• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Breakdown of Corrin's Moveset

Ever since Corrin was announced in the last Smash Broadcast, his inclusion has been met with some controversy. Despite this controversy, one fact remains -- Corrin looks like a very unique addition to the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/ 3DS roster. Masahiro Sakurai, the director of Smash, has even stated this was the reason the dragon, chainsaw swordsman was chosen in his bi-weekly Famitsu Column.

@Delzethin has decided to break down Corrin's unique moveset to show the full potential of the Omega-Yato and what the blood of a dragon allows Corrin to do.

Excited? Let us know in the comments!

PushDustIn wishes he had the blood of a dragon in him. Well...sometimes. You can follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

I meant like most gamers know about Wolf and he's not that deep of a character either anyway so there's not much to learn about him lol. Plus the amount of people that don't know Wolf is less than the amount of people that don't know Corrin
Corrin ain't deep either lmao.

Corrin's only in the game to advertise his upcoming game, and there's no reason they could of put Wolf in over him.

Again, don't really care either way. But saying they should advertise FE just because they switch out protagonists every game is silly... They're advertising the series, not the character.

Look at Roy it is the same case. But Corrin is unique with his/her Dragon Fang. Fire Emblem also deserves so many reps after the FE:A success
and that's not even factoring in that the series had it's 25th b-day last year to boot.

if people didn't think there was some invisible limitations of franchises not named Mario or Pokemon there would have been no issue.

Fire Emblem deserves this many reps because it is best game. Really, there needs to be more FE reps. You guys cannot deny it. Or, rather, you can deny it, and just be wrong.

Also, this was an awesome video!

I'm still not very happy with his inclusion or how dull his moveset looks. (Like really, main gimmick is that his side B is a funky tether grab.) And since he's looking like a character built like Zelda and Palutena, don't think he's going to be remotely viable either.
Curious where you get Zelda and Palutena similarities. I don't see either of them at all.

I'm sure outside of smash the "half dragon" character has been done to death (I didn't even realize it was a legit d&d race until I made my first character) but it's my first time being exposed to the concept and I'm definitely excited.

Oh you mean like Random Crits in TF2?

In all honesty....I still really dislike Corrin being in Smash. I'll still get him/her, but....eh....
I'm a huge FE fan, but Corrin was someone I didn't want. I already thought 5 FE characters was plenty. But if another FE character made it in, I wanted Hector, Micaiah, or Ephraim. Not Corrin.
I'm not super upset about Corrin being in, I just wanted another character for a franchise with less rep or no rep at all. I thought there was better options. But its for FE14. Advertisement.

Curious where you get Zelda and Palutena similarities. I don't see either of them at all.

I'm sure outside of smash the "half dragon" character has been done to death (I didn't even realize it was a legit d&d race until I made my first character) but it's my first time being exposed to the concept and I'm definitely excited.
Dragon's Breath is an incredibly slow but powerful projectile that cannot be stored. So Phantom Slash, basically.

Dragon's Lance is by all means a form of a tether grab. They all suck ***. From the looks of things it's really laggy, has unimpressive startup, and might not even truly beat shields. It's another move you're never going to land in a real match.

Then Fsmash. Has a charging hitbox, lots of range, and is at least powerful at the tip. The problem? This is a really strong tool, in a free for all anyway.

All I see are powerful FFA tools, and ones that only work at a distance. You know who else has FFA tools that only work at a distance? Zelda and Palutena. To "balance" things like Phantom Slash they usually give the character next to no close combat ability, and to make matters worse swordsmen generally haven't been great up close in this game. If you do give him a stronger CQC game then you need to take away weight like what happened to Mewtwo.

Speaking of weight, fun fact: Palutena's heavier then Marth. Wouldn't shock me if Corrin's around there.

About the dragon thing... Makes absolutely no difference. It's a few words on a trophy. Woopdie dingle doo.

I'm a huge FE fan, but Corrin was someone I didn't want. I already thought 5 FE characters was plenty. But if another FE character made it in, I wanted Hector, Micaiah, or Ephraim. Not Corrin.
I'm not super upset about Corrin being in, I just wanted another character for a franchise with less rep or no rep at all. I thought there was better options. But its for FE14. Advertisement.
Would've rather had a rep for practically any other franchise. But no, we get barefoot-dragon-blood-advertisement dude. At least Bayonetta netted another franchise, but I'm not too fond of her either. Why not Inklings? Isaac? Snake? Rayman? So many better choices than... Corrin.

