• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A Bad Smash Day..."- Conker for Ultimate!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
You know what, screw it!!!

Page 20 here we come!!! :pimp:

But seriously tho I wish this thread could be a little more active than usual.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I tried out banjo and kazooie through project 64 with a steam controller and I’m addicted. I take back a lot of things I said about them, I might even like banjo more then conker now.
I don’t know why they made banjo the way he’s in smash, he could’ve been so much better

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I tried out banjo and kazooie through project 64 with a steam controller and I’m addicted. I take back a lot of things I said about them, I might even like banjo more then conker now.
I don’t know why they made banjo the way he’s in smash, he could’ve been so much better
Personally, I always found Banjo Kazooie just a mediocre version of Super Mario 64.

But hey I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I agree somewhat about how Sakurai and team handled Banjo & Kazooie's moveset. I really wish their Natural B was changed where you could choose between all the different egg types from Tooie. It would kind of work like Shulk's Monado Arts.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
So apparently a lot of people believe that this alt of Banjo-Kazooie is supposed to reference Conker the Squirrel, mainly because of Banjo’s fur color:

F942704A-8A62-47B0-A324-390B19754FF1.jpeg

Others say that it’s Tootie, while some others even theorize that it’s supposed to be referencing both characters.

Honestly I don’t see any connection to Conker’s fur color. One is red-brown and the other is red-orange, there’s a large difference there.
But anyway, if this does end up being true then I admit that it’s kind of cool to think that Sakurai decided to homage the squirrel in some way.
On the other hand, I sincerely hope this doesn’t disconfirm him too.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Conker is apparently taller then both Mario and Luigi in calculation. If you compare sizes with people from new donk city then you will see Mario is a lot shorter then you think
161C451B-F452-4A92-BF3F-7B97315EAC3A.png

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Conker is apparently taller then both Mario and Luigi in calculation. If you compare sizes with people from new donk city then you will see Mario is a lot shorter then you thinkView attachment 247257
The information that he is 1.45 doesn’t make any sense, and it’s probably non-canon either considering that none of the team behind BFD were behind the players guide.
Conker is, at least, as high as Mario, maybe even slightly shorter.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I finished Banjo Kazooie a little while ago and I’m starting Banjo Tooie. A lot of things were missing from Banjos moveset in smash bros, like the variety of eggs kazooie can spit out.

This should’ve been his down smash instead.
B1FBF706-53CD-428E-9849-4E966FB5CE09.png
The Pack Wack could do the most damage and knockback out of all his smash attacks, all of his smash attacks are kinda mediocre and can’t kill well.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
I think both characters deserve to get in. But right now Dixie kong is the most popular Rare/DKC character not yet in the game. Also, Gregg Mayles Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Banjo, and Kazooie's creator wants her in Smash Bros. now that the rest of his creations are already in the game.
Man, can't that guy just be happy already?!

I mean jeez, we already have K.rool and even Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Brothers (something that many considered an impossibility), let someone like Conker have his time to shine!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Man, can't that guy just be happy already?!

I mean jeez, we already have K.rool and even Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Brothers (something that many considered an impossibility), let someone like Conker have his time to shine!
I totally agree with you! Now it should be Chris Seavor’s turn, for a change.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Just goes to show how nonsensically underrated Conker is, when it comes to Smash Brothers...
I think people just want Banjo a lot more. I finished Banjo-Kazooie and i'm playing Banjo-Tooie now, and I can say that Banjo is a lot better then Conker. So I will be less active here and might join the Banjo thread, because its still active.

Edit: Gamespot gave Banjo 9.5 and gave Conker 9.3.
Metacritic user score gave Banjo 9.1 with 413 ratings and gave Conker 9.0 with 322 ratings
All Game 4.5/5 stars to Banjo and gave 4 stars to Conker
Game rankings gave Banjo 92% and gave Conker 89.28%
Edge gave Banjo 8/10 and gave Conker 7/10
Game Revolution gave Banjo A- and gave Conker B+
N64 Magazine gave Banjo 92% and gave conker 89%

Also Banjo sold much more copies then Conker, Banjo sold more then 1.8 million copies in the united states and sold more then 405,000 copies in japan. Conker sold <50,000 copies, which sold below expectations.

So i'm now a Banjo fan now, and might make a revamped moveset for Banjo Kazooie, no more Conker moveset updates

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
I think people just want Banjo a lot more. I finished Banjo-Kazooie and i'm playing Banjo-Tooie now, and I can say that Banjo is a lot better then Conker. So I will be less active here and might join the Banjo thread, because its still active.
Good! More Conker for us.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What's wrong with liking the better game? lol
It’s just when you barge in and claim it as fact like everyone has to agree.

