• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Look at Japan's *WEEKLY* キャラランク "Chara Ranks" (use Official Sticky for Tier Debate)

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
Good to see Fox up there. Too many wrote him off early because he isnt melee fox. Well, this isnt Melee. He plays differently and is a great Snake, Falco ,and Meta fighter.

Any vids of Japanese Pro Fox users besides the Zentore vid?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
S. Snake, Falco, MK, ROB
A. Diddy, Fox, Marusu
B. Wolf, G&W, Toon, Pit
C. ICs, Olimar, ZeroSamus, Pikachu, Mario, Lucario
D. Kirby, Sheik, DDD, *Lucas, Luigi, Wario
E. *Ike, Koopa, Zelda, DK, Ness, Peach, *Link
F. *Samus, Sonic, CF, Purin, PokeTore, Yoshi
G. Ganon

That list looks perfect! Except that DDD either be in S or A ranking. I think this is the most accurate tier list by FAR!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
S. Snake, Falco, MK, ROB
A. Diddy, Fox, Marusu
B. Wolf, G&W, Toon, Pit
C. ICs, Olimar, ZeroSamus, Pikachu, Mario, Lucario
D. Kirby, Sheik, DDD, *Lucas, Luigi, Wario
E. *Ike, Koopa, Zelda, DK, Ness, Peach, *Link
F. *Samus, Sonic, CF, Purin, PokeTore, Yoshi
G. Ganon

*facepalms* Well, Wario should be in A or B rank, Luigi should be in high-mid C rank and Mario should never be above him, Ganondorf is NOT the worst in the game (Falcon), Zelda should be in C or B, DK should be in the high B or low A, Diddy and Fox are slightly too high, more likely high B, Falco for sure isn't the s3nd best, that's MK for sure, and DDD placing is outrageous, he should be A rank.

Other than that, it's alright.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Mario really isn't that bad of a character, he is so well rounded. He is underused, that why most people don't think he is good.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I know this is old. But it is a very interesting thread. Anyone knows if OP will still update it? Because I know he's been active.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^No, just Japanese tourney results. But they are kinda old and outdated, that's why I asked if OP was willing to keep it updated.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I think it would be interesting to see how things have changed since this was last updated until now. If the OP is willing I'm sure it would be a worthwhile read. Good bump Dekuu.

Browny

Smash Hater
looks like all brawl newcomers were banned, along with MK :p

... was this even a brawl tourney? i cant read the results lol

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sorry to but in, but I was curious what those links posted in OP's post were. Where some of them just gaming boards (i.e. 2ch) or were they Smash boards?

LSDX

Wah!
We need a good D3/Wario to go over there, they are top tier worthy! (Someone plays DK, just infinite him with D3, :p)
I may be wrong on this, but Japan doesn't believe in partaking in infinites, chaingrabs, etc. Japanese smashers are more offense orianted as opposed to the deffensive players of the U.S., Europe (?), and so on. They pretty much orient their gameplay on raw speed and player skill instead of chains.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I may be wrong on this, but Japan doesn't believe in partaking in infinites, chaingrabs, etc. Japanese smashers are more offense orianted as opposed to the deffensive players of the U.S., Europe (?), and so on. They pretty much orient their gameplay on raw speed and player skill instead of chains.
I wonder how many insults Japan players will spew out when they play US players...
They probably HATE us already :laugh:

indie_dave

Smash Ace
I loled at the thread creator necroing his own thread.
not all the lists i dug up were legit lol

legit = made by IKKI

legit = [thread=165954]Ankoku's Chara Rank topic[/thread]

maybe legit = this topic had some good discussion that hopefully made some trolley nubs stfu, and potentially halo-effected current and relevant topics.

the list by RAIN was interesting too

even though i stopped playing brawl long time ago, it's still interesting to keep up with...i might look into researching an update (a 'real' one lol)

Top Bottom