• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Great Evil Walks the Earth, the Ganondorf in Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion

What's your opinion on Ganondorf's moveset?

• Love it, it's inseparable from Dorf to me

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • Like it, but wouldn't mind a revamp

Votes: 56 30.3%
  • Neutral, don't care either way

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Don't like it, but I can live with it

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Hate it, and a revamp is long overdue

Votes: 45 24.3%
  • I like it, but I would still prefer a revamp.

Votes: 41 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
BotW does a lot of things right that SS got wrong. The story's pretty bad though. BotW is great if you like open world exploration. If you want more structured LoZ staples like getting new items in dungeons and story progression it falls a bit short.
This.
It's honestly my biggest letdown. (Other than the endless amount of samey shrines)

The trailers had this amazing beautiful trailer with emotion and passion and mystery...
but it turned out to be all backstory in the final game and really the only real plot progression we have is "beat Ganon."

D

Deleted member

This.
It's honestly my biggest letdown. (Other than the endless amount of samey shrines)

The trailers had this amazing beautiful trailer with emotion and passion and mystery...
but it turned out to be all backstory in the final game and really the only real plot progression we have is "beat Ganon."
Yeah but...it does so many other things right that I give it a pass. (and since it's kind of like the original LoZ modernized, it makes some sense.) I'm sure the next Zelda game will be built on the same engine and they'll have more time to give us a better story. Plus they'll probably bring back the hookshot and then Link in Smash Bros. will look silly for dropping it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think another problem that Breath of the Wild suffered from was not just the lack of any post-story (something that all the other Zelda titles are also guilty of lacking), but Dark Beast Ganon was so ridiculously easy to beat, that the final battle felt very underwhelming in a game where you had to be well-equipped to combat certain monsters.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think another problem that Breath of the Wild suffered from was not just the lack of any post-story (something that all the other Zelda titles are also guilty of lacking), but Dark Beast Ganon was so ridiculously easy to beat, that the final battle felt very underwhelming.
I just consider that part a "post-final boss", something intentionally easy to wrap things up after a difficult battle with the "actual" final boss (Calamity Ganon in this case). Happens a lot in RPG-type games, like Partners in Time. It's especially true in Hero mode and/or doing him before tackling the Divine Beasts.

D

Deleted member

I just consider that part a "post-final boss", something intentionally easy to wrap things up after a difficult battle with the "actual" final boss (Calamity Ganon in this case). Happens a lot in RPG-type games, like Partners in Time. It's especially true in Hero mode and/or doing him before tackling the Divine Beasts.
Agreed. In fact I would add that Hyrule Castle is more of a 'final boss' than anything else, as it tests all of your skills and abilities (and I guess Calamity Ganon is part of that).
Anyway the game was already delayed a bunch so wishing that it had done more at this point is silly because you're then wishing it had been delayed even more....is that what ya'll wanted? It did what it set out to do, which was rebrand the Legend of Zelda, rethink its conventions while going back to its roots in the original game, and provide hours and hours of entertaining exploration, progression, and puzzle-solving in a massive world where you can go anywhere. It deserves its praise. And, it's certainly possible to improve on its foundation for future games, so whatever you felt was missing from BotW will probably show up in later games.

Rizen

Smash Legend
DB Ganon was a glorified cutscene.
I'd give BotW a 9/10. It's kind of like Frozen in the sense that it was good but not the masterpiece a lot of people say. If I'm giving something a 10/10 it needs a better story, better characters and voice acting. Like Horizon Zero Dawn for example. These traits and large open world gaming are not mutually exclusive.

PS if you're having trouble with grunts in BotW, stun lock them by not doing the final swing of a weapon combo then start over and repeat. 2 handed weapon charge attacks are really good too.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Ultimate's gonna be at Canada Cup next month! Anything you guys want me to test? I can't guarantee anything, but I'll do my best to see if I can test everything. Here's what I'm going to check:

• Ganoncide and whether the opponent can escape it
  • If ganoncide still gives you the win in last stock
  • Follow-up moves after flame choke (especially when the opponent techs)
  • Short hop d-airs
  • Air Wizard foot shield damage (this was amazing in Smash 4)
  • B-air's hitbox; can it hit short characters on the ground?

