• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

\_---Ephraim For Brawl---_/

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Don't chu know ghetto fabulous lingo when u see it cuz?

Da = the

EPHARAIM 4 BRAWL!
Ebonics does not transfer over well over the internet. I'm sorry but he doesn't have a great chance of making it in as a playable character. I mean I could almost go as far as saying; Waluigi has a better chance than he does ( And I freakin hate and dispise Waluigi).

-Knight

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Ebonics does not transfer over well over the internet. I'm sorry but he doesn't have a great chance of making it in as a playable character. I mean I could almost go as far as saying; Waluigi has a better chance than he does ( And I freakin hate and dispise Waluigi).

-Knight
Oh it doesn't cuz? Well that's like to freakin bad cuz, b-cause here in da Spanish Harlem and Woodbridge/Hoodbridge, that's all we're bout. EBONICS!

Oh no he didn't!! Tell me u did not say that Waluigi has a betta chance than Epharaim! That's BABYBACK BULL$HIT!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Too bad, do you whant me to tell you why he does?

He's been in far more games, is far more popular, and has a bigger fanbase.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Oh it doesn't cuz? Well that's like to freakin bad cuz, b-cause here in da Spanish Harlem and Woodbridge/Hoodbridge, that's all we're bout. EBONICS!

Oh no he didn't!! Tell me u did not say that Waluigi has a betta chance than Epharaim! That's BABYBACK BULL$HIT!
for*

Well using ebonics is sometimes hard to interpret the true meaning of your sentences if your not faimiar with ebonics yourself. I didn't have problems unveiling your message when you were using said ebonics.

I would say Waliugi and Ephy are pretty close. >_> at least Waluigi has a fanbase( I have no idea how).

Ephy will only show up as an AT or not at all.

Have a nice day.

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
Lyn ended as an AT, Lyn had more poential and was by far more popular than ephy, she ended like an AT, Ephra whont appear in the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know stupid intentional spelling mistakes when I see them "cuz". Learn to spell and use real words.
If they are intentional, then the person actually knows HOW to spell it and chooses not to

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I know stupid intentional spelling mistakes when I see them "cuz". Learn to spell and use real words.
Man, I don't wanna here this from u or anybody else for that matter. I am what I am and that's not gonna change jus cause u want me to change da way that I talk/type "cuz." So....jus get lost if ya don't wanna see it.

@Psycho Incarnate, thanx for breakin on down for em.

Epharaim for Brawl!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Considering you misspell the name of the character you're suporting... i don't really expect you to understand why he has no chance.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Considering you misspell the name of the character you're suporting... i don't really expect you to understand why he has no chance.
Ephraim......there ya happy now? It was a typo cuz. Can't chu let a brotha getaway with anything?

Lets jus leave it at I wanna see Epharaim in Brawl and u don't. I'm not gonna hope on u guys bandwagon jus because da majority rules. Ain't my style. If I like a particular character man, don't grill me because I want em in Brawl. So yeah.....there I said it. And what!

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't really care if you whant Ephra in or not, now i just whant you to spell real english.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, allow me to rephrase that.

*Please at least try to type real english, 'cause it burns my eyeballs*

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Ok, allow me to rephrase that.

*Please at least try to type real english, 'cause it burns my eyeballs*
That's gonna b a no. Why? Cause it separates me from everybody else on this forum. That and I've been round ebonics ALL OF MY LIFE CUZ! Not gonna change da way I type jus cause yall tell me to.

And if it burns ya eyeballs Shuma, then man put on some sunglasses.

Ephraim 4 Brawl

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Too bad, do you whant me to tell you why he does?

He's been in far more games, is far more popular, and has a bigger fanbase.
But Waluigi never had his own game... he's kinda like Daisy, he's just there so that you get more options while playing Mario Kart.

But I'll admit that I'm a Waluigi fan... just because of Super Mario Strikers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88

The legendary crotch-chop for Brawl!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh i'm not a fan of Waluigi, i despise him, but he does have a bigger chance than Ephra.

And i love how Orion just makes a fool of himself :p.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
That's gonna b a no. Why? Cause it separates me from everybody else on this forum. That and I've been round ebonics ALL OF MY LIFE CUZ! Not gonna change da way I type jus cause yall tell me to.
Yo, wut up mai ******, let'us go to KFC, dawg.

Fawks

Smash Rookie
hmm

I lol'd. Yeah. We all know how important the weapon triangle is midgame. Do you truly think that's he main theme of Fire Emblem? Honestly?

It's just one of the many mechanics. Yes it's important to try attacking with the right weapon class, but the advantage or disadvantage becomes very little at about mid game when everyone promotes, and becomes even more minimal end game. Though I won't lie that characters with low Skill like the Fighter tree suffer more than others. That's about it.
yea i still think the triangle was one of the more important aspects that made the game original and a basic tactic you used throughout the entire game from start to finish. It was always in the back of your mind. Of course, later after promotions there was less worry when a swordsman attacked your axeman but to use your characters to the maximum potential you would often prefer to attack enemies that had the disadvantaged weapon.

Though I can at least agree a spear user, especially with Ephraim's body type would be very fitting. Ike is a somewhat of a built swordsman with a brutal fighting style, Ephraim could be a lot lighter and more elegant in his combat style.Wow factor has very little to do with it. Characters are put in for three different reasons.
1) The fans want it. (Definately not Ephraim.)
2) For spotlight where it's deserving. (Retro or promotional characters.)
3) They could offer something unique. (Like Ephraim.)

Though personality has a lot to do with it. Link and MOTHER characters are my favourite examples because they express so much personality, but never say a word!

i think the parameters to join brawl are simply on BadA**iness or their game's popularity
the game designers can input the uniqueness as needed IE: all the clones
clearly the game does not rely on character background; most people didn't even know who marth was, yet he became the number 2 or so played character. i doubt a lot of the people who play marth have ever even played his FE
or even since ssbros. few knew who ness was
at least from my observations

and the wow factor i was referring to is the potential for awesome move sets and aesthetic beauty, not his personality
sorry for the ambiguity

Ephraim did have personality. He was quite valiant, protective, a good strategist and noble. The problem is Fire Emblem has to have 101 characters with that same personality. It loses its wow factor. I liked Marth because he didn't like fighting at all and would ask his allies to not kill more than is needed. Of course we seen this later in the series, but he established this.Black Knight is a General.
i, to this date, have never played a dr. mario game, yoshi game, Earthbound game, or game and watch game
and i've only played a few minutes of DK starfox and F zero
i don't know anything about fox but hes my favorite character to the death

i've never played the GC FE's but i just watched some vids of him
i stand corrected but the Black knight isn't as bada** as the ones in the GBA FE's
he didn't have the spear or ax on a chain thing which was the best part of the generals i thought
haha

well thank you for correcting me and reading what i wrote and i do see how nooby it must've seemed because at the time i hadn't checked smashbros.com for any updates in quite a long time and thus oblivious to the Lyn AT catastrophe; still gets me teary eyed

PS for the more recent posts
stop criticizing the way people type everyone has their style and level of laziness
you understand what they are saying and that's all that matters
what do you care?
Are you his English teacher?
and you have to understand everyone makes typoz

wee woo.

Fawks

Smash Rookie
haha

yea pretty much
as it says im a smash noob + the wopping 6 posts
your powers of perception amaze me

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Oh i'm not a fan of Waluigi, i despise him, but he does have a bigger chance than Ephra.

And i love how Orion just makes a fool of himself :p.
Do.....I know u from some place like from high school or somethin? My point is cuz, what da hell did I ever do to u man?! I'm serious, I guess some peeps jus love to guzzle down gallons upon gallons of this haterade. And that goes for everybody else who keep on makin there snide little comments bout da way I type/talk.

Ephraim 4 Brawl

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I guess my thread was raided by Gangsters and The Spelling Police... Anyways I would like to question who the hell said that Waluigi had that good of a chance. Rather than saying random ****, back it up.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I just beated the game yesterday... worse Fire Emblem game... ever.

