• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Moral Conflict

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Why post a trending picture if you can just...idunno...say it? Unless there's something actually hilarious going on in the picture, which there isn't.

I'm not missing the point, I just ****ing hate anything like that. It's a catalyst for dumb people, it's like a children's story. CAN'T ENJOY THE MESSAGE WITHOUT PICTURES, AND THEY BETTER HAVE ****ING COLOR GODDAMN IT.

inb4 flacon y u so mad tho

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was actually about to edit my post saying you were mad for the fun of it, too late though. *snaps fingers in disappointment*

As for pictures and what not, well, the picture kind of provides evidence for the point. I mean, just saying, "People rallying up to support this fast food place because of its traditional religious values blah blah blah", people would be like, "Is that really happening? I haven't really seen that.." Besides, I can kind of imagine someone saying, "Why type out what you can post a picture of as an example?" Nothing you have to think too deeply about, dude. You do that a lot, which only aids in the reputation that you've built up.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah really we don't need #trendingworldwide #yolo #myworthlessexistence stuff here, there are about a million other places on the internet for that.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Honestly, I don't care why people made it, nor do I get why that issue is being brought to me. Had I typed out what I posted a picture of, there would not have been a "problem", so basically people just have this animosity towards trending pictures. I get it, I do. But... :rolleyes:

And I never said people are asking that. Just illustrating a point. o-o

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yes because as a mod of this place, I need to look at things in a bigger picture.

See you post a single picture and it is relevant, but it falls under that category. Someone with a little less appreciation for relevance of pictures and gay macros (99.9% of the internet), will then take that as a sign that "OH HEY LET ME POST THIS HILARIOUS CHEEZBURGER PIC IN HERE I CAN HAZ LULZEPICCHUCKNORRIS? XD"

Yup.

Just listen to Teran he is wise.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The point is that Christians are dumb. People already know this. It's the kind of **** clearly designed to pander to dumb people so they feel smart.

Also listen to Teran he is gay.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
As important as I am to the fate of the world, I don't think my sexuality is really a relevant debate.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Like 90% of companies we buy from probably have done something wrong so you're probably always going to be funding bad practices no matter where you consume.

I can't believe people are actually saying that you're not allowed to have certain opinions. It was that very thinking that kept minorities oppressed all that time.

People who think like that are fundamentally no different to bigots, they just happen to have been exposed to more liberal views. The fundamental thinking is the same though.

Basically, anyone who thinks that a particular movement/society/era be it liberal or not, is so correct that publicly expressing or practicing conflicting views is a comple ****wit.

Also, anyone who thinks that modern liberal views are the more 'universal' or 'natural' views and aren't born from specific thinkers and schools of thought like bigotted views are is also a complete ****wit (well maybe not, they're just uninformed).

Inb4yougettooworkedup

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Basically, anyone who thinks that a particular movement/society/era be it liberal or not, is so correct that publicly expressing or practicing conflicting views is a comple ****wit.

Also, anyone who thinks that modern liberal views are the more 'universal' or 'natural' views and aren't born from specific thinkers and schools of thought like bigotted views are is also a complete ****wit (well maybe not, they're just uninformed).

Inb4yougettooworkedup

so what exactly are you saying here

I mean on a basic coherence level, I can't comprehend what you are trying to express.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
so what exactly are you saying here

I mean on a basic coherence level, I can't comprehend what you are trying to express.
It was in response to people who said people shouldn't be allowed to have anti gay sentiments. I'm saying they're fundamentally no different to biggots.

My second point is that people who think that liberal views aren't special so thinking that we should so confident in them that we ban conflicting oppinions is very backward thinking.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You know opinions can be wrong Dre. Like, if my opinion was "Dre should be anally violated by a crowbar" and I worked really really hard to get other people to be of that opinion and tried to sway people to vote in a law that made it legal to anally violate Dre with a crowbar, it would be a "Wrong opinion"

People are allowed to have their opinions, they are NOT allowed to force theirs on others or oppress them because of them. Dont be ****ing stupid.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Er, well if we want to get technical, being against bigotry is thinking like a bigot. And the government with it's laws are a form of bigotry against self-designated unlawful things.

Oddly enough, I don't find myself caring.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As important as I am to the fate of the world, I don't think my sexuality is really a relevant debate.
Shut up, it is.