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Ultimate's gonna be at Canada Cup next month! Anything you guys want me to test? I can't guarantee anything, but I'll do my best to see if I can test everything. Here's what I'm going to check:

• Ganoncide and whether the opponent can escape it
  • If ganoncide still gives you the win in last stock
  • Follow-up moves after flame choke (especially when the opponent techs)
  • Short hop d-airs
  • Air Wizard foot shield damage (this was amazing in Smash 4)
I already felt the need to ask some of these, but I didn't want to pressure you just like that, but since you graciously permit it, here are some things that have I have wondered ever since the first new mechanics and gameplay changes have been shown:

1) How fast can one act after initiating dash (some people have said that you need to enter the run animation before you can dash attack) and can you try how well the run-cancel attack mechanic (as well as the pivot version) works for Ganon? Also can his dash attack still cross up shields?

2) Could you test how his airials fare compared to before, particulary which patch version of nair, that is to say how well do the hits link into another, where are the sweet/sour spots and such? When does Fair auto-cancel, how far does it reach? and most importantly, where does the hitbox of Uair start and end? Can it still hit people on the ground if you fast fall it and such.

3) How good does his new grab including pivot and dash grab work? Does Dark dive make for a good kill option now? Assuming you're using Flame choke offstage, let's see if Sakurai has come around by now and granted us the same privilege of being able to act like the rest of the cast after side-b.

4)How long do the smash-attacks actually charge now and does said increase inflict more damage on shields?

5) Could you try testing the amount of time Armor frames last for Warlock punch? Like maybe if you get to play with someone ask them, if they can try multi-jabbing til right before the backhand hits? Even though I find it unlikely by now , for the hell of it, confirming if Airial wizkick maybe can restore his Double jump.

I'm not sure how much time and in what sort of mode you'll get to play, so it would be ridiculous of me to expect you to oblige with all of these demands/propositions, but if you could keep some of these in mind, that would be great regardless.

Anyway, do you think you'll be able to record or film your gameplay or should we just take your word for it ? Either way, I'll be looking forward to your hands-on experience and findings! :)

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I already felt the need to ask some of these, but I didn't want to pressure you just like that, but since you graciously permit it, here are some things that have I have wondered ever since the first new mechanics and gameplay changes have been shown:

1) How fast can one act after initiating dash (some people have said that you need to enter the run animation before you can dash attack) and can you try how well the run-cancel attack mechanic (as well as the pivot version) works for Ganon? Also can his dash attack still cross up shields?

2) Could you test how his airials fare compared to before, particulary which patch version of nair, that is to say how well do the hits link into another, where are the sweet/sour spots and such? When does Fair auto-cancel, how far does it reach? and most importantly, where does the hitbox of Uair start and end? Can it still hit people on the ground if you fast fall it and such.

3) How good does his new grab including pivot and dash grab work? Does Dark dive make for a good kill option now? Assuming you're using Flame choke offstage, let's see if Sakurai has come around by now and granted us the same privilege of being able to act like the rest of the cast after side-b.

4)How long do the smash-attacks actually charge now and does said increase inflict more damage on shields?

5) Could you try testing the amount of time Armor frames last for Warlock punch? Like maybe if you get to play with someone ask them, if they can try multi-jabbing til right before the backhand hits? Even though I find it unlikely by now , for the hell of it, confirming if Airial wizkick maybe can restore his Double jump.

I'm not sure how much time and in what sort of mode you'll get to play, so it would be ridiculous of me to expect you to oblige with all of these demands/propositions, but if you could keep some of these in mind, that would be great regardless.

Anyway, do you think you'll be able to record or film your gameplay or should we just take your word for it ? Either way, I'll be looking forward to your hands-on experience and findings! :)
I definitely intend to record the gameplay, if I'm allowed to. We need some video evidence of certain claims that we've only had someone's word to go on. There seems to be a lack of Ganon content, so I hope I can contribute a little bit to seeing what's new and different with him. The challenge will be finding someone willing to test things out, and also getting enough time to test everything since play time will be limited.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I definitely intend to record the gameplay, if I'm allowed to. We need some video evidence of certain claims that we've only had someone's word to go on. There seems to be a lack of Ganon content, so I hope I can contribute a little bit to seeing what's new and different with him. The challenge will be finding someone willing to test things out, and also getting enough time to test everything since play time will be limited.
Because of the new landing lag and short hop aerial changes, I want to know if Brawl's Thunderstorming technique might return for Ganondorf. Can he repeatedly short hop and dAir without suffering landing lag? He might be a lot scarier if he could do this again.

