• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

916 / Sacramento Smash: DP will never post here

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I got sooooooooo close to beating your Marth tonight, Moon. I'll do it next time for sure. :)

EDIT: But I did beat Moi in Falcon dittos, so I'm pretty happy about that, lol.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I'm more focused on learning and fixing mistakes/bad habits so I can beat all of you in the future. And so I can become a better, more consistent player, of course. :)

I felt like I played pretty well against you the other night, Moon. I'll be studying those videos closely, and hopefully I can make some good improvements off of those. I'll probably have them uploaded within a couple days (maybe today if I'm not too tired)

EDIT: They're up. :)

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
I'm down for some melee tomorrow :D

I'm just passing through town for a couple days and was actually really hoping to get some melee in so you should totally message me

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ive been getting better at this game hehe

i think sac's moi and pleasanton's brock are pretty good up and coming players.

DRGN

Technowizard
What about some other weekday?

moi? I haven't seen much of him. I don't even remember playing him. Where is he from, anyway? Further North?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Yeah, he lost to NK then continued in Loser's until he lost to Meep, if I'm not mistaken.

He does, in fact, play Falcon. Blue Falcon, to be precise.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea i didnt really get to play the dude besides 1 friendly i think, but he's pretty good

the problem is falcon is really difficult to play at high level (esp in norcal where we know the matchup) because you really have to take it to the next level to actually main him. u gotta be jeff level and he barely makes top 5/top 10 at majors now

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
This isn't meant to be egotistical or demeaning so don't take it thusly.

Moi has the basic concepts and techniques down for the game, but he lacks experience and the broad foundation needed to adapt to any situation. I'd say he needs to work on patience (something I struggle with myself purely because I hate being patient) and that will set him up to progress a lot further.

My nerves and rustiness got the best of me at that last tournament. I haven't played competitively in so long that I literally forgot how to handle the pressure of serious matches.

Moon is tons better than what he showed in tournament. That guy has potential for days but needs to, once again, build his foundation of tactics.

Chok plays extraordinarily homo and has horrible approaches. He's a machine when it comes to grab combos though, so that makes up for everything I guess.

Two cents delivered.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
horrible approaches? i approach with full hop uair because i know people are gonna jump. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!!!

♥

Wolfy!

Indecisive
the problem is falcon is really difficult to play at high level (esp in norcal where we know the matchup) because you really have to take it to the next level to actually main him. u gotta be jeff level and he barely makes top 5/top 10 at majors now
There's just something about Falcon that makes him the world's greatest underdog...

I'd really like to see a Falcon take a TAG one of these days...

Orko

Smash Apprentice
So yeah.
Kingsnail and I are down to smash like,
any ****ing day.

so if you're down just shoot me a PM.
Litterallly. Like any day.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
^ So have I. ^_^

'Cept I kinda want to do something Falcon themed since I have a decent amount of Falcon footage (and if this TAG is all Falcon, I'll have even more, lol).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
at the santa cruz tournament i was greatly inspired by scar and s2j

and proceded to body mediocre players in friendlies trying to make falcon as epic as possible

what a fun character

Wolfy!

Indecisive
@DRGN, if you have a USB drive or external harddrive, could I get a copy of those clips next time we meet? ^_^

@chok, It really looks like 2012 will be the year of the Falcon after all. :)

All Falcon TAG would make me the happiest Falcon main in the world. =D

Top Bottom