And Teran is MEGA GAY

I don't see why people give a ****. Just don't go there if you don't support it. Easy. Are they stupid? OF COURSE, but so are a lot of people. It's a lot easier to give no ****s about bigots.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You know opinions can be wrong Dre. Like, if my opinion was "Dre should be anally violated by a crowbar" and I worked really really hard to get other people to be of that opinion and tried to sway people to vote in a law that made it legal to anally violate Dre with a crowbar, it would be a "Wrong opinion".
Explain to me how that's wrong. Illegal? Yes definitely. Wrong is a moral thing each individual really has to decide for themselves, there is no universal right or wrong, as in nothing is inherent. An opinion can't be right or wrong, that's what makes it...opinion.

That being said, they can make you look ****ing stupid in the eyes of most people, depending on what they are. I mean, I think it's stupid to really give a **** about sexuality, but some people think it's a sin, and I'm pretty sure there's no scientific basis in "sin", it's just a belief.

A ****ing stupid belief. I'm sorry, I meant IN MY OPINION a ****ing stupid one, just in case Mura Rengan is watching. Derp.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
Hate the owners Viewpoints on homosexuality

but love the food

not gay so don't really care either way. Bring on the chicken

/topic

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hate the owners Viewpoints on homosexuality

but love the food

not gay so don't really care either way. Bring on the chicken

/topic
Not black so bring on the slavory.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
meh regardless its not something that really effects me, and I'm sure not gonna let it sway me from wanting to eat their food.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Aren't you kind of oppressing his right to not give a **** about matters that don't pertain to him? Truthfully, if everyone thought the way he did, then gays would have equal rights.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I can't believe people are saying that they don't care about something simply because it doesn't affect them. If I was given six months to live, I would read posts like that everyday because people like that make the idea of exiting the world seem a lot better.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Isn't not caring about stuff that doesn't affect you better than caring too much about stuff that has nothing to do with you? Ya know, like people who protest gays right to marry, even though they are straight, right wing christians whose own personal relationship with their spouse won't be affected in the slightest by letting other human beings be happy and have the same rights in the eyes of the law, which has nothing to do with the eyes of God. Those people? Yea no, **** that. I would very much prefer it if those people would mind their own ****ing business, the way MR. K does.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Isn't not caring about stuff that doesn't affect you better than caring too much about stuff that has nothing to do with you? Ya know, like people who protest gays right to marry, even though they are straight, right wing christians whose own personal relationship with their spouse won't be affected in the slightest by letting other human beings be happy and have the same rights in the eyes of the law, which has nothing to do with the eyes of God. Those people? Yea no, **** that. I would very much prefer it if those people would mind their own ****ing business, the way MR. K does.
Well if I ever find lying you in the street with a bullet in your chest needing urgent medical attention, I'll remember to not get help seeing as it has nothing to do with me.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm gay and I'd still eat there.

I'd like to believe in the overall decency of humanity and just because I'm putting a couple dolla in the pockets of someone who hates the gays, don't think that should largely affect the rational members of society.

I think people just don't realise how long certain mentalities and views take to become standard. I mean come on our parents were alive when blacks and gays were second class citizens so really it hasn't been a long time in the grand scheme, I think we like to make things look bleaker than they are, because saying the world is doomed is ****ing hilarious and fun.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well if I ever find lying you in the street with a bullet in your chest needing urgent medical attention, I'll remember to not get help seeing as it has nothing to do with me.
If I was minding my own business, and the guy with the gun was minding his own business, then I prolly wouldn't have gotten shot.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Truthfully, if everyone thought the way he did, then gays would have equal rights.
Not really, because people actually think that people being gay does affect them. Because it's going to bring the apocalypse or ruin the sanctity of marriage or *gasp* they'll catch the gay.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
But marriage isn't a sanctified thing, it's a legal thing. Getting married in the eyes of the law =/= getting married in the eyes of God, so why do they care? If right wing christian crazies want to discriminate against gays, then why don't they just ban them from getting married in their churches? Why do they have to bring the government into it, and make it so they don't get to have equal rights to marry as citizens of this country? I'll never understand that.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
They believe that making it legal essentially means you're making sin legal, which in their crazy minds means God will then hate Amurricuh, even though clearly the real reason he hates us is because we elected a black man with a name that sounds like a terrorist leader's.

Cuz you know, God and stuff. Yeah.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's funny because Capitalism is like the most unchristian thing in the world.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
How exactly is Chick-Fil-A 'against' gay marriage? The only thing the OP says is that the owner has expressed his belief that gays should not be allowed to get married.

Is Chick-Fil-A actively anti-gay? Do they refuse to serve gay customers? etc etc
Cite sources please

Top Bottom