Video reference:

Should be a pretty easy thing to test. Thank you for going out of your way to find out.

Actually, a Best Buy near me is going to have the demo available this weekend. So if I have the chance, I might get to try a few things myself; though it's heavily dependent on how much I'm allowed to play. Then again, Ganondorf isn't my only priority and probably won't be the first character I play.

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Because of the new landing lag and short hop aerial changes, I want to know if Brawl's Thunderstorming technique might return for Ganondorf. Can he repeatedly short hop and dAir without suffering landing lag? He might be a lot scarier if he could do this again.

Video reference:

Should be a pretty easy thing to test. Thank you for going out of your way to find out.

Actually, a Best Buy near me is going to have the demo available this weekend. So if I have the chance, I might get to try a few things myself; though it's heavily dependent on how much I'm allowed to play. Then again, Ganondorf isn't my only priority and probably won't be the first character I play.
That reminds me, do any of you already have a good idea, which char(s) you plan on making your secondary main?

For me that choice definitely falls on Wolf and considering all the beneficial changes so far and removal of Chain-grabs and largely mitigating his recovery, which were about the only major weaknesses he had to deal with, he looks like a really solid and complimentary secondary to Ganon imho.
Aside from:ultwolf: , I'll most likely give :ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja: and :ultrichter: a spin.

Last edited:

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295

Video reference:

That's exactly what I want to test with short hop d-airs. If he can do it without landing lag, Ganon will be a monster.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
That reminds me, do any of you already have a good idea, which char(s) you plan on making your secondary main?

For me that choice definitely falls on Wolf and considering all the beneficial changes so far and removal of Chain-grabs and largely mitigating his recovery, which were about the only major weaknesses he had to deal with, he looks like a really solid and complimentary secondary to Ganon imho.
Aside from:ultwolf: , I'll most likely give :ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja: and :ultrichter: a spin.
So far, I have :ultike:, :ultganondorf:, and :ultcloud: competing for top 3. :ultzelda: potentially ompeting for top 4, and a large portion of the cast in this game is calling out to to me to play them such as: :ultwario:, :ultsnake:, :ultyounglink:, :ultlink:, :ultwolf: and a few others that I want to try out. I have never wanted to play so many characters in a single game before.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
That's exactly what I want to test with short hop d-airs. If he can do it without landing lag, Ganon will be a monster.
Okay, I just got back from playing the demo. They give you 2 matches to play if you're doing free-for-all, and each match is about 3 minutes per.

So I got to play both Ike and Ganondorf. Geez, this game is CRISP. The models look so good! Have to say though, with the limitations and craziness of it all, testing was almost impossible to do.

Anyway, about Ganondorf: Thunderstorming is NOT a thing, I repeat NOT a thing. The landing lag still kicks in after a short hop dair. Looks like the full hop dairs from Sm4sh will be what we have to do to replicate the effect.

Aerial Wizard's Foot DOES NOT refresh jump (which hasn't been possible since Melee anyway. I really doubted that glitch would still be present 17 years later), but if you still have your jump you can perform it out of AWF sooner than you would expect.

Ganon feels REALLY good. With every hit, it felt like he was dropping a building on someone. His forward smash in particular is one of his most satisfying attacks. The range from the sword is SO GOOD. Also, his grounded Wizard's Foot doesn't suck anymore; it feels like you're running over people with a freight train. I already knew it, but this cemented my desire to sink many hours into Ganondorf. He's a blast to play!

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I just got back from playing the demo. They give you 2 matches to play if you're doing free-for-all, and each match is about 3 minutes per.

So I got to play both Ike and Ganondorf. Geez, this game is CRISP. The models look so good! Have to say though, with the limitations and craziness of it all, testing was almost impossible to do.

Anyway, about Ganondorf: Thunderstorming is NOT a thing, I repeat NOT a thing. The landing lag still kicks in after a short hop dair. Looks like the full hop dairs from Sm4sh will be what we have to do to replicate the effect.