Not really. Starfox has been gone for years, and the only reason most people would know about him is Brawl.
From what i know so far Wolf is only a dog fighting opponent in Zero, Corrin is the main character of a game in a franchise that recently got a comparative popularity boost that will likely receive stark character development of some form (good or bad), ontop of being your imprintable character.

I don't care whether it justifies it or not, in fact there is almost a 100% chance that Corrin's inclusion is still unfair, but Wolf is not an equal in-terms of being an advertisement.

Last edited:
From what i know so far Wolf is only a dog fighting opponent in Zero, Corrin is the main character of a game in a franchise that recently got a comparative popularity boost that will likely receive stark character development of some form (good or bad), ontop of being your imprintable character.

I don't care whether it justifies it or not, in fact there is almost a 100% chance that Corrin's inclusion is still unfair, but Wolf is not an equal in-terms of being an advertisement.
We know nothing about Wolf in SFZ yet, and FE:F has been out quite some time... I spoiled the entire thing on release because I promised a friend I'd research it and tell her about it without spoilers. Corrin doesn't really develop at all.

We already had five FE characters. Past a certain point it's redundant to add more characters for advertising, even.

I still don't like Corrin/Kamui's Addition, but at least he/she looks cool... But I don't plan buy him/her.

Deal with it :p

We know nothing about Wolf in SFZ yet, and FE:F has been out quite some time... I spoiled the entire thing on release because I promised a friend I'd research it and tell her about it without spoilers. Corrin doesn't really develop at all.
I'll look into that when the game comes out in english. I have hard time beveling there's no development at all, even if its limited to support conversations. And yes, so far they are confirmed to be back as dogfighters. Otherwise we don't know, but that doesn't change the rival vs main character comparison I made.

We already had five FE characters. Past a certain point it's redundant to add more characters for advertising, even.
That's a complete cop out answer. :/ No its not redundant for the game in specificity. Fates is a new game coming out almost exactly when the character comes out. (Starfox Zero has an extra 2 months of waiting.) ontop of just recently getting a boost in popularity. In comparison to Wolf, from the star fox's series who's highest selling game was starfox 64.

I'll look into that when the game comes out in english. I have hard time beveling there's no development at all, even if its limited to support conversations. And yes, so far they are confirmed to be back as dogfighters. Otherwise we don't know, but that doesn't change the rival vs main character comparison I made.

That's a complete cop out answer. :/ No its not redundant for the game in specificity. Fates is a new game coming out almost exactly when the character comes out. (Starfox Zero has an extra 2 months of waiting.) ontop of just recently getting a boost in popularity. In comparison to Wolf, from the star fox's series who's highest selling game was starfox 64.
If you were expecting any real improvement over even Awakening's story you'll be disappointed. Or most anything for that matter... But that's not really here nor there.

Advertising a revival is a good deal more important then something decently well established. Again, there's already a buttload of FE characters in the game, all of which are in Fates besides maybe Roy.

Advertising a revival is a good deal more important then something decently well established. Again, there's already a buttload of FE characters in the game, all of which are in Fates besides maybe Roy.
I completely disagree, as "well established" is much safer, and its only been one game since the recent boost, that's called trying to milk something. I certainly don't think trying advertise a revival is a bad thing, but in-terms of effectiveness I'd argue Corrin was a much better choice in that regard and that regard alone.

None of those characters are representative of Fates itself. I'm not sure of their importance in the story but if its anything like awakening's way of returning them...

lol

I completely disagree, as "well established" is much safer, and its only been one game since the recent boost, that's called trying to milk something. I certainly don't think trying advertise a revival is a bad thing, but in-terms of effectiveness I'd argue Corrin was a much better choice in that regard and that regard alone.

None of those characters are representative of Fates itself. I'm not sure of their importance in the story but if its anything like awakening's way of returning them...

lol
Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem. Google any of the characters and you're likely to come up upon Fates, especially since they're going to advertise the amiibo feature there. (Probably should of specified that's how the other characters are in Fates.) Anybody who'd buy FE in the first place is smart enough to look around a little... Just doesn't make a difference.

Remember that SFZ wasn't really a thing until long after the launch of Smash. It literally has no momentum right now.

Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem. Google any of the characters and you're likely to come up upon Fates, especially since they're going to advertise the amiibo feature there. (Probably should of specified that's how the other characters are in Fates.) Anybody who'd buy FE in the first place is smart enough to look around a little... Just doesn't make a difference.
You're missing the point of the character himself. We've already seen all those people before bar Robin; showing off Corrin's abilities and his powers (especially given the trailer showed off basically all of the beginning characters in english) in this game makes people curious.