I like Banjo more myself, but I also like Conker and think he’s cool, so it’d be awesome to see him join. Those website scores are nearly neck-and-neck anyway, and those + the sells and whatever aren’t going to make anyone ditch their favorite game...

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice

Edit: Gamespot gave Banjo 9.5 and gave Conker 9.3.
Metacritic user score gave Banjo 9.1 with 413 ratings and gave Conker 9.0 with 322 ratings
All Game 4.5/5 stars to Banjo and gave 4 stars to Conker
Game rankings gave Banjo 92% and gave Conker 89.28%
Edge gave Banjo 8/10 and gave Conker 7/10
Game Revolution gave Banjo A- and gave Conker B+
N64 Magazine gave Banjo 92% and gave conker 89%

Also Banjo sold much more copies then Conker, Banjo sold more then 1.8 million copies in the united states and sold more then 405,000 copies in japan. Conker sold <50,000 copies, which sold below expectations.

So i'm now a Banjo fan now, and might make a revamped moveset for Banjo Kazooie, no more Conker moveset updates
You're saying it like if Banjo-Kazooie is a far more superior game, when practically all of the rating scores you showed are like one inch away from BFD´s scores.
And if sales actually defined if a game's better than the other, than that would mean that Sonic 06 is better than Earthbound, which I doubt most people in the world would agree.
Plus, there are also many people out there who consider Conker's Bad Fur Day superior, so don't think we're just the only ones here.
But all in all, that's very subjective, so I really don't see the point of you braguing and claiming your opinions to be facts!

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
You're saying it like if Banjo-Kazooie is a far more superior game, when practically all of the rating scores you showed are like one inch away from BFD´s scores.
And if sales actually defined if a game's better than the other, than that would mean that Sonic 06 is better than Earthbound, which I doubt most people in the world would agree.
Plus, there are also many people out there who consider Conker's Bad Fur Day superior, so don't think we're just the only ones here.
But all in all, that's very subjective, so I really don't see the point of you braguing and claiming your opinions to be facts!
Doesn't Banjo have more reviewers? I played both games and actually thought conker was a lot better when I just played Bad fur day. It took me 7 hours to beat Conker and it took 13 hours to beat banjo. Banjo is 3 years younger then conker and has a lot more content. There were very little collectibles in conker with only money being the only thing to collect and its only used in 2 parts of the game. Banjo had Jinjos, Jiggies, Music notes, and certain items for click clock woods. Not to mention Banjo actually got a sequel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/n64/comments/8949q9/im_sorry_but_conkers_bad_fur_day_is_a_very_flawed/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...-fur-day-was-a-technically-bad-game-29291525/

Edit: The fact that I like banjo more now doesn’t instantly mean I dislike conker.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Doesn't Banjo have more reviewers? I played both games and actually thought conker was a lot better when I just played Bad fur day. It took me 7 hours to beat Conker and it took 13 hours to beat banjo. Banjo is 3 years younger then conker and has a lot more content. There were very little collectibles in conker with only money being the only thing to collect and its only used in 2 parts of the game. Banjo had Jinjos, Jiggies, Music notes, and certain items for click clock woods. Not to mention Banjo actually got a sequel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/n64/comments/8949q9/im_sorry_but_conkers_bad_fur_day_is_a_very_flawed/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...-fur-day-was-a-technically-bad-game-29291525/
What the **** is your point??!!

There are also many threads on sites like those with the topic that “Banjo Kazooie sucks”.
52A629D6-9ED5-4AB1-A3F5-3AFC1444B5DB.jpeg
28870443-1505-48A2-B372-27AED811A130.jpeg
4CF6406E-DB3F-4571-8376-DE1FB70D7749.jpeg
How the hell does that define if a game’s better than the other??

If you like Banjo better than Conker now, that’s cool.
But if you’re here just to diss us with such absurdity, than you might as well just **** off and go to the BK thread.

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Edit: The fact that I like banjo more now doesn’t instantly mean I dislike conker.
But really, if you're here just to make such absurd points about a topic that´s not even related to the thread, than you're better off leaving to the Banjo-Kazooie thread.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
No offense but you guys need to chill out, as someone who loves both Banjo and Conker, is it really that necessary get so defensive whenever someone brings up a character that isn’t Conker?
Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson Morgana J. Cat Morgana J. Cat

Whatever you like it or not, Conker is indeed way smaller and lesser known/requested then Banjo due to BFD’s poor sales, lack of presence in Japan despite both being iconic Nintendo characters of the past, Cookies & Milk didn’t even say anything negative other that this thread isn’t as big as the Banjo thread which is true so why the damn hostility and telling him to “**** off about it?

This isn’t even the first time I’ve seen you guys act toxic about Conker considering the tweets I’ve seen before on Twitter.