Aerial Wizard's Foot DOES NOT refresh jump (which hasn't been possible since Melee anyway. I really doubted that glitch would still be present 17 years later), but if you still have your jump you can perform it out of AWF sooner than you would expect.

Ganon feels REALLY good. With every hit, it felt like he was dropping a building on someone. His forward smash in particular is one of his most satisfying attacks. The range from the sword is SO GOOD. Also, his grounded Wizard's Foot doesn't suck anymore; it feels like you're running over people with a freight train. I already knew it, but this cemented my desire to sink many hours into Ganondorf. He's a blast to play!
Well Well Well, interesting, nothing surprising, but nevertheless great to hear. Besides, expecting all these wishful changes that seem to go against Sakurai's design mentality as of now and seriuously debating every kind of buff to top/round Ganon's kit out at once, would be pretty superfluos anyway. ( Except for the sake of hypothetical discussions and ofc passing the agonizing wait/time, just for fun ) We'll have to wait and see what the meta shapes up to be and ofc test/try out how well all the other wonderful changes so far, improve Ganon's capabilities, before we start asking/demanding anything else, without experiementing what sort of techs and utility his current kit provides. With all that being said however, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that, we get any sort of buff to his recovery as that has unfortunately always been an issue, ever since Ganon got included in Smash. I also get the feeling that with Ultimate being more focussed on agressive play, with weakened shield and dodge options, as well as stronger more effective edge guarding game, that a subpar recovery is gonna sting more than ever :/

Speaking of, even if you didn't test anything else in particular, I hope that you can still answer me these questions;

1)Does his Run and Dash speed feel improved or more beneficial in any sort of way than before?

2) How about his Jump hight and general airial mobility? It's hard to tell from footage, it's seems better, but considering that just about every character and the game as whole were tuned in that way, unless Ganon actually has an easier time dealing/hitting his opponents, it won't mean much....(glances at PM)

3) How does Hitstun and Knockback feel and behave in Ultimate? Do you think it will be more to our advantage or not?

4) Speaking of Fair, can you still use fastfall after inputting/buffering airials like in Sm4sh? That's prob, besides ledge trumping, one of the only mechanics I hope they kept mostly the same. Another thing, is it really that much harder to grab/snap to the ledge compared with Sm4sh?

Thanks for the feedback btw, much appreciated. I hope I'll get an opportunity to try out some kind of demo somewhere in my near vicinity as well, with any luck. ;p

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Well Well Well, interesting, nothing unexpected, but nevertheless great to hear. Besides, expecting all these wishful changes that seem to go against Sakurai's design mentality as of now and debating every kind of buff to top/round Ganon's kit out at once, would be pretty childish anyway. We'll have to wait and see what the meta shapes up to be and ofc test/try out how well all the other wonderful changes so far, improve Ganon's capabilities, before we start asking/demanding anything else, without experiementing what sort of techs and utility his current kit provides. With all that being said however, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that, we get any sort of buff to his recovery as that has unfortunately always been an issue, ever since Ganon got included in Smash. I also get the feeling that with Ultimate being more focussed on agressive play, with weakened shield and dodge options, as well as stronger more effective edge guarding game, that a subpar recovery is gonna sting more than ever :/
Due to the general nerf regarding airdodges (as in, each character only gets one until hit and directionals have tons of end lag) recoveries in general are going to be a lot more vulnerable. This hurts and helps Ganondorf more than most other characters. He will be destroyed by others rather easily. But he will also destroy others just as easily. His ledgeguard potential has always been dangerous; Ultimate merely kicked it up a notch in both directions.

Speaking of, even if you didn't test anything else in particular, I hope that can still answer me these questions;

1)Does his Run and Dash speed feel improved or more beneficial in any sort of way than before?
I will answer to the best of my remembrance. Regarding his run and dash, he's still slow. I can't say if he's exactly faster than his Sm4sh self, but I was competing against faster characters. I will say that, for reasons I can't describe accurately, he still feels faster. The overall pace of the game has influenced him pretty strongly. The instant turn-arounds help a lot here but I feel that maybe it has more to do with his burst movement options: Dash Attack, Dark Dive, and Wizard's Foot. To me, these felt significantly faster and applied more pressure than they had in prior installments. Flame Choke is just as fast as it always was (though I wish the aerial version traveled just a tad further).