Sure i was probably going to buy fates anyway (Well, one of them anyway), but I didn't know Corrin was part-dragon. It makes me kind of curious as to why. (oh and a chainsaw sword. Friggen-chain saw sword.)

its really not that hard of a stretch to imagine someone wanting to look up who this character is and where he's from. Hell, a good portion of peoples first reaction was "WHO??". And then they look it up;
That's publicity right there.

and I dont get your SFZ point.

Last edited:
February cannot come soon enough for me but I can wait that long for my new main (sorry Robin but at least you'll always be my second favorite character in Super Smash Bros.).

He's an advertisement, yet another FE character, moveset isn't anything special when you think about it, and he could of been any number of other characters instead, namely Wolf because the first point definitely applies to him too.

I mean, I've been pretty lukewarm about his inclusion from the beginning, and it's not hard to see why the hate is justified.

no. Corrin's moveset is unique and cool, and why are ppl complaining about the amount of FE chars? There are like 10 mario chars. If anything, I would like MORE FE chars. The only thing that looks not unique about Corring is his Uair. everything else looks like its completely new and fun

Anybody who'd buy FE in the first place is smart enough to look around a little... Just doesn't make a difference.

Remember that SFZ wasn't really a thing until long after the launch of Smash. It literally has no momentum right now.
Well, Fire Emblem wasn't even a thing here in the West until Marth and Roy were included in Melee. Their inclusion in Melee engendered interest in the franchise, and undoubtedly contributed to the success of the series when FE7 finally came out over here. The interest in Marth probably was a factor when they decided to do a remake of the first FE game too.

Smash and FE have a great marketing relationship. It's a sound business decision to include Corrin, as this will generate more interest in Fates than there was before. People who weren't previously interested in the series before, or did not know about the game before, now might be drawn into getting it. It also has the advantage of pandering to FE fans, of which there are many in the Smash community.

My understanding is that one of the Fates games (Birthright, maybe?) is designed to be more accessible to casual players, so that will be a good gateway for new players to enter the series.

Now, sure, the inclusion of a character from a different series could and would have generated some level of interest in that series. But Corrin capitalizes off of a preexisting relationship and is well-timed to add additional momentum to the release of Fates. It's undoubtedly a sound decision to include him.

no. Corrin's moveset is unique and cool, and why are ppl complaining about the amount of FE chars? There are like 10 mario chars. If anything, I would like MORE FE chars. The only thing that looks not unique about Corring is his Uair. everything else looks like its completely new and fun
Nope. Side B's a funky tether, Neutral B is another terrible projectile like the Phantom or Din's Fire, then a generic recovery and a slightly less generic but still only a counter. Everything else is a generic move. The least unique out of any of the newcomers, IMO. Still better then K. Rool at least...

See, Mario's characters aren't unwarranted and it's always been the series with the most representation. Mario was a third of the roster in 64, remember? Mario, Luigi, DK and Yoshi.

Honestly, you're just making the FE fanbase look bad by saying there should be more.

Well, Fire Emblem wasn't even a thing here in the West until Marth and Roy were included in Melee. Their inclusion in Melee engendered interest in the franchise, and undoubtedly contributed to the success of the series when FE7 finally came out over here. The interest in Marth probably was a factor when they decided to do a remake of the first FE game too.

Smash and FE have a great marketing relationship. It's a sound business decision to include Corrin, as this will generate more interest in Fates than there was before. People who weren't previously interested in the series before, or did not know about the game before, now might be drawn into getting it. It also has the advantage of pandering to FE fans, of which there are many in the Smash community.

My understanding is that one of the Fates games (Birthright, maybe?) is designed to be more accessible to casual players, so that will be a good gateway for new players to enter the series.

Now, sure, the inclusion of a character from a different series could and would have generated some level of interest in that series. But Corrin capitalizes off of a preexisting relationship and is well-timed to add additional momentum to the release of Fates. It's undoubtedly a sound decision to include him.
Don't care about the previous relationship, and I'd go so far as to say that it really doesn't do much... Even though Ike was one of the most popular newcomers in Brawl, FE sold terribly from then until Awakening.

Nope. Side B's a funky tether, Neutral B is another terrible projectile like the Phantom or Din's Fire, then a generic recovery and a slightly less generic but still only a counter. Everything else is a generic move. The least unique out of any of the newcomers, IMO. Still better then K. Rool at least...