Cookies saying Banjo being better subjectively better and he shouldn’t have said that in this thread, people have already accused the Banjo fanbase of being toxic in the Steve wars (vice verse for them), do we REALLY need Conker fans getting this kind of accused behavior as well?

That said, we all need to be civil and push for the squirrel more if we want him to get included as well.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
No offense but you guys need to chill out, as someone who loves both Banjo and Conker, is it really that necessary get so defensive whenever someone brings up a character that isn’t Conker?
Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson Morgana J. Cat Morgana J. Cat

Whatever you like it or not, Conker is indeed way smaller and lesser known/requested then Banjo due to BFD’s poor sales, lack of presence in Japan despite both being iconic Nintendo characters of the past, Cookies & Milk didn’t even say anything negative other that this thread isn’t as big as the Banjo thread which is true so why the damn hostility and telling him to “**** off about it?

This isn’t even the first time I’ve seen you guys act toxic about Conker considering the tweets I’ve seen before on Twitter.

Cookies saying Banjo being better subjectively better and he shouldn’t have said that in this thread, people have already accused the Banjo fanbase of being toxic in the Steve wars (vice verse for them), do we REALLY need Conker fans getting this kind of accused behavior as well?

That said, we all need to be civil and push for the squirrel more if we want him to get included as well.
Oh trust me, I’m very aware of Conker’s status when it comes to popularity and fan demand, but forcefully saying that his game is inferior to another, as if it’s a fact, doesn’t do any justice either.

I do agree however, that I went a little too heavy with my reaction and my replies, and with that I apologize.

Edit: I honestly don’t remember any toxic tweets of mine regarding both Conker and Smash Brothers, but if you want it, you can PM me what you saw, and we can discuss it.

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Oh trust me, I’m very aware of Conker’s status when it comes to popularity and fan demand, but forcefully saying that his game is inferior to another, as if it’s a fact, doesn’t do any justice either.

I do agree however, that I went a little too heavy with my reaction and my replies, and with that I apologize.

Edit: I honestly don’t remember any toxic tweets of mine regarding both Conker and Smash Brothers, but if you want it, you can PM me what you saw, and we can discuss it.
You always say conker has mostly better reviews and now that I like Banjo more I was putting down the reviews which banjo won. Banjo has more reviewers which means more people are reviewing it, which means it has a bigger chance of having a worse rating then conker which it doesn’t. I never said anything about anybody, conker, or this thread. I literally was just saying that I think banjos games are better then conkers, it’s my opinion.

Why do you have to show so much bias towards conker? You get so defensive when somebody says something remotely bad about it or when somebody says Banjo is better.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only reason Conker's Bad Fur Day sold so poorly was because:

1. Nintendo really tried not to acknowledge the game's existence.

2. Nintendo Power didn't cover it at all, but did acknowledge it in the final issue of Nintendo Power and apologise to the Conker fans and saying how great the game was.

3. Stores like Toy R Us, Walmart, Target, ect would absolutely not sell the game because of it's over the top toilet mouth, sexual, and violent humor and content. Adult stores were about the only place pretty much that would sell the game.

Sells isn't everything, and you shouldn't judge a game by it's sells because there is certain factors why certain games don't sell as well. There are a lot of great games that sold poorly like Chrono Trigger, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, Goemon's Great Adventure, Mischief Makers, I can go on. The point is: Don't **** on a game because of the sells, because what really matters more is the score.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
The only reason Conker's Bad Fur Day sold so poorly was because:

1. Nintendo really tried not to acknowledge the game's existence.

2. Nintendo Power didn't cover it at all, but did acknowledge it in the final issue of Nintendo Power and apologise to the Conker fans and saying how great the game was.

3. Stores like Toy R Us, Walmart, Target, ect would absolutely not sell the game because of it's over the top toilet mouth, sexual, and violent humor and content. Adult stores were about the only place pretty much that would sell the game.

Sells isn't everything, and you shouldn't judge a game by it's sells because there is certain factors why certain games don't sell as well. There are a lot of great games that sold poorly like Chrono Trigger, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, Goemon's Great Adventure, Mischief Makers, I can go on. The point is: Don't **** on a game because of the sells, because what really matters more is the score.
True words and points, exactly!
But hey, let’s just leave it there, and move on, it’s probably for the best.

And man, I actually wasn’t aware that Nintendo did apologize for the lack of advertisement to the Conker fans, can you please show me where you found that? That’s truly satisfying to know.
I only found out that they did advertise the game and its Player’s Guide in one of their Nintendo Power issues (if I’m not mistaken).
You had to call Nintendo of America to get the player’s guide:
AAA21820-4F58-4D8C-910E-E6EC8BD5F952.jpeg

I wonder how many wise guys faked their age, in order to get this... :pimp:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
They should’ve added multiple moves to conkers bad fur day like with Banjo kazooie.