2) How about his Jump hight and general airial mobility? It's hard to tell from footage, it's seems better, but considering that just about every character and the game as whole were tuned in that a way, unless Ganon actually has an easier time dealing/hitting his opponents it won't mean much....(glances at PM)
Now that you mention it, his jumping seemed improved. I distinctly recall having zero issues taking to the skies to attack opponents with aerials. I'm thinking he got a big buff to his initial jump height. Can't recall the double jump height, however.

At one point, I had a missed input—I was trying to upsmash but used Dark Dive instead because of controls—and Dark Dive came out faster than I could react to having done it. I literally noticed I did the Dark Dive on accident after I had already grabbed someone above me as a sort of pseudo anti-air. Whether or not the grounded version has any differences from the aerial version remains to be seen.

Ganondorf was not hampered in the air from what I can recall. I estimate below average air speed, but still fast enough to get the job done... which is, you know, hitting somebody. His aerial range really shows in this game. As far as recovery goes, if unhindered by an opposing player, he can come back to the stage just fine from what I experienced.

You know how everyone says magnet hands are gone? I'm pretty certain Ganondorf still has magnet hands. I've seen other characters use it too. It's just been toned down with a number of the recoveries, not removed entirely.

3) How does Hitstun and Knockback feel and behave in this Ultimate? Do you think it will be more to our advantage or no?

Thanks for the feedback btw, much appreciated. I hope I'll get an opportunity to try out some kind of demo somewhere in my near vicinity as well, with any luck. ;p
I think the "balloon knockback" that people fear will ruin overall combo ability has been... exaggerated. What needs to combo will, and what doesn't won't. I felt for certain that it was just as hard to escape from combos as it was in Sm4sh, if not more so. Certain moves had this "stickiness" to them that made escaping a potential follow-up more tedious (though in my case, the follow-up was both interrupted and then substituted by the other players in the free for all). The directional air dodge is probably the X-Factor in this new system. It makes and breaks combos. (Going to be honest, watching the other players perform a directional airdodge STRAIGHT into my forward smash brought me more satisfaction than it probably should have).

In this regard, Ganondorf remains practically unchanged. The moves that need to connect did, and the moves that don't didn't. Ganondorf doesn't have many combos to begin with, but he doesn't really need them all that much. How Ganondorf plays in the future may have more to do with positioning rather than combos. He definitely covered enemy landing options a lot better than he used to on the count of several factors; new forward smash covers more space above and in front of Ganon and is disjointed, up smash is a weaker forward smash but covers both sides, Dash attack and Wizard's Foot can cover the distance if the opponent tries to land away from Ganondorf, short hop nair/fair/uair/bair can be used to provoke landing options favorable to Ganondorf (if the opponent does nothing against the aerials, they just get hit and suffer whatever cruel fate awaits them), and the up tilt (though still a somewhat crappy move) has a decreased startup time which made getting punishes easier to do.

Overall, Ganondorf is still a punish-heavy character, as he's always been. Getting said punishes is probably where I think he's improved the most. It felt much easier to really let a player have it for choosing a slightly poorer option. (Or is it perhaps the Ganon player forcing the other player to pick the option Ganon wants?)

I believe his punishes may have less to do with nailing a player for their mistakes, and more to do with limiting an opponent's available options and then punishing the option chosen.

TL;DR, I think Ganondorf is a powerful punish-heavy character with much better option-coverage than he's ever had. His overall gameplan remains the same outside of these factors, and such a gameplan still harbors its own ups and downs as it always has.

Last edited:

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I added one more thing to check: b-air's hitbox and whether it can hit short standing characters on the ground. In Smash 4, b-air whiffs vs. some characters.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like Ganondorf in Smash Ultimate and I will probably still continue to main him, but I would like his Twilight Princess attire as a alt skin because I want Ganon back with the beard!
Ganon 44.png

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyone notice how Demon King Ganon actually runs across the screen instead of gliding like Beast?

TeamFlareZakk

Anyone notice how Demon King Ganon actually runs across the screen instead of gliding like Beast?
Kind of would rather play as him and slash everybody.. They should of kept Giga Bowser like that too instead of turning him into The Big Show.

