• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new mod needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do you guys think that we need a new mod that actually comes around here and cleans up the topics that are useless? we have 3 stickies that aren't used anymore which we could do away with and a few others that need to be stickied. would you guys like me to be a mod? I would be more than happy to be a mod around here and since I am the most active DK player in here anyway and I know what goes on.

what do you think?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
You get my vote.

Bl4nk

Smash Cadet
We have the exact same problem at the Mario boards, you're not alone.

Tenki

Smash Hero
We can have board-specific mods? o_O

iono, the Sonic boards are full of noobspam recently. Everyone kept whining for mod attention to the boards ("we need a mod!" "omg ___ should be mod!"), so I started reporting threads and they started getting locked/moved/whatever

`.`; I guess it's kinda like modding. Sort of.

LOL and because everyone was vying for a sticky, we just have a thread with links for all the useful threads ("Thread Index Zone") and that got stickied instead xD

Master Raven

Smash Master
Wait, how would Ripple get mod status simply because most of the people in this topic want him to? I don't know how earning mod status works around here but I doubt he'd gain mod just by simply having most people on this board voting for him.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wait, how would Ripple get mod status simply because most of the people in this topic want him to? I don't know how earning mod status works around here but I doubt he'd gain mod just by simply having most people on this board voting for him.
I simply ask one of the admins if I can be a mod only for the DK forums, I was just seeing if you guys wanted me to ask for it or someone else

Master Raven

Smash Master
It seems that the general consensus in most internet forums is that if you ask for mod, you won't earn it... but if that's not how things work around here, sure, you have my vote.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It seems that the general consensus in most internet forums is that if you ask for mod, you won't earn it... but if that's not how things work around here, sure, you have my vote.
wel if not then I can just ask them to clean this up a little bit

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
We have the same problem in the IC boards...

I've been trolling the DK fourms, and it's more dead than the IC boards, but at least the DK board have a match up thread that is somewhat active, ours is dead... The person that made it hasn't been active since last month.

Me want you to clean up DK boards since me need help.

They are also a lack of good topics on the DK boards. Mabye that's why it's so inactive?

Edit: If you do get Mod, please sticky them important threads.

B0NK

Smash Lord
All you have to do is PM a mod to un-sticky or sticky a thread and they will usually do it. You can't just label a thread "Please remove sticky" and expect them to see it. PM a mod and they will usually get around to it. Has anyone on this board even tried PM a mod to fix up the board? The only reason why boards are dead is because people don't bother posting in them. The Yoshi boards seem to be doing fine and I know for a fact that the people who visit the board often PM mods to get things sticky and un-sticky. So no, you don't get my vote because there isn't a need for a new mod.

Neb

Smash Lord
All you have to do is PM a mod to un-sticky or sticky a thread and they will usually do it. You can't just label a thread "Please remove sticky" and expect them to see it. PM a mod and they will usually get around to it. Has anyone on this board even tried PM a mod to fix up the board? The only reason why boards are dead are because people don't bother posting in them. The Yoshi boards seem to be doing fine and I know for a fact that the people who visit the board often PM mods to get things sticky and un-sticky. So no, you don't get my vote because there isn't a need for a new mod.
This. Just ask, they're pretty nice.
They've stickied my threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom