• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

\_---Ephraim For Brawl---_/

Hong

The Strongest
Nah. Macaiah outnumbers Black Knight here, especially since many of the Lyn supporters became Macaiah supporters. :p Black Knight is okay in my books, but I prefer Macaiah entirely. Magic is always welcome in Super Smash Brothers.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The Black Knight fans will outnumber Macaiah by the end of the day, our fans will blot out the son, once the BK's True identity... is revealed.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS END.

Crappy shop... i know.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
SPOILERS

ZELGIUS IS THE BLACK KNIGHT

END SPOILERS

Doesn't matter if Ephraim is unique the fact that his game and he himself is hated not only in Japan but all across the world is not a very encouraging thing.

Hong

The Strongest
Ephraim and Eirika as Great Lords charging together would make for a pretty cool Assist Trophy.

RWB

Smash Ace
SPOILERS

ZELGIUS IS THE BLACK KNIGHT

END SPOILERS

Doesn't matter if Ephraim is unique the fact that his game and he himself is hated not only in Japan but all across the world is not a very encouraging thing.
Last I checked the FE forums, Efrawg was pretty well-liked. Just because people think his game is the worst doesn't suddenly make him hated.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Just gaze at em for a couple of seconds........then you can come back to me and give me your final decision on whether or not Ephraim should be in Brawl as a playable or as an AT.

^^A picture is worth a thousand words! Become swayed! U jus cannot deny Ephraim!:cool:

Hong

The Strongest
There is a misconception about why he's liked. It's the fact he's so incredibly powerful that he's liked. Very little people acknowledge him for anything more than a killing machine, unlike Marth for example who's acknowledged for his personality. (At least by Fire Emblem Veterans, not smashers.)

RWB

Smash Ace
There is a misconception about why he's liked. It's the fact he's so incredibly powerful that he's liked. Very little people acknowledge him for anything more than a killing machine, unlike Marth for example who's acknowledged for his personality. (At least by Fire Emblem Veterans, not smashers.)

Oh? I happen to be quite the lurker on quite some FE sites. Ephraims main appeal is his personality to most people ( If they're not lying ;) ).

I cannot say much about Marth, but from the Game Script I read, he seem to have quite the lack of personality, but I might be wrong.^^;

I'm not saying Efrawg is that popular. Just saying he isn't hated, as Xianfeng so ignorantly stated. (No hard feelings Xianfeng, I usually agree with almost everything you say.)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm not saying Efrawg is that popular. Just saying he isn't hated, as Xianfeng so ignorantly stated. (No hard feelings Xianfeng, I usually agree with almost everything you say.)
Everywhere I've seen he isn't "hated" but he isn't liked either. People hate Eirika more than him, he isn't a favourite but he isn't a least favourite either.

I cannot say much about Marth, but from the Game Script I read, he seem to have quite the lack of personality, but I might be wrong.^^;
Oh no he didn't really but that's because they didn't really speak much in that game, none of the FE characters began to become developed until FE4 then the started to take a dip in FE8 before becoming good again in FE9.

Oh? I happen to be quite the lurker on quite some FE sites. Ephraims main appeal is his personality to most people ( If they're not lying ).
He has twice the personality of Roy which is about half the personality of that little cactus pokemon.

GenG

Smash Lord
Marth has a good personality... for a 1990 game. But little by little he started to get a more bishounen feel, which is rare within Nintendo. Actually he is one of the few FE characters like that, maybe with Celice, who is what people not fond with anime may call feminine or sissy.

Marth was dependant, weak, yet courageous, the core of a FE lord. He may have a weak character but that's because he was born in a age were videogames plots were still in development, even so he still holds water and in a future remake they can expand the universe of Akanea. Contemporary games to FE like Final Fantasy IV doesn't have too much plot compared with the recent ones, but still have a lot of loveable and recognizable characters and plot events, just like FE. Is just a well written game and set the bases for future FEs in characters and their roles.

Is true that character development may be one of the reasons for a character to be loved, fan requested, and ultimately playable, but little personality is required in a game like Smash Bros. Is more like... the flavor. And Marth has a different flavor compared with the rest of lords.

And about Ephraim... He would fit well as a secondary character in a game like Path of Radiance, but not as a full fledged lord.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Just gaze at em for a couple of seconds........then you can come back to me and give me your final decision on whether or not Ephraim should be in Brawl as a playable or as an AT.

^^A picture is worth a thousand words! Become swayed! U jus cannot deny Ephraim!:cool:
AT

Ephraim looks more like a supporting character.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
How can people like Ephraim for his personality if he doesn't really have one?

He is simply a slightly less brutish version of Hector (hates studying and is a good fighter) and a respected commander...

Most characters in that game lack personalities... the game in general just lacks personality...

L1F3

Smash Cadet
I may be alittle late into the debate, but Epheraim (couldn't care how to spell his name) would have the longest range. Check out tht lance dude! No frigin' way will some OTHER blue haired lord will have super range.

IMO, Lyndis deserves to fight. We need more chick characters who are badass. Plus, nobody wants Eliwood (Roy's dad) lol.

People keep saying that FE 8 sucked, but IMO he fact that you can continue playing after beating the game made it better than the Blazing Sword. I maxed out many of my chars by abusing the RNG in the Lagdou Ruins to the point where my Ewan can solo it with NegflarNosfaratu. (I haven't played since the DS lite came out, so I fogot lots of items, but not the story and stats.)

However, the natural higher stat caps/growths in FE 7 did give arouse many thoughts. So yes, Lyn should be in Brawl (although I don't give a crap about the game until it comes out, cuz I hate spoilers, so anyone being confirmed makes me wanna $match peeps), just cuz she's needed as a female figure.

Speakign of personallity, the "flavor" of the character, hers is very kind and friendly..my kinda girl. (lol?)

~L1F3 out for now

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
wow, after not logging on or checking the Dojo since monday, i was really surprised to see Lyn, but then i saw that she was an AT...wow. i really thought she deserved to be playable...too bad for my hopes on Ephraim, even tho i knew he wouldnt really make it, maybe as AT tho...
i guess this does show that Sakurai really doesnt care all that much for popularity, not for playable that is. poor poor Lucario, now his chances are 50/50...IMO at least

Fawks

Smash Rookie
im new

yea i think Ephraim or Lyn would be awesome
just NOT another plain old swordsman (lyn would NOT be a roy/marth clone)
swordsman are cool and all but the main theme fire emblem's gameplay revolved around was the spear>sword>axe>spear triangle and i would LOVE to see a spearman in brawl

wait, since when did having a personality get the characters into smash?
who cares about what they think
its all about wow factor lol

and ephraim has that

too bad there aren't any Generals that have a chance at making it into brawl
a General would be the next larger smasher and he would be awe inspiring
i mean every move is bada$$ a spear/axe on a chain? BAMF

Shuma

Smash Hero
Too bad Lyn is an assit eh? and Lyn was 10 times more popular than ****y ephra.

Fawks

Smash Rookie
sorry AT stands for assist trophy right?
whats that again?

lol nevermind i just went to the smashbros site and found out
sorry everyone

Hong

The Strongest
yea i think Ephraim or Lyn would be awesome
just NOT another plain old swordsman (lyn would NOT be a roy/marth clone)
swordsman are cool and all but the main theme fire emblem's gameplay revolved around was the spear>sword>axe>spear triangle and i would LOVE to see a spearman in brawl
I lol'd. Yeah. We all know how important the weapon triangle is midgame. Do you truly think that's he main theme of Fire Emblem? Honestly?

It's just one of the many mechanics. Yes it's important to try attacking with the right weapon class, but the advantage or disadvantage becomes very little at about mid game when everyone promotes, and becomes even more minimal end game. Though I won't lie that characters with low Skill like the Fighter tree suffer more than others. That's about it.

Though I can at least agree a spear user, especially with Ephraim's body type would be very fitting. Ike is a somewhat of a built swordsman with a brutal fighting style, Ephraim could be a lot lighter and more elegant in his combat style.
wait, since when did having a personality get the characters into smash?
who cares about what they think
its all about wow factor lol

and ephraim has that
Wow factor has very little to do with it. Characters are put in for three different reasons.
1) The fans want it. (Definately not Ephraim.)
2) For spotlight where it's deserving. (Retro or promotional characters.)
3) They could offer something unique. (Like Ephraim.)

Though personality has a lot to do with it. Link and MOTHER characters are my favourite examples because they express so much personality, but never say a word!

Ephraim did have personality. He was quite valiant, protective, a good strategist and noble. The problem is Fire Emblem has to have 101 characters with that same personality. It loses its wow factor. I liked Marth because he didn't like fighting at all and would ask his allies to not kill more than is needed. Of course we seen this later in the series, but he established this.
too bad there aren't any Generals that have a chance at making it into brawl
a General would be the next larger smasher and he would be awe inspiring
i mean every move is bada$$ a spear/axe on a chain? BAMF
Black Knight is a General.

wow Lunadis, chill the dudes new. oh BTW: #1 of the Character Reasons in Brawl has been tampered with: Deoxys anyone? aah maybe it was for the Mewtwo fanboys (i like both of them in case anyone asks)
besides, Ephraim's chances got way lowered (lower than they already were) by Lyn ending up AT. i seriously thought she was gonna make it. i just hope Ephraim will be in Brawl as at least an AT, if not maybe a background character in Castle Siege or w/e...

Hong

The Strongest
wow Lunadis, chill the dudes new.
Huh? What are you talking about? o.o
oh BTW: #1 of the Character Reasons in Brawl has been tampered with: Deoxys anyone? aah maybe it was for the Mewtwo fanboys (i like both of them in case anyone asks)
I said it's one of the reasons a character could get in. I never said that fitting the criteria is an instant shoe in to the roster anywhere in my post. That and if the character idea itself is entirely moot, popular or not it's not a suitable character.
besides, Ephraim's chances got way lowered (lower than they already were) by Lyn ending up AT. i seriously thought she was gonna make it. i just hope Ephraim will be in Brawl as at least an AT, if not maybe a background character in Castle Siege or w/e...
Lyn would never get in before Macaiah or Marth.

Huh? What are you talking about? o.o
it sounded like u were flaming Fawkes...
I said it's one of the reasons a character could get in. I never said that fitting the criteria is an instant shoe in to the roster anywhere in my post. That and if the character idea itself is entirely moot, popular or not it's not a suitable character.
i know that, i just saying the first ones been tampered with...O_o
Lyn would never get in before Macaiah or Marth.
course not, but i still thought shed get in
just so u know i hardly ever do this, but im lazy n i need to sleep for theres skul tomorrow :ohwell:

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Maybe.....just maybe Sakurai likes quote unquote "underdogs" of da Fire Emblem series. I mean c'mon man, they added Roy to Melee so Sakurai could add Ephraim.
Or maybe you don't know the "real" reason Roy was added into SSSM. Roy was only added to promote FE6 in Japan.

Honestly I don't care which FE character gets in as long as Mikaya is in before them.

-Knight

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Or maybe you don't know the "real" reason Roy was added into SSSM. Roy was only added to promote FE6 in Japan.

Honestly I don't care which FE character gets in as long as Mikaya is in before them.

-Knight
That may be but man it could still happen for Epharaim. I mean man he's got da look to be potentially a great playable. And he's not an over rated hero swordsmen.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Brawl should have 3 Fire emblem characters. A sword, axe and lance. Ephraim would fit fine as the lance but i still think he looks too feminine.
Even though I don't support Ephraim getting in; how on earth does he look to feminine? o_o

Honestly I think Micaiah needs to be in brawl to represent the magic side of Fire Emblem as well as the feminine side that only a woman could do.

-Knight

wuts SSSM? hahaha jk

Micaiah would be an awesome addition to Brawl, but she might not end up playable because Ike already took up that spot for PoR, but she could be in for Radiant Dawn (is that wut we should call it now since thats wut Goddess of Dawn is called in North America (n maybe other places too?)). also maybe PCs are in because they have recent games out (not counting classics), which was maybe why Lyn got ATd...
Senor Presidente: maybe you think he looks feminine because his twin sister is a girl...but that wouldnt matter coz Marth has that spot (not that Ephraim would take Marth's spot, who IS returning XD). good idea, but i think there would be at least 4 (Ike, Marth, Micaiah, Ephraim). if not Micaiah, then maybe Hector (who has somewhat low chances coz of Lyn...) or another axe wielder. and if not Ephraim, then maybe another lance wielder or Sothe who was the main character in Radiant Dawn part 1 or maybe (dare i say it) Colm! who was my favorite character in FE8

0rion

Smash Journeyman
0rion's in denial! Ephraim has no chance at all, he would be very lucky to make it as an AT, he shall probably be a sticker, no more no less.
Never say never cuz. I never thought in my wildest dreams that S. Snake would make an appearance, and seein how he's on da game, well, as far as characters go anything could happen. Ephraim can make it cause he's da world's greatest Fire Emblem character. Well, as far as good guys go. Black Knight's my all time favorite FE character.:cool:

Shuma

Smash Hero
You're wrong, that's your opinion, besides, Snake is a worthy character that everyone loves, Eprha is not worthy and most of the FE world hates him.

Oh, and Marth, Hector and ike come to my mind when i think in the best good guys.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Never say never cuz. I never thought in my wildest dreams that S. Snake would make an appearance, and seein how he's on da game, well, as far as characters go anything could happen. Ephraim can make it cause he's da world's greatest Fire Emblem character. Well, as far as good guys go. Black Knight's my all time favorite FE character.:cool:
Tell me Snake is popular in his respective franchise correct? Ephy's popularity in his respective franchise is not very high at all.

Give me proof that Ephriam is the world greatest Fire Emblem Character. Do you have any idea how disgusted people were by FE8? It's regarded as one of the worst Fire Emblem's in the series.

-Knight

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Tell me Snake is popular in his respective franchise correct? Ephy's popularity in his respective franchise is not very high at all.

Give me proof that Ephriam is the world greatest Fire Emblem Character. Do you have any idea how disgusted people were by FE8? It's regarded as one of the worst Fire Emblem's in the series.

-Knight
Snake is popular but if Kojima did not beg and pled for Snake to be in the game, he would of never made it. Sonic would be like da only 3rd party guy in there. That's my theory anyway.

And if peoples become disgusted if Epharaim makes it as a playable, then that's there problem. They're gonna have to get over themselves and accept Epharaim.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Snake is popular but if Kojima did not beg and pled for Snake to be in the game, he would of never made it. Sonic would be like da only 3rd party guy in there. That's my theory anyway.

And if peoples become disgusted if Epharaim makes it as a playable, then that's there problem. They're gonna have to get over themselves and accept Epharaim.
I was talking about his game as a whole. Look at this this way, when it comes to popularity his chances are worse than Lyn's; he'd be lucky to be playable. As unique as he his that's not going give him the boost over characters like Micaiah, Black Knight, Marth and Sigurd to be playable.

If you think he's going to be playble I suggest you go to the hospital and get your head checked out because you must of hit it multiple times. x_x

-Knight

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about his game as a whole. Look at this this way, when it comes to popularity his chances are worse than Lyn's; he'd be lucky to be playable. As unique as he his that's not going give him the boost over characters like Micaiah, Black Knight, Marth and Sigurd to be playable.

If you think he's going to be playble I suggest you go to the hospital and get your head checked out because you must of hit it multiple times. x_x

-Knight
Ha! Sure you were!:)

That may be true but I ain't givin up da fact that Epharaim has a chance to make it on to da character roster. A slim chance, but a chance nonetheless cuz. That's why I'm leavin it in Sakurai's hands, not yours.:p

Top Bottom