• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Look at the Japanese Packaging

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I might buy a 8gb SD card soon just for Smash and other IMPORTANT games and updates for it and all of that.

While I use my 4gb sd card for virtual console games I ever play on my 3DS

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Is the 4940 the amount of points it'll cost? If so, the 5000 point eShop card I'm planning on getting for my Japanese 3DS will do fine (there's no extra tax or anything, right?). That'd be good.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Is the 4940 the amount of points it'll cost? If so, the 5000 point eShop card I'm planning on getting for my Japanese 3DS will do fine (there's no extra tax or anything, right?). That'd be good.
I don't think when downloading a game from the eShop thhey give tax so you should be alright (and me since I plan on getting it digital.)

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently going through some of the Japanese Text and trying to translate it with Google Translate (I know, it's really unreliable). If anybody wants to do help out, this is what I have so far:
ゲストキャラも参戦
Guest character also participated

探索モード 「フィールドスマッシュ」
Search mode "field Smash"

攻撃UP
Attack UP

アイテムを集めてキャラを強化。ライバルとの最終戦へ!
Enhanced built Umate character items. To the final match of the rival! (I wrote one of the kanji wrong)
And strengthen the character and collect items

自分好みのファイターに カスタマイズ
Customize to your favorite fighter

Miiも使える
A Mii can also be used

必殺ワザや能カをカスタマイズ。
Customize your abilities and deadly tricks.

カスタマイズしたキャラはWiiU版でも使用可能。
Character you have customized can also be used in the WiiU version.

EDIT: Fixed one of the translations

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon appears in the back side of the packaging. Could that mean he'd go back to Melee basics? (of course, I'm only talking about starter status)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
you guys know what's weird?

That's at the bottom of the brawl site.

Unless Nintendo bought out Earthbound from Shigesato Itoi/APE inc. that should still be there, especially with Mr. Saturn returning. maybe this isn't the final version of the box?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Captain Falcon appears in the back side of the packaging. Could that mean he'd go back to Melee basics? (of course, I'm only talking about starter status)
I'm fairly confident in saying it guarantees him starter status.

you guys know what's weird?

That's at the bottom of the brawl site.

Unless Nintendo bought out Earthbound from Shigesato Itoi/APE inc. that should still be there, especially with Mr. Saturn returning. maybe this isn't the final version of the box?
It was only added once Lucas was confirmed on the site, there's nothing relating to Earthbound on the box art, and maybe there isn't anything relating to Earthbound on the starting character roster either, so it can be explained.

Last edited:

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently going through some of the Japanese Text and trying to translate it with Google Translate (I know, it's really unreliable). If anybody wants to do help out, this is what I have so far:
ゲストキャラも参戦
Guest character also participated

探索モード 「フィールドスマッシュ」
Search mode "field Smash"

攻撃UP
Attack UP

アイテムを集めてキャラを強化。ライバルとの最終戦へ!
Enhanced built Umate character items. To the final match of the rival! (I wrote one of the kanji wrong)
And strengthen the character and collect items

自分好みのファイターに カスタマイズ
Customize to your favorite fighter

Miiも使える
A Mii can also be used

必殺ワザや能カをカスタマイズ。
Customize your abilities and deadly tricks.

カスタマイズしたキャラはWiiU版でも使用可能。
Character you have customized can also be used in the WiiU version.

EDIT: Fixed one of the translations
Doing tje multiplayer area.

ローカルプレイ
Local Play

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Probably.

For those interested, here's a list of everyone that's been shown on the boxart for either the 3DS version or the Wii U version:
:4link::4mario::4pikachu::4pit::4villager::4samus::4littlemac::4marth::4kirby::4yoshi::rosalina::4wiifit::4dk::4peach::4falcon::4fox:
That's a total of 16 characters that are potentially starters. I'd also wager that some of the characters from the demos are also starters (excluding some of the obvious unlockables, such as Luigi and Toon Link).

Doing the multiplayer area.