Besides, who the **** whant's to use a character that instead of riding a horse, rides a ****ing ponny?

Also, Waluigi at least has a fanbase.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I just beated the game yesterday... worse Fire Emblem game... ever.

Besides, who the **** whant's to use a character that instead of riding a horse, rides a ****ing ponny?

Also, Waluigi at least has a fanbase.
Waluigi has a fanbase of morons. The fact whether the guy has a 'ponny' (OLOL NOW WUT SPELLING POLEEZE)or a barbie doll-like horse is debatable. I don't care about your opinion. Besides, why was G&W in if his game sucked? Your logic is simply that something must have a fanbase, cool mounts, and a good game. That's EXACTLY what G&W lacks.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Waluigi having a better chance to be in Brawl than Ephraim is bull. I'm back, btw.
Despite being a filler character, Waluigi is more known, has a bigger fanbase, and the games he appears in are quite popular. Ephraim is just a star of the lowest rated Fire Emblem game.

You still think that's a lie?

Look at Lyn. She's dead popular outside Japan and she became an AT. What makes you think Ephraim even has a chance? C'mon, Japan despises the GBA FEs and everyone else prefers Hector, Ike, Marth, Roy, Lyn, Ike, and the Black Knight.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Despite being a filler character, Waluigi is more known, has a bigger fanbase, and the games he appears in are quite popular. Ephraim is just a star of the lowest rated Fire Emblem game.

You still think that's a lie?

Look at Lyn. She's dead popular outside Japan and she became an AT. What makes you think Ephraim even has a chance? C'mon, Japan despises the GBA FEs and everyone else prefers Hector, Ike, Marth, Roy, Lyn, Ike, and the Black Knight.
Limiting Brawl spots to popular characters contradicts the retro style characters such as Ice Climbers.

The only arguement you people have are popularity issues, which contradict the retro-style characters IE Ness, G&W, Ice Climbers and etcektra. Waluigi has no purpose or profile rather than filler, so he's out PERIOD

Shuma

Smash Hero
You're an idiot, Retro characters don't need popularity, they're Retro and are introduced to Smash for the surprise omg i remember them from when i was 5 years old factor, characters like Ephraim are pretty much deconfirmed now that Lyn was deconfirmed, Lyn was way popular here and in Japan, and she is an At.

Ephraim is not popular, is the lord of the WORST fire emblem game to date, some people even hate him, what makes you think he will be in, when even popular characters like Wolf, Deoxis and Lyn have been deconfirmed.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
You're an idiot, Retro characters don't need popularity, they're Retro and are introduced to Smash for the surprise omg i remember them from when i was 5 years old factor, characters like Ephraim are pretty much deconfirmed now that Lyn was deconfirmed, Lyn was way popular here and in Japan, and she is an At.

Ephraim is not popular, is the lord of the WORST fire emblem game to date, some people even hate him, what makes you think he will be in, when even popular characters like Wolf, Deoxis and Lyn have been deconfirmed.
Ehh, sped (Special Education) , who's to say that counters my popularity arguement? Captain Falcon had no popularity whatsoever 'till 64.

Blah Blah he's not popular WHO GIVES A ****? Look at the Capt. Falcon. There's even been some Stupid jokes about him like the Chuck Norris ones because of his Smash Appearences. Wolf's not deconfirmed IIRC.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Cap'n Falcon IS popular, and he's been around since the NES days. If there are jokes about him, is because he IS popular, and Wolf is deconfirmed. Look at the graveyard 2 or the Wolf thread, the pics are there in the last pages.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Cap'n Falcon IS popular, and he's been around since the NES days. If there are jokes about him, is because he IS popular, and Wolf is deconfirmed. Look at the graveyard 2 or the Wolf thread, the pics are there in the last pages.

Link me to the Wolf Graveyard. I GUARANTEE he's not dead. I want proof. Anyways, nice job contradicting yourself.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ha, i never contraticed myself, i never said Retro characters weren't popular, i said they don't NEED to be popular.

Also:

Fox costume.

Top Bottom