Darches

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2105-9602-3489
The new Giga Bowser is bigger AND stronger, what's not to like? I'll miss landmaster spam though.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I like Ganondorf in Smash Ultimate and I will probably still continue to main him, but I would like his Twilight Princess attire as a alt skin because I want Ganon back with the beard!
View attachment 166297
The only issue I see with that are his TP proportions are pretty stocky compared to OoT and he has a completely different face structure so it might look weird.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The new Giga Bowser is bigger AND stronger, what's not to like? I'll miss landmaster spam though.
The fact that he's not fully playable anymore is a sad trade-off. But considering that a Final Smash meter can now exist, that is probably among the biggest reasons why certain Final Smashes are being changed drastically.

TeamFlareZakk

The only issue I see with that are his TP proportions are pretty stocky compared to OoT and he has a completely different face structure so it might look weird.
Thats why I always preferred that look to the OoT one.. That not Ganondorf, thats Roger Klotz lol... Also Ike kept his Smash 4 attire in which hes more muscula, so Ganon should keep his TP attire as well because he needs that beard!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Given more and more characters getting alternate costumes, it would have been nice having 4 OoT Ganondorf skins and 4 TP Ganondorf skins. TP Ganondorf could simply use the Sword of the Sages in place of the Space World Sword, and his Beast Ganon Final Smash would look different, but function exactly the same. Ooooh well. Maybe next decade.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Given more and more characters getting alternate costumes, it would have been nice having 4 OoT Ganondorf skins and 4 TP Ganondorf skins. TP Ganondorf could simply use the Sword of the Sages in place of the Space World Sword, and his Beast Ganon Final Smash would look different, but function exactly the same. Ooooh well. Maybe next decade.
It wouldn't work out the way that you'd envision though. Beast Ganon stands on all fours, while Demon King Ganon is bipedal, so that would easily result in some inconsistent hitbox placements.

Also, the Sword of the Six Sages is a single-handed sword (why it's classified as a two-handed weapon in Breath of the Wild is beyond me), and likely wouldn't pack as much power as the two-handed sword.

Last edited:

Darches

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2105-9602-3489
Has it been confirmed that he won't have a TP skin? I'm expecting it, especially since it was made 4 years ago.
Also, the Sword of the Six Sages is a holy 2-handed sword. Ganondorf is just strong powerful enough to wield it with 1 hand like Ike.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It wouldn't work out the way that you'd envision though. Beast Ganon stands on all fours, while Demon King Ganon is bipedal, so that would easily result in some inconsistent hitbox placements.

Also, the Sword of the Six Sages is a single-handed sword (why it's classified as a two-handed weapon in Breath of the Wild is beyond me), and likely wouldn't pack as much power as the two-handed sword.
Lol, it absolutely could work out the way I'm envisioning. You just gotta have a little imagination ;)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Yeah Ganon's final smash is just a large sideways moving hitbox, no matter the cosmetics.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
^Yeah Ganon's final smash is just a large sideways moving hitbox, no matter the cosmetics.
Not quite. In Smash 3DS / Wii U, when Beast Ganon charges forward, there are three hitboxes that are attached to his bones; one of the hitboxes deals less damage than the others. The bone placement differences between Beast Ganon and Demon King Ganon would end up being inconsistent if they were to exist at the same time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Not quite. In Smash 3DS / Wii U, when Beast Ganon charges forward, there are three hitboxes that are attached to his bones; one of the hitboxes deals less damage than the others. The bone placement differences between Beast Ganon and Demon King Ganon would end up being inconsistent if they were to exist at the same time.
You're complaining about inconsistent hitboxes in smash? Smash is full of ridiculous hitboxes.

D

Deleted member

The point is, there's no reason they couldn't MAKE it one big hitbox and then it wouldn't matter what form of Ganon it is. When you're developing a game, you can do what you want.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Remember when most dairs sucked in 4?
It doesn't help that the majority of meteor smashes either have sourspot hitboxes that can't meteor smash, or the meteor smash hitboxes can only affect aerial targets. And of course, some meteor smash attacks have early hit periods that can't meteor smash, such as Mario's f-air.

Top Bottom