Let me explain, at the beginning of the game where birdy gives conker a manual which he learns to use the slingshot, which costed money.

They could’ve added spots around the kingdom where conker can buy manuals to learn new moves. (Dash attack, double jump) Which always ended in the money jumping out of birdys pockets and back into conkers pockets.

There were only 2 reasons to get money in the game and you don’t even need to collect them all to beat the game. So maybe in levels like in the spooky chapter he could’ve bought manuals from Greg the grim reaper instead of birdy and the general in the war chapter. There could even be move(s) he learns if he gets all the money, like something actually powerful (Like using the chainsaw instead of the frying pan).

I still want conker in smash

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Hey look, this guy on Twitter named @Dogman11992 made this really cool templates with Conker spirits:

477206F9-C1D5-4352-BD0D-F26081A66438.jpeg

C7174605-A330-4DBF-AD31-BDAE38C740C7.jpeg
DA2F0E38-594C-4A38-89D7-9EC1AFD06948.jpeg

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
If Conker were to ever be added to the game, this would be his Up smash with a double edged katana

2FC806B0-2EB0-4833-9B5B-D0BF3268CC45.gif

Edit: I’m sorry for starting an argument, I didn’t mean a lot of things I said. I DO like banjo more now, I still want conker to get into smash and I still like conkers bad fur day as a game.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Great news, everyone! The Conker campaign account just reached 200 followers and Chris Seavor is one of them!!!

C0FFFEB5-63F4-4C40-8530-D027E76BC312.jpeg
I like to believe Conker is on the right track. :)

Also, does anyone here have hope that this image will age well?:

D8DDA5FA-A0F2-413D-AAA7-6C932C095DFA.jpeg

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
A Japanese artist named @hihidarumalove made this beautiful images, and damn words cannot express just how much I wanna see this becoming a reality, just like that.

Maybe not today, but one day... One good Fur day!!!!

FEDEAF36-A417-447B-89E8-E9F7F15727AC.jpeg

FFFFC79E-651B-4E4B-80E3-E1BAB31EF72B.jpeg

821A4B1A-55AD-4DBF-A0ED-C0C6E22507A7.jpeg
A26388FF-3E67-4C70-883B-9C7B00118B7C.jpeg

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Conker’s bad fur day is more popular then both Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie when it comes to emulators.
If you go to Emu paradise and go to n64 section, it says that Conker's game got more downloads then Banjo's games. Guess saying banjo's game sold more argument is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Apparently Conker’s bad fur day is more popular then both Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie when it comes to emulators.
If you go to Emu paradise and go to n64 section, it says that Conker's game got more downloads then Banjo's games. Guess saying banjo's game sold more argument is irrelevant.
It’s also probably because the Bad Fur Day N64 cartridges can be quite expensive, specially on EBay. I’m not sure if they’re still very pricey, I was lucky enough to buy one for 20 $, I really thought I was dreaming at that moment lol.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I know this is old but, the untitled goose game is really popular right now vs a character that hasn’t gotten a game in almost 20 years. If conker still got games today, he would’ve (probably) gotten A LOT more views.
I don’t think the lack of modern games has anything to do with that, I mean just look at Geno and Banjo Kazooie.
Not saying that the goose game is bad but I just feel like the character is a really stupid popular pick, pretty much on the same boat with Freddy Fazbear.

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I just played Crash insane trilogy and would actually like to see Crash in smash now. Crash and Conker in smash is a dream. Also I see that you dislike seeing Crash in in smash, how come?

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I just played Crash insane trilogy and would actually like to see Crash in smash now. Crash and Conker in smash is a dream. Also I see that you dislike seeing Crash in in smash, how come?
I know this is controversial, sorry, but I just see Crash Bandicoot too much as PlayStation’s desperate attempt to rival with Mario. Literally nothing from his games impressed or amused me, and I just find the character himself really annoying, rather than silly and fun (I kind of like Coco, tho).
In my opinion, the only legendary videogame platforming mascots are Mario and Sonic (and definitely not Crash).

Last edited:

Cookies N Milk

Smash Apprentice
I guess you can say Conker can resemble games upgrading, as in games evolving by looking better and playing better. Because his game was probably the most advanced graphically and gameplay wise for both original Xbox and N64. The fact that his games were the first to use MP3 files which is why the music is so high quality and one of the 3 N64 games to use a 64 mb cartridge.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Never really played much of Conker's games, but he'd be neat in Smash. He has a lot of character, and even if he's not my first choice, I still support him.

Top Bottom