• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Breakdown of Corrin's Moveset

Ever since Corrin was announced in the last Smash Broadcast, his inclusion has been met with some controversy. Despite this controversy, one fact remains -- Corrin looks like a very unique addition to the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/ 3DS roster. Masahiro Sakurai, the director of Smash, has even stated this was the reason the dragon, chainsaw swordsman was chosen in his bi-weekly Famitsu Column.

@Delzethin has decided to break down Corrin's unique moveset to show the full potential of the Omega-Yato and what the blood of a dragon allows Corrin to do.

Excited? Let us know in the comments!

PushDustIn wishes he had the blood of a dragon in him. Well...sometimes. You can follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

obligatory corrin sux comment

Nah, just kidding. I'm not a big fan of the character's inclusion, but the moveset at least looks interesting and different. At the very least, they aren't another swordfighting-based Fire Emblem character.

Corrin is very unique and cool.
I am just hoping he isn't busted or broken. Same with Bayo. But I trust Sakurai will make them solid characters that are fair and balanced.

Last edited:
The idea of having another Fire Emblem character added to the roster is a little disappointing.

Corrin's moveset looks really good!!! :)

I don't think Corrin looks especially unique beyond his Side B and aesthetics. He's Greninja tier in terms of how unique he is - has one or two especially unique moves and of course has unique animations that prevent him from being any sort of clone (for the most part, his Up-Air is ripped straight from Marth), but is otherwise similar to other characters in terms of the functions of his attacks and his overall feel.

That's fine though and he still looks fun to play and I will be buying him.

Last edited:
I cant wait to start using her in tournaments. I found her a very cool character from the start.

That f-smash charge having a hitbox is quite a cool idea. But maybe the f-smash will deal really little dmg when no tipper, so it's cool for me.
Close? Get damaged by that hitbox.
Far away? Get da tipper

next level waifu i think... introducing dragon waifu
I will use the male Corrin because I think his voice is funny.

#DragonMarth

Last edited:
This character looks pretty cool, I'm pretty excited for him/her.
Also, dSmash looks crazy good.

Last edited:
I'm still not very happy with his inclusion or how dull his moveset looks. (Like really, main gimmick is that his side B is a funky tether grab.) And since he's looking like a character built like Zelda and Palutena, don't think he's going to be remotely viable either.

Corrin will have a tipper to his up and down smashes, if you look at them closely, you'll notice a distinct flash animation at the tips of the transformed appendages; this is similar to Sheik's finger tips flashing in the beginning of her up smash. Functionally this should be no surprise, almost every character has a 'sweet spot' and 'sour spot' to their attacks, and many of them have it at the tip.

Corrin will have a tipper to his up and down smashes, if you look at them closely, you'll notice a distinct flash animation at the tips of the transformed appendages; this is similar to Sheik's finger tips flashing in the beginning of her up smash. Functionally this should be no surprise, almost every character has a 'sweet spot' and 'sour spot' to their attacks, and many of them have it at the tip.
yes many characters have tipper effects on their attacks, such as Lucas' forward smash and Link's dash attack

Why does everyone like the female Corrin so much?
Just curious.
Because I absolutely love her design, and unlike Robin, where I like both designs almost equally, FemCorrin is just definitely better than HeCorrin to me.

Dragon Lunge is going to have some really cool options. And I LOVE the multi hits on the dash attack and dair. Shame the dair doesn't bounce, that's always fun. But it IS a drill, I suppose.

I'll admit, I still feel like there's way too much FE representation in this game, but it's nice to see at least a few characters are getting some real effort put into making their movesets unique and versatile.
If this is any indication of the future of Smash games, I'm all for it.

Okay, am I the only one that is incredibly distracted by the placement of his thumb on the splash art? Way too low to fit into that perspective. Makes him look like he has a freaky spider hand. o.o

I never understood the hate for Corrin. So what if he's a Fire Emblem character? He's got a very unique moveset that looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

I never understood the hate for Corrin. So what if he's a Fire Emblem character? He's got a very unique moveset that looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Look at Roy it is the same case. But Corrin is unique with his/her Dragon Fang. Fire Emblem also deserves so many reps after the FE:A success

Look at Roy it is the same case. But Corrin is unique with his/her Dragon Fang. Fire Emblem also deserves so many reps after the FE:A success
I agree that FE deserves many reps, and I'm happy with the love its getting... but I thought 5 was plenty enough. So I didn't expect/want Corrin, but if there was specific FE characters I wanted, it would be Ephraim, Hector, or Micaiah.

Last edited:
Just curious.
I may be wrong, but if I recall, there weren't that much people that were appealed in boy Corrin's design. I heard it had something to do with the hair I think? Dunno. Again, I could be wrong.

I'm totally indifferent to either gender myself. It just so happens that girl Corrin has the costume of my favorite color, purple, so there's that.

Aside from that, Corrin definitely looks promising. Cannot wait for a few weeks any longer. Definitely looking forward to learning to in February.

Just curious.
most Smashers (and gamers in general) are guys, so they like their women/waifus (obviously)
I like my waifus too but I'm not obsessed about it like some people lol
I play both genders of Robin, and I'll play both genders of Corrin

He's an advertisement, yet another FE character, moveset isn't anything special when you think about it, and he could of been any number of other characters instead, namely Wolf because the first point definitely applies to him too.

I mean, I've been pretty lukewarm about his inclusion from the beginning, and it's not hard to see why the hate is justified.

Wolf doesn't really advertise Star Fox imo because he's already known by most people, Corrins unknown and Smash will only show you a few things about him/her and you'd have to buy FE: Fates to learn everything about him/her.

Last edited:
I Think That Corrin may Be Better than the other FE characters that are in the game so far. It looked that way from the moveset video at least.

Wolf doesn't really advertise Star Fox imo because he's already known by most people, Corrins unknown and Smash will only show you a few things about him/her and you'd have to buy FE: Fates to learn everything about him/her.
Not really. Starfox has been gone for years, and the only reason most people would know about him is Brawl.

I Think That Corrin may Be Better than the other FE characters that are in the game so far. It looked that way from the moveset video at least.
Never trust a trailer.

I'm surrounded by weaboos.
I'm offended by your discriminatory slur!

But seriously, the only thing that bothers me about all of this is that I knew nothing about this character, and now I feel like some of it's been spoiled. People on these boards have already told me that you learn this stuff about his dragon heritage and the like early on, but it's still something of a spoiler.

I meant like most gamers know about Wolf and he's not that deep of a character either anyway so there's not much to learn about him lol. Plus the amount of people that don't know Wolf is less than the amount of people that don't know Corrin

Why does everyone refer to Corrin as a girl?
Alot of people like the female Corrin. And technically they aren't wrong by calling Corrin a "she".
Oh man, I hope my question isn't going to stir up something that should be left on Tumblr.

Last edited:
I voted for Corrin XD I'm so happy that he/she was announced.

Shout out to @Delzethin for Pointing that the chainsaw was him charging his smash attack, that blew my damn mind.

This is going to be the longest January ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom