, like CAPTAIN FALCON.

Also this DOESNT HELP METAKNIGHT...... people say it helps him but really almost all his moves auto cancels anyway and meta wont be able to continue to airdoge everything. This also totally helps Link NOT SUCK EITHER!!!!

Please everyone tell me what you thing about trying to change the game for the better and making it Melee 2.0. Hopefully this will catch MLG's eye and bring brawl to the PRO CIRCUIT so we can all enjoy the competion. PLUS THIS WILL BRING TOGETHER THE MELEE PLAYERS WITH THE BRAWL PLAYERS to unite us once again.

OMG CAN FOX WAVESHINE AGAIN!!!!!!

Thanx
No. This is not Melee 2.0.
There are countless posts like this, and all they do is start another huge debate.

If you want Melee so much, leave Brawl alone and go play it.
Melee is a dying game. Get with the times.

Metà

Smash Master
No amount of hacks will turn Brawl into Melee, because Melee is so much more than just wavedashing and L-cancelling. People who think this 'Melee 2.0' will ever become a tournament standard are deluding themselves; it's just a mutilated version of Brawl that few people will ever take seriously.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
as gay as all this melee 2.0 **** is (seriously just play melee, its such an ill game. ) this does look kind of fun.
to think its ever gonna be tourney standard is a pipedream.

Vts

Smash Champion
nah this is melee .5 its still not melee with new characters its brawl trying to become melee and its a down grade, everyone is still to floaty and no hit stun really (very minor).

Zodiac

Smash Master
There are countless posts like this, and all they do is start another huge debate.

And you are a fool.

Every smasher worth his salt knows that brawl is boring and slow, PERIOD. But they play it because of the mass influx of brawlers and they make up most of the community therefore they play it. Brawl has always sucked, and its a little more exciting with these on.. in short, all of quite being such ****ing *****

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman

lol... this brawl and melee things its turning in some kind of fashion stuff :p. get with the times? good one xD.

idea

Smash Master
there was a setup for this at event 52...it's actually pretty fun =) clearly not melee, melee's way better etc. but it's still fun, as long as you think of it as brawl but less stupid. shield canceling ike's fair looks pretty broken.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah I would consider this more brawl 2.0 then Melee, it's really not even close and still has a lot of flaws. I doubt it's going to get serious consideration any time soon.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
brawl with melee l cancel and no tripping is the best setup for this, maybe melee airdodge too but meh lol

melees still better, this is just a brawl upgrade that should be ****ed around with imo

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Seriously though guys... with just the no tripping code and L cancelling alone, brawl becomes a 100% superior game to what it currently is. This is a fact because I'm talking about superiority in terms of competitiveness AND enjoyability.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Wavedashing in brawl isnt even really bad... the most noticable thing in the hack is that you are no longer able to air dodge out of everything so even without the hitstun you can still combo now. Either way your gonna get hit again. So now off stage characters like falcon can up air to knee or the opponent is gonna die anyway from airdodging. Characters like kirby and zss get alot better to because its easy to juggle. If they airdodge u get a free hit and you can combo until they DI out of the way. I think honestly people shouldn't try to down it until they try it. We know its not melee and its not brawl either but it is more fun than brawl by itself

Dumah

Smash Cadet
Why do people want l cancel and wavedashing so bad? Brawl requires balance, not the inclusion of more abuses in physics systems.

If something were to come out that fixed Meta Knight and Snake, fixed infinites and chain grabs, and fixed spamming, and then balanced the rest of the cast better, I would play that. . What does it matter if MLG or whoever doesn't recognize it as a tourney viable game? That doesn't affect how much you like the game.

Pipedream

Top Bottom