• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A King's Quest For Respect: The Bowser Matchup Thread

Flayl

Smash Hero
R.O.B. has an average spot dodge, he just has a great option out of it. Probably the same for D3 but I'm not sure of his frame data.

B!squick

Smash Master
Someone did some frame data on everyone's Spot, Roll, and Air Dodges, but his Roll data for Bowser didn't match 3GOD's and more than one person claimed different results. As well, someone suggested that because R.O.B. leans so far back for the animation of his Spot Dodge that he ends up being unhittable for a longer period of time. Or something. :urg:

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Snake's spot dodge is nice too. But what's Ike gonna spot dodge? Your jabs are just as good of options as your tilts and those aren't easy to spot dodge.

_clinton

Smash Master
Someone did some frame data on everyone's Spot, Roll, and Air Dodges, but his Roll data for Bowser didn't match 3GOD's and more than one person claimed different results. As well, someone suggested that because R.O.B. leans so far back for the animation of his Spot Dodge that he ends up being unhittable for a longer period of time. Or something. :urg:
Could I get a link to that?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Haha D3's dodge is worse than average. But it's like I said, he has Utilt and an awesome grab, that's what makes his dodge so fearsome, not the dodge itself.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
D3's dodge is worse than average but due to brawl having a 3rd dimension, a lot of his hurt box doesn't return til much later after he is no longer invincible. Thus people believe he has a good side step.

B!squick

Smash Master
D3's dodge is worse than average but due to brawl having a 3rd dimension, a lot of his hurt box doesn't return til much later after he is no longer invincible. Thus people believe he has a good side step.
Yeah, many comments similar to this popped up in the thread and again some of his data didn't match up with 3GOD's. And 3GOD has steadfastilly remained silent on this as well as other things as I've tried to contact him more than once in the past. :dizzy:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Anything else to say? I'm probably gonna put it down as 45-55 otherwise. I actually think it's 50-50, but that chaingrab is eh.

The Ike players say it works, so I'll take their word for it. *shrugs*

Its Wispy

Smash Cadet
Random Question: I was wondering when was the last time the match up chart was updated.

Why is the falco match up 45/55 instead of 0/100? I've played my friend's Falco enough times to know there is NO WAY out of the spike at the end of his chaingrab. AFAIK Bowser cannot recover from this, so smart Falco players will just go for the 0 to death combo rather than give Bowser a chance to live by playing around with lasers. It's just as a bad as the D3 match up.

B!squick

Smash Master
The chart was last updated when we did... Wario? Also, Falco isn't that bad. I haven't played many, but I know for a fact it's not nearly as bad as D3.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why is the falco match up 45/55 instead of 0/100? [...] It's just as a bad as the D3 match up.
Considering that the D3 matchup with infinite is rated 10:90 (or was it only even 20:80?), I guess that means Falco must be even worse according to you, especially because 0:100 means that Bowser has absolutely no chance to do anything at ALL. No damage, no slightest possibility to win at all. Falco just touches him and he's dead.

Its Wispy

Smash Cadet
Hmm I swear I've tried mashing EVERYTHING including jump, but I guess now I have to post a video of me trying to get out of it. If you guys have a video of you surviving it I would definitely need to see it!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
LOL @ Falco being 0/100. Dude it seriously isn't that bad. If you wait until you get to the end of the cg and air-dodge, you should be fine. If they actually spike you, just DI back to the stage and you should be fine too.

Maybe this is just my Falco being particularly slow on the cg...but whenever I play against a Bowser computer it seems like the Bowser always FAirs once Bowser gets past like 20+% or so. You think it would be possible to do that, or are computers just inhumanly fast <_<

And wispy there are videos of people surviving Falco's cg via DI.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Why is the falco match up 45/55 instead of 0/100? I've played my friend's Falco enough times to know there is NO WAY out of the spike at the end of his chaingrab. AFAIK Bowser cannot recover from this, so smart Falco players will just go for the 0 to death combo rather than give Bowser a chance to live by playing around with lasers. It's just as a bad as the D3 match up.
Or just don't get grabbed.

Honestly, falco isn't that difficult. If you're out of chaingrabbing percents, then Falco can't kill you. lol

Camp platforms and take those lasers lke a champ.

Its Wispy

Smash Cadet
LOL @ Falco being 0/100. Dude it seriously isn't that bad. If you wait until you get to the end of the cg and air-dodge, you should be fine. If they actually spike you, just DI back to the stage and you should be fine too.

Maybe this is just my Falco being particularly slow on the cg...but whenever I play against a Bowser computer it seems like the Bowser always FAirs once Bowser gets past like 20+% or so. You think it would be possible to do that, or are computers just inhumanly fast <_<

And wispy there are videos of people surviving Falco's cg via DI.
I've tried spamming air dodge and FAir, but it has never worked not even once. I want to see a video of Bowser surviving the chaingrab because when the CG is done right Bowser is stun-locked in every frame until the spike.

And why would Falco use lasers on let's say FD? I agree with Eh that you can force him to fight on platforms on BF and Smashville, but Bowser has no chance on FD.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
MrEh does the FAir thing work or are cpu's just fast/am I too slow T_T

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Um.. To survive CG spike just jump at the end and up b... IT isn't that hard.
Yeah, fortress will most likely work.

I've used fortress multiple times and I'm pretty sure the falco boards also said that every char can get around it (though I may be wrong).

-:bowser:Bowser King

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The snake boards are currently discussing Bowser. We would greatly appreciate it if we could have all the bowsers -who know what they're talking about, LOL- add to the discussion. Because let's face it, you know more about your character than we do, and we want these matchup discussions to be as accurate as possible.

Here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231935

Thanks in advance!

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Just butting in for a second to say this thread's match-up pictures and character nicknames are hilarious.
Thank you for making my day a little better.

B!squick

Smash Master
It's pretty even, that's for sure. 55 either way or 50/50. I'd have to say 55/45 though for Bowser, only because Bowser would have an easier time guarding the edge. Fire Breath just may be the deciding factor.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'll just put down 50-50 and be done with it. No sense having the Ike players angry with us, when I don't care about the ratios one way or the other. lol

Top Bottom