ローカルプレイ
Local Play
If you find yourself stumped on one of the characters, here's a gigantic list of kanji to search through that might be helpful. For the translation I got wrong before, I had to skim through this list to find the right one, because Google Translate's Handwriting function wasn't giving me the right character.

And here's a list of kanji on Wikipedia. You can probably sort through it easier than the other list.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Probably.

For those interested, here's a list of everyone that's been shown on the boxart for either the 3DS version or the Wii U version:
:4link::4mario::4pikachu::4pit::4villager::4samus::4littlemac::4marth::4kirby::4yoshi::rosalina::4wiifit::4dk::4peach::4falcon::4fox:
That's a total of 16 characters that are potentially starters. I'd also wager that some of the characters from the demos are also starters (excluding some of the obvious unlockables, such as Luigi and Toon Link).
Toon Link and Greninja are at the back of the Box as well. (As well as the third parties but they will probably be unlockables again)

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link and Greninja are at the back of the Box as well. (As well as the third parties but they will probably be unlockables again)
I totally forgot about them. Thanks for noticing that.

Nice sig, btw.

Also, the Mii Fighter is technically on the packaging, too. Does this mean we will have the ability to make these custom fighters from the get-go?

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Hmm I thought it might actually be bigger, but still to be bigger then Pokemon X and Y is quite the feat.

Khao

Smash Lord
And there were actually people who thought that even an 4-8GB cartridge wouldn't be enough to have a bigger roster than Brawl, lol.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
also going to point out that Pikachu's ears are outside his box.

.....Again.
He doesn't like staying in his Pokéball, so what makes you think that he wants to stay in a Smashbox? He even expresses his disdain for being in a container by sitting on some boxes in this picture:

If I could talk, I'd be saying "I'll Smash you open like a Smash Ball!!!"

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'll be getting a bigger SD card for my Japanese 3DS then... they can use SD cards bought in the US, right?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I totally forgot about them. Thanks for noticing that.

Nice sig, btw.

Also, the Mii Fighter is technically on the packaging, too. Does this mean we will have the ability to make these custom fighters from the get-go?
Also, to add on, you can see Palutena now too next to Kirby in the upper right screenshot.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, now that I think about it.. Snake and Sonic were shown on the back side of Brawl's box art. The back side of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS' Japanese packaging contains Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Sonic in one screenshot.. so if Snake was confirmed, he'd be included in that same exact screenshot showing the said third party characters. It probably means he's disconfirmed now.

Also..

That's exactly how I thought the Smash 3DS icon would look like. xD
The Wii U icon would be the same thing but instead of red, it'd be blue.. I guess?

Last edited by a moderator:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
In case anybody needs it/finds it relevant, here is a translation:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
No Konami...Snake deconfirmed?

I'm going to murder someone.
Kojima specifically said that he had not been approached for Snake's return, so it was always clutching at straws.

But as has been mentioned, there is no Ubisoft and we know Rayman is a trophy. So anything's possible.

EDIT: Thanks for that image, I guess no download play, that's a shame as I wanted to play with my little cousin.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No Download Play? Oh well.. maybe it's for the best. Thanks for the translated image though!

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Kojima specifically said that he had not been approached for Snake's return, so it was always clutching at straws.

But as has been mentioned, there is no Ubisoft and we know Rayman is a trophy. So anything's possible.

EDIT: Thanks for that image, I guess no download play, that's a shame as I wanted to play with my little cousin.
If what your saying is true then we can 100% confirm snake is not returning. Because, Sakurai himself said that the cast has already been decided pre development of the games. Unless, Sakurai decides to make a last minute decision.

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
I would say that the lack of snake in the "guest characters join the fight" picture as well as the lack of Konami in the credits pretty much says Snake is 100% gone. Also I'm kinda worried for Ness an Lucas. it seems that characters get the company credit on the box but trophies (Rayman) or Items (Mother) don't require the on box credit. Though melee doesn't have the IS credit on the back of its box...so maybe this means nothing for Ness or Lucas. I just hope we can get the real box soon. Also the lack of download play is a bit disappointing...though kind of expected.

Top Bottom