See, Mario's characters aren't unwarranted and it's always been the series with the most representation. Mario was a third of the roster in 64, remember? Mario, Luigi, DK and Yoshi.

Honestly, you're just making the FE fanbase look bad by saying there should be more.

Don't care about the previous relationship, and I'd go so far as to say that it really doesn't do much... Even though Ike was one of the most popular newcomers in Brawl, FE sold terribly from then until Awakening.

a funky tether?!? its a completely new concept and combo tool! Does anybody else have a side B that completely freezes an opponent for a very long time? Also, his neutral B is like ZSS but can be comboed, the ONLY thing that he shares with other swordsmen is Uair and Down B.

Also, the mario example is just to show how many chars of a franchise they can have,

a funky tether?!? its a completely new concept and combo tool! Does anybody else have a side B that completely freezes an opponent for a very long time? Also, his neutral B is like ZSS but can be comboed, the ONLY thing that he shares with other swordsmen is Uair and Down B.

Also, the mario example is just to show how many chars of a franchise they can have,
Do you really think that you won't be able to break out? Either that or Corrin automatically does something after a short time... Grab > Throw isn't a combo, man.

Dragon's Breath is a lot like Zelda's Phantom. Tons of startup but rewarding if it hits. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter if it's a 15% combo or just does 15%.

Generic A moves are generic A moves. They're filler, and overall not special at all.

Don't care about the supposed limit that any one franchise can have on characters. It's just dumb to ask for any more FE characters.

Do you really think that you won't be able to break out? Either that or Corrin automatically does something after a short time... Grab > Throw isn't a combo, man.

Dragon's Breath is a lot like Zelda's Phantom. Tons of startup but rewarding if it hits. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter if it's a 15% combo or just does 15%.

Generic A moves are generic A moves. They're filler, and overall not special at all.

Don't care about the supposed limit that any one franchise can have on characters. It's just dumb to ask for any more FE characters.

you dont have to charge up his neutral B! you can just shoot the paralysis shot, and there you go. combos.

We dont know if his throws are bad or not, the reveal trailer only showed us the up throw. his down or forward throws could be really good combo tools!

His side B, well, duh they arent pinned forever, but it looks like more than enough time for timing them out, or deciding what to attack them with, or waiting could be a mindgame to trick them into teching at the wrong time. If they can tech It at all.

Also, sharing 1 move with like 1-2 chars doesnt mean that he is a clone, or that the move is bad. Samus and Falcon have the same Utilt, but they arent clones!

That was the point of putting Corrin in...its because not many people know about him
Even Fire Emblem fans don't really know about him. (including me) FE14 is not everywhere yet, only in Japan I think. Even though Fire Emblem is getting more and more popular, its still not like Zelda or Mario.

you dont have to charge up his neutral B! you can just shoot the paralysis shot, and there you go. combos.

We dont know if his throws are bad or not, the reveal trailer only showed us the up throw. his down or forward throws could be really good combo tools!

His side B, well, duh they arent pinned forever, but it looks like more than enough time for timing them out, or deciding what to attack them with, or waiting could be a mindgame to trick them into teching at the wrong time. If they can tech It at all.

Also, sharing 1 move with like 1-2 chars doesnt mean that he is a clone, or that the move is bad. Samus and Falcon have the same Utilt, but they arent clones!
Looking at the Corrin moveset analysis thread it's seeming like an objectively bad move. It's ZSS's Nspecial, Zelda's Phantom and Wolf's Blaster taped together in the worst way possible.

lolno. They gutted all the campy time-out strats from Brawl for a reason. Not going to add it back in.

Just because a character isn't unique doesn't mean they're a clone. Same deal with the unfinished PM newcomers for the most part.

Looking at the Corrin moveset analysis thread it's seeming like an objectively bad move. It's ZSS's Nspecial, Zelda's Phantom and Wolf's Blaster taped together in the worst way possible.

lolno. They gutted all the campy time-out strats from Brawl for a reason. Not going to add it back in.

Just because a character isn't unique doesn't mean they're a clone. Same deal with the unfinished PM newcomers for the most part.

You don't know any of that. Neutral B obviously is powerful, and also YOU DONT HAVE TO CHARGE IT UP. It could just be exactly like ZSS's if it is uncharged.

Side B is unique, new and at least finishes a small combo if us smashers cant invent our own.

