• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new home skin for Smashboards

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Serious Question about the Livestream Box:

I just discovered this thread, this is a PM I sent to JV, I hope some more people will get on board.

I am a smash livestreamer, and I have been doing it for a couple months now every Thursday and some Friday and Saturdays.

I am super excited to see that you have a livestream section on the front page, I have been wanting one of those ever since I started. Having to spam random boards for 20 minutes in order to let people know gets very annoying both for myself and surely for others.

Anyway, I read your post about how you get your stream on the page, and it seems that you can only do it through the Tournament Calendar. This is great for tournament livestreams obviously, but I think it would be kindof weird for user streams to be posted there, as there are several streamers like myself that would probably be cluttering the thing with our weekly shows. So the question is, can we add a function for user streams that aren't tournaments? Perhaps it could work something like www.teamliquid.net where users have a method of signing in themselves and putting themselves on and offline. I'm no programmer so I don't know how it works.

Thanks for your help, I think if we could make this work that would be awesome. I'm tired of working out of this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299474 LOL
Well technically we could make a list of Livestreams pretty much any way we wanted. I'm sure Bionic would be able to handle that easily. It's more-so just a question of if/how we want to present non-tournament streams really.

I'll bring it up with Bio and JV next time we go over things, it's definitely possible from a technically standpoint though, yes.
Well sweet. Non-tournament streams have brought countless players into SC2 as you probably know. Streams have somewhat re-invigorated alot of Midwestern smashers and I hope you and Bionic and JV can make a front-page advertised livestream section a reality for the smash community (and regular smash streamers)!!
There's no really perfect system and I went with the Tournament Calendar because they use it the most and to prevent abuse, but if yours & others' times are going to be consistent I can probably hardcode in a list so that it'll display on top on scheduled times.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
There's no really perfect system and I went with the Tournament Calendar because they use it the most and to prevent abuse, but if yours & others' times are going to be consistent I can probably hardcode in a list so that it'll display on top on scheduled times.
Okay I'll PM you =]

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
it's funny because there's no color for TOs

which actually has to do with Smash lol

wow not even on the right page ._.

was responding to:
Brawl is a colourful game, so we should be colourful people and have colourful usernames :awesome:

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I noticed that new skin have a new function of Melee character right?
Is that possible to add N64 Character too? There is people which still plays, like me!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
hey guys, i noticed that new skin have a new function of melee character right?
Is that possible to add n64 character too? There is people which still plays, like me!
can we have a 64 character postbit? It seems like this site loves to forget where it comes from and only concentrate on melee and brawl. Sure, it never was as big as either of them, but we wouldn't have either ofthe later two without 64. I'd like to see it remembered as well.
find us some good quality rips and we'll consider it.
1 0

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm on it then.

I'll send Bio some ripped/re-sized Icons in a few minutes.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Bleh, already sent him a set where two of those Icons were over that limit.

I'll see what I can do to fix those two.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Fixing. Didn't realize it showed up as black on some browsers.

Top Bottom