Corrin is definitely unique. Everyone thinks he is, and his moves don't look like stuff you'd see from a swordsman, except for his down B. Some of his moves don't even use his sword, which is totally different.

Also his down tilt is obviously a great combo tool btw

Awakening was originally supposed to be the last FE game, but it actually revived the series. Fates is the game to follow Awakening, and so it does have something to prove--both that it can appeal to casual gamers while also retaining the difficulty that drew hardcore strategy gamers to the franchise.

And what do you mean the previous relationship "doesn't do much?" It doesn't do much for what, exactly? What matters more? Okay, so Ike's inclusion in Brawl did not retroactively make the first FE for the Wii a huge success. That doesn't say much about prospective effects. Also, as a Smash character, Ike really isn't that interesting or unique. Ike basically was another knight-type. So a heavy-hitter Marth? By comparison, Corrin is a half-dragon with a chainsaw blade. Those may be said to be gimmicks, but, well, won't they sell well?

Basically, the real question is, won't the addition of Corrin add more hype to the release of Fates over here? Yes, obviously. More people are going to check out this new release. More people are going to download Corrin because of Fates, and, furthermore, more people are going to check out Smash because Corrin is in it. Is there something that would be better, from a business perspective, do you think?

LancerStaff reminds me of the people that said Ryu was a Mario and Little mac clone with no chance of being viable.

You don't know any of that. Neutral B obviously is powerful, and also YOU DONT HAVE TO CHARGE IT UP. It could just be exactly like ZSS's if it is uncharged.

Side B is unique, new and at least finishes a small combo if us smashers cant invent our own.

Corrin is definitely unique. Everyone thinks he is, and his moves don't look like stuff you'd see from a swordsman, except for his down B. Some of his moves don't even use his sword, which is totally different.

Also his down tilt is obviously a great combo tool btw
From the looks of things it may not even have follow-ups at all outside of crazy high percents. I mean, this is a conclusion actual Corrin hopefuls have come to looking at the footage.

See, what's the functional difference? You're just talking about visuals, which are irrelevant.

Or they just DI'd it terribly to make it look good like with Lucina's side B. Which still doesn't work properly.

Awakening was originally supposed to be the last FE game, but it actually revived the series. Fates is the game to follow Awakening, and so it does have something to prove--both that it can appeal to casual gamers while also retaining the difficulty that drew hardcore strategy gamers to the franchise.

And what do you mean the previous relationship "doesn't do much?" It doesn't do much for what, exactly? What matters more? Okay, so Ike's inclusion in Brawl did not retroactively make the first FE for the Wii a huge success. That doesn't say much about prospective effects. Also, as a Smash character, Ike really isn't that interesting or unique. Ike basically was another knight-type. So a heavy-hitter Marth? By comparison, Corrin is a half-dragon with a chainsaw blade. Those may be said to be gimmicks, but, well, won't they sell well?

Basically, the real question is, won't the addition of Corrin add more hype to the release of Fates over here? Yes, obviously. More people are going to check out this new release. More people are going to download Corrin because of Fates, and, furthermore, more people are going to check out Smash because Corrin is in it. Is there something that would be better, from a business perspective, do you think?
Awakening was built in a way as to be a satisfying send-off for the series. (And managed to totally not be but the FE3 remake was good so whateves.) The series didn't vanish for years or abandon it's home genre almost completely from the third game onwards.

No, Ike was popular. Tons of people played as him and liked him as a character. Game still bombed though, because advertising a tactical RPG in a fighting game doesn't work as well as you'd think.

I've honestly seen more FE fans upset with his inclusion (and how recent games have been handled) then people actually showing interest in the character.

LancerStaff reminds me of the people that said Ryu was a Mario and Little mac clone with no chance of being viable.
You can't just judge a character by appearance. Ryu plays more like Falco does where he's slower but can really get in and wreck face without being all the way over on the Dorf side of the spectrum. Falco's pretty bad in this game but in previous games he was top tier. It's a playstyle that could really go either way depending on the specifics, but then again he's the character they'd go out of their way to make good in 1v1s.

Meanwhile Zelda's been born bad and she's managed to get worse each game, and somehow a character following in her footsteps doesn't sound viable to me.

From the looks of things it may not even have follow-ups at all outside of crazy high percents. I mean, this is a conclusion actual Corrin hopefuls have come to looking at the footage.

See, what's the functional difference? You're just talking about visuals, which are irrelevant.

Or they just DI'd it terribly to make it look good like with Lucina's side B. Which still doesn't work properly.

Awakening was built in a way as to be a satisfying send-off for the series. (And managed to totally not be but the FE3 remake was good so whateves.) The series didn't vanish for years or abandon it's home genre almost completely from the third game onwards.

No, Ike was popular. Tons of people played as him and liked him as a character. Game still bombed though, because advertising a tactical RPG in a fighting game doesn't work as well as you'd think.

I've honestly seen more FE fans upset with his inclusion (and how recent games have been handled) then people actually showing interest in the character.

You can't just judge a character by appearance. Ryu plays more like Falco does where he's slower but can really get in and wreck face without being all the way over on the Dorf side of the spectrum. Falco's pretty bad in this game but in previous games he was top tier. It's a playstyle that could really go either way depending on the specifics, but then again he's the character they'd go out of their way to make good in 1v1s.

Meanwhile Zelda's been born bad and she's managed to get worse each game, and somehow a character following in her footsteps doesn't sound viable to me.
oh my god. Functional difference from what? There is NOTHING like corrin's side b, so there is nothing that he can be ripping off from! There is a visual difference because there is a functional difference from everything else in the game!

They cant DI it because they are standing on the ground, then they tumble immediately. Also, Marth, lucina and roy's side B work just fine, and connect well. Think about Ryu's down B. can you DI or tech that? no.

also, we dont know how his combo throws are, so you cant make judgements like that. And it looks like his down and up tilts are just great combos on a wide range of percents!

Last edited:
oh my god. Functional difference from what? There is NOTHING like corrin's side b, so there is nothing that he can be ripping off from! There is a visual difference because there is a functional difference from everything else in the game!

They cant DI it because they are standing on the ground, then they tumble immediately. Also, Marth, lucina and roy's side B work just fine, and connect well. Think about Ryu's down B. can you DI or tech that? no.

also, we dont know how his combo throws are, so you cant make judgements like that. And it looks like his down and up tilts are just great combos on a wide range of percents!
It's a long-ranged attack that holds somebody in place and then does damage and launches them when you press a direction.

Gee, sounds like a tether.

Dude, that's not how DI works. You can DI in any situation where knockback is involved. No duh you can't DI a charged Focus Attack, you're set into a completely unique animation.

Roy's side B works well. Marth and Lucina's are crap moves that only exist to give you an extra hop during recovery. Go ahead and ask the Marth social.

Again, the Lucina example fully applies.

I didn't say that Ike was unpopular. I said that he isn't all that different in type from Marth or Roy. He's another sword wielding knight. That's not unique or special such that it would generate an especial interest in Path of Radiance. Corrin, by contrast, is a half-dragon wielding a chainsaw blade.

Furthermore, Path of Radiance came out in 2005, while Brawl came out in 2008. Radiant Dawn came out in 2007. It's not as though Ike's inclusion in Brawl was going to generate a bunch of sales of new copies of those games. They had already been out for awhile, so it doesn't make much sense to say that Brawl did much advertising for those games. The vast majority of games are going to sell their best within the first few weeks or months. That pretty much makes Brawl a non-factor when considering the sales of those games.

Corrin and Fates are both coming out in February. So, yeah, Corrin as a DLC character will probably generate a lot of interest in the game that previously did not exist.

It's a long-ranged attack that holds somebody in place and then does damage and launches them when you press a direction.

Gee, sounds like a tether.

Dude, that's not how DI works. You can DI in any situation where knockback is involved. No duh you can't DI a charged Focus Attack, you're set into a completely unique animation.

Roy's side B works well. Marth and Lucina's are crap moves that only exist to give you an extra hop during recovery. Go ahead and ask the Marth social.

Again, the Lucina example fully applies.
Then that means that his side b is like EVERY GRAB IN THE GAME. are corrin's side b and grab the same thing? no. grabs dont hold ppl for that long, and vary length with percentage. Corrin's side b doesnt. Also, you can't jump or cancel out of grabbing someone! If corrin's side b is close to anything at all, it's close to Ryu's down b, not a grab.

It doesnt have knockback. Im talking about when Corrin cancels his side b. That just puts them in tumble and immediately sends them on the ground no matter what they do. Does it sound like you can DI that? NO. Also, it looks like the exact same animation as Ryu's down b

Marth and lucina's side b (and roy) dont do anything with recovery. If anything, it makes their recovery worse. They dont bounce when they use it, so it doesnt help vertically, and it cancels momentum, making horizontal even worse!

All of their side b's connect well, do some quick damage, and can even kill. The example doesnt apply at all

Top Bottom